Why do americans wear shoes at home? That doesn't make any sense

Why do americans wear shoes at home? That doesn't make any sense.

I take mine off right when I enter the dorm, and put them on only as I'm at the door about to leave.

They actually wear the shoes inside, or just leave them inside?

Never wore shoes in the house, my mom would beat my ass. Never wanted the carpets to get dirty. Also in the winter, everything would get fucked up from the snow. So no, not all americans wear shoes in the house.

Not many americans do lmao

Gotta be ready for when the tornado blows 'em over.

Because our floors are disgusting you wouldnt walk on them barefoot either.

Next question faggot.

Our streets and sidewalks are not full of shit, so our shoes are usually clean when we come home. We take them off for comfort not cleanliness.

Clean your fucking floors you faggot

I literally never see people just casually wearing shoes in their own homes. If you're visiting a friend and don't plan on staying long/not that close of a friend then you'd leave them on.

i have visited u.s quite some times, and what i have seen is that i'd say that 90 percent of times americans use shoes when they are inside of house. stupid americans.

American houses tend to be filthy.

Oh sweet scientific research bro. Lemme know how your next dissertation goes.

Lmao fuckin Cred Forums scientists

and they are religious nuts too, i forgot to add.

This b8 is fragile

I hate wearing shoes in the house. If I'm a guest in someone's house who isn't my close friend and they don't specify, I usually keep them on, but that's about it.

Maybe the floors are disgusting because you wEAR YOUR GODDAMN SHOES ON INSIDE

you disrespect unknown people.

no it's the other reason.

Are they also fat redneck women who ride mobility scooters around their living rooms while eating cheeseburgers and singing the Star Spangled Banner to their pet bald eagle while their redneck husbands drive the monster truck down to Wal Mart to pick up their diabetes medication? Christ Eurofags are arrogant; everyone is a stereotype with you people.

99 of 100 times, yes. We europeans are more civilized. we basically invented everything from gravity to planets.

Not from the US but my ceramic floor is cold so i have to wear them

If I'm not staying long (which I'm usually not if I don't know the person) and they don't ask me to take them off I usually assume it's rude to, since taking off your shoes usually implies you're getting comfy and making yourself at home. I'm kind of an autist and don't have the best social skills, so maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years, I don't know. Nobody's ever said anything to me about it. Never even really thought about it before this thread, actually.

you are aware that there are millions of people here, yes? and that it is profoundly unlikely that all of us engage in any one behavior regularly? i prohibit the wearing of shoes in my house out of laziness- this way i dont have to vacuum as often

im serial-killer and psychopath so i don't have that problem.

Discovered
Not invented..