soundcloud.com/jacobheckman/sets/lovecraft-a-rap-album
image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/recording_audio.htm
soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship
youtube.com/watch?v=WZD6AMLvJyU
youtube.com/watch?v=gnoD61N0eS0
soundcloud.com/sundreamgun/sets/ttmonjulc378
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what rappers have u worked with?

whats the best (free) way to get into that line of business?

idk if i should say lol

make friends with other producers.... trust me

rap is not music

rap is gay

Music? Rap?
You can pick only one bro.
They are mutually exclusive.

rap makes $$$

why dont you name your patterns and color code?

lazy douche

>plugging sounds into a computer program that plays them on a loop

>music

Pick one.

because i name the tracks so there's no point naming the patterns. and fuck color coding

you do realize everything you listen to on the radio or whatever is made using a computer? Unless you listen to old classic shit or jazz idk

There's a difference between a live band being edited/mixed/recorded in tracks and clicks and clacks and other sound effects plugged into your little computer program.

ok grandpa

kek, doubt it

edm fag

How do I begin? What can I put on my laptop that is either free, or cheap, that I can begin experimenting with?

Name the rappers you worked with pussy

download fl studio

would you also like my address and my ssn?

you patterns are extreme basic and have zero creatively. i bet you dont even limit, mix and master. maybe you slap on soundgoodizers and loldurrrrsoundsgood FUCK OFF FAGT

I like Black Midi. You don't know what it is? Look it up on youtube

can i ask you to shut the fuck up?

no shit it's basic dumbass it's a rap beat

yeah sure

Have you ever used cool edit pro? I know it's shitty and outdated but I'm a poorfag. How can I maximize its effectiveness on my vocals?

>music producer
>fl studio

great job.. so pro ..

that bass line is fucking used all the time. please fuck off, uninstall FL studio, find the nearest bridge, throw laptop off of it, then kill yourself.

so does selling your butthole

yeah it's used all the time because its good to rap over lmao random.

tru

yeah you can add that in

FL Studio aka Fruity Loops.. kek I guess FL doesn't sound a fagit as the original name. Oh yeah FL ruined music

im not OP

buuut i can already tell youre extremely fuckin stupid from that comment alone

LOL

post your shitty soundcloud then cuck boy

nah dude i've never used it. sorry bro

This edgy cunt hereIf it sounds good in your ears its served its purpose
You could listen to song entirely composed of farts and still enjoy, just noise and words bro

>rap is not music

>rap is gay

Nobody who actually knows anything about or gives a genuine fuck about music (or any medium) actually thinks this dismissively about an entire genre.

You're a fucking moron.

>soundcloud
LMAO

torrent ableton/logic/fruitloops

i ahve a cock u can experiment with you filthy faggot

how so?

so edgyyyyy

CHECKED
also whats wrong with soundcloud?

Whats your fav compressor ?

torrenting is illegul

exactly

Let's test your mastery of rap lore.

What's black and rhymes with Snoop?

You are an example of a balkan nigger who has an iq of -69

fucked the joke up bruh

Do I torrent all of these? Or are you just listing different options for the same process?

Edgy gramps here lol

shut the fuck up

one of them

thank you

if you are doing that i would suggest fruity loops

I'm leaning toward it now. I'm seeing 9, 10, and 11(producer version) on some torrent sites. 9 has the most reliable looking seeds.

Is there any pressing reason why I would need the latest?

to tell you the truth i dont really know cuz i actually paid for it but im fairly certain getting an earlier version wont matter. i would suggest getting the 11 producer version if you could.

Native instruments machine 2. Reaper. There I just gave you keywords to get started with the best software out. Fuck this gay thread and FL users.

or you could use fl like a normal perosn

LEAK REVERIE ARCA

This looks so amateur tho

FL is crap. Go start using ableton or something. FL studio is for kids who don't give a single shit about sound quality

why are you such a fucking faggot?

uhh if thats your project, KYS

This is what an average project of mine looks like.

>music
>rappers
pick one

>implying that makes it good

say please

Fl studio, producer, pick one

Ok ok i worked with Drake once awhile back.

honestly though...like how many people are gonna listen to a professionally produced song thats more or less been done before, compared to a low quality song that they enjoy and entertains them. Ultimately if people like it thats all that matters.

whats your workflow?

nah i'll stick with fl thanks

yeah, its a reallysimple beat bruh

you know this is just a rap beat right? not a fucking edm song

money=good

idk man

ok

Track looks amature in all honesty

maybe look at the 1000 times i said its a simple rap beat you stupid fuck

OP...

I'm really looking for some help on this song. Especially at 17 seconds in, I really need your godly producer help!!!
soundcloud.com/wipaccountforstuff/op-1

HELP PLEASE

fucking kek

fuck the ending was loud lol

i'll bite
what professional rapper do you think is using FL studio to produce their music

fuck you

you dont understand how the music industry works huh?

whho u work?

>implying
wew lad you haven't answered my question though

no because it was really dumb

lil wayne and some other top tier rappers

I recently got Logic Pro X but I'm not entirety experienced with using the program. Are there any effective guides that you know of?

I have several questions
>8 patterns?
>Unlabeled?
>What the shit are you doing in fl?
>Why do you feel the need to lie?

Op is a damn liar. I've done production for half of D12, Cypress Hill, Danny Brown, and a bunch more. This shit doesn't get you fucking paid. Only the 'producer' friend ballfondlers make that big money. Like Drake's personal fukboi. Nobody uses fucking fruity loops and if they bring that shit they get laughed out the room. Protools sessions, usually not on a grid, at least 60 tracks before the vocal. Fuck you OP you goddamn poser. Probably don't even know what an 1176 is and definitely don't know which way is up on the knobs.

Bitches get on my level

im a producer aswell, started out in fl, moted to reason and now, for 6-7 years ive been on cubase.

FL studio is prfect for beats and has a very good sound quality.

Its not what u use, its what u do with it

>Black Midi
the fuck kinda gay shit is this?

In todays music there are tons of rappers producers who use fl to make mediocre shit. But his project screen cap is just garbage.

y would i wanna level down?

>FL Studio
>Rap
>Music Producer

preach

Just got a hd800 setup yesterday. Real instruments do sound better, but honestly the difference is minimal. You can hear a little bit more bass extension and string reverb but other than that, for the average listener it wouldn't make a difference...

u better pick up that air guitar ur momma gave u as a present

>simple rap beat
>not entire beat
>i labeled the different tracks
>tons of producers use fl

>This shit doesn't get you fucking paid
stopped reading there

yes there are tons of producers in fl, including myself. I don't label myself a pro and i haven't worked with any "pros". Couldn't you screen cap something more impressive to get your point across? Also if you truly are offering decent advice, what is your suggested set-up for an amateur home studio/mobile. Bare essentials for getting ideas down.

> Implying the number of tracks is a measure of producing ability

soundcloud.com/jacobheckman/sets/lovecraft-a-rap-album

Then you are a retard. Rappers don't pay for production. They don't pay for studio time. It's like squeezing blood from a stone. Our secretary calls 500 times a day. Lol if you believe they're not living on borrowed money anyway.

I meant PAID$$$$ not paid minimum wage you fuckwit

>Implying simplicity is even a thing in the modern pop music industry

i actually worked with many famous rappers like yourself op but i dont want to say who tho because im full of shit. just like you

And im motherfucking eminem

ok but is it a good rap song? cause you dont seem ready to share your music

i literally screen capped a beat i worked on for like 15 minutes in my free time lmao and i never said i was a pro lol i have just worked with some rappers

i dont rap retard. i make beats for rappers

Do you know Taylor Swift?

how is that mpk mini?
they look good in the store
worth the price?
what kind of sounds are you getting?

WOW UR SO COOL!!1!11!1

no, thankfully

How does it feel to know that A.I. will replace your job in within 5 years.

nigger you didn't even answer my question, just got defensive again about the quality of your shitty screen capped fl garbage. Op is a lying cunt and wasting our time. I'm out.

Im trying to get into music production using fruity loops are there any free sample packs i should download that could help (im trying to make drum and bass fyi)

Why not? What have you hear of her?

the fact you won't just means you're full of shit, faggot.

How cringe inducing was Macklemore? And are you aware that he made an mk tribute site in the 90s about John the MK Janitor and a small fan game called MK Mopologies where the eponymous John used a mop to clean up crime?

I'm just gonna straight up say you seem like a fucking tool OP. We get it you watched an hour long YouTube video on how to make rap beats so you think you are big shit even though now days DAWs like FL studio take no talent or skill to use. Not to say that they can't be used effectively, but your track looks like shit. Not even basic rap beat just shit.

i literally was responding to what you said to me lmao see ya dude

pretty good

Are you fucking retarded? Do you not see the levelers and effects in the back? Jfc go back to Garage Band you autist.

no one gives a fuck

oh i forgot, you only make the entire fucking song.
if op is too pussy to post soundbites then its only safe to assume is shit and he is a booty ass garbage beat'r.

ahhh jealous people make me feel so much better about myself :)

Why does just about every rap song these days start with "Unh, yah, cummon cummon, word, unhun-unhun"
Not necessarily in that order

i feel the same

>world of warcraft
how does it feel living in the basement of your parents house you fucking nerd

is there any rap not in 4/4 time
its a lightweight art

That doesn't change the fact your track probably took 5 minutes to make. One track takes me upwards of a month c:

>John the MK Janitor
thats kinda cool in a 'things no one really cared about except for a couple of weird ass people in the 90s' kinda way

15* thats cool. i meet famous people, wbu?

Useless trivia, I know.

DJ'd with famous people fagget

Pretty good man. atleast i can make works of art while you sit on Cred Forums all day pretending to be cool.

yeah im sure dude

apparently someone does if they have the time to respond to how shitty someone's idea of making music is so sit your ass down, 200lbs

Pretty nice actually, I got it online for 90 dollars when it was on sale. It's pretty good for 90 dollars. Sadly I'm not really experienced so I feel like there is much more I can do with it.

we get it bro, you spend weeks or months on 1 song and then what? lol i spent less than a day on a track and make money from it

>not always less than a day but in some cases

yeah i want something i can use as a sequencer and a beat pad. i just a launchpad but i think it fucking blows. its cheap and live lite is ugly af.
thinking about the maschine jam, looks so sexy

Dude I'm not fucking sitting here saying I've fucking DJ'd with like fucking deadmau5 or anything like that. I've opened for a few notable people. I don't know why you thought people on this site would praise you like some kinda God. You are obviously fucking lieing OP. I really hope nothing in this post is serious. If you are really this fucking desperate for attention go shoot up a school or something that's the only way people will ever know who you are.

>opened for notable people
>cant even spell lying correctly
seems legit

>avoids point of the paragraph
>attacks a petty mistake
Like I said fucking tool

what was the point lol. you just said i was "lieing" like ok lol think what you wanna think dude

name your patterns before you call yourself a producer

Check out my youtube fam I make trap beats and thier kinda ok hmy

DAW doesn´t matter you fucktards

Every DAW on the market has it´s pro and cons - export quality of them depends of the synthesizers and samples used but the tools provide all the same functions without any quality difference (except maybe programming of proprietary plugins)

omfg i named the fucking tracks that's good enough

Let's just assume you are not lying, because obviously I can't prove you are and vice versa. Why so you feel the need to post about your "success" on Cred Forums of all places.

finally someone intelligent

>replies to wrong comment
>argument = invalid
You win OP time to kill myself

what success? we talk about naming patterns

idk im bored on a thursday night. and i wasnt bragging or anything i just told people to ask me stuff then other people got jealous n shit.

Satan's truth

The fact that you say jealous makes no sense. You post on a site known for people constantly lying out their ass of course people are going to be skeptical, and assume you are lying.

That's not actually true tho. Fixed point vs floating point makes a difference. Also the mix bus handling makes a difference. Also the dither. Just because most people can't hear it doesn't mean it isn't there. I guarantee you would hear a difference between protools and logic and Vegas.

OP is a glorious faggot.

OH WOW YOU'RE SO COOL XD Who's buying them, kidz bop? Sit your autist ass down. Show us your music right now faggot and I bet money it won't actually be you, nigger shit.

why dont you add more layers? wtf is wrong with you?

read the 200 times i said its a simple rap beat i made in 15 minutes

those are all optional and every DAW can enable/disable these export parameters

"Music" + "rappers"

LOLFAGGOT

SO? add the layers so it doest not sound like all 14 year old youtube producers, also how much do you get paid for a good beat?

Stop saying it's a simple rap beat its not an excuse for being fucking lazy.

post a screen cap of a vox post processing
also fl pleb

SO im not selling it or anything. i literally made it in 15 minutes when i was waiting. so why would i give a fuck about adding layers

well it is tho

OP you work with famous people just like my uncle works for Nintendo.

You heard anything off "To Pimp a Butterfly" by Kendrick Lamar. If you haven't listen to it and come back and tell me that it's just a "simple rap beat"

the fuck are you talking about. im saying the picture i posted is a simple rap beat i made. im not saying all rap beats are simple

Do you have any experience in using FL studio for other genres of music?

I am wanting to do some recording with various instruments, and I am mostly familiar with FL, and don't want to learn another DAW.

can FL be used effectively for live recorded music?

image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/recording_audio.htm

Why post a simple picture to prove your point? If you are who you say you are you could just pull up a complete project and screencap that instead of making yourself out to be lazy.

nah not really go to that link the other guy posted i guess

my dad is a music producer, but rather in Pop/Rock direction. And all he says, is he doesnt recommend getting a music producer! PPl are getting loweer standards, and musicians do it oftem by themselves with certain programms etc

i wasnt trying to prove anything. i just asked for people to ask me stuff ffs lmao

Fruity Loops? You are cancer. Abelton is god!

I don't get you OP we seem like complete opposite this argument is obviously going nowhere time to go kill myself because OP hurt my feelings

sure, use whatever you want

ok bye

>Abelton

Fruity loops is good for beginner. Pack downloads add quality but not that unique. I have used fruity loops for years and it's not that difficult. Abelton allows more vocals to be incorporated especially if you have the launchpad.

oh so op doesnt even sell his music. most likely because nobody wants to fucking buy it
try harder op

Agreed!

Hey OP

Who was your favorite person to work with

>clicks and clacks
This nigga lol
anyway tho

soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship

I want to produce music. I can start learning in about a year after I get out of the army. Where do I start?

fucking retard, i said im not selling the beat i made in 15 minutes ahahah

what my shit looks like before i clean it up

What kind of mastering chain do you have?

Looks like you used a pre-fabricated stock scale module.

ummm download FL studio and watch youtube videos and tutorials to get the basics then you will start kinda learning it by yourself

Nailed it

>then
I actually have done this so far. I watch videos and understand what they are doing but it's such a weird stress on my brain, like learning a new language.

Tis a language of its own but if you can copy pasta you good

elvis

Oh ya that guys good my dad listens to him a lot when he drinks

nah rappers buy them

>ITT: copy-pasting 4-bar loops and thinking you know about music

Pic related - one of my scores. Do yourselves a favor and actually go learn something about music so you don't contribute to the heaping pile of recycled horseshit that passes for music these days.

oh thats cool bro, works of art that no one cares about. i make shit that people listen to. have fun playing warcraft virgin

well that heaping pile of recycled horseshit makes me money so sry bro ima keep going

bb

that's cool. good for you buddy

But what if you could do better

yay

What do you think of Mike Dean?

pretty dope

how do u make beats exactly? whats the structure?

>rap
>music

this was a good thread
shame OP couldn't even half ass trying not to be full of shit

well what i do i sort out my kick and claps first then i build the melody and add the bassline then do all the other stuff like adding that hats at the right moments, mixing, adding different effects, mastering, blah blah blah all the boring stuff

i would have to write like 2000 paragraphs to explain everything and im too lazy so i just gave a half assed explanation lol sry dude

>FL Studio
>Music Producer

you know most rap is made from FL you dummy

>Rappers
>Music
>Music producer

Chose one.

Yes, Satan...but rap isn't music.

ok retard

who is your fav rapper

A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R A B L E T O N I S G O D T I E R

kanye

fuckkkkk yeah man u answered correct

:)

murican nigger just got triggered.

show us one of your beats faget

i did

boom pap boom pap

Listen man, you can try to be an attention whore all you want, but don't blame us when we ask to hear a track you've made/worked on. If you wanna make claims, back them up.

who r u give a hint

I agree learning how to play an instrument is not the same as plugging in a mixer and just making sounds on your computer

transforming?

go away grandpa

You realize that's the program of choice for like 90% of techno and house producers right?

>with download link

why bother telling this to retarded fl users?
they are too busy torrenting Nexus, shitty samples and presets

and making chart topping songs

because their listeners are retarded
take martin gayrix as example and you will understand
now go back to pirating vengeance samples

Obviously you don't do much producing to know that they have the EXACT same capabilities, they are just different layouts, and some of the features are labelled differently. You think the program used affects the sound quality of the plug-ins and samples used? FUCK you're retarded. Applefags will say anything to justify the fact they wasted their money.
1/10 for making me reply, faggot.

When your song structure looks like that you're probably not that skilled

fl studio has the worst cpu usage
there are lots of rumors of it having shitty sound quality
ofc you don't know any of these because you are to narrow minded to try anything else then your beloved fl
everyone knows only 5th grade kids use fl studio , as well as nexus, vengeance samples, massive and serum presets, and guess what? THE BEST DEFAULT PLUGIN IN FL soundgoodizer, oh yeah and i forgot the sausage fattener
i hate apple, i use windows
see? only a fl user would think that someone who uses ableton has apple products.
now go ahead with the nexus presets

I've used both, I started on ableton and I wondered why it seemed to make the simplest parts more "difficult" to just visualise. FL got rid of all that and there is perfect clarity.
Regarding sound quality, where do you get your rumours from? Fellow butt buddies at the local coffee shop? Because so fucking many of the highest selling beats and songs have been produced using FL.
Ableton is the "default" for applefags, 70% of people who have actually tried both programs prefer FL, and that's from the various people I know actually studying production.
Lol no one uses nexus though, do be serious.

If you weren't using a shitty mac, the CPU usage doesn't even come into it.

what genres are you producing ?

Are you implying that genres like techno and house count as music? kek

Techno

I've been through phases of liking every single genre out there, except for techno where I've been addicted for years. It's a very acquired taste, one for intelligent minds, when you break down other genres, you realise they're even more "the same" than techno songs.

What do you like that you think is so amazing? I can't wait to hear this...

yeah, I kinda get that it is an acquired taste but i feel that techno is only made to be enjoyed on a shallow level; there is no underlying philosophical/artistic idea

Yeah, I know that sounds really snooty, sorry

That's where you're wrong unfortunately my friend, it's complete freedom to express whatever sounds are going through your head, inspirations come from video games, books, scenery, life events etc.
There are no rules involved except it shouldn't sound like the other genres out there. I don't need to hear mindless "lyrics" which stopped having any real meaning about 20 years ago and are just there to fill the gaps of an otherwise boring song.

>are just there to fill the gaps of an otherwise boring song
Yeah, I kinda agree with this.
Idk I'll try to give techno a chance, in all honesty I always looked down on it without any reason. Cheers

A couple of my current favourites...
youtube.com/watch?v=WZD6AMLvJyU
youtube.com/watch?v=gnoD61N0eS0

fl studio is way better

got a recording bro?

What is your most go to plugin? And instrament?
Mine is L3 multi and harmless idk I just the Distortion it gives

I recorded this guitar solo the other day.
www.
dropbox.
com
/s/6nhb9b8a0yfn5a0/yep.mp3?dl=0

This is my newest "piece".
www.
dropbox.
com
/s/dwst1uq5cnoa0n6/Very%2004.mp3?dl=0

I can't stand programming music.
Makes me feel fake as fuck.

Like the *

Why is rap shit ?

Nigger 1, Nigger 2, nigger 4, whitefag 1.

soundcloud.com/sundreamgun/sets/ttmonjulc378

All you hear was written, played, recorded, produced, etc., by me.

Well there are a ton of factors at play if you're running intel Celeron with a 5200rpm HDD with 2Gb of ram then yeah it's gonna suck. Even on the image line site states that the more Cores and higher clock speed your CPU has the better the performance, just saying..