So I'm taking a C++ course now, just starting object oriented stuff. This is my first programming course; EE major...

So I'm taking a C++ course now, just starting object oriented stuff. This is my first programming course; EE major. Anybody know some GUI for idiots software? I wanna start making some apps that aren't bound to console. Running windows

I tried Qt but I guess it's not free anymore, and paid software is only a last resort. Other stuff I've found it over my head. Need something simple

Other urls found in this thread:

qt.io/download/
qt.io/download-open-source/
golang.org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Qt

Qt is free and fantastic, use it.

i think visual studio does C++

Qt Creator

You did not read the question at all.

I uninstalled it yesterday

ok which version of Qt should I download?

qt.io/download/

In general c++ applications don't typically have guise. That isn't to say programs never do but typically if you are going to make a front-end of an application you wouldnt want to do it in c++ unless you need it to be very performance (i.e. games in DirectX or opengl). QT is free last time I checked. You may have been looking in the wrong place. I would personally recommend using QT. Ifor you're truly interested in how GUIs ON Windows function then learn WinAPI.

unironically using c++

There's that place called Source forge, and.... Wait GitHub. Jesus are you a lazy fuck asking people to do your work for you. Fucking millennial panty wastes.

Ikr c++ is a shit language

Me

The reason I even suggested WinAPI is that every gui you will ever see on windows boils down to WINAPI calls. So if you learn WinAPI then you will find other GUI libraries trivial to learn.

Have you tried not being a total fagget

Fuck you you cock sucking whale

WinAPI is depreciated, use .NET.

GL Coding Metro Apps with WinAPI.
>protip: you can't

Yeah ok buddy

To say collaboration is bad is the worst thing you could say in an engineering field. Asking for an opinion is an useful and important tool.

Ok, which Qt to download? I downloaded the "at home" and menu items that were in online tutorials weren't there, so I figured I had to pay for a commercial version or something.

qt.io/download/

if you get good at C you can literally program everything. It becomes very easy to understand languages/applications that are built on top of C. Then you can do anything

When I was in college, there were legends handed around about a dude who wrote a 3D FPS engine entirely in C.

WinAPI is still supported. Where did you hear that it wasnt?

WPF is the current windows toolkit, but it's more for C#

LOL. That's not unreasonable if he used directX or opengl... I wrote Ms. Pacman and a map editor for it as a sophomore through only WINAPI calls in C++. In hindsight I'm a dumbass for not using a graphics library but it was a good learning project.

Yea WPF is not available through C++. Otherwise I would have most definitely recommended it :P

qt.io/download-open-source/

Get VisualStudio, and to properly use WPF you must know XML, so if you dont I advice WinForms

QML is fucking god tier GUI language, but Qt is fucking littered with bugs and is super fucked to use from time to time.

Fucking kids these days

best language to make websites? I'm learning C++ right now in uni

You can use WPF with C++/CLI. It is a .NET API though so it requires the .NET framework.

That being said, the designer support is non-existent with C++. This means that, for practical purposes, WPF doesn't really work with C++.

Typically the user interface layer is written in C# then calls into C++ code, which is often exposed via P/Invoke or C++/CLI. It's very easy to interoperate between C++ code and C#

Get the wdl-ol framework to build gui apps...

html

Bait post

?

it is a shit language, go read the google, microsoft, or mozilla style guide to learn what 50% of the language you can't use because it's shit

html, Css, javascript, learn Nodejs, Angularjs, MongoDb and you are set

Lololol
Now I know you're trolling.

t. indian code monkey

>mongoDb
Jesus, thats horrifying

Mongo is a joke.

And this is way too advanced for a beginner. Just Learn HTML / CSS / JS / MYSQL and then you extend progressively.

what's yor recomendation?

I was born in the US and I'm of Jewish decent.

visual studio has c#, which is sort of c++, but then, sort of not. And not simple.

If you want to be on-point and top-paid, the next trendy language for web is Elixir with Phoenix as framework.

Check out the PEEP stack, it's ... impressive. I use it.

This was made by some idiot with a grasp on programing languages similar to an autestic edge lord who uses leet haxor to ddos people. Stop posting this shit around like it means anything.

what about jQuery?

gfy

I checked the chart, and it's basically right.

it's ok, but if you are using angular I don't think you need jquery

I wrote my own 3D engine in high school in C without using OpenGL or DirectX. It was made in slackware linux. I remember having great difficulty with optimizing for many objects on screen Also the math was pretty crazy.

Those were some really fun times. Made something that played like continuum, except textured. Also 166MHz with MMX was not all that good a gaming rig.

stop instantly learning C++ and start GO
golang.org
language of the future

jQuery is usually used with vanilla javascript but as soon as you use something like angular, ember, react there's a layer with them. jQuery is still useful tho