Anyone up for another late night space thread?

Anyone up for another late night space thread?
What do you think is out there, Cred Forums? How deep do you think this rabbit hole we call a universe goes?

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Pillars_of_creation_2014_HST_WFC3-UVIS_full-res_denoised.jpg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DrcsC05YgFw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJvZY_JFv4
howtoexitthematrix.com/2015/04/18/saturns-influence-on-the-moon-matrix/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L2kFy5iu55U
youtube.com/watch?v=KnsCuUA1pg0
youtube.com/watch?v=kwFvJog2dMw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYrhMfX53k
youtube.com/watch?v=DNlLnaJiGY8
youtube.com/user/canadianspaceagency
joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GoW8Tf7hTGA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7e8i4DgF4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DKL4X0PZz7M
urantia.org/urantia-book/read-urantia-book-online
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Listen
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHw8Dwhingc
thunderbolts.info/wp/2011/09/02/essential-guide-to-eu-chapter-1/
universetoday.com/13808/how-can-galaxies-recede-faster-than-the-speed-of-light/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ir9HC9vYg
voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/where/
holoscience.com/wp/black-holes-tear-logic-apart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Be sure to check the filenames for details about the pictures.

A few days ago, it was discovered that there is a high possibility that our Milky Way galaxy is not a perfect spiral galaxy, but instead has one very long arm that stretches further than the other arms.
It's very difficult to confirm, of course, because we're right in the middle of it.

The size of our universe is simply unfathomable. I sometimes get spooked when I look up at night, because of just how immeasurably massive the cosmos are.
It's a bit depressing, knowing that I'll never leave this planet and explore others.

I think you might have the wrong thread there, buddy.

How so?

Colder temperatures than the Boomerang Nebula have been created in laboratories, but the Boomerang Nebula is the coldest naturally occurring place in the universe.
Scientists have achieved temperatures that are infinitesimally small fractions of a degree above absolute zero, though reaching absolute zero itself is completely impossible.

Saturn is so fucking cool.
The walls of this storm rotate every 10 hours, perfectly in sync with Saturn's core's natural radio emissions.

An extremely high resolution version of this picture can be found here: upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Pillars_of_creation_2014_HST_WFC3-UVIS_full-res_denoised.jpg

All of my nope.

Anyone here?

Bump.

Kill yourself

Personally, I think you'd have to be a fucking idiot to think we were alone in the scope of the entire universe.

I have two sons, and they're always asking me metaphysical shit like 'how big is the universe daddy?' And I answer thusly:

"When you look up up at the night sky and see the stars, the only stars you can see are the ones close enough for us to see their light. The light from the other stars haven't got to us yet." The i put my thumb and forefinger about an inch apart

"This is the size of the universe we can see, the universe we can acually look at, take pictures of and make notes of. And it's pretty big".

Then I crouch and put my finger and thumb on the ground and say "But the universe we know about is a tiny, tiny part of the universe we don't. If the universe between my fingers is the universe we know, then the planet under my fingers is the size of the universe we haven't looked at yet."

But don't forget, we're the only life in that universe, and you have to go to church every sunday to thank the single entity that created it

I do believe that life exists outside our planet, however I think people who believe that aliens have visited us, and there are government conspiracies to hide the fact are loonies.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DrcsC05YgFw

A wild guess but i think space goes all the way to the end

agreed.

Look at how far the first signal sent from our planet, that is capable of reaching insterstellar space, has travelled since we sent it in the 70's - about double the distance of pluto.

NO-ONE KNOW'S WE'RE HERE

Given the vastness of space, it would be a 1 in a billion-trillion-quadrillion-quintillion-sixillion-septillion-octillion-nonillion-decillion chance that they would just bump into us by accident, which is fucking stupid

and lets not foget, the universe started at the same time, so any other planet with life on it is HIGHLY LIKELY to be as technologically advanced as us, i.e - they haven't reached any further outside their own solar system than we have,

Some people believe that space is recursive; if you keep moving in the same direction for a long enough time, you'll end up back where you started.

This image has always astonished me. The omnipotent creator we humans seek so dearly keeps us sheltered from the final frontiers' true wonders.

I said it was a wild guess

bro. listen. maybe were like really tiny. Like so tiny that were like a virus infecting a super advanced being. but wait. what if theres being inside us and each of us are our own universe. ya man.

They say if we ever do meet alien life, the odds of us being close to each other when it comes to technology is just about zero. It'll either be us finding sponges, or some species so further ahead of us that we can't comprehend them will find us.

are you stupid? by your theory if the universe and life all started at the same time then all stars and planets would be the same age and thered be no such thing as old stars

Incorrect. That would mean that the universe is spiralling around a central axis, and we're currently capable of observing the universe to such a degree that any such rotaion would have been observed by now

its gods gas.

We are immortal spiritual beings, imprisoned to incarnate here on Earth again and again as a source of energy for our captors. It is possible to escape, but I don't know exactly how. The white light experienced at death or near-death experiences is a trap, and the desire to fall into it is strong enough to prevent most spirits from leaving (us). We cannot perceive all of reality in this human body, but the essence of us is infinite and has been around longer than we realize.

When the fuck did the filesize limit on Cred Forums get decreased? I can't upload some of my favorite images now.

Indeed. I've always enjoyed the theory that sentient lifeforms on other planets might be nothing more than plants, or even gaseous clouds. Who are we to say otherwise?

>what is speed of light travel

The age of a star can only be guaged by our observation of it from our single vantage point.

Deep enough to really have an interest in it. I think once people realize the enormity of the Universe, they go one of two directions. Either:
>ignore it and return to 'normie' life where they forget about science and focus instead on the latest trends
or
>actively study the sciences, particularly Astronomy, and focus on that instead of other people and fairy tales veiled as 'religions'
I wish I had gone STEM.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9lJvZY_JFv4

like, all those big bits, they're galaxies, right? and each galaxy might have BILLION solar systems, and one of this planets mighthave life, right?

GO TO CHURCH

Perhaps other life forms HAVE found us, but they are so far and beyond our level of intelligence they simply pay no mind to us, similar to how we humans pay no mind to insects on the sidewalk.

howtoexitthematrix.com/2015/04/18/saturns-influence-on-the-moon-matrix/

Anyone here ever play SpaceEngine?
I was once zipping around in my spaceship, then ended up right in front of one of these things. Nope'd so fucking hard.

This. The enormity of the Cosmos and our infinitesimally small place in it scares the shit out of most people. That's why they keep their snouts down in the shit and the mud on the surface of the Earth.

well, yeah, but to be picky, for them to have found us means they have observed us

Do we acknowledge the bacteria under our fingernails? We could have an entire universe of life and creation in our sock drawers, born and destroyed in a nano-send, but for that universe, it was an eternity

yes I realize that, but not all galaxies and planets formed right away, some took longer than others, and depending on how evolution plays its virtually impossible to not have very advanced beings somewhere

Is there life out there?
>Yes, though it could be microscopic, to something we coulnd.'t even comprehend.

Galaxies are so far apart, that they could be alternate dimensions with their own unique physical laws.

There's no maximum or minimum of anything. This is where quantumn come in. Everything is to scale of somethiing else.

Do not give up hope, space/b/ro

More like trying to avoid a big spider, sure you could just stomp it out of existence but it's probably going to still try to jump on you

I agree, but as far as we have observed, from rational sources, we are alone in our little corner.

Thanks user.
I'm actually majoring in physics right now. Hopefully someday I can understand what's going on in the universe right above our heads.

FTL is impossible. c is the great filter. We will never be some grand unified space empire.

>inb4 meme drives and quantum entanglement nonsense

get off the drugs pal

When man achieves absolute zero is going to be one of the biggest achievements of the next 50-100 years. It's one of the events that will get it's own date in the history books etc.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=L2kFy5iu55U

yep, but who knows, maybe were not, we are looking at radio waves, when maybe they transmit data some seemingly impossible t us at this time

post space-y music

youtube.com/watch?v=KnsCuUA1pg0

well yes we do. you can bet your ass people have spent a good portion of their lives studying bacteria.

I don't have enough nope for this image.

I wanted to at first, when I learned about it in a freshman-level Astronomy course. But, I just can't; it's too amazing to think about. Billions of stars, untold numbers of other planets, not to mention various other things in the Cosmos. Instead of buying manga or blowing cash/time on relationships and 'reality TV' or sports, I teach myself whatever I want to know through books. It never ceases to amaze me how virtually untouched the Science section is at bookstores. Books that have been there for so long, they're starting to lose color.

>water compressed into solid form

so... ice?

youtube.com/watch?v=kwFvJog2dMw

Yup. Check the filename.

FUCK, when is the "black moon" coming out tonight?!

I bet there's other intelligent life out there. Just think, if you roll a single die your chance of a 6 will be low. If you roll a billion dice, you'll get a lot of the number 6 even if those dice do land far apart. With every new place or thing we discover our chance of finding life increases greatly. I believe that intelligent life could be much closer than we think, but they haven't made contact or even discovered us for the same reasons we don't know about them. As far as we know any potential ayy lmaos would be bound by the same laws of physics we are, meaning they could be hundreds of lightyears away. The light reflected 500 years ago from Earth may now have just reached them. Back then we didn't have much in the way of technology, so seeing us from space would be every difficult if not impossible. For this reason the aliens could have just dismissed us as another planet with some liquid water but nothing special. I don't think it would be wrong to think that the aliens could be less advanced than us either. We could very well be one of the first life forms in our known universe to venture outside of our atmosphere.

99% of the images in this thread are false color and space looks nothing like this.

Oh shit I forgot about that.
I mean, I guess it's nothing special. It's just the second full moon this month.

Exactly! Shit, there could be species out there billions of years older that are that far advanced technologically as well. Who knows if we're not the slow species just barely starting to dip into the space game!

Let us dream, Dr. Tyson.

Yeah man I hear ya, right there with ya.

Right, and you keep going back to the bookstore and all those same books are still there every time, and it's a relatively small section compared to others. Thank god the contemporary trash lit section is two or three 50-foot rows long. Bah. Most people are fucking pea-brains.

I guess it's kind of a good thing; I never have to worry about a book I want going out of stock.

I was watching Star Wars the other day, and realized that the universe is so fucking big, that this probably actually happened.

You guys ever read Sphere? It's a sci-fi thriller written by Michael Chricton, the guy who wrote Jurassic Park.
One of the best books I've ever read, seriously. Can't recommend it enough.

I'll keep it in mind. I'm thinking about reading some Star Trek Voyager novels, or something of similar sci-fi quality.

This is my favorite object, horsehead nebula. Pic is from my backyard... lots of light pollution here :(

I feel you. I live right in the middle of the suburbs. Even when there's a power-outage, it's nearly impossible to see anything.

kek

No, but I've seen the dumb movie they made of it. I should probably read the book. I'm sure it's alot better.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYrhMfX53k

Well that's about it from me, Cred Forums. Please keep the discussion going, space threads are always the best threads on Cred Forums.
Here's some cool stuff to check out:
apod.nasa.gov
youtube.com/watch?v=DNlLnaJiGY8
youtube.com/user/canadianspaceagency
joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

John 8:23:
>Then He told them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

better check yourself before your wreck yourself.

How did you take the photo?

>Jesus was an ayy lmao

It's not impossible. Has to be done in space. Maybe already has

>>Jesus was an ayy lmao

straight up.

The tiny fraction of a degree of heat is given off by atom's moving about. You really want to stop atoms from moving?

Wrong. We're on the edge of it. In the middle there's a black hole holding all the dust and shit in its place

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GoW8Tf7hTGA

You can't move faster than light. Space exploration will never be a meaningful thing.

>You can't move faster than light.
But do we need to?

kek

>implying you have to always travel in a straight line

>not pictured: ur mum

Fake and gay. KYS faggot!

With a small 6 inch Newtonian telescope and a dslr

ever wonder if space travel will ever be possible

Right in the middle speaking in terms of thickness, and also colloquially as in 'not on the edge', He was not claiming we are in the dead center, and no reasonable person would infer that from what he said, especially considering he POSTED A PICTURE OF OUR EXACT LOCATION, you fucking pedantic dickweed. Drop dead you smarmy fuck.

It's impossible to escape the gravity of a black hole.
There's a supermassive black hole at the center of our galaxy.
Therefore, it is theoretically impossible to ever leave our galaxy.

its because he wants you to be horny and full of testosterone like a man should be to make lots of babies.

you could upload your consciousness to a solid state drive in a ship, accelerate it with lasers to .2c and see most of it within one 'life'.

that is a fairly reasonable plan given today's technology and rate of growth for 100-200 years from today. Expand you search parameters, and never say never.

It's breathtaking to consider the amount of cocks OP has taketh to the face.

you fucked up that class for sure.
wormholes and space time bending. but thats only if you believe all that weird shit Einstein was talking about. crazy fool.

>decide to go to nearest star
>move at something absurd like 0.9c
>spend half the journey accelerating and the other half decelerating so as not to obliterate yourself from the speeds
>still takes like 10 fucking years to get there
>send an e-mail home to your Mom telling her you made it
>it shows up 100000 years later relative to Earth and everyone's dead and another ship passed you

It's never going to happen.

but that is just from the point of view of imagining traditional ideas of travelling from point a to point b
its like imagining driving a car from one town to another
dont you think that in the future (distant future) our descendants will discover some other form of travelling great distances
we may not be able to even imagine the possibilities right now

If you were to line them up straight they would reach Uranus and back, twice.

Don't worry bro. We live in a simulation anyway, so just go play No Man's Diarrhea or whateverit's called and you'll have the same experience. It will be philosophically equivalent.

>no stars in the background
>no mountains
>no reflection on visor
>text floating despite no atmosphere
Clearly proves this picture was drawn in a studio and NOT on the moon.

a black holes gravity cannot be escaped
a black holes gravity field extends to the entirety of the universe.
you can gain speeds up to the speed of light falling into a black hole
>just fall into and out of again and travel the universe for free

agreed
but dont you think future generations will figure out some other process to get from one place to another
- about 400 years ago, people thought we couldnt sail around the world
- over a hundred years ago, people thought we couldn't fly like birds
- about 60 years ago, people thought we couldnt travel faster than the speed of sound

Why dont you put two pencils up your nostrils
and and a couple of coins over your eyes when they ask. "So where is your proof life exists outside of planet earth, dad, I mean I got a feeling theres a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow but i aint found none and i cant prove it

>59,000 light years
Let me tell you why that's bullshit.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HN7e8i4DgF4

No. The difference between rowboats and speedboats is how fast they go. There's a hard limit to the universe: c. You can't go faster or you violate causality.

More like these

you seem upset. there is a nova that looks just like that. Its common knowledge the weird part is it makes no sense.

youre still literally thinking the process of space travel and keep imagining travel in terms of speed
- im thinking that they will some day figure out ways of getting from one point to another while also taking into account time
- i dont claim to understand it but i just would like to think that someday it will be possible

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DKL4X0PZz7M

1/2
Ever since I was very little, before I could even read, I loved space. And this seemed natural to me, because I thought that of course what most of reality is should be important to a person. I loved sitting outside with my dad gazing at the stars and wondering if those other stars, like.our suns, had people on their planets. Sometimes I thought to myself "what if I'm looking right into the eyes of another person, on another planet, who is also gazing at the stars? All that is between us is a thin cloud of gas, and beyond that nothing is between us". As soon as I could read, I read all of my dads books on space. I read about all kinds of stars, planets, galaxies, supernovas, nebulae, black holes, and the very likely existence of other lifeforms.

I would spend hours laying in bed thinking about what the hell else might be out there that we don't know about, and if there might be cute girls on other planets. I spent my days playing games about exploring space. I loved movies and books about space, and one of my favorite shows was Ancient aliens. All the other theoretical space shows were staples of my childhood. By the time I was a teenager I didn't understand how anybody could be satisfied with simply living and dying on earth. I got really depressed when I realized other peoples disinterest in anything beyond earth, or even their own small community or world, would effectively prevent myself from ever exploring the universe.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that I would need to live long enough for humanity to advance into space travel, and for that I needed immortality. I figured I would keep myself alive at least until I could meet the first non-earth intelligence we discover.

a

No, I'm thinking rationally. You're praying for space magic.

this thread is amazing, thank you anons

bump

It's already possible and being done.

unable to think non-linearly
unable to understand metaphors
difficulty in grasping new concepts
>literal autism

i dont think so
im trying to imagine knowledge that is beyond you and me
it would be like trying to explain rocket technology and escape velocity to send an object into orbit around our planet to someone from 300 AD Rome

no literally they used lasers to strip away photons to make the coldest in the universe

both the hottest and coldest IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE has been done here on earth

except for the the big bang, that mightve been hotter for a attosecond

Most important book related to this thread that no one will actually read because people hate and fear the truth:

urantia.org/urantia-book/read-urantia-book-online

How long till we get a result from this?

>It is estimated that the project will generate as much data in one day as previous SETI projects generated in one year.[2] Compared to previous programs, the radio surveys cover 10 times more of the sky, at least 5 times more of the radio spectrum, and work 100 times faster.[16] The optical laser survey is also the deepest and broadest search in history.[16]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_Listen

It's nothing like that at all. You're still talking about easily understood concepts: movement / velocity.

What you want is something that violates the laws of the universe. It's never going to happen.

>comes to a thread about space and science
>posts some gay-ass alt-god bullshit
k

Which laws will we be violating, exactly? What are we defining "space travel" as?

You should tell them they live in a simulation for keks

Anybody have that 10 gig download of the night sky?

Humanities current understanding of the universe is the final and perfect understanding! This brooks no dispute!
Even considering anything beyond current levels of knowledge, even as a fun thought experiment, is IGNORANT and UNSCIENTIFIC, and will not be allowed to continue.

FTL. Causality.

A full, complete understanding of everything isn't necessary to dismiss certain concepts. You can't move mass faster than something that has no mass. It's that simple. FTL is impossible, and even if it was, impractical.

so Einstein was a space wizard? fucking neato.

type -9yPzSW3ICIV

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHw8Dwhingc

then we could figure something else out. something out of the box or incomprehensible with our current technology.

what kind of scientist are you? a geologist?

>violates the laws of the universe
as we understand them today
- why do we claim to fully understand the entire universe, we've only just begun to look into it
- in 300 AD Rome, most common educated people might have taken the time to understand how far to follow the logic of movement and velocity but they would have probably said that it was impossible to travel into space where the gods exist - that it would violate the laws of the universe as they understood them at the time
you are right - with the knowledge and understanding we have today, space travel, moving over great distances and our ability to deal with time when doing so is impossible
but that is not taking into account what future knowledge or discovery will be made in the next ten years, 100 years, 1,000 years

>violates the laws of the universe
as we know them at present.

we know so very little for sure that we can't say for certain whether or not there are things out there that we could never imagine.

there are stranger things in heaven and hell than our feeble minds can imagine

>What do you think is out there...?

Everything...

Out there is a punch of meme fuckers jerking off to the memes that comes from SDLG.
>The user did 9/11

Watch out guys. I think this is becoming an enlightenment thread.

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle states that photons are both waves and particles, meaning they sometimes do and sometimes do not have mass.

I became very interested in biology, and especially cellular science and D.N.A. understanding and manipulation. I realized that if man understood how the building blocks ofnlife worked, we ourselves could then truly build anything we imagined. We could make our own bodies impervious to disease of any kind, be able to live off of only starlight, and survive and apply incredible force.

Unfortunately most people in the world see genetic and biological manipulation as taboo, so much so that anyone experimenting in them would be stopped by force if found out.

So I'm fucked until people start opening their minds to the idea that the body is merely an upgradeable tool for the human mind to use.

I understand that it's above your reading level, so how about something more basic that still totally refutes the status quo/premise for most of the discussion in this thread?

thunderbolts.info/wp/2011/09/02/essential-guide-to-eu-chapter-1/

..to say nothing of Schauberger's work with vortex dynamics and how it relates to all of this.

they have already measured galaxies moving faster than light. but how do you photograph something moving faster than light. this is how.

universetoday.com/13808/how-can-galaxies-recede-faster-than-the-speed-of-light/

its all relative lil nigga

what about the albicurre drive? It is a proven theoretical framework for moving faster then light. by manipulating gravitational waves and the fabric of space-time an object does not need to "move" at all relative to an outside frame of reference. Boom, no violating causality or requiring infinite energy.

Now that I've proven that it is possible according to what humans know today (which I would like to point out was not the original topic of discussion, if was weather or not it would ever be possible) , I want to say that I despise with a passion nay-saying little pissants like you. Contributing nothing other than shitting over other people ideas, people who are trying to think and dream and make a better world. Go fuck youself with a cactus, k?

Yes... This is awesome

We don't need FTL or even near-light speed propulsion to make it feasible to explore the Proxima Centauri system with manned craft using technology that, for the most part, already exists. As far as the rest of the Universe, I don't know. The technology isn't there and the science behind it isn't there, yet. I guess I just don't understand your fatalism, which isn't the same thing as realism. Realism implies you KNOW where our capabilities will branch to a century down the line and I find that hard to believe, since not even Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku or Sean Carroll can map something like that out. This is a ubiquitous effort, these baby steps to the next frontier: Don't be such a downer.

the concept of significance can only be unserstood by intelligent life, that said, the only intelligent life we know is on earth

therefore you are not just
1.7857142857e-33

you are actually
1.42857e-10

which is significantly more than what is tried to be said in that image

Thank you, user. Wiki'ing him and reading about this incredible space walk.

The man has balls of steel.

this is really beautiful

Nope? Jesus christ, I literally can't think of a more YES image than that.

I've always wondered about this, what does space look like?

same

thanks - that makes me feel better
here's a preview of the night sky in about a million years

Idk about you guys, but I'm really interested in black holes and why they're here, also all of the mystery surrounding them intrigues me

Go outside and look up.

Hey guys, read this wikipedia article.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future

It requires completely made up space magic like negative mass "exotic matter". It's a meme.

Black. The Sun is dark and cold, and no stars are visible except through the lens of an atmosphere, but this is more than you're allowed to know...

Oh! To hijack this thread:

Did anyone else watch Elon Musk's announcement at the IAC on tuesday?

He announced the fucking Mars Colonial Transporter project! That's right, they are building (and already have some parts completed of) a ricket with 4x the thrust of the saturn V, will be fully reusable, and can carry 100 people (with supplies) or 450tonns to MARS with an average trip time of ~110 days.

The one-way ticket price will be 200,000$, or less then the median price of a home in the USA.

Anyone else fucking stoked that people will be on mars in ~10-15 years, and nor NASA's best effort of ~20-30 years? And hundreds for colonization, not a crew of 7 for footprints and flags? Are you guys as amped as I am by that announcement?

haha

what

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ir9HC9vYg

Here ya go!

Your theory is flawed, but rather than berate you, I'll take t he chance to point out where the flaw is.

Yes, the universe burst in to life at the same time, but, life developed on its own timeline, depending upon variables. The star and its planet had to be in the right orbit to be the right temperature, atmosphere had to develop and balance out to be life-supporting (though I concede that we're foolish to think an oxygen-based atmosphere is required for life. It's just for life LIKE US), and then all of the other variables for life to evolve.

One can have all the right random events happen sooner than another, therefore giving life first, evolving faster, etc.

There could be life out there that had millions, if not billions, of years of a head start on us.

Yea? How's that hyperloop thing going?

Hurr durr, i read the first paragraph of the wikipedia entry. And left out the parts where FTL is mathematically valid, and negative energy has been measured in the real world.
I parroted back something I don't understand because I'm too much of a fucking autistic panty waste to be able to think outside the box.

They don't exist, it's a mathematical construct that has never actually been proven nor observed, like "dark matter". The standard model and everything you've ever been taught in school is a lie.

>Look at how far the first signal sent from our planet, that is capable of reaching insterstellar space, has travelled since we sent it in the 70's - about double the distance of pluto.

I think you meant to say the farthest spacecraft (Voyager 1). But V1 and 2 are 136 and 112 A.U. from the Sun, respectively.
voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/where/
Pluto is a mere 33 A.U.

I'll bump your thread, good user.

>They don't exist
Really? What are Gravitational Waves then, faggot?

>I'm mad because I believe in space magic and someone else doesn't

kek make sure you go to church this Sunday you fucking retard

well?

teams are working on the transport pods in a competition, and the russian minister of transportation or some shit said russia should build one. I actually know some people on one of the teams and they are pretty excited about it.

I don't see what a un-supported brain child of Elon Musk has to do with the core business of SpaceX, a rocket company and the announcement that they are building this rocket. This is literally the whole reason SpaceX exists. To colonize mars, it's why they are not a private company.

What are they teaching in schools?

The space between galaxies is expanding faster than light. The galaxies themselves aren't since they have matter and can't even travel AT the speed of light

I did, and I am. Elon Musk is probably the shittiest public speaker alive, but people like him are a dozen a generation. Considering his track record, SpaceX's rate of success and just how much every sovereign nation's space agency has come to rely on him and his company, I can think of few others who could see to something of this scale being accomplished in the timescale he gave. In that presentation, he goes from reducing the cost of orbital spaceflight, which he's already done, to terraforming Mars. Like, actually making a second Earth. This guy has a literal blueprint for our next step as a civilization.

What's really interesting about all this is that if the first boots on the Red Planet are delivered there by SpaceX, it'll be the first time a private entity has spearheaded something of this magnitude and not a State or collaboration of States, for better or worse. For as much societal and technological change our grandparents' have borne witness to in their lifetimes, it might all be a drop in the bucket compared to what we have yet to see.

I fucking love space.

These are some of the most beautiful images I've seen. Thank you for sharing them, OP (and all who contributed!).

that all you got? Your argument is weak as fuck and you know it. Go quote another wikipedia page bitch.

The pilot of this is a friend of mine, where did you come across this picture?

Another poorly understood observation that modern scientists have attempted to force into the "standard model" framework.

Here's some elementary-level reading for starters:

holoscience.com/wp/black-holes-tear-logic-apart/

What's to fucking rebuke?

>hurrdurr this could theoretically exist if we make shit up to make it happen

Idiot.

What does Cred Forums think of the supposed Black Triangle in the sky everyone's been seeing?

The troubling thing about ETs is that there is no hard evidence, supposedly.

I'll read this when I'm not intoxicated, but could you just tell me what the motivation is behind pretty much every scientist alive lying about black holes? Does it have something to do with China?

Yea, if he lands one of those rockets on Mars, every nation on the planet will shit their collective pants. This is completely uncharted territory, good point.

Actually wasn't the early america ships sponsored by corporations? The east india trade company was, at least at first, an extra-national business venture. As were the some of the first trips to Americas iirc.

I complete agree with how crazy the changes will be in our lifetimes however!

sauce

> hurr durr nothing like this exists today, even though one method is proved mathematically possible, so therefore IT WILL NEVER EXIST EVER EVER EVER

No, it's simple, just follow the money. Telling the truth just isn't profitable...

You can't do that. You can't just give me a non-answer like that. Because that's what that is: Not an answer.

Follow the fucking money, I've been trying to do that my entire goddamn life.

>and EVER and EVER and EVER
> waaaaaaaaaa not real waaaaaaaa

user, this article is from 2004
While it's very interesting, gravitational waves where predicted by Einstein in 1916 based on general relativity, and look! They where detected this year!

You know what caused them? 2 objects with inmense gravity, spinning around, getting closer until they finally merged. And guess what? Those objects just turn out to be black holes!

I want you two to fuck. Right now, right in front of me.

looks fucking horrendous m8

99% of UFO/alien evidence or sightings is almost absolutely nonsense.

The problem is that the actual 1% that might well be actual ET sightings/phenomenon is not believed because of the 99% trash.

I do believe that the Phoenix lights incident, the crash outside of Roswell, the battle of Los Angeles and the encounter in Rendlesham Forest were true ET events. I believe those are the few, actual events that likely did involve intelligent life originating from places other than Earth.

It's not THAT damn hard to believe that alien life is aware of this planet or has checked us out.

I don't know if it's been an accident or an intelligent effort to mask ET events via flooding the media with the 99% nonsense garbage to mask the extremely rare, real events. It's genius if it's by design. What's the best way to hide ETs? You make it so that when credible people like Dr. Mitchell and other astronauts (among other extremely credible scientists - including men who have been on lunar missions - who have fucking BEEN there) say "yes, they're real", no one believes it.

Everything you read in the news, on TV, on the radio is PAID for. Every NASA press-release, every "new study confirms/reveals" bullshit news story. If you want the truth, you have to do your own legwork.

>Like, actually making a second Earth. This guy has a literal blueprint for our next step as a civilization.

Looking at all the problems and misery on Earth, do "we" really want this? I am personally against this. Sure, SpaceX, (space travel for the elites). We need to fix this place first. And by fix, means changing the mentality of the human race, so that our selfishness and greed, doesn't prevent us from "taking the next step".

These kind of threads are a nice "relief" and all, but, unfortunately reality is right outside.

Stop fucking around with quantum mechanics and keep the thread on topic

The Galaxy Eater

Musk... What that guy is doing is just amazing.

No, seriously, STOP THESE DUBS!

>proved mathematically possible
>if you use invented made up shit

Are you fucking dense?

I have a fucking awesome FTL drive too. It uses baljorkjik for fuel and it's fucking incredible. The math is velocity = c * 10.

Stay ignorant you God worshiping, magic believing retard.

Well, yeah. That's how government spending works for a government-funded agency.

Again, non-answer. Shouting "conspiracy" and then telling me "Just google it, brah" is not an answer. Why are scientists universally lying about black holes and what do they have to gain from it?

Can you imagine being in a solar system in the middle of that?

You don't know shit about physics, you're regurgitating a bullshit NASA press release. Pythagoras is long dead, but that doesn't change the fact the he was wiser than pretty much every 18 year old kid on the planet today.

Can cube planets exist? Or would gravity prevent such a planet from existing?

But if gravitational waves are real and can be detected by black holes, and the waves we detected were caused by 2 merging black holes, that only means one thing...

Bumping your thread OP

how fucking autistic are you? Like do you even leave you house? Go do yourself a favor user.

Gravity prevents. Planets form from discs of matter coalescing, becoming rounder and rounder the bigger they get.

What do they have to gain from it? Continued funding. What do they have to lose from rebelling against the established order? Their lives, their families' lives, their livelihood, prestige, etc.

Awsome keep going, thnx OP

user.
No.
200 Years ago, flight was "impossible"
100 years ago reaching the moon was "impossible"
Also, saying that it is the coldest place in the entire universe is retarded, in the observable universe sure, but in the entirety of the universe? You seem to not understand the scale here

No offense to Elon Musk, the man is a genius, but we're decades away from colonizing Mars. And the man can barely even land a rocket on a platform.

is there anything beyond the universe? im not talking about the multiverse that shit sounds boring, but what about realms that are much more imponderable than anything we could ever conjure up in a simple comic book or novel. is it really just the universe, there must be something else thats not connected to the universe in any way but yet still much more vast and amazing.

Oh, don't get me started on that bullshit. The whole reason you're able to post on this imageboard was because of NASA, because we followed and achieved our goal of sending a man to space and the spin-off tech that emerged as a result included everything from WD-40 to the standard computing processor. Technological progress isn't linear and societal progress isn't linear, there are multiple ways to alleviate "problems and misery" on this planet and an economic boom for the private space industry would be a great boon to pretty much everyone and everything.

There will always be problems here, no matter wherever else we are.

That makes absolutely no sense. Thank you for playing.

You can't even make a proper sentence, how do you expect to be taken seriously as a logician?

Why is the NASA press release bullshit?

>aliens

Ok. But what will be accomplished for humanity in the long run, by colonizing Mars other than new real estate? A new planet to corrupt and ruin? Or will "things be different" when that time comes? The end of profit over people? sure.

That dude has fucking balls

Whatev, bury your head in the sand and keep letting Morgan Freeman, that long-haired chinaman, and the bug-eyed colored fella dictate the meaning of life to your pitiful little brain. Makes no difference to me...

You are being a colossal faggot and I hope you're aware of that.