Does Cred Forums think we will ever invent time travel?

does Cred Forums think we will ever invent time travel?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/zM3GtcB
youtube.com/watch?v=1_9IMZcbKHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No it's just something that can never be done

but y tho

Einsteinian relativity allows for time loops, whether they exist in this universe is unknown. I used to disregard any possibility of time travel, I was conviced it would violate the second law of thermodynamics, but turns out some theoretical physics allows for it. Of course it doesn't translate to time machines, and it will never be possible to return to a previous time on earth say. So goodbye to scifi time travellers and what not, but physicists haven't yet completely ruled out backwards time travel.

I already did (not even kidding guys)

I did. I went and fucked your momma. Hello son.

if we can travel through time why havent we already done it in the future

We're more likely to invent speed of light travel, and even that is impossible.

/thread

is u blind

Yes we know because they have time travelers at Area 51

evidence?

if there was time travel, then at some point in the universe a person with time travel would go back to an arbitrary point a very long time ago when life was sustainable and started a civilization of miracle time travel technowizards

Yes but only forward travel.

God here. (Not even lying)
Lol u just describ m'y situation (not exact The same but still very close ! Congratz.

It's known between the workers there. I have heard them speak about it I know people who work there.

There is a theory that once time travel is discovered, we would not be able to travel back before that specific date.
Something about it either being physically not possible or as a result of laws [made by governments and such for example] regarding time travel. And that that may be the reason we've not seen any time travelers.
Of course there's still the chance that einstein is right and time can only be travelled in one direction, forward.
Cant take your word on Cred Forums bro... we're going to need more compelling evidence than that.

no, cause if we did. then we would go back in time and stop us from inventing it.

physical laws? kek. no, the reason they have that theory is because it creates a logical paradox. nobody understands what is pphysicall possible and impossible. at least in this regard, not yet anyway.

Cred Forums will never invent time travel

Yes into the future only

Its already been done
the faster you go the more into the future you go

I second this, actually... Am a physics student.

This is horseshit, Captain Kay and Bob Lazar are fantasy autists who have roped people into some Big Daddy alien scenario. I've actually seen UFOs (reason I became physics student) and they are far far advanced from anything that could be 'material' technology. It was more like looking at black glass than a solid surface...

Hey its sometrhing i heard in passing, didnt really care too much about it cause its out of my league to figure out.

Well I think you can go back in time but it requires more energy/mass than the entire universe has

The real question is what the hell would happen if they really did invent it? Who would they chose, where would they go, what would they do?

The trump, primordial earth, He'd fit in better.

>be me
>go back in time in Jew outfit
>get job at art school
>A student walks in named Adilf
>fuck no son your art is shit
>have fun on the streets
>his art was better than mine

I have this dream of going back in time to where the first life forms crawl out of the primordial goop and fuckin peel out on them throwing beer cans out the window of a jeep blastin some Skynyrd, then scoot forward in time to caveman days and be posted behind a bush and in the morning and when they emerge fuckin zest their asses up with good bottle rockets and fire crackers.

Technically it's already a thing the astronauts who have gone faster than anyone else have skipped time by a very small amount

You know light speed would have time travel as a side effect right?

>OffbyoneKenobi.png

I think the problem would be more of a where than a when. Everything in our vicinity is traveling at thousands of miles per hour. There is no fixed point in space to calculate from as everything is moving. So as you traveled through time it would be increasingly impossible to land on anything solid and increasingly likely you'd land in it even if you did manage to hit it.

At least one other person understands this

thats off by 100 you drooling retard

All of us are time travelers going at the same speed.

except that we're not going at the same speed. we just dont realize the differences

Don't be a newfag in my presence ever again.

nou

Yeah, it's in here

discord.gg/zM3GtcB

True. If astronauts are able to travel in time like this. wouldnt that mean that your perception of time affects how fast you travel. Along with your speed.

it's not time travel then, because it's the norm
time travel means to travel further through time than we currently already are

thats like saying that falling isnt travel

Einstein was brilliant but what we know is so limited. Just look at the EM drive. We know
it works and creates purpolsion without combustion. We also know it violates what we know about electromagnitism.

We know nothing. We guess and those guesses will be replaced with better guesses.

Time travel may be obsolete when you can just travel dkmensions to a possibility you already wish for. Skipping the 4th and figiring out the 5th.

>Time is relative.

I have a confession to make.
I am responsible for the Berenstein Bears paradox.

Right. It would seem so. Everything is. Very few things are universal. We dont even know if death is.

What kind of Time Travel?

Are we talking about jumping from the Present to the Past or are we talking about Rewinding Time?

To jump from the Present to the Past, there is a lot to consider. First, where will you appear in the past, because the space you occupy may already be occupied by something else in the past. Which my result in you getting stuck inside a tree or a mountain... Or you could even appear floating in space because the Earth may be somewhere else in it's orbit during that time. It's called SpaceTime for a reason. Okay, now let's say you succeed in going back in Time and you're stuck because Traveling back to the Future is a lot different than Traveling back to the Past. Unless Time is, has and will be already Laid Out, which would mean our lives are predetermined and we are all under an illusion of free will (Determinism.) BUT... If Time isn't already Laid Out, then the Future of the Past that you are now in, doesn't Exist yet, which would mean You're Stuck in the Past. I could go on for HOURS about Time Travel but this thread would probably 404 before I could finish... so... Moving on...

Now let's consider Rewinding Time. Let's say you just got done building this Awesome Time Machine that can Rewind Time if you turn it on. The moment it is turned on you, yourself, would most likely Rewind to the point just before the Time Machine was turned on and you would Turn it On again. Cause and Effect. This would place you and everything else into a Perpetual LOOP that will Repeat itself for Eternity.

Tthat comic is right i never understood. It wouldnt require moving time it would require moving all mass to a previous position.

I guess youd only be able to travel an exact year in the past at the time. Or adjust position so you end up on earth.

It wouldn't. You would have to move faster than light.

A black hole could artificially induce time travel into the future. If you saw Insterstellar, there was that planet with the waves. It had decelerated time because of it's proximity to a blackhole. 1 hour on the planet equaled seven years on Earth. If a similar object were within a reasonable travel distance of Earth, we could wait a day and suddenly be 168 years in the future.

Problem is, it's doubtful that we could travel the necessary distance (likely at least 40 years) and then return (another 40 years). Unless the crew was some uber genius teenagers that have been bred and prepared for this mission. They would have to have very long lifespans.

And no, the Blackhole couldn't be any closer. It would seriously affect the rest of the Solar System.

You'd have to adjust a lot, since the sun and the galaxy is also traveling at very high rates of speed. It's not just a matter of calculating the orbit of one planet.

the solar system, and even galaxy, are both moving

Buddy I'm on break right now so this is the only message I can send right now. Part of my duties on this planet is closing time loops the travelers have left open. The more open loops the faster entropy increases. Hopefully if we close enough we can slow it to a crawl or even reverse it. It's exciting stuff if you'd like to know more find a way to get in touch.

Forward not backward.

Time moves slower with more gravity.

But muh speed of lights.

Exactly!!!!

Even the Entire Universe itself could be moving through the Multiverse.

good thing is you will know the exact position of the planet for any point in time. its actually relatively easy to calculate the movement of celestial bodies with much accuracy

The Universe is also Expanding at an Insane Rate so we would have to Consider that as well.

Thanks a lot dark energy

only relative to everything else, which is also moving. You would become a fixed point and have to calculate from that. There is no other fixed point anywhere in detectable space. We can only guess at how fast or in what direction we are actually traveling.

the real question is... can you mentally time travel back in time? like only your concision mind can travel backwords

This factor makes Time Travel even more Impossible because everything in the past would be closer to the Singularity than the everything in the present.

Most nigger of the energy's

We would land in space every time... This shit requires Space Ships son

yeah, but i don't think it's possible to do it while being in your own universe.

Soon as uncle sam let that special cock get puglic wif da private sector shieet....youtube.com/watch?v=1_9IMZcbKHQ

Possible, but it won't make a difference. Since we never met a time traveller up to that point, then all time travel does is put you in a past that instantly starts deviating to its own alternative future... seeing how the original past did not have the time traveller in it.

No, Humans are messy as fuck.

If we had invented time travel we would leave trash. Somebody would have fucked up.

It's impossible or humanity kills it's self before we invent it.

Then you remember alliums never just warp on earth and alwayd shpw up on spaceships.....

Yeah, it would require an advanced FTL ship and plenty of open space to play with. And that's only assuming that FTL travel doesn't work like we think it might, where hundreds of years could pass while the ship is in FTL and the crew only experiences a few days.

or humanity are not dicks any more and actually have rules they follow

Did we just go from Time Travel to Space Travel... LOL Well it is called SpaceTime XD

I find that far more unlikely than time travel. lol

You can't have one without the other as we're always traveling through space. You go back in time, you have to go back to where we were then.

The short version is that you could open the possibilities a lot easier than physical travel, but the technology and processes to make it happen would be able to produce total thought control, and when someone develops that everything is fucked forever and time travel becomes irrelevant.

I think he meant into your own body. I don't see how jumping into someone else would ever work.

Gay

Would a consciousness transfer require total thought control?

Hello Cred Forums, I am a time traveler. I found out that if I just sit very still and wait I travel to the future... however I quickly discovered a terrifying problem. I am stuck in the future. No matter how hard I try, I can't get back to the time when I started waiting! PLEASE HALP!

That's the thing, is the various advances you'd need (full brainwave mapping, conversion of thought pattern to transmission, mapping brain signals over existing thought patterns, etc) would still produce the same effect, regardless of original intent.

I have no fucking clue what traveling back in time would need but to Travel through the Future is Simple actually... All you would have to do is lock yourself in a single point in Space (Zero Inertia) and let Time flow through and around you. Like planting your finger into a River and watching the Leaves float by. This would probably require Immortality to work though.

Yes, but we need to learn how to
Minipulate higher dimensions, which seems very far off. We are just a bunch of slightly less retarded apes

You can't because the energy of conciousness evolves with the flow of all the matter in the universe.

In other words, if we traveled back and forth in time, we'd either be brain dead, lose concioiusness, or just forget everythign we know and become a veg.

I don't even know if we'd be able to do that, because the bacteria in our bodies would have to survive as well.

I just made this hypothesis up for this thread.

Require? Not really.

But essentially, you'd have to overwrite the old data with the new data. And any advancement that can do that can be abused in the other manner.

You'd still have to apply them, and if you could only send a mind, you couldn't take the required equipment with you.

I don't see that would be any different than our present circumstances. Time would flow the same whether you are moving or sitting still.

Humankind will most likely go extinct way before something like that is made conceivable.

>energy of consciousness
Go back to /x/

Time is Relative to Motion... According to Einstein, the faster you move the slower time flows so the opposite would also work... The Slower you Move the Faster time Flows. If you can negate all motion... All forms of orbiting... and completely plant yourself in a single point in Space than Time should Flow Relative to the your Motion... If you are not moving AT ALL... Time may even reach Eternity.

So Jusain Bolt will die early?

My greater fear lies in whether we will even understand the thing we reside within.

We don't even really understand our own brains yet, not akin to the full science at which we can synthesize compounds (if at least on paper) instead of trying to hope it all into gold.

I don't think many a soul, nor many a mind, should ever have access to that kind of power. That, cause to cause to cause. Nonetheless... who stops the men who stop time? Who stops the machine, but the machine itself?

And if it chooses not to stop? Ever? Then worrying about what we do and don't understand in the future is all but void. We may as well all post our dicks in this thread. Besides, we already do time travel.

It's called dying.

Ya'll niggas be living in an alternate timeline already and you dont even know it! Thats thanks to me because I went back in time and convinced moot to create Cred Forums.
There is another you in a world of Cred Forums, its a nightmare! Just dropped by to tell you that!
Regards:Timedude

One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem in becoming your own father or mother that a broad-minded and well-adjusted family can't cope with. There is no problem with changing the course of history—the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. All the important changes have happened before the things they were supposed to change and it all sorts itself out in the end.

The major problem is simply one of grammar, and the main work to consult in this matter is Dr. Dan Streetmentioner's Time Traveler's Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations. It will tell you, for instance, how to describe something that was about to happen to you in the past before you avoided it by time-jumping forward two days in order to avoid it. The event will be descibed differently according to whether you are talking about it from the standpoint of your own natural time, from a time in the further future, or a time in the further past and is futher complicated by the possibility of conducting conversations while you are actually traveling from one time to another with the intention of becoming your own mother or father.

Most readers get as far as the Future Semiconditionally Modified Subinverted Plagal Past Subjunctive Intentional before giving up; and in fact in later aditions of the book all pages beyond this point have been left blank to save on printing costs.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy skips lightly over this tangle of academic abstraction, pausing only to note that the term "Future Perfect" has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be.

What's with the time travel threads? Is it because of all the media coming out this fall? Normies, every one of you.

Boring brain

There has been a US government time travel program since the 1940's and there are many whistleblowers that have come forward, including Andrew Basiago, Randy Kramer, and Laura Eisenhower (grandaughter of President Eisenhower). Check out their stories on Youtube.

If that was the case, then someone's obviously undone all of their work.

Otherwise, if the men behind the gaping maw are that incompetent, then I rest easy knowing nobody will ever shake hands with jetpack Hitler.

shut up faggot

>you'll shut up in about 70 years

lol nigga wtf i'm already 70 you stupid faggot
ill kill myself before i get past 100

Before we invent that we will make an ai that destroys humanity. It happens to erry civilization in the universe. It explains why we see no proof of other civilizations when we look up. I am from the future btw.

Idiot.

Why kill what you can keep? We will become the AI, or it will consume us.

I consumed yer mum m8.

I am from the future and op just becomes an even bigger faggot 1000 years from now

cant invent something that is already science. they proved it in the 70s bruv

This
earth and sun are moving so the time traveler may end up on the other side of the galaxy maybe it won't survive.

If only there were a beacon or a wormhole generator of some sort moving relative to the speed of the planet and the star it orbits around, which would be activated for a brief moment inside of the gravity well of the planet...

I don't know what you mean.

The result of "their" work has been a breakaway civilization. Elites are living totally different lives with totally different technology than regular people know of.

And as they started messing with time in the 1970's timelines became more and more fractured. Have you not noticed how weird reality keeps getting and less and less people remember the same histories.

I can travel precisely 1 second into the future each second

Which will all be undone, as I'm trying to suggest. To err is human, and some men would never settle for the moon, but would aim for the stars.

And fly too close to one of them.

Reality isn't getting any more weird. Nobody commonly even knows whether nature is perfect or downright "ugly".

Lame. I can travel 7 hours into the future every one second.

Yes, it's called "waiting".