ITT: Games that are the best in their franchise

ITT: Games that are the best in their franchise.

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T-2YuPGYabw
youtube.com/watch?v=xraQMJHz-bw
bl2142.co/
youtube.com/watch?v=-aLOkTo3IpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Agreed. Oblivion (with Shivering Isles) was greatest and I still happily come back to it.
Anyway, here's my game

try enderal its way better

youtube.com/watch?v=T-2YuPGYabw

this game is the shit

>inb4 mah dota

This fucker over here

Also, pic related part was fucking terrible, only time ive been actually scared in a videogame (i was 13 and it was 4am when i played it tho)

in their franchise you dumb fuck. It's not "Battlefield vs CoD" but "CoD2 vs CoD3"

Best part of the regenerados is the music. I feel your 13yo self man

>Calls a Mod a Game

Try harder.

This post truly shows how dumb league cucks are, holy fuck kid kys. you're in the wrong thread.

why not "in genre" instead, dammit.

I thought enderall ran like shit tho

samefag?

if the mod is better then the game its worth mentioning

youtube.com/watch?v=xraQMJHz-bw
Soundtrack is immaculate.

Actually

nope im not

nah. but i was going to post Path of Exile before I realized it's not what OP wants.
was wondering if there are any other aRPGs worth trying now.

of course there's titan quest anniversary and grim dawn, but those are pretty much singleplayer.

one of reasons why Oblivion is better than Skyrim

stop fucking my head, faggots

agreed. Just got revived with new servers and shit and free to download ya know

no its fine. u should safe often because it sometimes crashes and it has a few bugs but its overall much better then skyrim or oblivion.
Not only the graphics and the new systems especially the story and the voice acting make it brilliant.

MY MOTEHR FUCKING NIGGER

I wonder why bethesda didn't remake Oblivion instead of skyrim.

Call of Duty 2

it would take too much effort because I guess they would have to make changes to the engine and with Skyrim they just did some bugfixes and added eyecandy effects

No

Ghost Recon future soldier

Agreed

Disagree. I think GT2 is probably the GOAT.

will it ever end?

Why so? GT4 was longer, had better physics, more cars, better graphics... Stop looking at games through "teh nostalgia prism".

Not him but that literally means nothing.

GTA V has better graphics and physics compared to GTA-SA... yet its worse and has less content.

that I can agree with.
although if we count RA as the part of the franchise, then RA2 wasn't bad either.

I agree with GTA comparision, but in a racing game which is trying to be as real as possible I think good physics are important, don't you think?

Is it actually active though? Mind pointing me in the right direction, last time I went searching for this information I found out there were like sixty something servers, with only one or two having a sole person in them.

FTFY

Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim

That's my opinion, anyway.

bruh

Skyrim was more popular with normies therefore it made more money and Todd has to get his shekels.

agreed. fuck OoT niggers.

nice triples. Also, why do you think Morrowind is so much better? I think it was too easy and got boring very fast as every quest looked the same.

But that's wrong, you retard.

what game is this user?

Yes, oblivion, by far. Especially the fixed PC-Version, the bugs were really the only problem, otherwise flawless game.

More people play skyrim over oblivion.
They would make as much money.

Yeeee MONICA

CaC 3: Tiberium Wars

When fags like you stop replying to it

I love morrowind for the mature approach to the fantastic world, the size (i mean the cultural size with all the content not physical size) of the world
agree to the fact that it bores today's gamer to no extent, but back in the day i dipped good 350 hours into it

>implying RA2 wasn't better in _every_ aspect.

I agree with all of these games listed (Y), for me San Andreas the best GTA.

My fucking nigga. You definitely aren't a busta

Tbh I think all three were great games but Morrowind has my favorite world. Both in terms of the atmosphere and the lore. It also had the best character system. It's gotten more dumbed down in each game since, although Oblivion definitely less so than Skyrim. Funny to me that you say it was too easy. None of these is particularly hard but Morrowind I thought holds the player's hand less.

I'm not "today's gamer". I played it back in 2004 I think and it wasn't that good then either. Also, stop looking at games through "teh nostalgia prism", as I said before in this thread.

Fucking definitely. GTA5 was great but San Andreas is GOAT.

Definitely is, played Nehrim as well, sadly they never made a subbed Version.
His Attempt was just too obvious.

How to tell if someone is stupid - the post.

Yeah for sure man, GTA 5 is close behind.

Every time I played it I had to crank up the difficulty bar to 100 and it still was too easy. I mean, if you're a moron with 15 blades skill then yeah, it will be hard to kill something if you can't even hit it once.

Trying to reason with someone with a League of Legends player's IQ in C U R R E N T Y E A R

Morrowind for sure.

I sank 200 hours into my main save and there was still a lot of places i hadnt discovered. The variety of environments, guilds, missions, enemies, magic... Incredible game, Oblivion and Skyrim simply cant compete.

I seriously hope that you just accidentally mistyped Vice City to San Andreas.

Please fuck off

Combat is the weakest part of all of the series, to be fair.

naaa :P for me personally it goes like this:

1. San Andreas
2. GTA 5
3. Vice City
4. GTA 4

Command & Conquer tiberium wars series, could be kanes wraith extension aswell.

shit opinions incoming

Looks about right.

sorry.
i didn't mean today's gamer like someone who started playing two years ago,
i mean in comparison to today's games (to a gamer who's seen the swift-flowing today's titles) morrowind is really bland.
Back in the day there was not that much of the context so it didn't appear that way.
also, this is a thread highly opinionated - you didn't like it back in 2004 - I loved it - we both are right about it being great and not so good a game - in each of our perspectives
Peace bro

shit opinion v2

Iunno man warcraft III was pretty goat.

Compared to fallout 4. I woud say new vegas was okay in hind sight for enemies and stuff

I think this one and F3 are the best.

I always though UG2 was waz overrated, the maps weren't as good.
The new Hot Pursuit is a close second.

I actually like NV, even though I really enjoyed FO3 and FO4.

in the 3 most recent titles i liked NV best cause my favorite aspect of an rpg is collecting garbage, and boy did new vegas have garbage to collect

here mate bl2142.co/

I thought I was the only one who prefers U1 over U2. But from the franchise I love Pro Street and U1 the most.

yeah...no. It goes 1,3,2,4. I didn't play the last one but the first Metal Gear will always be the best.

>too easy
>every quest the same
That's oblivion and skyrim

Anyone who doesn't think Morrowind is the best TES game hasn't played it or has piss poor taste in vidya.

that's what I liked in FO3. Ammunision was pretty hard to find and you actually had to look in containers and whatnot to find shit. In NV you just went to a shop and got thousands of bullets/guns and that doesn't feel much like a Wasteland to me

my man
this game was a masterpiece

I never realized but the on with the turbine is the same model as one in AOMythology

I never played NV because I thought 3 was meh, and one of the main reasons I thought 3 was meh is I spent entirely too much time for my liking rummaging through garbage.

I never got the Vice City hype, it was very limited and its cartoon graphics were meh.
GTA III was better than it, yet older.

ahh, finally somebody who agrees. Did you complete 100%?

>I'm underage, the post

Vice city>III>SanAndreas>V>>>>>the rest

Cod 4 modern warfare. Those were the real days. Not advanced shitfare

This game is shit.*
Fixed that for you, bud.

Fallout 3 is better than new vegas only for the fact that it came before. The story was a little darker and more interesting. New vegas took the good mods and added it for a more quirky story. Without 3 there was no NV.

stopped playing after this it was the asolute peak of wow

When I was last able to play it I was too young to actually put that much time into it, most I did was finish the basic events (all the beginner, expert, can't remember the third category stuff)

But them radio stations. And all the over-the-top cheesy shit like "Call me Martha"

It appears that you've posted the wrong picture.
You've mistakenly put an Oblivion picture up instead of the correct Morrowind picture.
It is okay, we all make mistakes. (But don't fucking do it again.)

Wrong. It's Fallout Tactics, followed by New Vegas.

You mean CODUO, right?

>The only people who could possibly disagree with me are children.
Lynch yourself.

III went fed

I am too casual for the games before FO3
they intimidate me

Wrong. Best TES game in the franchise.

DAGGERFALL

endurance. well I got 100% earlier this year, everything in A-Spec, even 24h events. Feels good man

I'm with you. Others all felt like a rehash. GT2 with two discs (that melt like a pitlane when you rubbed the top) and LOADS more cars was awesome.

It's okay. I am an old man and stuck in the past.

This one was VERY underrated, if you forget the dumb storyline at first this one may be the best FF ever made (and the longest as well, even with a guide it was extremely difficult to complete the game)

Tactical RPG perfection.

>underaged and Cred Forums

Ah you got me with it, i'd like to say VC is the GTA with the best music but SA has Lynyrd Skynyrd so...

Can't wait for the 4th one.

This was awesomeness OVERLOAD when I first played it. came free with a GPU. Spent so much time fucking about on that. very dated now sadly.

Kek I unironically played the living fuck out of Daggerfall when it came out. It was fucking amazing at the time. I'd never seen anything like it. But holy fuck the glitches. It would have to be unplayable now.

Not the user you were responding to, but I think GTA3 had the best music... Push it to the limit, babe

I was talking about the one with clubman cup in it not endurance
That is a feat for the ages, I got a lot closer in gt5 but there was also a lot less game in gt5

Not even close

>off by one

morrowind became lonely tho

that's exactly why I hate GT5 and GT6.. I think that's because now they can add features through online updates and back then you either got a complete game or nothing.
Also, Clubman Cup was in beginner hall. There were Beginner, Professional, Expert, Endurance and Special Conditions halls

god no

>not dragonfall

bruh

Do you like hurting other people?

We don't need that weeab shit in here.

Halo motherfucking 3

Is this arcade driving or simulation?

I've never played this game, but ive heard good things about it.

Is it good? i love hard games, and ive heard this one is pretty difficult

I still find it playable

:^( yeah

>implying you don't build for china

ah professional is what I meant, I swear I remember clubman cup being in there but I trust your word over my memory

It was an absolute fucking marvel when i first played it. 8 years old and a world of adventure in the palms of my hands.

I am a disgusting nostalgia faggot.

>Thinking Daggerfall is better than Arena
faggot

I disagree, if we're talking about franchise RE3 is best and personal best RE0. RE4 is in its own category (with shitty RE5&6)

All these kids who actually think Oblivion is better than Morrowind.

Perfect elder scroll buggy

you can't be trolling this badly, right?
RIGHT?

MW is best and anyone who says otherwise is a console fag

DF is also acceptable if you're an olfdag.

I feel old posting this
Played the entire series as they came out

this is still up and runing go play for free on ulitma good gms nice server i know a slut that plays there

well, my memory is shit too. I also think it was in Professional Hall and I mistaken the event with Beginner Cup somehow.

The first Witcher was comfy as fuck.

Agree, Modern Warfare was the best by far

I fucking hate this game... Wandering around the same tankers over and over and can't do back choke... plus story sucks ass

nobody posted this yet?

You don't have to

Now you're thinking with Portals. :^)

I was only 5 when arena came out.
Daggerfall was my first Elder Scrolls experience.
>:^)

agreed

Oh shit ,yes. World Party was also good, before it all turned to shit with 3D and all.

Motherfucker!

Fo2 then tactics then nv

and they did a fucking remake/rerelease for the shitty first game

Godly 3D RPG in 1994, you can not beat arena. You could even use magic to break floors and walls.

FO:T a shit.
A SHIT!

Oh my

The thing about this game was to not be taken seriously, the whole thing is a huge theatrical performance to turn Raiden into Snake.

POE best ARPG

Looks like the new one is gonna suck.

Please tell me you know this game

you goofed.

10/10

Nice pick.

8th style was so good
if you don't agree go poop and fart somewhere else

kek

Waiting for a Timesplitters Rewind remake. I'd probably be a god at it now, after all these years of CoD and Battlefield.

my man utIII was the best but it was doa because cowadooty was a thing.

playing this now got a 43 level necromancer still a good game people have gone to shit this guy in a free room got 4 nigma fagot dident share a single one was a better game when there was good players helping out the community

Still one of my favorite shooters of all time.

yes

D2 & LoD has the best story imho

I think it's gonna be a shit-tier Timesplitters but a good FPS game in general.

I still miss playing the original un-modded version of this game.

the second one was way better in almost every way

This shit right here.

This fucker over here

Agreed. I don't think this game is mentioned enough in the series. Very entertaining and had some decent maps.

except the music, which is paramount for a hotline miami game.

Don't hate me, but I actually liked a Link Between Worlds better. The combat and spells/items seemed all around better.

ya 1 and 2 where good 3 sucks

Comstock, you a busta.

i hear you can kill nignogs in that game

wrong, it is 2, but 3 is close.

halo 2 multiplayer was the peak of any gaming experience, nothing will compare.

Probably more unforgiving than hard. Fun game though that doesn't feel the need to spoon feed you.

Wait. What? GTA 4 was a game? But yeah. That's the order it should be

Hey settle down, ok?

Rumors have it that this is on sale at a certain pawn shop.

I was watching tb stream it a couple days ago. It looks pretty good

You misspelled "worst"

Jesus H. Fuck you need to learn to punctuate.

do you think a pawn shop whould have that ?

we should call and ask

Fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Do you like difficult games or artificially difficult games?

this game ruined my childhood. Fuck level 3, fuck it

OH what one i think we should call and ask about it

>posts best FPS
>gets trips
Fucking based.

bruh at least use periods stupid phone poster.

im really really sorry that you care and this matters to you i honestly advise geting a life

I recommend ds1 or 3 over 2 I just had more fun with 2
and for the series as a whole I definitely recommend, loads of fun

I think we need to.
+1702(How the fuck's this spam?) 385-7912

1. Jak and Daxter
2. Jak 3
3. Jak 2
Any other Jak games are Jak games.

your on Cred Forums an chu kare aboot gammmer ?

*aren't. I had 1 fucking job.

and here i was so sad i missed out on the first one hahaha

Dude, more of us care than you think. Periods are easy.

Now, Best games in their Genre... go.

If ever there was a vaild reason for a reboot this is it

In my opinion the soundtrack was one of the sequel's stronger aspects. It was varied, fast-paced and kept true to the original's tone and ambiance.

youtube.com/watch?v=-aLOkTo3IpU

just want to be able to read it without ruberbanding 15 times to figure that shit out.

ew mang i's surry pleaze 4 gib meh i will bestam self 4 you i doseing it meow

gee i share hop na one geets up sat with meh

jesus you need to use commas and periods. shit is hard to read.

best game ever. best kind of fun maps ever.

yeah it was fun playing online with build-anywhere hack and maphack, just build superweapons outside map or barracks inside enemy buildings and cap them LUL

i sorry mang here dose gease help

?

At least it wasn't a full-price game with ingame microtransactions.

Second this. It's rare for me to say anything but even though we're on a website for retards, halfway proper English is still appreciated. Or at least an effort.

YES! On a par with RA2

Agreed. Shotgun vs Sword fights were epic

jesus christ jesus christ maybe he cares about your grammer god i think there was a word for this

oh ya

NERD

with ya. 4 is free to play now though, just pre-Alpha.

chupe mi whevos, puhto.

as someone who was a vanilla baby, has played every xpac (except legion), and has played every previous xpac on private servers recently.

2 was great. 3 was just too weird.
>it's a kangaroo! His name's 'Roo!' Get it?
>c'mon Jim, nobody will buy that

idk man, i always thought american wasteland was way better

tank bebe mow depm in da ass

This. Gon be better than sid meiers

Morrowind is far better

I think Silent Hill 2 was not just "scarier" but just really "unnerving" and it played with a lot of very taboo things.

>see pic related, "Abstract Daddy"
Also, the last meeting with Angela on the staircase really is a good scene.

oh fuck no. vanilla baby my ass.

What I didn't like about AW was the story, it's corny as fuck, but the levels, mechanics and gameplay are definetely some of the best in the series

Played SORv5?

Fair point.

I have not.

i mean i wasnt knowledgeable of the game in vanilla, i think most of us wernt.

but i did have a full pre raid bos warlock on nostalrius before they shut it down.

>any borderlands
>good
I guess some people just love grinding infinitely for slightly better weapons for hours on end.

And while this is just a personal view, the art style is absolutely disgusting. I like the idea of a game with all hand-drawn.painted visuals, but only if the hand-drawing style isn't completely ugly and obnoxious.

ME2. It was Scifi noir without the mystery element.

I never grinded in any Borderlands game, I just enjoyed and went with whatever I got. Borderlands 2 with the weapons crate system was awesome.

>shitty story
>shitty combat system
ME1 was better.

1,2 and pre are good the worst of the 3 is pre but its still worth playing

and if you have a problem with my grammer just stop reading it stuiped

ma nigga

Patrician taste.

Not him but what made the game enjoyable for me was modifying the weapons with another program to get god tier weapons

Says the retard suggesting the worst game of all soulsborne titles, and not even the half-way passable sotfs edition.

Holy shit you're dumb.

Sorry faggots, but lineage 2 is the best game ever created.

>pre is worst of 3
>only reason anyone thought the first was good is because it was the first of it's kind
>BL1 is actually complete shit compared to the other 2

play skyrim?

I honestly can't decide whether I like the first or second better. I'd probably pick 2 if it weren't for the overuse of memes.

Skyrim gets too much undeserved hate

Motherfucker so much agree

>Implying Twilight Princess isn't the GOAT

check out skywind

It was popular with normies so of course Cred Forums shits on it.

AHEM

Have to disagree

>franchise
>dota
wut