What does Cred Forums think of Shinola watches? Should I buy one from Costco for $500.00 USD?

What does Cred Forums think of Shinola watches? Should I buy one from Costco for $500.00 USD?

Other urls found in this thread:

watchitallabout.com/
4archive.org/board/fa/thread/10577893#p10607048
youtu.be/I0m5dewpnHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This one. Runwell

Costco? $500? No fucking way

Is it a good watch?

It looks nice but I don't know if it's worth 500

No watch fags on tonight?

watchitallabout.com/

This is a great blog about inexpensive watches with a lot of value.

Shinola is crap made by niggers.

I heard it's a glorified fossil watch

Shinola is overpriced for what you get. And they are made by niggers.

In detroit?

Only if you want everyone to know you have more money than common sense. Seriously, who spends that kinda money on a mechanical timepiece?

Everyone at the trailer park will know how much money you have if you buy that at Costco.

It's actually a quarts movement

it's china shit. you can get more reliable watches for 1/5th of that price. has no name recognition either

Kek, don't live in a trailer park user

That's what I thought. Thanks I'm thinking of getting an Orient Mako

Shinola watches are shit, especially considering how much they charge for them, and I live in metro Detroit so everyone buys them simply for the whole "built in Detroit" motto. My uncle has two and on one, the links in the bracelet came loose, and on the other one, similar to that one in the picture, the crown fell off. If you're into the whole classic American style, you could probably pick up a Hamilton for less than 500 and with a Swiss made movement. Shinola sources Chinese parts and assembles them in Detroit then sells them to stupid people who buy their marketing ploy, simple as that.

>tfw you wear a clock strapped to your wrist

inb4 "its a fashion accessory"
Keep peacocking for other people slave.

Why you asking me? I dont know shit from shinola

That just means it uses a quartz oscillator to drive the gears rather than a mechanical escapement. It's still a mainly mechanical device.

Thanks user

I like them, cool watches to come out of Detroit, though I will say I believe they are a Japanese movement.
Ps breitling navitimer checking in

You are welcome,
Checkd

The clock is inconsequential user.
Its just male jewellery.

Check out the Chrysler website. I work at a dealership and theyou have some Mopar themed ones that look really good.

They have like 3 of them at Costco. I saw them today and was thinkind get of buying one. Thanks Cred Forumstards. I'm going to do some research before I buy another watch

>millennial detected

Midrange watches don't make sense.

That $500 Detroit watch is on equal status standing with any cheap Seiko. Plus a Seiko is probably better made.

Either buy a functional under $100 Seiko, or buy a status symbol Swiss watch.

This

What about a Tissot visodate?

Old fogey, unless you have a very expensive watch, its stupid to have one. Pull out an expensive phone, people notice
>Cough applefags cough
But a 50 and 500 dollar watch are the same entities

Anything under $1000 is all personal preference in my opinion.

It's a $50 watch. It's ok, just not $500 ok

>pebble time round
>sleek and stylish design
>connects to android and apple devices
>new watch faces and apps constantly developed

Join the 21st century

Fuck no, Apple products suck ass.

I didn't say any Swiss watch, I said status symbol. I.E. Omega or Rolex etc...

Either go all out, or get a nice Seiko, and save your money. Tissot isn't a that recognizable of a brand to most people, if you have to explain "oh it's made in Switzerland," if anyone asks, then what is the point?

This is a badass watch

I agree user, but people buy them as status symbols. They are retarded, but it works on the level of a rolex watch. Brand recognition, ability to pay more for a product not worth it

Nothing to do with being a millennial, gramps, everything to do with not being a slave to an obsolete fashion.

Don't buy that over priced garbage

>500$ that's a lot of weed

I'd much rather wear an omega than a gay ass apple phone

>a slave to obsolete fashion
I bet your gay ass waits in line every time apple release a "new" phone

Showing off wealth is akin to painting a target on your head. What sort of attention do you think that garners? What sort of people are you trying to attract? These are the questions you should be asking yourself.

Then you should realize that you are trying to please others, and in doing so are displaying your own insecurities. Don't be a slave to others. Think for yourself.

Nope. Gotta break that type of thought bro. Don't be a slave.

Rolex master race checking in

I wanted a Shinila and then I read up on them. I liked the fact that they are American made and they do look nice. But then I watched their own video where they admit it's just American assembled, not completely American made. $200 might be justified, but not $500. If they made them 100% in the US, I would gladly pay that $500 or more.

Nigga i dont buy apple products or watches. Im just explaining some shit. People buy apple to impress their fag friends. People buys watches to impress their elderly neighbors. I just sit in a dark windowless room, looking at trap threads with pizza grease on my pants

See

top quality. one of the best watches a man can buy

watches are so 2006

Nigga we be waiting fo u outside.

>Master race

Sheeeeit my bad, I thought you were defending the act of peacocking.

We are of the same tribe. Good day, sir.

This is true. A buddy of mine got his ass beat by 3 African American negros and they stole his wallet and his watch

Checking in.

$500 Quartz trash, if on a budget get an Orient automatic or a Hamilton automatic.

I wouldnt waste money on that shit but thats just me

They're not as expensive as people think they are unless you're going for the high-end models. A used date-just like the one he's wearing is about $2,000 and a used Air-King (basically a date-just without a date) is about $1,500.

>this

Im also interested. Can any watch fags help us out? How's Orients quality?

And you can always get your money back if shit hits the fan

Rolex is like buying big diamonds, a status symbol ... otherwise they aren't any different from any good quality watch.

What a bunch of shit watches.
This is what you faggots should aspire to own.

They are 180 on ebay right now. ORIENT MAKO automatic. It's all in house Japanese

Kek, don't have that kind of cash user

Funny thing, most people don't even know how much a watch costs or the brands. People usually think Rolex it the top watch maker, when in reality they're budget luxury, when thinking high end you go to A.Lange, Patek, Vacheron, etc.

Funny thing is a lot of acquaintances thought my Daytona is a $1,000 watch when in reality it's $30,000. I didn't bother to correct them.

But if you're wondering, we wear them because they look good to us, feel free to go around with your iPhone to look at the time, it's your choice but you're a retard if you think of watches as peacocking, some do, but most don't.

It's sad you think like this, but you can't cure stupid.

So do you, fag

Just copped pic related

Spent 50 bucks and looks better than all the shit ITT

I do user, I do.

K

This

are you a man wearing leggings?

Pic related. It's you in cartoon form.

>no timepost
dropped

Ratw my watch , what do you guys think about

Show me yours I'll show you mine.

>still no real timestamp

bitch, please

Decent for everyday wear.

Just a breitling fag but I'd like to see a stamp too

Cool time stamp bro...

4archive.org/board/fa/thread/10577893#p10607048

nice try

Bitch don't you know who am I?
I'm the original poster of that pic.
>>I'm the watch collector

Solid time stamp you have there
It's cool if you can't afford those watches but you're only kidding yourself.

paneri is nice but they seem to big for my tastes. currently have a Datejust, Speedmaster Professional, and a Hamilton Khaki

Nice paneria

Panerai* sorry

If i wore watches i would buy the Stauer 1930.

If your friends are impressed by an iphone, just wait you're old enough to drive!

But sheer luck, I happen to be wearing one of those right now.

Thanks

>thanks
Implying I should have believed a stranger in Cred Forums, kek

>But a 50 and 500 dollar watch are the same entities

>mfw toys and real watches are the same thing

But I will say very nice collection user

Thanks.
Although that's just like 15% of my entire collection

What's your favorite?

Torn between my Lange, my Journe and a very, very old vintage.

any watch over $50 is a waste of money and people only buy them as a status symbol because they lack personality

>poor people rant
You funny pleb.

Tissot or Hamilton for $500.

But i'd rather have an Orient for less.

If not Orient, then Seiko.
It not Seiko, then Citizen or Bulova.

No Chinese fashion watches!

says the faggot wearing leggings

Orient is a subsidiary of Seiko

>spending $500
>on a useless, gaudy status symbol

this is literally nigger-tier behavior.

Nice man, if you don't mind my asking, what do you do?

I didn't know that. Back when I was really into watches, I think they were separate.

Either way, Orient has some pretty unique designs. I don't love the Mako, but I love this one.

I'm a lawyer. In fact, I normally post as L'Avvocato in other boards.
This pic is also mine
but I didn't upload it right now.
Lots of anons post in in every watch thread now. Kek

If it doesn't has Water Resist written in it, its worthless.

Its another "I need to validate myself through useless outward displays of wealth because I'm insecure and think like a nigger" thread

That must be a vintage one. I've never seen it before

Nice, sorry for doubting your watches.

That's ok m8.
This is Cred Forums after all. I'm here writing decently about watches and I'm also making jokes about raping hookers in other thread. Kek

Do you have a collection of your own?? I don't care at all if it's expensive or not, I just love to save watch collection pics.

>glance at my wrist
>fish for my phone, bring out of standby, examine screen, put back into standby, replace in pocket

A wristclock seems like a good idea to me

I love the randomness that Cred Forums brings out in people
I have a breitling navitimer 01 and an oldish longines.

I'm at the bar currently so I don't have pic on me, do you browse far much?

/Fa/ much *

I'm happy with mah movado museum thank you very much

I use to browse /fa/ a lot, but now I barely go there. Now I browse Cred Forums mostly, and you now, Cred Forums obviously.

Lol well now I feel like a douche not being able to show you a pic of my watches

It takes a whole second to check the time on your phone. At least be honest about it. You want a wrist watch because you want to show off something flashy. Same reason niggers buy Jordans.

You can always take it later and posted in the watch thread on Cred Forums. There's almost always one.

Another of my watches.
>1959 Omega

Will do, bar closes in an hour!

One of mine
>dont know what it is, grandfather gave it and never explained

Sounds great. I'll check it later.

>another of my watches

>and never explained
kek

I have an Audemars Piguet 15400 and it is by far the greatest item I've ever purchased
>pic related (not my pic, same watch)

>no timestamp
dropped

has Alzheimers, he couldn't if he tried

Nice anons, do you have others?

this was meant to you
>he couldn't if he tried
Said gramps Tyrone

Lol a fag

Naw, I'm a poorfag

Currently my only watch. I'm looking into maybe getting a GMT-Master II. What about you user?

I'm pretty jealous kek, I would like to check out your entire collection.

Only a faggot would buy a quartz movement watch and think it is something. Only real men with taste wear vintage automatic watches.

this. Quartz = poor and disgusting

i don't think you know shit from shinola

>What about you user?
>I would like to check out your entire collection.

It's about 50 different pieces right now. Some quite cheap and some woth more than 30k each. I never have it with me, as it is in a bank's vault that I visit 2-3 times a week.
It's worth about $600,000 usd right now.

I love losing 5 seconds a day when a 30 cent Chinese watch keeps better time

>forgot to post other of my wacthes

you obviously don't know shit from shinola..

Are you a Chicago lawyer?

I had a Pulsar watch, one of them with 4 little watches inside or whatever, showing date and month and sun/moon etc. I left it for repairs 3 times, then I threw it away, never had one since. What's the best watch for someone with an extremely violent job?

nop
I work in NY, but I'm not american.

Very nice.

Hahah you didn't answer my question my dude.
>AP owner here

apple watch

sorry
What was it?

You a trader?

confirmed

so, quads are faggots now

Any watches you looking at right now? Also, what do you think of the GMT-Master II

My first automatic watch. I'm really liking it. The NATO strap is comfy

>built in detroit
I rather be gangraped by the kkk than having something made in detroit

>trader
Nop
Mainly human rights affairs, although I did worked for an oil company first.

>what do you think of the GMT-Master II
Not bad, Rolex DNA all over it, If you like it, go for it. From the modern pieces I much prefer the Milgauss (that I own) and the steel bezel Daytona

>Any watches you looking at right now?
Lots. A Roger Dubuis or a Laurent Ferrier will probbly be my next purchase.

Good stuff my man. How do you go about feeding your addiction? Haha

Thank you for clarifying who you were

>run well

Sounds right on par with Timex

>Japanese movement

I don't even know what insult to use here.

>do you have to wind your watch? Oh no, it's Japanese movement. Every hour or so it cries in shame and winds itself

>dear user, nice folex

Just a cheaper movement, why spend a lot of money on something with cheap insides

Any Speedmasters? Daytona pandas?

Steinhart fans?

Folex indeed. Look at the date numbers under the cyclops. Also, that Reese's- pieces bezel tho

Did not know Rolex had lines of ugly watches. Why would you buy a diver watch that you'd be retarded to dive with??

post some automatic chronographs pls.

youtu.be/I0m5dewpnHI

Bulgari

I heard they're pretty comparable to shit

how many mm across is the sawtooth bezel

Kinda surprised to be the first one to call him out in a watch thread.

>How do you go about feeding your addiction?
I work my ass off.
But I do quite well I guess.
I also collect pens, art, old books, antiques. I love photograpy as a hobbie and I try to travel to an exotic place at least once a year. Last year I visited India for a month, and this year I'm going to Ethiopia, Kenia and a couple other african countries.
>Me in Jantar Mantar

pic related

Some of us work in highly restricted environments, in which mobile phones are not permitted, but precision timekeeping is absolutely essential.

Lookit your wee little arms!

42mm face?

Haha yeah. I saw the picture earlier but decided to let it slide... That was until I saw your comment

>little arms
I was taking the pic with a pro camera and a 35mm lens. It's called optical illusion. Look it up son.

dubs thread.

(u)

honorable mention

hmmmm. i kind of want a watch now. where should i start?

fossil

yep
>another pic

>I was taking a picture of me wearing a watch to instagram my super interesting life

Get friends, kid.

Citizen or seiko

Buy a Hamilton

Fossil is shit.
For a begginer, Seiko or Citizen at least.

Nice, looks 42mm as well?

someday....

These guys know what they're talking about.

>Get friends, kid.
Muh clever response
Pic related, you.

>the ones without insane huge nigger faces actually look nice with a suit and are cheap enough you don't really care about them being sort of accurate

I think fossil is good entry level.

Seiko automatic

unless you're quite well off...

then Hamilton/Steinhart/stowa etc. are nice beginners (if you don't want to immediately step up to a Philippe Patek/Rolex/Omega etc.

All I want is a functional digital watch with week numbers and as many functions as possible. The Casio G-7710 is an amazing watch if you dont give a flying fuck about style and just want a great watch.

>someday....
It's one of the more affordable watches I own, you could grab a good preowned one ofr about 3k. Not that impossible m8.
Good luck

But at 35mm and full frame, there should be minimal lens distortion.... It's not wide enough. Even on a smaller frame camera it'd only bump it up to 55mm-ish, and that'd just be a zoom...

>read a book, son

Yeah, totally not me just mimicking the intelligence of your previous post.

Stupid snob.

Notworthimage.jpeg

+ 1

pebble time is the best smartwatch ever

>I think fossil is good entry level.
Cheer up. People have been more mistaken before.
Still, Fossil is shit.

thanks bro

where are all the smart watches. I really want the fenix 3 hr but its gigantic.

>Stupid snob.
>Notworthimage.jpeg

In warehouse electronic outlets where that shit belongs

Underrated post.

Young fags won't get the reference...

>watching a snob prove how stupid they are
>priceless

Whenever you get it, post it on Cred Forums
And fuck some bitches to celebrate.

So get a $10 Timex

haha I will for sure

how much would you pay for this one?

>can't answer anything logical
>go for an obvious fallacy and close with "priceless"
>???
>profit

kek
Give it a rest son

your mama

I wish she was worth that much!

>People usually think Rolex it the top watch maker
You ruined your post, bro.

Fact

I like that too. But in here, its some exp. watch for smart watches. I use Tissot/Seiko/Lacroix and Rolex submariner. But I really want to buy a smart watch. Btw as a scuba-diver I got three diving computer too.

Your mama's life then.
And the rest of your current, former and future family.