Why the fuck would you faggots pay for a shitty OS like Windows. Linux master race

Why the fuck would you faggots pay for a shitty OS like Windows. Linux master race.

BUT MUH VIDYA GAMES!
Useless fucks. Learn do do something useful.

Unless your job requires you to use Windows-only software, you have no excuse.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bvHE2Scq4Ms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bait

Of course I'm trying to stir up the hornets nest. Does it look like I'm trying to hide it?

>debian

Would you prefer a different flavor?

Which distro is stable?

>paying for windows

See the above image for the most stable distro.

Sorry your pussy hurts so much faggot.

>BUT MUH VIDYA GAMES
this. this is my reason..

Fuck you man, literally fuck you.

I tried, I really did, installed 2 different versions (handy linux and some ubuntu) None of them are able to make my wifi to work. I searched the web like never before, no solutions.

So fuck you, I'm better with a working OS.

is Linux also full of surveillance and privacy fucking like Windows? if it's more private i will gladly join the Linux master race. Just tired of corporate bullshit that spies on me jacking it

xubuntu is best for noobs imo

Not a bad point. Still no useful package management, shitty command line syntax (cmd.exe lol, fuck powershell), among other things. Microsoft fucks everything it touches. Visual C++ is ass, Microsoft Office is ass (TeX looks SO much better).

No. Depending on the distro, It's free as in beer and as in speech.

What about mint?

That's the one i tried, no drivers for wifi on my comp.

i don't mean to be rude but how do people still enjoy games? since i saw a bunch of fucktards doing let's plays reaction bullshit on jewtube i quit them..and i tried countless times to get back into gaming but just can't find the patience anymore..i just reinstalled oblivion yesterday, played 2 hours and quit..same thing happened to every game old or new that i try..i just want to do something other than writing code and jacking off

Probably need to install drivers and update your kernel. Had the problem on my laptop. Installed the Intel wifi drivers, turned out they were only supported for 3.7 and above or something. Just updated to 4.something. I really should know.

But I do use linux user-kun

can you recommend a noob-friendly distro? i will try others that are more "1337 hax -friendly" after i manage the first one

try linux mint 18

honestly ubuntu is where I started. I then experimented with arch and debian derivatives before settling on pure debian. It's all whatever you want.

it's really just a simple choice between having a life and obsessing over things like what OS you use. have fun with your choice, zitface.

thx fam. can't wait to join the Linux master race

reasons windows is better than linux:
1: It is easy as fuck to use.
2: It doesn't break because you update the fucking thing.
3: compatible with pretty much all hardware out there.
4: you don't have to be 1337 haxor to keep your system running smooth.

take up a sport you fat fuck

Ubuntu is a good starter distro. It's supported by Canonical, but that's really not a bad thing.

Debian, my personal preferred flavor, comes with only free, STABLE AS HELL packages available by default. You can always add non-free and other packages to your system afterwards. Nice thing about Debian is it just WORKS. It's purposely developed that way. Disadvantage? The stable releases are usually behind on new drivers and such. You can always get upstream stuff though.

When making the switch, Google and Stack Exchange are your friends.

If you wanna get good at linux, install it in a virtualbox first, and break it over and over until you understand kinda how it works. before you install it for real. Still reccomend you keep at least one computer with windows installed, or dualboot if you only have one computer.

Thats what I had thougth years a go before I had to use lanox for university

in fact, for all the points, the exact opposit is true

1. windows is way more problematic to use and control in detail. fewer tools installed

2. llenix never breaks because of updates. windows does, frequently

3. Lynex supports MORE hardware, 'cause the kernel never forget what he learned, windows does only support hardware for so long.

4. Ever tried to installed kind of easy-peasy thing like ubuntu?

oh god epick trole nic job dood

Only point 1 is valid. Want something that won't break? Use stable Debian. It's rare that Linux drivers aren't available for your hardware. Just Google it if it doesn't work at first ffs.

waiting for gnu copy pasta

> (OP)
I'm an engineering student. Especially for me, if I used Windows, I'd have less of a life. Shit's SO much harder to get stuff done on.

thank

Recent Linux convert here. Most of my games are pre 2004 so Wine's a bro. Besides that, I'm fine.

Back to your containment board, neckbeard!

i look like a spooky skeleton and weigh 60 kilos. that's just spooky fam
So, Ubuntu on a virtual machine and then for real. well, i'm off to install

Eh I can't speak for OS X, never used it. I'm sure I'd enjoy the BASH shell but how's package management? What are its limitations?

NOICE. I'm glad I've done a good thing today.

I've been using linux for the last 5 years, and recently switched to windows. I have never been more satisfied in my life.
>windows is way more problematic to use and control in detail.
I don't need to, I just need it to work.
>llenix never breaks because of updates. windows does, frequently
never experienced windows breaking because of an update.. that is the main reason i love this thing. Yes, linux does break because of updates, this is because of a combination between incompitent hobby programmers with a severe lack of cooperation skills, and a vast variety of hardware.
>Lynex supports MORE hardware, 'cause the kernel never forget what he learned, windows does only support hardware for so long.
yeah, natively it does. But those opensource drivers are what opensource software ususally is: absolute shit. The manufacturers of the hardware releases their own drivers for windows, and those driver don't just dissapear. It might be harder to find the drivers you need, but once you have them, they keep working as long as you need them to.
>Ever tried to installed kind of easy-peasy thing like ubuntu?
yes, its bloated as hell.

What were you using Linux for in the first place? It's rare to hear about somebody switching from Windows and then back to it after FIVE YEARS.

If there weren't so many programs that were WIN only, I would have switched 100% to linux

however, when I find a tool that was originally built for linux there is usually a win branch

I've had it with win10's and MS's shit though

My job require to use Windows-only system. Period.

>Just Google it if it doesn't work at first ffs.
and then keep googling, and keep googling, and keep trying shit, and trying shit for hours on end until you finally, maybe, get it to work. nothx, think I'll stick to just werks windows.

And that is fair.

Todd Howard ?

First I started off because I was interested, then it turned into being paranoid about the guberment, and not trusting (((microsoft))). And in the end I got tired of having to fuckle with every little thing to get it to work properly so I reverted to just werks. still use linux in virtual machines ofc.

I personally use debian as my OS of shoice, but it being stable its dependant.

Debian(beta):
Firmware and such up to date, but not allwise as stable, at times some aspects can become buggy

Debian(stable):
running smothly as expected but keep in mind some parts can be little out of date as security patches

fickle*

install gentoo

When I first switched my sound WOULD NOT WORK. I spent days trying to fix that shit. Caved and bought a sound card.

Turns out I didn't need to. It was because it was trying to output the audio over HDMI, I just had to tell it not to (I think, either way it was something stupid). Moral of the story?
Your problem, often times, isn't a Linux problem. It's a you problem.
Whether it be your experience or making stupid mistakes like blindly copying 'sudo do stuff' commands from stack exchange when you know better. Once you learn how to make your system work for you, it's supremely powerful.

How poor are you dude? I paid less than 10 bucks for Win 10 Pro. Don't tell me you can't afford that.

Thats the problem
There is basically no management
If the software needs to be installed using a package file and you dont get a uninstall script from anywhere you are basically fucked
But since you normally dont install any applications via a package file thats no problem
Applications usually just need to be downloaded and opened, most of the time you sort it into the designated "Application" folder
But other than that its like an enhanced, but different Linux

I whole heartedly agree.. but see nr.4:

Hm?

Not that much limitations shell is neat as it just as linux.

I do use Windows for work (Fucking VBA Access job)
I do use Linux for my studies cause it is the best way to learn things and get things done (IT Engineering)
I do use Mac on my laptop 'cause it's sweet to use and flexible

Why do peoples have to go on war for the OS they uses.

Point taken. Then again, I've had some issues where I look up a solution and see a bunch of Windows related threads because I forgot to add linux to the end of my query. Windows usually DOES work straight out of the box. But not always. It'd argue it's easier to fix a linux machine than a Windows machine in many cases. If there's a problem, I can do whatever I damn well please to fix it, and a lot of very intelligent people have developed very powerful tools to allow users like me to do so.

>VBA
I'm gonna puke.

>Why do peoples have to go on war for the OS they uses.
Because the best way to get a real discussion started around here is to piss people off. I actually don't give a shit.

Then again, here I am arguing the merit's of Windows versus Linux with so maybe I do care.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvHE2Scq4Ms

Trust me I needed that job because of my studies, but yeah VBA is basically shit in a bag

Seems neat. I'd never use it myself, but I can see the utility in an easy-to-use OS with the power of a native BASH shell.

The first part of your answer contradicts the second one.

Make up your mind, do you care or not?

you're right on that one. When windows does have a problem, it can be a real bitch to fix, but that is so rarely, and those problems are usually so insifnificant that it's not really a big deal. With linux, I got the feeling I had to constantly be fixing all sorts of issues here and there, and the issues I had were things related to graphicsdrivers, bootloaders, systemDick and such. And having only one computer, I can't really get much done while having to fix my damn bootloader now can I? so I went for just werks instead.
When I finally get off my NEET ass and get a job though, I might very well be getting a linux pc, because it certainly has a lot of positives as well.

Yeah I love it macOS is really nice, it's like linux but really easy to use (due to the small amount of hardware compatible)

See Unless you're talking about the VBA thing. I don't like the language. Excel macros are useful (the only area I've had/chosen to use VBA) but the means to the end are ugly IMO.

Word. My experience has been different so I feel the need to say otherwise.

My desktop has quite a bit of new hardware, most of which worked straight out of the box (built the system myself, not pre-built). In fact, the only thing that ACTUALLY wasn't working was my second ethernet port (first one worked fine). Once I got it up and running Ive had smooth sailing and a much better work flow for just about everything I need to do. I love it.

that sounds amazing, my experience has been endless frustration trying to get things to work right. i'm broke as shit, so I'm using a deicent but kinda low end laptop, and getting the thing to run linux properly has been a real pain in the ass from start to finish. I'm going to get a job (finally) in the forseeable future, so my relationship with linux might change at that time.

Ubuntu and Linux Mint. The rest are shit

Lol
>Paying for Windows
Just don't activate it faggot

>Debian
Xubuntu is king

>Just don't activate it faggot
>not using daz loader
kek

Stay hopeful my friend. Laptops just tend to be a bit more trouble with Linux. It'll come around. It always does. Working as a developer or just using Linux for the free aspect?

what is the difference between ubuntu, xubuntu, *buntu? Only the desktop?

for the free aspect. I love free stuff (ass in freedom), I'm just done shoting my self in the foot for it. when I can afford it, I'm thinking of going for qubes-os compatible hardware, so that when that becomes a viable operating system, I can switch without having to worry much.

as*

>been using ubuntu for the past 3 years
>no problem with it
>agree with OP, linux is pretty great
>great for tor browsing n shit

just dual boot you retard

Top lel

>implying i pay for windows
kek

>learn to do something useful
>post on Cred Forums

Im here and always thinking of switching to LINUX.
Im mostly doing stuff, where Windows isnt used pretty much.

But unfortunately, I still sometimes like to play VIDYA. And I also use (cracked) Windows Excel/Word/Powerpoint/etc.

Now my question:
Can I still use WIN Word/Excel/etc. with LINUX?
And is it possible to use an virtual machine with windows, to be still able to play Vidya?

Or should I install two OS on my pc? One for VIDYA, one for NOT Vidya?

Sorry, Im not that into pc`s.

Thanks in advance

at first i see the one with a chevrolet pickupand now this lotus.
what the fuck.

lotus
>lotus
fuckin triggered

well you could technically do it by using xen and using a linux VM for your linux needs, and a windows HVM with a dedicated graphics card for your vidya needs. but you would need the right hardware and knowledge to do it.

Have you seen how messy most of that open source shit is?

It's horrible. The Linux kernel is the definition of spaghetti code, and tools like fdisk... Complete shit.

You're from right?

if you want to into linux, you should start off with virtualbox.

I would just dual boot. Don't bother if you think you'll never actually use it.

Linux has free alternatives to all of those. I don't use either though, so I can't make a recommendation. If you like professional looking documents/slides. Use LaTeX instead of Word./PowerPoint. If you want someting more powerful than excel. Learn Python (or R I guess, but really Python's the best for that).

nope, I just know stuff.. good at everything, best at nothing

I run a duel OS linux for browsing and widows for games

> The Linux kernel is the definition of spaghetti code
Lol. Don't expect to understand the entirety of the kernel source code.

Microsoft's Visual C++ API is the worst shit I've ever seen. Open source software does not have a monopoly on unreadable, badly designed software.

>BUT MUH VIDYA GAMES!
>2016
>enjoying anything
>be a sad fuck like me
linux is only free if your own time is worth nothing

Linux saves time for developers. Let's say I want to install some library for Python on Windows. Okay, since Python actually does a good job of providing a working package manager for python libraries on windows I'll open cmd.exe and try to install it.

> pip install mypackage
> fails

Shit, it's not in the package index. Now I have to go to the git repo or whatever, download the zip, run setup.py (hopefully, even then it will probably fail because of some other dependancy) or do whatever the readme says.

On Linux? When it fails I can probably just do this.

> sudo apt-get install python-mypackage

It'll probably work. Otherwise, grab the git repo. If the setup.py script fails on linux, I can much more easily fix the problems with a few BASH commands.

Linux is good.

>Fickle
>changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.

Excuse me?

>for developers
see this is where you need to take a step back, you already have the answer. most people arent devs and cba to deal with learning to use the terminal commands etc. go back to your boring as IT job and make sure my facebook games run smoothly you sad fuck

Using linux mint daily on my laptop.
BASH is really a great script language, easy and convenient.
Use another Desktop pc with a great GC and windows. Stream the game to my laptop using steam streaming in-home

> sudo apt-get
> linux good

lmao you may as well be using windows you fucking virgin

Have fun spending your free time playing facebook games. It's clearly more valuable than mine since I use Linux.

Other than that, have you ever tried Linux? I think you'll find that you almost never have to use the terminal UNLESS you're a developer. That is, after your system is set up for you already. There are plenty of places to buy already working computers with Ubuntu installed and ready for you.

How does that follow from 'sudo apt-get'? The 'may as well be using Windows' part. The virgin part is obvious since we're both on Cred Forums.

>having one PC in 2016
I got 2 laptops with arch and kali Linux
and a PC with win 8.1
rest is all shit
...well debian is ok but for normies

the fuck you need kali Linux for?
you hacking pentagon?

Requires effort to learn code and nothing I could do with Linux that I can't do with windows for what I need it for.

>give me one reason a average person should bother with Linux apart from trying to "hack"

> apart from trying to "hack"
Yeah man, all us hackers are hacking on Linux. Why would the average person need to 'hack'?

Reasons:
- Security. It's just more secure.
- Depending on the definition of 'average', you'll be hard-pressed to find effective malware that actually harms a Linux machine. Most 'average' people I know aren't retarded enough to get a virus in 2016 though.
- Free.
- Free. (the other kind)
- Do you trust Microsoft? I mean it's probably fine, but still.
- Acting superior to plebs on Cred Forums.

>compatible with pretty much all hardware out there

>Vista

Apple is the same just less access

All I know about Linux is you need to know code to use it and it's a open source network os and script kids refer to it being easier to access networks and "hack" or what ever you want to call ot

>i5 8gb ram
>debian stable
>lxde
what do you do what the processor freezes from inactivity?

>slackware
oldfag detected

You don't need to know how to code to use it. Worst case you need to know how to copy and paste BASH commands into the terminal to fix your problems (not a problem if it's preinstalled by Dell for instance). Sure BASH is technically a programming language, but nobody 'programs' in bash.

Linux is not a network OS. Linux isn't even an OS. Linux is an open source kernel (minimal thing to make a computer do stuff). Windows has a kernel too. OS's are built on top of the Linux kernel. Whether or not it lands on a desktop, or a router, or whatever, is up to the end user.

Dev's often times prefer Linux because it provides tools for them that Windows just plain doesn't. I can't tell you mush about script kids, hackers are effectively a myth if you ask me.

>BASH is really a great script language
No it is horrible. It is a shell language and should not be used for much. Perl, Python, ruby, lisp, tcl... Those are way better than BASH.

Fedora and RedHat are stable too, i actually prefer Fedora over Ubuntu though.

WHO THE FUCK PAYS FOR WINDOWS?!

House builders

U cheeky cunt

>windows 7

OS X is built on top of Unix....SO EAT THAT, YOU HO'!

>Debian
>Not using the Arch Master Distro

Op is a tremendous faggot. I bet he uses Ubuntu and just says he uses Debian.

Linux Mint.

I got windows 7 from piratebay, along with full office, adobe illustrator and ps. Am i still a fag?

No user, op is the fag in this scenario.

>drivers
>excessive permissions
>limited software
>buggy open source software
>bash option flags

I'm a hardware tech and I only deal with windows. The software i use is mostly windows only.

Rasbian actually.

f*** the box, m e a n stack, angular, node, express, these r worthy. the box is like w/e.

> n deal w/ popups the rest of ur life, cmon, get real. so much bullsh*t to save a few bucks.

>games
>WHY DO WE PLAY THEM
what is so amusing about games?
It can't be fun,no.
Maybe we're all just mentally disabled cucks like OP but instead of kissing linux's and nigger boots,we prefer games for NO reason at all.
Certainly not because of competition,amusement or interaction with others! NO,man. I play games so i can concentrate on something else instead of thinking about how much of a lifeless husk i am,NOT because i want to have fun,THAT'S CRAZY TALK MAN. OF COURSE,because YOU don't have fun with any games anymore and because all games are stupid and boring now IN YOUR opinion we should all stop playing games forever and start sucking nigger cock and acting like traps,making cuck threads on Cred Forums just like OP.