How do you go on living after realizing you'll most likely die in obscurity and none of your accomplishments mean...

How do you go on living after realizing you'll most likely die in obscurity and none of your accomplishments mean anything? I can't go a day without thinking this. It taints any fun or happiness I try and experience.
Pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bQsZxDQgzU
existentialcomics.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well aware of my insignificance, I mostly just try to have a good time.

>big tits
>short hair

did you just discover existentialism?
go read sartre or camus for starters,
your view isn't new, most folks who consider themselves "thinkers" go through that phase... like the thanatophobia phase, it passes
youtube.com/watch?v=3bQsZxDQgzU

It feels so heavy being aware of my meaningless life. I can't enjoy anything. It hurts man. I know I sound like a fag but This is a decent place to vent

Because I don't give a fuck. I don't need my life's accomplishments to mean jack to anybody but myself; enjoying the fun and happiness in the moment and in precious memories is enough for me

Thanks for the suggestions, I will. I don't consider myself a complex thinker is what is odd.

Even if you die the most famous and most celebrated for all time, you'll be forgotten. I just try to enjoy life.

Once it's over and you die it doesn't mean anything. Despite my best efforts this thought eats at me and I can't seem to shake it off.

That's called depression, most of us are more than capable of not letting the inevitable get us down.

This.

The purpose of life is not to be remembered, honored, discussed, immortalized...

Just enjoy your own life and don't care about what most others think. The only things that matter in life are your relationships (family, friends..) and your personal experiences that you got to enjoy. So make those experiences happen.

Also, don't fool yourself into thinking that because this doesn't bother other people they don't get it. Being depressed isn't "deep" its being crippled by things you can't change.

Whether you read or don't won't matter anyway, in a month, or at worst, a year, you'll get over it and move on. Existential crises are common and like headaches, go away on their own. Only read the books if you have the interest long enough to read them. If you're put off by philosophy books, just get the annotated versions, not as good as forming your own ideas, but sometimes training wheels can be useful in getting you riding on two wheels later on
existentialcomics.com/

The only options you have is:
1. Be an hero.
2. Be delusional and in denial.
3. Accept it and move the fuck on.

Saucy?

Not OP here. Laughed at the comics, thanks for the new bookmark.

I don't think I'm unique or deep. In fact, I know I'm not.

I continue living and accept it miserably. I'm to big of a pussy to an hero

Even if I accomplished much and went down in the history books it would fade away eventually. Plus when I'm dead it won't matter either way.

Just try to live as fulfilling a life as you can man, no reason to do anything other than that.

A lot of accomplishments are meaningless to most people.

Should make having fun easier. No need to stress about making something of yourself. Just be a good guy. Be cool to everyone. Have fun with everything because it's all an exercise in futility, might as well make the best of it. Truly tho, if you just be cool and be friends with everyone, you will certainly make an impact on people and they'll remember

Why would you ever eat an amazing, chef-prepared meal, when you could just drink some bland, nutrition-complete shake?

Life is a temporary experience, just like enjoying food, or a jam band session, or travel. The point isn't to be remembered. It's to create something good for yourself and others while you're here.

If you feel that way, get out there and fucking DO SOMETHING. Change the world, user!

I wanted to give you a Linkin Park reference, but in the end it doesn't even matter.

That's implying we're looking at society as a whole. When looking at life with the ideal that "the whole is greater than the sum of its part" towards society, of course you wouldn't have a fun time, buck fuck society. Focus on yourself and those around you and don't see the world as the world, but see your narrowed life as the world. It's what I do, and I'm doing great.

>How do you go on living after realizing you'll most likely die in obscurity and none of your accomplishments mean anything?

Just to spite you.

Why do you care so much if it means nothing?

Just because everything is pointless, meaningless and temporary doesn't mean you can't make something of the right now. Sure, we mistly die in obscurity but we live in this moment. Just do shit. Do things so in those final moments, life meant something to you.

Eating a slice of cake makes the cake go away. Does that mean you shouldnt eat the cake, since the cake is gone afterwards? Or is it enjoyable enough to eat the cake that you don't mind that the cake is gone after? Life is the same way. Enjoy the cake while it lasts.

Makes no sense right?

what if perhaps your understanding of time is wrong? what if everything you do starts a new timeline and thus you want to have as many different experiences so that you can have many many different timelines?

OP, I think the important question we all need to answer is, do you have any more pics of this woman with her clothes off?

Right. So why let it rujn your life?

I would wife the fuck out of this chick, goddamn

Think of your life on earth as a mere stop on a long-ass journey, all that matters is the experience, bitter or sweet, it doesn't matter.