Hey Cred Forums found this die in parking lot, what kind is it and what is it for?

Hey Cred Forums found this die in parking lot, what kind is it and what is it for?

it's a fucking magic the gathering spin down die. You use it to keep track of your health

/thread lmao

basically a regular d20 die but instead of having the number 20 it has one of the symbols from magic the gathering. You can use it as a health indicator or just like dies normally are used.

Specifically from the set Eldritch Moon which released at the end of July 2016

it is a decahedral die

Some people have never played these games, so keep that in mind.

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME

And Red, because the guy got a red promo card. Other colors are white, blue, black, green.
And it's a "spindown" dice. It goes from 20 to 19 to 18 to 17 and so on.

It's for summoning Satan

>/tg/

I never knew magicfags had to use dice. Neat.

>dies

Man sometimes it's just to easy ain't it op

Im fairly sure that after watching deathgasam that it is for shoving up nerds noses

>roll to see who goes first
>my opening hand basically requires me to start or I'll lose
>I crit roll 20
>he rolls 18

Burn wins on turn 5 yay.

they don't have to use them. It's just useful. Most players write the lifepoints on a piece of paper.

magic the gathering to keep track of life

You will always get satan trips with that die

Technically, we don't. It's just a lot easier then paper, counters, a slide-bar, or a calculator. The exception is the occasional card that tells you do roll a die. Even then, that's a six sided one. Also to determine who goes first it's usually dice that are rolled, but it doesn't need to be like that.

It's also different from a normal D20 because the numbers go in a line, i.e. 1 is next to 2 which is next to 3 so you can just turn it a bit when you lose life as opposed to normal D20, in which the numbers are arranged so that the sum of the top and bottom faces equal 21 no matter which way it lands. Hence a 'spindown.'

Just on the off chance anyone cares to know.

Taking a shit right now or id snap a pic of my dice. I've got one spin down from this foil sliver deck from back in the day. And a blue one someone gave me that spins down but dose the look like its from any set

>the sum of the top and bottom faces equal 21 no matter which way it lands
That's pretty neat