I am enlightened, AMA

I am enlightened, AMA

All phenomena are empty of an essential essence. Although this is true, when we fall into nihilistic views we increase our suffering.

So what to do?

It is Buddha Mind that imbues base and empty sensation with meaning. The Buddha Mind is none other than your own Original Mind.

But if Buddha Mind is your own Original Mind why have you not become enlightened?

Language, Cred Forums, and even your own thoughts and conceptions are a kind of game that we play. However because you become attached to your ideas and conceptions, you fall into delusion and increase your suffering.

The enlightened Mind is No Mind and No Self. If you were not deluded by your own conceptions you would attain enlightened mind the moment you aroused the desire.

Really there is Nothing to attain. This is the way to the end of suffering.

Or maybe you're just a lazy piece of shit.

Maybe a little laziness is part of your nature. But what is wrong with lazy?

The true way does not distinguish good from bad.

How many stages of samadhi are there?

Lets put aside the number of stages of samadhi for a moment. Samadhi is not like a room. There is no door to enter. So how will you get in?

This is Zen, not Hinayana motherfucker!

So basically, being selfish is bad.
There is a more of less logical solution for any problem.
But since we're usually preoccupied with acting in our own interest, we act in a selfish way, making us feel bad about ourselves for being selfish and irrational?
Enlightenment is a state at which we're able to perceive and act upon your surrounding without a subjective bias?

it is not that acting in your own self interests is bad or good for that matter. the reality is that compassion is part of your nature, and if you act selfishly you may feel guilt, and anxiety. you might act badly to relive your suffering by defending your ego, etc. These sorts of chains of painful sensation is suffering.

How many times have the Clintons and the Trumps been on Epstein's island and plane?

I bet they're fucking on the side while Bill watches. This whole campaign is a big excuse to build up the sexual tension.

Not any self motivated act is bad, but they tend to be skewed in their reasoning.
Other than that, I think we mostly agree.
> do something bad
> feel bad about it
> try to justify it
> can't really/subconscious knows better
> feel shitty about it

>All phenomena are empty of an essential essence.
That conclusion w/o explainaition, abandon thread

All phenomena are empty of a self nature because they are inherently dependent on all other phenomena. existence precedes essence.

Add

> Obsessively figure out the pattern, rather than doing something to break the cycle

>abandon thread

Don't let me stop you!

ve to recheck if you mean actio reactio. and as it seems - i think dissolving everything into energy is a way of not drifting into meta. Maybe because then an existing "thing" is the same as what it does.

*which means i do not disagree.
still abandon because 530

>The enlightened Mind is No Mind and No Self.
>No Self
>I am enlightened,
>I

youve lost the plot, kid

You appear to think a lot. Have you considered trying to focus more?

haha yeah. so you got any advice for me?

Who is enlightened?

never.
focus is imo happiness while doing sth
also believe in keeping the thoughts loose

Books are good objects of focus! Perhaps you should read one of those! :|

> also believe in keeping the thoughts loose

I like to keep my mind like a big empty room, with sun shining through tall windows.

enjoy the illusion of existence and maybe try to make it enjoyable for others as well

Fuck off Zenyatta.

I shood.

>I like to keep my mind like a big empty room, with sun shining through tall windows.

Good advice! You know the old bodhis would walk into hell to save the sentient beings there. If I could just be more like them...

Oh look! A Buddha!

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

Putting aside the question of real vs. unreal, what is the function of eyes and mirrors?

What will you do having now awoken?

You're right, but all I had to do to figure that out was eating some fucking mushrooms, you buddhafag

'does'
Eye does take ray and rustles some jimmies, mirror just redirects.
Do you think unreal things exist outside our minds?

The same things I did before mostly. AW is good but I prefer the classics. Linji, Foyan, Mumon, all great.

People who eat mushrooms like to make it into something else. I applaud your fidelity to reality.

Mirrors and eyes help us to see. Zen is about seeing our original nature, rather than knowing or thinking it.

Yeah, in all seriousness I feel like enlightenment can be attained a lot of ways, psychedelic drugs happen to be one of the easiest for a lot of folks.

I think there is at least one mirror unseen.
poor lil

psychedelic drugs can be interesting sources of insight, but only insofar as they demonstrate something about the nature of mind. unfortunately people get caught up in the content of the trip and in doing so become deluded.

When my candle blew out I searched for a new flame.
The dream for me, was much more comforting than the waking nightmare I brought myself into.
Watts was my introduction to Buddhism. Although I have not read up on the scholars you listed, I'm sure I know their lessons.
I will still explore them.

They say that if you polish it properly it becomes bright and clear. But there is no mirror. You may as well polish a brick.

The Gateless Gate is a classic collection of public cases. Its free online. Start there.

This is a pretty self-centered state. Sry no cozy Horizon here.

So how was your awakening experience?

Mine involved 15 years of agony as I figured things out on my own and I made/my mind came to balance. Did you have a teacher? Wish I had one.

The trance and energy reaction in my brain was pretty interesting. Felt massive release and bliss. After was massively jarring experience having my view collapse and having to adjust. Ego went out of control, felt 24 years of repressed delusion hit me all at once since I was a life long skeptic before then. But I manage to abide by the Truth and control myself. Hbu?

Even in the throes of post-experience I was aware that there is more, uhhh, "Enlightening" to go through. That's what saved me.

Yeah, I agree. For people who are aware of that can have great benefit from them.

The moment you have states you have constructs of mind.

Are they emotions?

I realized that I had fundamentally never been the being that suffers, but because I was deluded, I became attached to my suffering. Then thinking that I was free from suffering I caused myself to suffer deeply lol.

But I relate to suffering differently now, and as the days go by I suffer less and less.

emotions are constructs of sensation, but that word does not refer to a state necessarily. equanimity is a state for example.

>But if Buddha Mind is your own Original Mind why have you not become enlightened?
it was xenu

Me too, user

Moderate benefit perhaps. but you don't need them for insight, and they can become a distraction.

Sweet pic. I like the western mystery themes.

You still haven't really answered my question though.
What does an enlightened persons do? How will you use your Buddha mind having realized it?

they sit underneath tress and die on crosses any more questions

Remember that Buddha Mind is Original Mind. Now what would you have me do?

But only if there is a need to. Where is the dis-ease?

what do you mean by dis-ease?

So basically there is no meaning or purpose to anything in life because that shit was conceived after life came to be?

Buddhism and Christianity are medicine. What is the disease that sitting under a tree or dying on a cross can cure?

and there are no needs you dont need anything you dont need food you dont need water you dont need to live you want all of those things

meaning and purpose are created by the discriminating mind. discriminate wisely.

There are needs. What need does dying on a cross address?

Mkay i think every "thought" gets led by emotion but also believe mankind is not able to elaborate yet. epiphany relates of course

sry times running hf
also time to read every book ever written = ?

>you're enlighted
Why would someone like that go to a chinese cartoon discussion forum for delusioned young men?

Mostly what is necessary.
Ease the suffering in the world. Because in doing so, you ease the suffering within yourself.
It's a futile effort. But entirely necessary.

Well if existence inherently has no essence, how can I not fall into nihilistic thinking, knowing that basically everything is pointless

Where do you get the motivation to continiue your existence, physically?
Why do you post here?

ohhh i see well the answer is it doesnt cure anything the path is one each individual must go through on the inside *there is no space more powerful then another *there is no being more spiritual than another*there is no thing more divine than another* there is no tool or technique that accelerates the unfoldment of consciousness* anything on the outside that is said to help you only helps if it brings you to the inner path you will not find anything on the outside that will bring out whats within you

How do we defeat ISIS?

How would you act, if you got caught by ISIS to be their latest torture trophy on video?

What is the ultimate meaning of the universe?

What is truth?

Who are you?

What should I do?

What is real?

Naturally! That is my nature.

There are points. They are created by your own Mind. They are like a finger pointing to the moon.

>How do we defeat ISIS?

Well, when you realize they're a three letter theater group spinoff of our own creation, it kinda takes care of itself

holy shit you're a faggot. Go find some friends you chuuni cunt

better delusional young men then the old that are stuck in their ways no

>what is the ultimate meaning of the universe
Meaning was a concept thought up my humans after evolving over millions of years from single cell organisms, there is no meaning to this shit, it's all random fucking chance

I pmsl! (Pee'd myself laughing) Caught me totally off guard. How do you 'like' or 'upvote' a comment on here?

I do not teach with external objects.

Today it is warm,
The sky is clear,
I don't have anything to do.

>Epstein's island and plane

tfw no monthly pass

I think people process and make out different things out of Enlightenment so I'll tell you from my experience.

First I think I should clarify what "Enlightenment" entails. Initial enlightenment clears (not end) up that horrible psychological/noise (thought stream, usually negative) suffering people live with and wipes out the sense of purposelessness/meaninglessness depressed people go around in. So what I am trying to say you don't become some magic person like people perceive Buddha and Jesus to be. It's more like you take an immature person who is very sensitive about everything and egotistical and compare them to a mature older person who is self-confident without reaching arrogance, doesn't get caught up in competitive rat race of life to be better than others and kind of goes with the flow easier (wu wei).
But it goes beyond typical mature person, is that I am more aware that people are slaves/children to that side of human nature and I am constantly watching my state of mind and working on it to keep from going into the bad mind. I'm aware that there is almost a spectrum of "awareness" or "consciousness" and people can, and this is important, move up and down it but typically stay in a certain spot. For example, you take someone with descent awareness can and you can clearly spot someone who is getting caught up in culture or religion and it's making them blind and sheeple. But this awareness is very nuanced because I can spot the person who can spot the obvious religious sheep as a sheep but a slightly more aware sheep. This is not to say being higher is necessarily better because there can be people who are more aware but still be bad and take advantage of the sheep. The world needs all kinds of people to function.

Now to answer your second question. Well I am aware that there is more to Enlightenment beyond the initial breakthrough. So I am trying to follow a path of sorts I believe will lead to further progress and finding a spiritualmaster

If you were truly enlightened, you would not post about it here.

checkmate

>the meaning of the universe is to experience division of a singular consciousness spread threw trillions of ("souls") in spacetime in order to achieve a better understanding of what we are unified almost like looking at yourself through a mirror its hard to judge yourself when you are one single entity so that entity was split and was given a space to experience (space-time) compared to the natural habitat of the entity consciousness in (non-space non-time)

You are just fine as you are.

Marchov bot?

> The world is chaotic and absurd and so are you.

>you would attain enlightened mind the moment you aroused the desire

That seems paradoxical, as the Buddha said: "You suffer because you desire". You desire enlightenment, the moment you do this you're making sure you won't attain it. Just like with meditation, people hope for beneficial effects from it; the moment you decide you meditate to gain something, you're not meditating because you're not living in the eternal now, but rather in a hypothetical construct of the future - which is a vikalpa/a concept or an abstraction and not reality.

how would you know

Welcome to hell. Let's you and me save the sentient beings here.

No.

>How do we defeat ISIS?
send all muslims to any one location and let them fuck goats in peace
>How would you act, if you got caught by ISIS to be their latest torture trophy on video?
scream out memes until the bitter end
>What is the ultimate meaning of the universe?
There is no meaning, things happen because causality
>What is truth?
OP is a fag
>Who are you?
not OP
>What should I do?
fap like crazy
>What is real?
nothing is real, everything is permitted

the world is what you perceive it to be you cannot choose the perceptions of others nor can you act like because you perceive it in one way that that is the only way it can be perceived

I also like Hinayana Buddhism. It has a way of being very conceptually clear. Zen is not always like that.

yes

I see. You're suffering is real. As human beings we all suffer. But you can find your way out.

what?

This is mumons method. concentrate every fiber of your being on this one word No. This is his gate. Pass through into a brilliant and clear light.

I don't have a "perfect mind" I just peeked behind the curtains, and so the illusion is spoiled for me. I think my big mistake was seeing the show for what it is before I cleared up that horrible chatter. It took me a couple years, but I'm now farther from that terrible place I was at.

there is no tool or technique that accelerates the unfoldment of consciousness

and yes

And in fact there is no goal to accelerate towards.

indeed

>What is truth?
OP is a fag
>Who are you?
not OP
>What should I do?
fap like crazy

got it

I would probably, if someone were to ask me, define myself as an atheist. However Zen Buddhism has a lot of interesting approaches to very generic problems. I like it for the reason that if you study Zen, you don't have to trust an authority, the whole thing bases on the kind of experiences you personally make. In that sense I think that you can't put Zen in a row with the common religions, because Zen is basically Buddhism minus religion.
So no, I definitely am not a Hinayana Buddhist, I wouldn't even call myself a Zen Buddhist as putting such a label on oneself seems to contradict the very basics of Zen. However, my personal life philosophy could probably be described as Zen as I borrow many of the ideas that one can find in the scriptures.

I agree about the part that the universe could be considered as one big consciousness. However, I do not think that we have a purpose as specific as what you've described. I can see though how you've come to that theory, considering we live in a culture that is largely influenced by the abrahamic religions (Christianity/Judaism/Islam...) which essentially claims that everything that exists has a specific meaning as *god* has created everything for a purpose.
I think you should try to realize this and back away from the idea that the world is thought-out construct. Those ideas are essentially wishful thinking, hoping that some sort of father figure watches over us and takes care that everything works out in a way that has been pre-determined. That is not reality, it is a childish way of seeing the world and the idea should not be entertained by someone who may claim the slightest hint of intellect for themselves.

Just my $0.02, do with it what you wish.