> Amazing job & career
> 28 y/o

Got concussion
> Brain damage
> Lost ability to think/focus. Disabled on a lot of classic things
> Living on welfare. Loser for life now

Comfort me, Cred Forums

Anyone..?

I'm not kidding. Anyone else got experience with this horrible thing?

If you were that smart you wouldnt consider yourself a loser for life becuse you live on welfare, consider you have a brain damage. Dickhead./Fellow Mensa member.

Hit yourself again, but harder
Most retards I see seem pretty happy

Atleast you wern't born with mental problems like me, you got to be normal for 28 years

I'd hardly call that better
Its like if you ate shit all your life and didn't know anything was better
But he ate some delicious chocolate, and now has to eat shit for the rest of his life

do you think you are the soul of a wolf stuck in human form? do you finish your words with nyan? is your gender mayonaise?

You got to reconsider your views on life, seriously. Stand on and adapt to your new life.Will be hard, but humans are resilients

Time to play music and write programs for fun with the little amount I can focus! That's how I like to imagine i'd approach it. Living on welfare seems like it would take some of the pressure off because you can take all the time you need to craft whatever it is you're going to want to do for the rest of your life. Life is a good thing, just being able to check comsciously experience our surroundings is cool. You can still do that, which is more than most of the universe can do. (Not trying to be preachy, just sharing the stuff I was thinking about after getting hit by a car and laid up for a month last year)

It taught me a lot of sympathy with people like you.

And yeah, the memory of the taste of that chocolate really hurts. But I am grateful for the experiences I got to have.

Thanks dude. Honestly, it cheers me up (a little).

And my profession was also as a programmer.

Did you have any trouble looking at a screen, when you got your concussion?

Thanks for the words. Adapting both soothens and scares me

You were given a chance, you put yourself in the situation that caused the TBI, I never got that chance

It was frustrating because of the opioids which might have been a bit analogous to an attention problem, I would have thought I wanted to do bigger projects but because of the sedation I couldn't seem to get motivated to stick with things. I think if I'd have had a year maybe i'd have figured it out, I just had lots of broken bones, no head trauma fortunately (a guy ran a red light while I was on a motor scooter crossing an intersection and I flew across his hood and onto the pavement) ...

ah, ok. At least I can be happy for you, that your brain was intact. I can appreciate that fact.

But yeah, being that heavily sedated can not be fun

>Right there with you , user, I had A+, Network + and Security + certs, I had a decent job as an IT administrator, The nI had a spontaneous brain henorhage, wife stuck around for a little over 2 years, then took off with my 3 year old son, Can't drive anymore, Lost all sexual function, can't even fap

You'll do it. Sometimes you might be really down, but let the storm pass...

Hey OP,

My dad was attacked a year ago and left for dead, suffered a serious TBI and now has a titanium plate keeping his brain protected. It gets better dude, dad is 1 year into his recovery and is now able to live independently but struggles with the same symptoms you do. The younger you are the better your recovery - Just keep challenging yourself, you'll look back and see just how far you've come.

I couldn't stay interested in complicated tv shows either, I started watching lots of old situation comedies and started downloading tv scripts and studying how people write them. Nothing came of it before I was able to return to work and got too jay to pursue personal projects, but it was interesting to me how I had to change the scope or maybe change the focus of what I wanted to do, in order to stay interested and engaged. But I enjoyed the experience for the chance to see a different part of myself and see that maybe I could find a way forward even if my circumstances changed drastically. Finding a way to stay positive and interested in the word seemed like the most important thing. But sometimes, during opioid tapering I would get horribly depressed, and it was super frustrating because I knew I didn't want to feel that way, and the drugs were probably causing it, but I still get like shit and and like everything sucked and I couldn't do anything. I'm glad it wasn't all like that, cause depression is just so debilitating.

i know your pain OP..I'm slowly becoming an idiot and I don't know why..It's just that I notice a slow descent into stupidity and short attention span and I just can't find a logical cause for it other than stress and depression. Can't believe how fragile the brain is and how I took it for granted...

Yeah, that strikes my sympathy instantly. Sorry to hear, bro.

but what I often think is that I never got to have kids, it came too soon for me. You can appreciate, that you made offspring

Happened to a professor my friend had who was an anthropilogist. One day she discovered she'd forgoften how to do basic math, so she saw a doctor. Turned out to be brain parasites, they were able to treat them fortunately, but she still had to recover. Was never quite the same I think, but my friend had her long after that and she was her favorite professor of all time. They built a boat together out of logs in an indigenous style and sailed it to South America together I think.

I'm 28 ive had concussions in sports from a young age. last few months ive been having sharp pains in my head around the injury impact points.
well I feel fucking great now. left eye is a bit grayed out. Otherwise ive "healed" my brain damage took over a decade I mean the colours in my mind are back. the emotions are still faded but I'm a human being again.
I aint a real cheery guy but shit happens at least you didn't die

It's going to get better. I was hospitalized for a month with a basal skull fracture and a subcranial brain hemorrhage. I think just like I used to. I have have since spent 6 years doing rotory wing aircraft maintenance for a living, and now I am a second year full time accounting student with a 4.0 gpa. I'm not bragging, just letting you know to give it time. Eat right, exercise, read, and NO ALCOHOL.

that's just scary I'm sorry...the thing is I never experienced any sudden loss of memory/abitities, it's something slow that happened since I was 19. now 24 and feel like I notice a huge difference especially in social skills and numbers. Other areas are still fine..Maybe it's just my imagination or some pessimism because i don't think it's possible at my age to happen

I used to teach community college, and there were quite a few brain damaged people. It was pretty sad. I don't have a lot good to say about brain damage, dude. Those kids struggled for what they achieved, and it wasn't going to do them any good. I think my wife has brain damage. There's a new legal thing out called noopept that works on repairing some kinds of brain damage. You might check that out. It did wonders for my wife who probably has drug brain damage. Get it from powdercity.com and buy some ALCAR with it.

I have read all of your answers thoroughly. Thanks a lot guys. I'm too exhausted to answer in detail (because of - yes, the brain damage), but I could have said a lot.

/OP

Brains do change and they need work to stay sharp in the ways that you want. The guy who says exercise, reading, and no alcohol is probably right. I gotta cut back on my alcohol intake, it really fucks up my ability to hold large problems in my head.

Last poster here. My phone caused that double wording, not my brain injuries.

Pleasure to hear from you and get to interact a little. Best of luck user!

i quit drinking because it made me depressed and aggressive. it just brings out the worst in some people, even if when you start it there is no apparent problem..but after a few months of abuse you can notice some nasty effects

Was it toxoplasmosis?

No, I think it was some kind of fluke worm, but I'm not 100% sure. She picked it up in the Amazon.

It doesn't affect me that way, but it's beginning to have a longer term impact that I really need to deal with and drop the addiction.