Please share your experience with Sertraline. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Please share your experience with Sertraline. What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Your dick will never go up while you use it

Don't have any problem with that.

I was a one and doner with sex until i started taking SSRIs- would last about a minute or so. Now I can control when I go. Best thing I ever did for my sex life.

Docs would only give me 15-25mg/day as prescription antidepressant.

Acts as a smoking cessation.
I noticed no difference. Others said I was more bearable to be around due to less anger problems as well.

My dick worked when I wanted it to, BUT, I was definitely less interested in sex after a while.

Only 15 or 25 mg? I use 100 mg at this moment. I also noticed that I'm less angry when it comes to small things.

Truth care, truth brings

I had shitty doctors.
A legitimate conversation went like this:
"Here's 5mg to start with"
>Doc, I don't think this will work, but alright.
2 weeks later
"Lets up it to 15-20mg, and see how you feel."
>I honestly think this dosage is far too low to have a decent effect on my mentality. I feel the same, Doc.
2 weeks later.
>You said to check in with you, i would like to try upping the dosage. There's really no difference, Doc. I'm a huge guy, maybe it has to do with size and circulation within my system.
"drug seeking behavior. You're cut off for now."
>.... Fuck you, too.

Had Headaches and got 25mg 0.5-0-0 for 1 week
went away after the week when i got 50mg
Interestingly though, it lowered my fapping and interest in sex, made me smile more often and more happy overall, not taking it anymore since i got Trazodon (had insomnia as well hence the latter) i'm off both now and i'm way more happy than before

Also, take it in the morning, after getting up

Nice to hear that!

I have been taking sertraline for around 6 years now. I have never had any problems with it.

I take it around 8:00 PM, why should I take it in the morning tho?

Damn, that's an awful doctor for sure.

basically sertraline im on a 50 mg dose and have been steady on it for months now more than a year probably. it takes about 2 weeks to feel the depression slip away, and i personally got diahrea and was hard to fuck for a while but keeping it steady and etc now its just a [part of my day and the depression has been gone. granted ive also been a kratom and marijuana consumer but the setraline helps for its purpose for me at 50mg. im thinking about stopping tho cause im happy and i think ill be alright without it. also i SERIOUSLY RECCOMEND PROBIOTICS. setraline just fixes the problem in your brain by keeping sertraline in longer. probiotics help fix your stomach over time which is where your bodu creates the serotonin and dopamine. so TRY PROBIOTICS as well as sertraline. sorry for long post hope it helped.

>705917023
me again also the diahrea and fucking part subsided and now i feel normal and dont haver diahrea and i actally fuck like never before. :p

Psychiatry Resident here. Got any questions?
Zoloft is the go to first antidepressant. Really well tolerated

100mg for depression, 200mg for anti anxiety effects

My doc told me that it stimulates some people, keeps them more active/awake, thats also another reason why i changed meds x)

Haha nice, the diarrhea is the only disadvantage I noticed.

I read some comments of people that they are gaining weight while taking this med. Do you know something about that?

ive heard alot of people LOSE weight because the increase in happiness makes you get up and want to do more

I just started on 100mg after a month on 50mg and it's not fucking working

Been taking it for 6 months now and all is very well. The first 2 weeks were bellyaches and inskmia but they stopped soon after. My mood lifted and im more confident. Although i tend to yawn a ridiculous amount lol

Havent noticed any weight gain, got more motivated in loosing weight, dieting etc

Yup I noticed the yawning too. But when will you stop taking this med?

I had headaches and dropped it after two weeks

That's much better than gaining weight lol.

Lol. It's not even addictive or any fun. What an idiot.

Doc here. SSRIs can have some weight gain, typically a couple of pounds. Nothing dramatic. If people do gain a lot of weight it isn't because of the medication

You've got to take it for 4 weeks at that dose before you will know if it's working. Patience young grasshopper

Started with 50mg now I take 100mg, it's been about two months and it has made my short-term memory terrible. A small improvement in mood.