ITT: Schizophrenia stories

ITT: Schizophrenia stories

Post the funny/retarded shit you or your schizo friends or family have done

>my mother the schizoid
>said she could talk to our neighbors through the walls
>said she could telepathically communicate with our neighbors if she laid her head down on her pillow a specific way
>said our neighbors were hiding their cars from us so we would not know they were home (they were at fucking work)
>said our neighbors had microscopic cameras everywhere in the house and they'd watch her piss
>would not piss or shower with the light on because of this
>would constantly yell throughout the house and in the backyard, "FARRAH! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!" "SHUT UP, FARRAH"
>claimed they were saying she was eating too much and she starved herself for a few months
>one time we had to get her 5150'd and she said one of the paramedics was psychic and she could tell just by looking at him
>claimed she is God and I am Jesus

Believed I was in a spirit world for a whole month.

What was it like? Are you on meds now or have you learned to cope with it? I have heard that there are cases where people learn to cope with it and just tell the voices to fuck off or make friends with them

Cats out the bag faggot. Schizoid or not.

I made friends with my """ voice"""

How did you go about it?

You are the voice duh

What? I've not got much of a formal education on schizophrenia, I just know what I do from my mother's fits.

Everything was just really gray and weird. Thought the TV was god talking to me directly.

Manage it with lots of chlozaril. The voices wax and wane, tell em to fuck off, sometimes they make me laugh.

I thought I was cupid and I worshipped the sun. i thought my dad was cheating on my mom and i almost killed him. I basically sexually harassed a young girl at a Dunkin Donuts. I did some wacky ass shit when i was psychotic.

Did you experience mood swings or anything? Violence toward loved ones?

Why did you genuinely believe it given that your life had not been that way up until then and, assuming, you were aware that schizophrenia was a thing?

Some doctors said i'm bipolar while others think it's schizoaffective and more of a thought disorder with mood problems

Im pretty schizo and i talk to myself alot especially when stressed out and people notice and their like what are you doing and i sound frustrated and mad and i say nothin just talking to myself while i do this its a bitch. Also its kinda like having a friend but it never tells me to do anything. Were kick back.

I did a few days in jail for 'harassment'. I sent a long stream of emails, which basically just contained the ramblings of a psychotic, to acquaintances and friends, some were very understanding, others filed restraining orders. Went through mental health judicial program and am fine now.

My father is bipolar so I wouldnt be suprised if I was a bit schizo-effective on the psychotic spectrum.

Do you have any sort of formal diagnosis at the moment?

So the voice you experience is not malevolent yet not malevolent? It's just kind of there?

Did you get off any bigger charges by means of mental insanity?

It helps me chill out when i get mad. Itll tell me to calm down and try to help. Ive also done some weird shit amd been delusional but it wasnt like i did anything bad or in front of anyone (not that its really my choice)

No. it was all pretty harmless. Some people (who are giant buttholes) were trying to push for terrorist threats. Those charges were quickly dismissed.

Did either of your voices manifest in the forms of voices you already knew

My mother is the same way, none of it was funny you idiot.

>schizo mom

>hears voices. Mostly gibberish, but has recieved violent commands. She doesnt listen to them, but admits it would be bad if she did.

>generally makes the worst decision she can any chance she gets

>sometimes would go berzerk in the early morning hours and demanding for me to move out for no reason.

>sometimes throws my things away from out of my room when I go to the store or out to a friends house. Even in my sleep occasionally, though Id usually catch her

Idk, I moved out and life just...improved. I love my mum but I was ready to kill her too. Its just a rough thing, livin with schizoid ppl

Maybe ive heard it before but its nobody i recognize and its just one. I went on psychotropics flr a week amd i hated them. They made me stiff and i couldnt think. Like if you close your eyes and picture a red apple(like most people can) on psychotropics theres no apple.

Has it given itself a name?

Why are you asking this? But yea his name is david. Not dave. Also i apologize for my horrid spelling. Im on android with no autocorrect

I'm not really in contact with my mother any more so I have no way to talk to any schizoids about their experiences. Does David have his own backstory?

basically this your whole life.

Nah he just kinda popped up one day. It was when i was a bit older. Thry said it was concerta (adhd meds) that possibly did it. They cause psychotic tendancies. Sorry if i seem rude but your questions were oddly specific and pertained to me. Its not that im a paranoid schizo im just schizo and not exactly. Its more like a less violent donny darko. Sort of. Thats the closest way to explain it

Does he ever end up keeping you up at night with random talking? I'm wondering if that is part of what helped my mother progress as bad as she did.

Sometimes but not all the time. See i know its a chemical imbalance in my brain where im "not wired correctly" and science hasnt exactly figured out why yet. So everyone who has schizo disoarders behave differently. Sometimes they act similar to other schizo but ultimately their usually different

I had a coworker that was a nice enough guy. We got along well and had a good time working together. Only thing that was a bit odd was his penchant for talking to himself. No big deal right? After all who doesn't talk to themself? This guy just does it out loud I guess. If he saw me noticing he would stop which I figured was normal, it is a bit weird after all. Later he started having a hard time counting the days money at the end of the night. He would start counting, put it down, walk away, then come back and start again. He would repeat this two or three times. Weid as fuck. Shortly after that he gets it in his head that this girl that works with us is trying to get him fired. Fast forward a few weeks and we see him on security camera pacing back and forth yelling at his car. We had no idea there was anything wrong with him mentally but he had stopped taking his meds. Sad because he was a good guy but had to be institutionalized for months to get him back on track. He was offered his job back but he was too embarrassed and declined.

Sad story user. I dont get embarrassed easily but i could see why he was.

My voices aren't voices. They're music.

I'm terrified to post this, btw. One of you knows where I am. At least. Someone appluad my bravery, because I am scared.

If you live in Fresno, CA I might

He shouldn't have been. We all understood he couldn't control it. We wouldn't have treated him any different. He was a good guy.

Somebody needs to greentext the plot of A Beautiful Mind ending with Walk the Dinosaur or Fresh Prince....

Classical? Jazz? Rock?

I guess it's better than voices trying to talk to you. I took 16 benadryl one time. They say it's the closest thing to schizophrenia you can experience. My thinking was very unorganized and all over the place. I saw lots of things in the corners of my vision. I had a conversation with a poster of John belushi I thought was alive. It was horrible.

>when i was a wee lad of about 6
>i had many imaginary friends that i played with
>met a cute girl at the school
>kidcrush.jpg
>hang out all the time
>go to creek behind my house
>go swimming
>this is a routine i have made a habit
>this goes on for about a month
>one day she and i decide to have a contest to see who could hold their breath the longest
>she won
she kept winning
>bitch come up for air
>shedead.png
>all my imaginary friends blame me
>cut off ties to real friends because all that hatemail from imaginaries
>as i grow up i begin living a tim burto-esque fairy tale of being a massive emo faggot
eventually i get diagnosed with schizophrenia
>realize so much was wrong with my life and everything i thought had been good was a lie
>go to the house where i would go to meet babygrill
ring doorbell
>parents come out
>you guys already know she wasnt ever real
and now i take prescription pills and acid to ease that ache, feels so fucking bad man

All of those and more. Sometimes original, sometimes not.

All I want is motivation

Take your meds while you still have control. One day you may not be able to know where reality ends and the delusions begin.

>think mother is just a huge whore my entire life
>one night she's in tears and legit trys to fuck me saying that she was going to "just take a little bit of energy"
>turns out she would have episodes where she was convinced she was a succubus or something and needed to fuck the energy out of people to survive
>she would then usyally never talk to whoever she fucked again thinking they were empty husks afterwards
>she was freaking out and balling that night because she was panicing about not having anyone to fuck, so it had to be me but she didn't want to turn me into a souless husk, so she kept saying she would only take a little bit and then would share energy with me later (tfw i missed my chance to have a threesome with my mom)
>she's doing a lot better now and is on a bunch of meds

Holy shit. Mind fuck.

I know where you are. You should be scared.

So... Did you end up fucking her?