Ok, so I need some solid concrete evidence as to why a dirt bike air filter SHOULD NOT GO IN THE DRYER...

Ok, so I need some solid concrete evidence as to why a dirt bike air filter SHOULD NOT GO IN THE DRYER. I have looked it up in the manual, online searches, etc. Please help. We just bought a new dryer for like (too much money) and I don't want the air filters in the new dryer but I need a good argument to give to hubby and son.

When they don't need drying.

If telling your husband you do not want them in there does not do the trick then maybe buy your own dryer or hold sex off from him until he 'gets' your point

Tits & timestamp or GTFU....

Post tits for real reasons. I actually have a couple.

Because tumble drying them will damage the fucking things. If they absolutely NEED the filter dry RIGHT FUCKING NOW, use a goddamn hair dryer.

There's gotta be some dirt bike fans out there....or computer whizzes who can research faster than I can. I heard you all are the best of the brightest...please, feedback needed. Although, withholding sex wasn't a bad idea.

10yr racer here.

Foam air filters shouldn't be hot. The foam can melt and deteriorate. They should be washed in solvent and air dried before being oiled again.

>best and the brightest
Why thank you

Why can't you just air-dry it? Jesus.

bouncing around in the tumbler would be bad for the air filter
but that can be overcome by attaching a rack to the dryer door and putting the filter on there

Yes this. They need to air dry. I use these filters. Have him get extra filters to swap out so he can use one while the other dries naturally.

Right, they shouldn't be hot but the retort is "we will just put them on air dry" I can't emphasize enough how much I don't want these things in the BRAND new dryer (2days old) and we have a race to go to tomorrow like 400 miles away so the kid (18) lazy waited until the last min needs to wash them before we leave and hubby said to make sure to put the, in the dryer before we leave so there ready for practice when we get there.... I AM ABOUT READY TO SABOTAGE my own dryer (just for tomorrow) so they can't do it because I was basically overruled.

wait... so the problem is how it will bounce around the dryer? Seriously, this is a fucking retarded discussion.

No not how they will bounce. How there is residue particles and oil on them and I don't want them in my NEW DRYER

Just use the dirty filter. Fuck. If he already washed it, he is S.O.L.

putting them on a rack will prevent that
moving air in a dryer just doesn't have the strength to pull oil off cloth
stop being a whiny bitch that has to have things your way or no way and learn how to compromise

/thread

>We just bought a new dryer
>We
how does your salary compare to your husbands?
you making good use of that, let me guess, either women's studies or childhood development degree?
no, just sit there cleaning the house you live in and claiming that makes you an equal partner in the relationship

Too bad your so cynical. For your information. I have 2 college degrees, an amazing wrack, work, cook, go to the motor cross track every weekend, do ALL the laundry with our new dryer and keep the house clean. I wonder if you can say the same. Or do you just sit back and make assumptions about people that are asking for legitimate feedback from people who are touted to be well informed.

>legitimate feedback
and yet you have received that multiple time
but because they aren't answers you like you dismiss them
2 degrees (I doubt it) and you still can't manage to take information, analyze it, and adjust your world view based on the merits of the new information
I notice you didn't specify what degrees you have
ashamed of your no marketable skills degrees?

>do ALL the laundry with our new dryer and keep the house clean
congratulation
you are able to do something that you would need to do for yourself anyway
and at different times I've done laundry for a number of people ranging from 1 (myself) and 6
the difference between 1 & 6 is so little as to be meaningless

but I do realize women need positive reinforcement for doing things that adult humans are expected to either do for themselves or hire some one to do for them
so good job being an adult

Residue particles and oil? But it was cleaned?

Not making sense. The bouncing seems like more of an issue to me.

Don't you have one of those mounted racks for the dryer? Put it on that, and maybe on top of a towel. Problem solved, idiots.

What the fuck kind of retard puts an air filter in the dryer in the first place?