45acp

9mm all the way. The .40 is the bastard child between 9mm and .45

.40 Big Boy

This dude gets it

Both. This is Merica.

split the difference: 49mm.

less expensive ammo with more variety and about the same results

.380 for CCW
.45ACP for camping (brown bear and cougar country)

and 357 sig is the inbred mutant offspring of a drunken incestuous love affair of 9 and 40

9mm. Cheaper and bigger mag size.

.50 AE

.40, more research has been done on this calibur than any other.

Only a dumb ass tries to shoot a brown bear. That shit will just piss it off. Bring bear mace.

I agree

How do you like that Kimber? I had horrible failure-to-extract issues with mine, sent it back to them twice, never got it fixed despite their "repairs" and all sorts of different brass. Ended up trading it in.

9 or 45. They made 40s to troll stupid people.

Fpbp

>more variety
i'll disagree with that. 40 has a much larger range of available bullet weights and ability to have more powder, but both have lots of variety.

40 cal. And if you get a glock 22 40cal you can buy a glock 9mm barrel and Magazine and swap it out and shoot both rounds

you shootin a mauser there, son?

I use an avoidance policy
but if I find myself in a situation that I can't avoid
that bear is getting 225 grams of lead and copper pushed into it before it kills me

Less than three

you can do that with other guns as well such as the springfield XD

9mm. Reliable, gets the job done, always reasonably priced and plenty of ammo available.

those guns look exactly the same what's the difference?

less than three?

.40 all day

one on left is 40, right is 9mm

What, you only got one hand?

Ever heard of the .460 rowland conversion? Converts your .45 into a gun that shoots rounds that look like .45 acp but are 150% stronger than .45 +p+, or the equivalent of .44 magnum.

I think they have some 315 grain cast lead bullets moving at 1400 fps, stuff like that

They are the same model, with a different barrel

>same
>different
pick one

no
but I'm not much into modding the gun itself
I'm more of a hand load guy when it comes to getting the most punch into each round

45 long colt

and if you'd like 45-70

If you ever do have to use your .45acp against a brown bear. You will be mauled to death unless you get extremely lucky. .45 is a 'big' bullet but it is moving slow as fuck. For brown bear you need .44mag as the minimum, maybe hot 10mm with hardcasts, .454casull, .460 or .500sw preferably. Better yet, a shotgun with slugs or a fucking rifle. .45acp is nowhere close to being an adequate bear stopper

don't piss at with a 9 or 40
kill it with a 45

.40 has almost identical ballistics as .45

You don't get it. Those bullets will either
A. Bounce off the bears thick skull
Or
B. Be stopped by its thick layers of fat before it reaches vital internal organs.

Probably gives you nerve damage anyway

use 45-70 for bear or 12gag 1onz slug 3" magnum

what do you think
>before it kills me
means?

and I meant black bear
I keep getting the two confused

Black bear is more scared of you then you are of it. Only time a black bear will try to fuck with you is if she has cubs or it's starving.

.40 sucks, 9mm is cheap, more capacity, and no recoil. if you want anything bigger than 9mm just use a .45

Awww, the poor black bear would run from a warning shot.

yeah
but there have been quite a few instances of them taking a camper burrito out of a tent
not sure
but I think all cases are due to idiots leaving food out

Even less capacity. No gains in power
>he doesn't know about 9mm +p hollowpoints

.45 is useless unless you just like shooting it. .40 is marketed as being 'the best of both worlds' when in facts it's the worst of both worlds, except for having slightly better barrier penetration, which is why the police use it.

With modern defensive ammo choices, there is literally no point in picking .40 or .45 because hollowpoints and +p or +p+ loads in 9mm give you equal or better performance with a much greater ammo capacity

If you're legit, and the number of revolver fetishists that load slow burn over pressure .357 without thinking of a muzzle break or a ported barrel is astounding, you're limiting yourself pretty bad with autoloaders since over pressure loads and stock springs tend to wear the gun and make the recoil snappy.

1-2 rounds is MUCH greater? lol k

9mm +p+ = .45
.45 super = ???

agreed, I enjoy shooting .45 for fun but 9mm is the best defensive round by far, i dont understand the appeal of .40

>225 grams
Holy fucking shit that's a hell of a round!
It's Grains, you fucking moron.

my friend thought taught me how to reload owns a .357 revolver
his loads scare me
1 in ~8 rounds destroys the casing
and I've got some serious tinnitus from the first time I fired his "fuck everything" rounds

Don't leave food out in bear country. String it up in a tree if you can and if that isn't possible make sure all food packs are away from the tents. This is backpacking 101. Still doesn't happen that often. Spent a whole month in the wilderness of Colorado and never saw bear or even a bear print.

I argue 9mm because I only use my gun as a target/range toy. My friend argues 40 cuz he likes big bullets. My other friends dad argues 10mm for stopping power.

Just get a 9, it's cheaper and you can get more ammo for more fun

test

no
it is 15 rounds of 15 gram slugs

Came here to say this. /thread

yeah
rangers in the Wasatch are trying hard to increase the bear population and educate people on how to not attract them
but people are stupid

.45 is the only way.

Shot placement.

I like my .40 SIG.

If you're asking because you're trying to decide between the two Glocks in the picture I would definitely go with the 9mm 26. I've shot both and the 9mm is much more controllable in such a small gun. you can always get +p sounds if you feel you need more firepower but the .40 felt very snappy compared to the 9

Most .45 doublestacks = 12/13 rounds
Most 9mm doublestacks = 17/18 rounds

>no real advantage in balistics
>.45 more expensive to shoot
>hurr durr grandpa said get .45 cause they don't make .46
>muh stoppanpowah

>no
9mm +p+ =/= .45
9mm +p+ > .45

9mm because my glock 17 hold 17 rounds. spray and prey is real.

100yr+ old timey design. No improvement. Still only holds 8rds of slow moving lead. Unreliable as hell.
But it looks kewl!

I sure do like my guns to be pretty

All of you .45fags need to skip your faggy asses over to /k/ and ask them about .45acp and how much it sucks

.45 ACP:
Barnes XPB 185 gr JHP (copper bullet)
Hornady Critical Duty 220 gr +P JHP
Federal HST 230 gr JHP (P45HST2)
Federal HST 230 gr +P JHP (P45HST1)
Federal Tactical 230 gr JHP (LE45T1)
Speer Gold Dot 230 gr JHP
Winchester Ranger-T 230 gr JHP (RA45T)
Winchester Ranger-T 230 gr +P JHP (RA45TP)

>over to /k/ and ask them
>/k/
bunch of fags that think there is one gun for all applications and shooting because it is fun is not a valid reason to shoot

9mm +p+ = 500 foot lbs
.45 fmj = 500 foot lbs
.45 super = 700 foot lbs

>9mm
>all of the same bullet designs
>just different grainage
>flying faster
>and more of them

Get a Kimber Solo

youtube.com/watch?v=Pe1xMAZQW4s

.45 super =/= .45acp

Also, good luck finding your special snowflake borderline wildcat load anywhere

Lol

It's dimensionally the same, just has higher pressure. Any compensated .45 can shoot itm I was trying to prove a point. Can your 9mm shoot stronger rounds than 9mm +p+?

My 9mm is a .357 magnum

How many stock .45 carry guns come with compensated barrels?

Is it really worth arguing in the first place? Probably not. If you're a fan of and comfortable with the .45ACP weapons, carry one. If you prefer and are comfortable with the 9mm, carry that. If you like the .40 because it makes you feel like you've solved a difficult conundrum, then carry it.

Me? I still make a choice every day based on how I'm dressing and where I'm going. Variety is good. Don't pick just one. Have one of each available and make your choice as each set of circumstances looms.

I rather like my .40

Doesn't matter just make sure you have hollow point

We're arguing because the thread was about 9mm vs .40, then the .45 fags showed up with their retarded '.45 is bigger so it must be better!' logic and started shitting up the place

9mm with.+p
Lighter, easier to run, shoot one handed, and ballistics have caught up.

I disagree with the variety part and changing weapons to suit your clothing.

Stick to one weapon you train with regularly.
Sure you may think you are proficient with multiple weapons, and maybe you are, but it still increases the chance of you making a mistake in a critical situation.

Agreed. The best weapon is the one you're comfortable with. Shoot everything you can, and decide what you like best.

Can't go wrong with this, especially in a concealed or EDC gun

pretty much. 1 or 2 choices would be ok, like 1 compact and 1 full size, but beyond that you are putting yourself at a disadvantage

you dont even need +p, often it gives no real advantage at all

If you're home invaded by 3 niggers — if you don't already own a shotgun — would you rather have to reload, or chase those monkeys out?

If you want to reload, then go with anything above 9mm.

>If you're home invaded
stay in school nigga

Nothing wrong with that
"if YOU ARE home invaded"

If somebody wants to own a gun for self defense, it's safe to assume that they're paranoid or live in a shitty neighbourhood, if not both.

If he stays in school he might even learn punctuation!

this is Cred Forums not the SAT

Agreed

This, it's between the size of a .45 and a .44 and will definitely put whatever you're firing at down if you hit it.

>i dont know the difference between nouns and verbs durrrrrrr

Caliber is mostly irrelevant. Use whatever you're comfortable with.
If that's a 22 then user a 22 it will kill nearly as well as any of the others.

Remember to vote everyday.
worldwide.vote/hillary-vs-trump/#/

9mm

.22 long rifle

.454 Casull only way to go. If it is good enough for Alucard then it is good enough for me.

0.22 magnum

Everyone here is a pussy if you don't edc .50AE

dual wield pmr 30s fuck yeah!!

Listen to this guy if you want to kill the guy 4 hours after he's killed you.

Kill yourself, preferably with 45acp

The slide on that gun is probably the ugliest fucking thing I've ever seen in my life.

Ear protection faggot

I think he's genuinely retarded and thinks that I was talking in ebonics.
As in:
"If your home invaded, you best cap them niggas."

40s are for niggers not men

Practical evidence shows how wrong you are.
Case in point, the recent shooting in Washington.
Did the guy use a 45 because that's the only thing that will kill a person?

No, he used a 22 and it killed people just fine.

Fuck off caliber fag.

Sounds like you've never seen a hipoint.

No, .38's are, since all they can afford are pawn shop revolvers.

>implying a rimfire round is anywhere close to being as reliable as a centerfire
.22lr is just fine out of a rifle length barrel. Out of a pistol length barrel it is neutered as fuck. That being said a .22 is still better than throwing rocks at some one

What does his cum scaring you have to do with firing a .357?

Yeah. A .22 out of a fucking rifle length barrel

Oh that's right, everyone who was shot survived. Because of the unreliability.

>3 drugged out niggers enter you home
> by the time it takes you to let off 3 rounds at nigger 1, nigger 2 and and nigger 3 already have their weapons drawn, nigger 1 too if he wasn't instantly killed

>3 drugged out nigger enter your home
>load shotgun with bird shot
>BOOM chiki BOOM chiki..
>by the first or second boom all nigger should be incapacitated at the very least if not all dead

>bird shot
wut. also if you have to load your shotgun you are already dead

10mm, indeed.

9mm is for children. .40 is okay but under powered for the bullet size. 10mm, basically a .40 bullet with more powder behind it.

I meant prior to the niggers entering the home, and bird shot is rather effective at close range when it comes to multiple threats. but buckshot for drugged out niggers, you're right.

.380 acp Bersa Firestorm

>grow a pair
.45-70

You fishing for confirmation?

You bought a shit gun that shoots shit ammo.

The irony of calling me a caliber fag when you think that a .22 pistol would be as powerful as the rifle the shooter used. Also, do you really think that he chose the 10-22 out of some massive armory he has? He used that rifle because it's what he had. Nobody would opt for a .22 for a shooting spree, unless they're shooting up a mice farm.

Btw, I'd choose 9mm over anything else, so I'm definitely not a "caliber fag".

Case in point. :~}

you gun a shit

CZp09 9mm m8

Your opinion is shit. The proof is in your post.

I was saying that he SHOULD have a shotgun for home defense. But my point was that if he doesn't, and only has a pistol, he'd want to have as many rounds in his mag as he could.

STFU about bullet velocity, its a sexy stat but IRL it doesnt mean that much. You keep talking about it get a .357 and shoot through your target. faggot

I've never said it was as powerful.
In fact I'm pointing out that power is irrelevant.
A low power cartridge can and will kill.
So arguing over 9 or 40 is ridiculous.

Ahhh yes. Screw high stopping power coupled with training and muscle memory. Let's just roll the dice with as many shots as possible and play the fucking odds.

Anybody else think it's a bit weird we still use bullets? I mean its 2016 when are bullets and gunpowder going to be obsolete?

We're essentially using the same technology that pirates used in the 1700's. Gun powder shooting a lead ball.

We have the interal combustion engine that has been around for 100 years, and will soon be obsolete. Electric cars will replace them.

But we still use ancient gunpowder and shooting lead from a barrel. Essentially a mini cannon. Oh sure the modern guns look fancy, but it is ancient technolgy.

I refuse to by guns, only criminals buy them. Like pirates do. Pirates use guns to steal stuff.

you will never need to run and shoot one handed ethan hunt. if you ever find yourself doing that, EVER, say a prayer to whatever diety you worship because your about to die.

"According to the Ellifritz study, nearly one-third of people were not stopped by .22 LR no matter how many times they were shot."

But wait, I forgot. You're an expert, a special forces operative that's been trained to stay calm when combating multiple people!
Your accuracy is so good, you could hit a nickel at 40 yards! Yes, the shot placement argument is the best!!!!

Everybody's an expert!!!!

meh/8 b8

this guy is a faggot

gun capacity and stopping power don't mean shit without proper shot placement and proper gripping/trigger pulling techniques

anons, go to a gun range and train yourselves.

>.45 masterrace

There are rail gun semi auto rifles but they aren't lethal yet. Soon they will be stronger I'm sure

>Training and muscle memory

Yeah, because somebody that's never been in a firefight before will be super calm in the middle of the night while having guns pointed at you.

You're a fucking idiot.

and always aim for center of mass (the diaphragm I think its called)

I was referring to you preference for 9mm.

I actually agreed with the .22 shit you said.

But you ended on that 9mm nonesense.

And yes, I am an expert.

Wouldn't trust a 9mm with my life. For EDC, 40 or 45. If you are made of money, maybe 10 mm

thank you. also this is offically the most austistic thread in the history of 4 chan

Fuddy fahve stoppin' powah confirmed
>Tbh 9mm is the most logical choice, but .45 is fun to shoot

>implying training and muscle memory wont make for a better shot, calm or not.

Because THAT'S a good reason to forgo training with your weapon.

The bigger one.

idk bout most logical, they are all pretty good.

rockin 3.5 inch 1911.
I carried the .45 for work too.

Tests have shown pretty decisively that .40 S&W and .45 ACP are not objectively more deadly than 9mm. There is no perceptible difference in stopping power between the major service calibers

you clearly weren't around for the chris-chan days

talk about autism

.454 casull is fucking monstrous. My uncle shot a coyote with a hollow point and the exit hole was the size of first. We found bits of the poor little shit 10 yards away.

I bet it died, though.

>muh 9mm
>muh .40 s&w
>muh .45 acp
>not using .357 sig to literally blow niggers up

No Tokarev fans here? 7.62x25 is the way to go.

I impulse bought a Type 54 (Chinese tok) because of John Woo movies. 7.62x25TT is super fun to shoot

fuck off ivan, don't you have a sheep you have to fuck?

Have you fired one? cheap to load, fun as hell to shoot and accurate at ranges that 9 or 40 can't touch