Anyone smartass physicsbastards know this shit?

Anyone smartass physicsbastards know this shit?
How fast would a person(m1) need to climb to get up before boulder(m2) falls down and crush him?
Assuming no friction between boulder and ground.

pic related; Top grade drawing made on a mousepad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_XJcZ-KoL9o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this system is balanced I don't know what the fuck are you talking about

Why don't you pay attention at school, you fucking underaged faggot, instead of looking at the butts of the footbal team?

If there is no friction then the 80kg boulder will fall at free fall speed.

aint balanced.
No friction means the dude pulls down the boulder no matter how light he is

the dude weighs 80 kg and tries to climb. The boulder weighs 200 kg and is sliding towards the edge

bump

If there is no friction, then not even the speed of light will save him.

but does it not work a bit since m2>m1?

Imagine if m2 was near infinite, then he would surely be able to climb up before boulder falls off cliff.

I'm looking for if there is a middle ground(this case) where he can climb up in time

if there's no friction he cant do it, doesnt matter how much it weighs. In a vacuum there's no friction so check this out: youtube.com/watch?v=_XJcZ-KoL9o

>In a vacuum there's no friction

the fuck m8?

If you DON'T take inertia into account 80kg boulder would do 800 Newtons of downward force which gives it a acceleration of about 3 M/s ( F = m x a , 800 = acceleration x 280 (total mass)) so 20 meters would be taken in about 4 seconds so about 1.5 M/s speed would be sufficient for the person to climb. But these are not precise because the real acceleration comes as about 2.85714... . Also isn't this 9th grade physics

Also check em

no friction between the objec and the air -since there is no air in a vacuum. there would be friction between surfaces but that was just to demonstrate that, if there's no frictiong component, it wouldnt matter

wait...so the 80kg thing is a person?
fuck, you can't draw for shit

assuming there's no friction for the 200kg boulder,
he'll never be able to climb up GG

But wait
If the person is climbing the acceleration of him will be nullified which makes the top boulder slide at 4 m/s (800 = a x 200) so 20 meters would be taken in 20 = 1/2x4xt2 /t = time) therefore time is square root of 10 lets say its 3 seconds so the climber would have to climb at about 1.8 m/s.
Still,I didn't calculate it with inertia so...
also this

Like I said:

Drawn with a mousepad.
The guy looked like he suffered from severe tumors, so I erased him and replaced with a block

i dont know the answer to this, but what i can say is that despite there being no friction, theres still the inertia of the 200kg weight, ie its resistance toi change of direction due to its mass. you cucks>
>706015172

All you need to know is f = m *a.
The 200 kg object receives a force of 800 n so it's acceleration is 4km/s. Knowing that you can calculate how long it'll take for it to fall (t) and then you can calculate the speed the person needs as v = 5/t.

Go back to school, you illiterate fucks.

X=1/2at^2 + vt + xo
xo=-20m
v=0m/s
a=-4m/(s^2)
The function's roots are at 3.1622 s and -3.1622 s

So the guy needs to scale 5 meters in 3.1622 s
v= 1.58 m/s

a=4m/(s^2)*

Will the boulder fly off the edge? If so, the person could climb up the rope at any rate and still get hit.

yea, but you specified NO friction to the 200 kg box, with no friction, that box there is useless

But aren't both the blocks accelerating at the same rate? so how can one accelerate at 9.8m/s/s and the other at 4m/s/s?
Instead, we should get the force that the 80kg block applies to the 200kg block and divide by the mass of the system.
>N = 80*g (where g is acceleration due to gravity)
>N/mT = aNet (mtT is total mass, aNet is net acceleration)
so it works out to be: 784/280 = 2.8
I used 9.8 as acceleration due to gravity instead of 10 btw.

The schools don't ask retarded questions like this, the whole point of a similar thing to this would be to educate about friction and it's effects.
But this question is the question that the autistic kid in the back of the class asks when the rest are asking legitimate questions about friction and related.

These are the correct answers. Anybody saying otherwise is a retarded cuckasaur.

begynna følla me i timen din fag