How do I persuade my university to allow me to use steam? the university has a huge wifi system called "BBAO"...

How do I persuade my university to allow me to use steam? the university has a huge wifi system called "BBAO" . it blocks you from playing games. it blocks you to login steam, league of legends client, battle net etc.
and I am fucking bored without playing games on my steam, I would play them in offline mode but I didn't download them.
I am going to try to talk to this wifi staff and tell them I need steam for animation purposes, I am making short films on source filmmaker which I can only download it on steam.
so they will think I am not going to play games with it and make an exception for me.(I hope)
are they going to believe me?
any excuses for steam?
or is there another way to bypass this restriction?

VPN?

doesn't work

download the games at starbucks then play offline

Then don't go to uni.

Try using your phone as a hotspot

They block steam on Wi-Fi because it would eat up too much bandwidth.

If you are such a putz and playing online video games is more important to you than school, why not drop out of school and move back in your parents basement? You can get yourself a nice job down at the local McDonald's, and you might impress some of the 16-year-old girls with your gaming skills. You may end up not going anywhere in life, but at least you'll have your precious little video games.

You're literally living an opportunity that a lot of people won't get to experience in their life, and all you can think about is getting video games. Fuck you, faggot.

This^^

guys, I need a way to play games in this shitty dorm. my friends are all faggots that make me bored
I just need excuses I am also an electric engineer like all staff, so they can make an exception for me easily. I just don't have a strong excuse for them
Just give me ideas I can find a job whenever I want I am studying this uni because I want to study,

Then why don't you either go out and find friends that don't bore you, focus on your studies, or get the fuck out of the University and stop whining about needing gaming on the Wi-Fi.

fuck off you commie cunts. just because he's at school he can't play games?

Console games

He should not look for special exceptions like a transgender snowflake just because he wants to play video games online through the wifi

Why not?

there aren't any in this dorm. now can you fuck off of my board? I don't think I need an advice from you

College is (in theory) a time to better yourself mentally, physically, and socially. Staying inside playing video games is just pathetic when you've been given a great opportunity, but that's what we get for expecting a 19 year to act responsibly.

I second that.
Also
Spider-Man thread cause' fuck OP

Same in my school. Just got to use phone hotspot

Why does a vpn not work?

i'd say use TOR or some other VPN changer to bypass that filter, i used to do that all the time in college, they blocked litearally all the popular game domains, so i just used TOR to bypass that filter

SFM?

U fuckin gay shit, learn blender or buy 3ds max.

You can only connect with a 1 device at the time, and I registered my notebook. So I can't connect to it with my phone
when you use a vpn it blocks you to connect to wifi
explain more

Dubs says spidey stays

You can still do all of those things and play some video games to relax every once and awhile.

Idk why people in this thread are bashing on OP so hard.

Welp... Shit

Phone hotspot uses your phone's Internet. It does not act as a waypoint for normal wifi. Literally you are using your 3G or 4g when using it, and if your carrier feels like it they can charge you just for turning the hotspot on. Don't bother with it, they aren't very useful for heavy data transfer

Lol so stupid

pretty much this is what I wanted to say, but I couldn't
thanks
it is would be too expensive man, my operator charges me 15box for 2GB. I can't download a 30GB game with my phone internet
but what you are saying is seems ok for gaming

>when you use a vpn it blocks you to connect to wifi
The only way they would know you're using a vpn is if they crossreferenced the destination of your connections with a database of known VPN servers. It's very unlikely that they do this, so it seems more likely that you're not setting something up properly on your computer.

Maybe try one of those hotspot boxes that have actual unlimited data for 40 a month?
I do know they make hotspot boxes that are literally batteries with hotspots attached.
Dunno about pricing in your area or availability, just a thought.

>torrent the games you want to play

>go to local starbucks on free time
>download games there
>play at home

how is this hard?

Tell them the actual truth instead of lying like now.

Tell them you have no friends (why you're stuck in your dorm every day alone) and you want to have one fun way to pass the time. I'm sure one fellow frog man, like yourself, will be able to relate and exempt your ip.

Then maybe you can suck each others cocks as a form of gratitude like you'd enjoy so much.

Any thing else you need help with faggot?

op, do they also block rutracker/tpb/nyaa? if not, just torrent games bro

I tried bunch of different free VPNs they didn't work. what should I do?
when you don't have a Starbucks close to you in the city where you live
yeah, it is useless for me but thanks anyway
I have friends, but they aren't the same age as me. I am 26 and they've just started to uni so they are 19-20. That makes them boring to me.
they do bro

what kinda shitty communist state are you in you filthy nigger? why is everything blocked but Cred Forums?

dude, and the starbucks thing, just go to any place with free wifi and drain that shit.

4 years is a long time. I'm sure OP has plenty of time for both.

It's job prep/qualification gathering and nothing more and you fucking know it. The days of college's romantic view are over.

i use the ultrasurf extension add-on and the iron browser. seems to do the trick

Go to a party, faggot. Get laid!

Because you're being given a great opportunity, and you just want more. Get a fucking single player game, stop expecting the world to adapt to serve you.

>mfw there are people that think you can only either be social or a shut-in

you brainless mouthbreathers is why our society is going to shit

Cred Forums is blocked in my country as long as I remember, but there is some shady stuff is going on this uni's wifi. Some nasty sites are not blocked for some reason
and that makes me more curious. but I just want to play games in my free time man
tried 4 years ago, didn't go well

lol you faggot, just use vpn, all your internet traffic goes through a tunnel which is wrapped in nice headers and packets, they only feel as if you would use internet in a regular way.

>I tried bunch of different free VPNs they didn't work.
You could try a lesser-known paid vpn, it's possible that the ones you tried just didn't work or your school blocks them specifically.

Do you need to install anything from the school on your computer? Like a wifi connection software? Because that could easily detect a vpn

Walk, drive around, find open wifi, download, play

This
Don't make me feel like I need to do more, because of your social expectations ya cunt. College is (in theory) whatever the fuck I want to think it is.

nope, I didn't install anything for the wifi. I just sended a form to connect my notebook to uni's wifi from my browser. when you don't register your device to it, you can connect to it but you can't browse any sites, forexample when you try to go Cred Forums, it opens a form with the uni's name on it, you use your student number to register your device
I might buy a vpn for this though if it is going to work

Lrn2 networking fggt. The only way ur uni could block VPN would be if the had a list of the ips of public vpns. Tor or paid VPN should work.

>once and awhile
It's "once in a while" dipshit. Go back to school.

I can't say a paid vpn will work for sure because it sounds like your school has a really unusual system, but it's probably worth it to try a cheap trial