I am a service advisor at a Honda dealership...ask me anything

I am a service advisor at a Honda dealership...ask me anything.

Nignug

Why are you so much more expensive compared to the shop around the corner that also uses official parts and certified staff for service?

WFT

They may say they use genuine parts but unless they buy directly from a dealership, they're aftermarket. When we do work, we typically do a lot more to the car than some garage will do. Plus you get a parts and labor warranty, and the peace of mind knowing that a actual honda certified master tech is doing the work and a dealership is standing behind the job.

How long does the taste of cum linger in your mouth after doing "whatever it takes" to get someone to keep a service contract after the warranty expired?

Weeks.

Thanks for the honesty.

But seriously, we don't "do whatever it takes to keep a service contract". I literally have no idea what you're talking about.

I work for GM; a company that -CAN- build great vehicles except they choose to reinvent the wheel on every product refresh and constantly use the lowest bidder for their parts suppliers.

Have you ever shitposted in /o/?

Of course. I used to sell cars and I moved to service and I've been shit posting since day 1.

>American made
>good product

Is there any benefit to using Honda brand oil filters for my Honda over generic ones? My dad always told me that it was better to use the Honda ones for Hondas, but I've always wondered why. Is it a different structure? Designed for Honda engines specifically? Or just bullshit?

You job sounds very boring. Then again so does mine. I'm a file clerk/ secretary assistant. That's not a question.

Well all honda parts are designed for the particular vehicle, aftermarket parts often are generic "one size fits all". It works essentially the same but truthfully it's always better to use honda parts.

The job is very fast paced, stressful, and can be very rewarding. Although it frustrates me to no end when people don't take care of their cars, or buy anything then bitch at me when a problem that could have been avoided by my recommendation comes about. A lot of honda owners take good care of their cars though.

Not sure about Honda filters but I can say that Ford's Motorcraft oil filter really are better to use on Ford products. Some Ford engines require a filter with an internal anti-drainback valve. Ford's FL-820S has it whereas AC Delco's PF1250 doesn't and yet it's still listed as the cross ref oil filter.

Ive got an 04 element with 180k on it. Whats the value?

Not my department any more. Kbb value for a trade into a dealership is usually a close bet. But remember:
1. KBB does not buy cars so don't hold on to to their number like gospel.
2. Do not put excellent condition it's NEVER in excellent condition and it's likely fair or good.

I have a 07 Honda civic with 350000 on it. Should I sell or drive it into the ground?

Well you'd likely only get $500 or so for it since they would literally just sell it for scrap metal at that point. Depends on how reliable it is I guess. 07 civics are pretty major problem free so if you took care of it and it's still running like a champ, keep ot.

With that mileage, a dealer won't touch it or they'll give you imaginary trade in dollars instead of real money. You won't get fuck all for a private sale because the mileage will be scary to a lot of people even with a full service history.

Drive the fucker until the wheels fall off.