Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-VKGhqIl4Gw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It fucks up the drywall

/Thread

Because an AR-15 is a stupid choice for home defense.

That is like asking why someone doesn't own a limousine to go to 7-11 for a Slurpee.

You are a huge dumbass, OP, and you should feel bad about it.

>high capacity
>high velocity
>rounds fragment in drywall
>lightweight
>easily customizable

actually an AR is pretty much the gold standard for home defense, especially paired with a suppressor

Because I live in a small apartment with a cramped hallway outside of my door and paper thin walls. Really, I think a good shotgun would probably do better for me.

I like pic related, and it's in an acceptable price range for me, but I want to save up and get a pistol in 9mm so I can shoot in production class.

Because a SCAR is better

What ammo are you using? 00 buckshot penetrates more walls than 55 grain 5.56 ya know

>7.62 for HD

yeah...no. Also the black scars are gay as fuck, ya done fucked up not going with FDE

This is HD for now, gonna SBR something small in the future and throw a can on it

this. OP's quandary separates those who think they know about guns from those who really do.

Welcome to the know club, friend.

He could've gotten the SCAR-16 which is 5.56...

I'd probably go with some smaller shot than 00, but that's really more of a question for after I have said shotgun.

What would you guys recommend?

>heavy
>retardedly expensive
>still not as accurate as a good AR
>proprietary parts and magazines
>boot

That one nots mine, this one is mine.

Shotguns.

Oh, and you all are fat greasy faggots because I said so.

>lighter than all the but the lightest .308 ARs, lighter recoiling than all but the heaviest
>Make more money and its not an issue
>MOA accurate is good to the range of .308
>Five companies make mags, aftermarket is only rivaled by AR
>Boot is literally the most comfortable stock on an autoloader.

Get some real complaints

Faggot? Yes. Greasy? Sometimes. Fat? Oh no you didn't...

I do, but an Ar is just about the worst home defense gun. Buy a 12 gage.

because i own an SKS

heavier round. bigger bang. built in bayonet. heavy and solid. integral magazine that can be loaded instantly with stripper clips (which are legal to keep preloaded, whereas detachable mags are not in my area)
powerful enough to being down larger animals as well.

plus ammo is cheaper than 9mm here and comes in crates of like 1200 rounds
It is the best home defense weapon for my particular area

I'm talking about the SCAR light, you dufas.
A similar priced AR is MUCH better than a SCAR. Period. Making more money has nothing to do with it. Spending your money wisely does.

Because I live in a trailer park and nobody is coming to kill me. Nobody cares about my existence. Including my country. Why would I defend something that would rather see me dead?

Bad idea really. Your average idiot will claim that shotguns have such a big spread that you just point it and there's no way to miss. That's bullshit. The spread is not that big. Maybe the size of a quarter at most from across a long hallway in the average size house. Like others said, AR rounds fragment on impact. Shot does not, and so it continues on through the dry wall, endangering people in other rooms, in the next apartment over, outside, etc. That said, I prefer pistols for home defense due to size.

Care to explain how an AR is better than a SCAR 16?
ARs are fine, boring as fuck, but fine.

Do you have long arms? I'm trying to imagine reaching all the way out to that vert grip and seems like it would be very uncomfortable.

6'4" mustardrace

You can't afford one anyway.

Because I live in a densely populated urban area and have exposed brick all over the damn place, 5.56 would either bounce around or over penetrate. I still have ARs, but a pistol is my home defense choice.

I mean I'm 6'8" and it just still seems like it's a mile down the barrel. Maybe it's just way it looks in a picture.

Because no full auto

I could though. What I save on living expenses I can put towards frivolous purchases.

Because its now illegal to buy them in my state

Tacti-coooool

Because I'm not Tony Montana with rooms the size of football fields.

cuz im not rich. ima stick to my old trusty glock

That is, if you hit your target. An inexperienced shooter has a better chance of hitting an intruder with a shot gun,in my opinion making it safer. That being said, I have a 9mm on my dresser loaded with very low grain hallow points.

I don't own an AR 15 because I own a Tavor SAR. Infinitely superior weapon.

I'd rather use it for shooting up schools

Hopefully getting an AR10 before the end of the year. Already have several reliable handguns for various purposes including HD and when I'm out and about.

I use dynamite for home defense.

>
>
>>high capacity
>>high velocity
>>rounds fragment in drywall
>>lightweight
>>easily customizable
>
>actually an AR is pretty much the gold standard for home defense, especially paired with a suppressor
> especially paired with suppressor
>suppressor
Why the fuck would you need a suppressor for home defense

Ugg boot rifle.

I have these, but my go to for home defense is an M&P9c.

You ever fire a gun indoors without earpro?

Bird shot or salt shot.
Bird shit will kill
Salt shot will make them wish they are dead
If you want a laugh, get flech rounds. They wont penetrate a heavy jacket, but it will absolute fuck up a nigga in a shirt

Because I already have an AK and a Glock 26, and ARs are getting fucking expensive.
Probably gonna go way up in price after November, too.

If you're talking about shotguns themselves:

Budget: Stevens 350 pump
Entry level: Remington 870
Mid range: Mossberg 590 or equivalent Benelli
Money is no object: Pancor Jackhammer

If you're talking about ammunition choice, I read an interesting article by Chuck Hawks recommending No.4 Buckshot to use as a defensive round in an apartment setting, striking a balance between stopping power and overpenetration of pellets through walls.

Why dont you own a suppressor?

Checking this madmans dubs

Bunch of fuckwits

>pancor jackhammer
Nigga there are 3 of them in the world. Literally. 3. Check out forgotten weapons youtube video on it. Its the most recognizable shotgun never made

youtu.be/-VKGhqIl4Gw

I was wondering if anyone would catch my slipping that in there.

This is a bait thread.

That machine will help equip me to defend what is mine, but it is a bad choice for home defense if you are in the home. The .223 or 5.56 will penetrate the walls in your home in a similar way that I penetrated your mom last week.

That means your brother will be killed either by your mom's choice to abort little bro, or by hitting him in the next room by accident.

You won't go to jail for one of those actions though.

Knives are inanimate objects. They don't cut tomoatoes. People do. Most use knives. Some use other utensils.

My nigga. Forgotten weapons is truly the best gun channel. Hk45 is a close second.

I cut tomatoes with a circular saw

Did it hit a nerve? You just had to reply

McDonald's Cheese burger of guns

I fuck em with my cock until I get salsa. Creamy salsa.

I cut tomatoes with an AR-15 because I'm an NRA gun hugging fag

The only thing I hug is my mom. On every major holiday, her birthday, and when I come to visit.

I use a hack saw.

Never any other day, cause hugging my mother too much would make me a sissy faggot nancy boy

You madman

Better question:
Why doesn't everyone have a suppressor?

Cause I don't live around nig-nogs or shitskins

what u people forget is that e.g. a knife is a tool primarily made for cutting and other utility stuff, that may be also used for killing. remind me again what the single purpose of a projectile weapon is?
it makes a difference because projectile weapons make killing ridiculously easy. and so that argument is just invalid

You need to stop drinking for tonight

Cause the nra said i cant be making them out of human skulls anymore, and that makes me sad

Because I'm not a fucking pussy

>Knives were primarily for cutting food
No, actually they were made for killing

i do, i just prefer my saiga .223 with magpull furniture and my 870 express magnum with MG buckshot ;)

abortion isn't the same as shooting someone. how fucking stupid are you????

Canada. He's talking about Canada. I figured it out. That's his area. Canada.

if you are talking about ancient times you are wrong. with a knife u have to get close, which is dangerous if ur target is able to defend fiercely, so spears and bows were used for that. and in modern times, guess what the purpose of a knife is? and im talking about regular knifes, no tech military knives or daggers.

Abortion makes killing ridiculously easy. Ban that first if you want to save lives, it kills many more people than guns.

I'm in college. They generally frown on guns here.

shitty english laws

will be getting myself a raifu (probably a nugget or a lee enfield) when i move out, maybe a pistol if i go through with my move to northern ireland because they're legal there, shame I can't own semi automatic rifles though :(

I own 4, 2 complete and 2 stripped lowers.....

it kills unborn, undeveloped life. in most cases before first brain activity.
stop directing the argument away from the topic

Murder is murder. Would you prefer I smother you, shoot you, beat you, strangle you, or stab you? Take your pick.

bird shot is retarded, won't reliably penetrate human flesh.

and a strawman is a strawman. must feel really bad to don't have a proper argument.

mawp...mawp...mawp...mawp

You should have been killed with a pair of forceps through the skull before you were born. Then I wouldn't have to argue with you, and Mommy wouldn't cop a murder charge. It would be a win-win.

Pure sex

lousy, pathetic, fundamentalist weakmind

>ban fully telescoping assault spears
>no one needs a knife with a 4 foot handle! Only murderers use assault knives!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>to don't have a proper argument.

kek come back and talk to me when you learn how to english

Totally dig your acog

Why do I need one to do so?
Can't I just buy a handgun? What's the difference?

Because it's expensive.

Because the AR-15 is a gun that the military uses! It was automatic, and could easily shoot bullets up to 200 bpm! Every school shooter uses one, and I don't like how scary the black handle is.

fundamentalist? kek do your homework, buddy. you don't want to get in trouble at school tomorrow, do you?

oh no a little grammar error with a not native language at 5 am in the morning. totally makes my argument invalid.
just out of curiousity do you speak any language besides 'murican?

Because I can bump fire a 30 round mag out of my sks

Because my Glock .40 and Remington semi-auto 12 gauge are more than enough. Probably better for the situation as well.

Because if anyone comes into my house or tries to harm my family, I'll roundhouse their ass!!!!!

I don't want to pay the government a $200 fuck you tax and register it

then don't. buy it anyways

getting sloppy there mr ATF

Not worth getting caught over friend

Also nice honeypot, you'd like that wouldn't you?