What's a good first job Cred Forums?

What's a good first job Cred Forums?
What did you do? Where are you now?
I've applied at pic related,any experiences?
Some info:
18/M/Palmdale,CA

My first job was watering greens on a golf course. It was easy and chill. I do IT now.

I'll see if there's anything like that around here.
Thanks.

My first job was actually at Target when I was 17. I was a cashier. Worked there for a year and a half. Got fired once they realized I was giving deep discounts to friends.

Many retail jobs will be hiring for seasonal help. If you perform well enough they'll keep you on after the holiday season. That's what happened for me at Target.

Good luck I think they're automated nowadays. This was back around 97

started in an electronics store in an airport . after five years joined an airline as a baggage handler to get my foot in the door. im now working in aircraft engineering

That's what I was thinking too. Any tips? Well besides giving out too many hookups.

Did you have to do a lot of college for that?
Or any at all?
Mind sharing yearly pay?

Either get lucky and be chosen for an interview or know somebody that already works there. My mom knew one of the managers so I got a chance to interview. That part was really simple. Just had to make sure I passed the drug test.

For sure m9, got an OLD friend that works there. I'll try and ask her.

I washed dishes in a big kitchen when I was in high school. Was a pretty shit job but you're coworkers will be a lot of different sorts of people. If you like drugs you will find plenty of connections working in the restaurant industry. Pretty good first job helped me learn how to talk to attractive women. I currently do residential contracting.

Thanks!

>looking to get a job
>Palmdale CA
Got some bad news for you user

Am I fucked 4lyfe?

I worked at McDs when I was 14. Job was shit but really did teach me a lot, looking back.
What are you passionate about? Don't just get any job. Find something to get excited about.

zero college, im a drop out. i did all my training before starting work. it took about 3 weeks, it may sound short but its very intense and you have to be re tested every year. everything is done by the manual and there are regular visits from the civil aviation authority to check your competency to work on aircraft. salary is just short of £30k with overtime and unsocial hours pay.
if you want to earn serious money as a technician or licenced engineer, it can take up to 10 years, requires numerous theory, practical and oral exams and 5 years experience as a technician. but you can earn over £100k

Not that user, but there is a way to fix it

You know, this guy works at Fresenius Medical Care now as a PCT at a Dialysis clinic.

fast food

We love our palmdale don't we folks?

Oh look at me a drop out and I vote for Hillary, good job you mastered the retard stage now you can hang yourself

I like exercise, computers, obviously, and building bikes, I'd work at a bike shop but I haven't seen any hiring ads from any around here.

Thanks for all the info. I've never been great at math so I don't think a licensed tech. is a go for me.

Moving? College?

Interesting info.

Thinking about it.

no problem bro, all the best

started in retail
sucks
went to banking
sucks
went to collections
sucked
quit
went to college
transfered to university
graduated with a STEM degree
no jobs...

busboy, prostitute, gas station attendee, live-in girlfriend, courier, drug dealer, dry cleaning assistant

Wut?

Really? A lot of anons say they clear 100K easy a year with STEM degrees. Where they all trolling, or did the positions all get over saturated?

Thinking about applying for UPS, a lot of anons say drivers get good money.
Maybe do the drug stuff if nothing works out.

Self bump.

you probably have to pass a drug test to get on with UPS though. just sayin

Haven't smoked in about three months, I think I'm good.

yeah you're fine. sounds like a great opportunity, so don't fuck it up

>I do IT now.

Do you enjoy your work? Is the pay good?

I'll do my absolute best Cred Forumsro. Thnaks for great suggestions.

Who are ye?
Stuck in a similar situation?

>>Who are ye?
Somebody pursuing a CIT major.
>>Stuck in a similar situation?
I plan to, or something related.

bumpino

I started off cleaning bathrooms at a hotel, with a lot of clever networking and getting prior manager fired I worked my way up to managing the hotel. Quit and now I work for a "too big to fail" bank doing online tech support for high dollar business clients. 27 y/o now started working at 22, some college, no degree.

i used to work at target. what positiion did you apply for user?

I did odd jobs as a kid.

Worked with my hands as a teenager.

Joined military after fucking up academic scholarship...

Retired and on disability at 25.

Going back to school to get paid from the neck up. Unsure if I can hold a job.

Divorce pending, child support, cheating on girlfriend who I'm cheating on wife with...

Do lots of fishing... living the dream!

I'm 18 and joined a trade show union which is basically setting up events at convention centers such as comic con, army shows, and more. I make $20.55 an hour starting out and get a raise in 3 years and ill start making ~$30.00 an hour.

Get on a construction crew or something.

Started off waiting tables at an independent living retirement home.

Husband and I are co-managers now. We love the work.

First job was lube tech at a Mr tire. Now I make low 6 figures as fleet mechanic for state police.

How do the elderly take to gays?

I was applying for hotels too, thanks for some tips.

Cashier or cart pushing.

So, don't do what you did?

I've gone every year to comic con. Should I start as a volunteer and then apply, or apply right off the bat?

My mom used to work at one of those as a RN, maybe I'll try it, thanks.

Any college/trade school you had to do?
Was it covered by the job?
Thnaks in advance.

What highschool did you go to? Also from palmdale ca.

>Retired and on disability at 25.

kek, POS

PHS, you?

I applied right off the bat and got the job. They pretty much hire anyone from what I've experienced. May be different where you live though.

Thanks, sounds pretty fun.

Oh your a eastside fag. I went to highland. Graduated in 2010 Not living there anymore. Had to leave that place. Good luck to you

Thanks, best to you too, user.

Something that you absolutely hate, that has shit pay. I say this because it will motivate you do learn something and not be a schmuck that will end up doing that job your entire life.

I worked as a cashier at a department store. I was young, 16, still in high school. Not terribly hard work, minimum wage, but I knew I couldn't do this for life. What scared me the most was that people were 30-40+ years older than me completely fine with making shit pay.

In line with everything I've said I think your first job is great, learn more and you will look back on that job 5 years from now and laugh.

I'm now 24, and a desktop engineer.

24/M/Harrison, NJ

My first job was a supermarket, now I work for a retail department store.
The department store is better, but retail is retail, currently working on getting an entry level IT job

if you get the job at target, try to see if you can be moved to a backroom position. i enjoyed it alot more than having to deal with customers all day. you just pull the product that needs to be stocked back on the floor every couple hours. it also pays more than the cashier or cart pusher. or if you are a night owl, maybe find a third shift position. they generally pay a little more than daytime positions.

Thanks for great motivation.

Thanks for some tips.

I've applied for night-shift cashier/cart pusher, nothing in the back was available, but I'll check again. Thanks.