Found this on the floor on a sidewalk... How do I know if it's real or fake? If it's real...

Found this on the floor on a sidewalk... How do I know if it's real or fake? If it's real, what's a rough estimate of its value?

no more than $10 resale

Take it to Rosenbaum's pawn shop. He will give you a honest evaluation and appraisal.

rub diamond across glass. if its real it'll scratch the glass.

Put it in your anus

Reroll

My wife lost her engagement ring and it was devastating. The memories attached to something like that go beyond worry.

If that's an engagement ring, which it looks like it is, someone is very upset right now.

Be a true man, hand it in to the nearest police station to where it was found.

it's not worth much in cash but to whoever lost it will want it back

that's a small ring but probably an important one... try to find the owner OP

Take it to a jeweller. They'll give you an estimate with no obligation.
Also, pawn shop.

Fuck no. I understand it maybe devastating... But those fucking cop pigs will probably keep it for themselves. I'm better off selling it lmao. Never would I give something like this to some Crooked fucking cops.

I didn't say this was a roll thread faggot

Its its real gold or real diamond?

>Rosenbaum's
*hand rubbing intensifies*

>The process to become an independent jewelry appraiser involves education, networking and certification.

1. Gain experience.
2. Take jewelry-appraisal courses.
3. Earn an appraisal certification.
4. Become a certified gemologist.
5. Earn additional certifications.
6. Join professional associations.
7. Go to a pawn shop, you fucking idiot.

Fuck is that

No, it doesn't work like that. You get a loss report number and a receipt. It's all documented. This isn't Africa ffs.

If the diamond is fake the most you'll get for the gold is like 50 bucks if its a high karat, probably alot less tho, if the diamond is real you're looking at good money

A floor is a floor; a sidewalk is a sidewalk

Make it one or the other

would someone waste the time to put a small fake in gold?
its real
but diamonds arnt worth shit, less second hand.
find the owner and give it back
you cant get more than $20 for gold

Peasant testing:

Gold should be stamped (if not, scratch a little to see if metal is under the paint, but I doubt just by picture it is genuine.)

Diamond paint, easy scratch over glass surface, diamond should leave scratch marks on glass.

Real gold has a stamp on the inside saying the how many kts. Also on the floor of the side walk? Wtf?