Pic not related

thats alot of fine wire

stupid shitfuck

Sleep on your side or stomach

Sleep paralysis only happens when you sleep on your back

Wrong. I sleep on my stomach and still get it, feels like I'm suffocating

That's some bullshit
I always sleep on my sides

I used to get it all the time. I just changed my sleep position, and it went away.

trazodone?
remeron?
klonopin?

it happens bc of stress
if u cant stop being stressed then ull have to learn to control it , yes u can control it .
just dont panic , calm down , think of boobs etc .-.

smoke some weed motherfucker

I only get it after a heavy weekend of partying. Mostly from MDMA or anything that keeps me up for a really long time. Its so annoying

I'm an eurofag
Is not easy to get that shit
Especially in my contry

Me too. A demon or ghost raped me in that position Im serious. Or they wrestled me..

I used to get it alot and what I found helps is to just try and go back to sleep.

Do you drink a lot? Are you stressed at work? Do you live in a city where things can wake you at night? I had it all the time... thought i was losing it until i stopped drinking so much moved and changed jobs

2 of the 3 aren't controlled substances they're just antidepressants you can take in low doses to induce sleep

as for over the counter try an antihistamine e.g. diphenhydramine or doxylamine

I tend to find when I go to sleep late and I'm exhausted I get it much worse and a lot more frequently

If I get into a proper sleep routine then I get it like once a month max

good thing they blocked her eyes this would have been a disturbing picture

At one point me AND my gf were getting it alot it was rely weird. We had an agreement where we would wake eachother up if it was happening cuz usually you can do a slight moan or something to make a little noise or movement

I only get it when sleeping on my stomach or side, I never get it when sleeping on my back.

When you go to sleep, your nervous system turns off the circuit that sends information to your muscles. You're paralyzed (mostly). This lets you dream without letting you jump out of a window while asleep. It's protective.

Sometimes, when you go to sleep, or when you're waking up from sleep, you wake up before this paralysis is completely removed. So you're temporarily paralyzed while waking or going to sleep.

There's a strong feeling of terror and the sense of an intruder that's related to this feeling that still isn't fully explained. The part of the brain responsible for watchfulness and alertness likely plays a part, but I'm not getting too deep into shit.

TL;DR It's dirt common, normal, and fine. You're fine.

Source: medfag

> Sleep paralisys

Lmao, you faggot lol get back to le reddit with le meme you emo fag
>new fag
>raped when was child
>9gag faggot
Seriously that's some tumblr shit right there

>paralisys

Can someone ban this underage autistic faggot?

This.
Actual Sleep Tech here

Yeah all the three things, seriously it could be the drinking?

Happens to me at least 4 times a week. I always end up waking up at 3am every god damn time. It happens to me if I sleep past 1am or fall asleep too early.

First experience I had I was left totaly aware of my surroundings and could hear everybodies conversations, although I couldn't move. I could open my eyes and everything had white bending light radiating from whatever I looked at.

Second experience it felt like someone was sitting on my back.

Third experience, my chest. Fourth, someone was tickling my sides. Fifth, felt like someone was raping my ass no joke. 6th, I woke up hallucinating and thought I saw what looked like a guy in a hoody jacking off at the side of my bed.

Spooky shit, and it happens a lot to me. I cope with it now though.

Ok... But every day? Sure it's normal doc?

Almost certainly especially if you drink a lot on the weekends but not much the rest of the week

Well no then, I drink every day
But I don't get drunk often
But when i'm drunk this shit doesn't happen

Nice dubs, now gtfo you fucking kid

Used to get sleep paralysis and general nightmares since childhood. Tell myself i wont have bad dreams every night before bed. It has worked for the last 2 years.

Could be a symptom of real sleep disorder.

Do your muscles ever go weak when you are awake?

Do you get so sleepy you can't fight it off?

Do you have dreams that seem to be really happening?

If yes, you're fucked

You might be getting kicked out of your dreams by something. It's probably an intense fear that you have that even your subconscious is saying nope to. I had this problem when I was young and it sort of worked itself out on it's own. It started as normal sleep paralysis. I'd wake up to my bedroom, with the terror of the dream I was in, yet no actual memory of the dream. I don't know if fear paralyzed me or if I was still stuck between dreaming and waking. After a few times I began to remember the dream. It was the same dream each time. Once I had enough details of the dream memorized, I began to become aware during the dream, instead of after. At this point it was me saying nope, and not my subconscious. After a few times of ejecting myself from the dream I stopped having it. I wish I had known about lucid dreaming back then, but I was just a child. I think I was on the threshold of controlling my dreams, but all I cared about at the time was not being afraid.

MODS!

Its a side effect of super aids.
Ur fucked op.
Include me in ur will ok?
Thanks

How fucked, because I have all three the things

Why am i fucked?

I promise you it's the drinking. I have been sober for over 4 years now, and haven't had it happen since I quit.

I get it often, a few times a month. After the first couple of times I got used to it and just wait it out, either I end up going to sleep or I wake up depending on which direction I'm headed. Weird that you get it every night, even recurring SP is quite rare, every night more so, and weird that you aren't used to it by now.

I guess just do what I did and try to remember that its just SP when it happens.

Different user with sleep paralysis.

Yes
Yes
And yes

How fucked am i?

Muscles get really weak when i wake upfor about 30 min.

Ive been working 12hour days on night shift so 7pm to 7am.
When i sleep at 8 wake up at 4 and i keep falling back to sleep. Even on the 8hr weeks i still fall asleep after ive woken up. Its as if i didnt get any seleep at all... all i have to do is lay down or sit comfortably and ill fall asleep and wake up tired even if i got my 8 hours of sleep.

I dont really remember most of my dreams so idk if that oneapplies to me.

But I do have reoccurring dreams that i can still remember and are kinda pleasant.

The sleep paralysis happens once or twice a month and its normally like 2 to 3 days of it.

Neurological disorder.
No cure.

I'd add that I also partially lucid dream without trying, so its easier for me. I haven't had a nightmare that I couldn't take control of since 1st grade.

Thanks man, but I alredy do that
I always know what's happening but it happens every time.
I'm just there saying "it's this shit again" but then you feel like you can't breath and it starts to get ugly. Every that this shit happens it's like my body is trying to kill me in my sleep

And how dangerous is that?

All symptoms patients with narcolepsy report.
Google narcolepsy tetrad.
Good luck with that.

I've gotten to the point when I am aware that it is happening. I would concentrate on my toes and try to wiggle them. Then when the spooky shit would show up I would just "be aware it's bullshit and call it stupid names" then usually after I'd fall back a sleep then be aware I am dreaming and start lucid stuff. Normally begin to fly then look for my cute 12 yo neighbor but once we begin to get naughty I always wake up. What bull shit

Loll ignore him he's a troll genius

No Sleep Tech.

Op here.
Yeah exactly the problem is that I can contain the fear put then I stop breathing for some reason or i just feel like it and that's really scary. It's like i'm trying to kill my self

I've had it a few times and it's fucking terrifying. The one I remember most was lying staring at my ceiling, not even able to change my rate of breathing I was that paralysed, and out of sync with me I could hear something else breathing on my bed next to me. Lasted for about five minutes.

>> Medfags
Sup dude
>What the fuck is this shit?
It is when your body goes into a sleeping state but your brain is still awake
>What the fuck do I do?
nothing you can do you just gotta ride it out fam

Had it on and off for years since teens due to psychiatric drugs and sleep apnea. can be very uncomfortable. i have had very realistic hallucinations while slipping in and out of rem sleep that are scary at first but then cool. i imagine i've had close to 50 sleep paralysis episodes in my life AMA

Yeah but when it happens every day it's a bit of a problem you know doc

You might have central sleep apnea as well

Boy i'm fucked pretty hard

OP ... just don't panic. Inhale. Exhale. Keep your eyes wide awake. Don't fall asleep or that Dark figure will fuck you up. (even at daylight that fucker appears)

then sleep again after you calm down

Sleep Tech guy.
This is bullshit.
You won't die.
Your whole life will simply suck.

Why would you want to stop sleep paralysis. Shit is fun

NANI