Anybody else hopped back on the wagon after being sober? I tried 6 months and here I am drinking again...

Anybody else hopped back on the wagon after being sober? I tried 6 months and here I am drinking again. Didn't really notice any improvements in my life, and honestly right now I'm much happier drinking so I just said fuck it. Just curious about other's experiences.

I will drink enough to kill myself

Fuck life

Fuck farts

Fuck this damn shithole we call the earth

Fuck the police

Fuck my mom

Fuck shkreli face

Fuck the time

Fuck the dalai lama

Fuck mpeg compression

same thing for myself but with cocaine. Hope that makes you feel somewhat better. Take it easy.

Seems like you have some serious self-hatred.

Why?

The expression is "fall off the wagon", OP.

But yeah, I've been there. You have to ask yourself why you're drinking so much. What are you trying to escape from?

Figure out what it is and tackle it head-on, That's what I did and I couldn't be happier. I can even enjoy a few drinks in the evening without even wanting to get drunk and fat and stupid.

Im English so we can drink excessively without being alcoholics. I don't get why its a problem in America.

Yep. Just relapsed yesterday after months of sobriety. It's brutal and I hate myself.

I couldn't get into alcohol again, fucks with too much of the system and tastes bad. Too poisonous for my liking.

Because making something a problem is the easiest way to make people pay for a "solution". God brits are dumb.

Drink everyday.

Cheers.

>I don't like poison it's too poisonous

I don't drink before 6pm and limit it to either 6 cans of beer (500ml) or a bottle and a half of wine when I do drink. Never had a problem going without for days at a time.

Yeah but yanks love being a depressed victim. It's all that therapy faggot culture they love.

I'm 29 and been trying to get sober for years, in and out of the rooms at AA. The last time I went I just realized it was such bullshit. I lost my GF of 10 years, got kicked out of my place (sharing with SO) and now have a bachelor pad in SF.I have no one. No friends, no family I'm back on the wagon and so far its been safe but I eventually intend on drinking myself to death.

Isn't it bedtime?
M'lady

No it isn't bed time when you work at night retard. Go pour a 330ml Miller Light and cry about your drinking problem m8.

You fucking kidding me? I've met so many british alcoholics.

>I decided it was bullshit and now I have nothing.

What an incredibly effective decision you made there.

Americans think someone drinking 6 pints on a night out is an alcoholic though.

Yea, hindsight is 20/20.

Too late now.

Usually when I drink something I'm pretty unconcerned with the volume of the container point dexter. Go bed.

>point dexter
Teenagers shouldn't drink

the carbs and extas from beer and wine fuck me up worse than liquor

Been there wayy too many times. Relapsed after 2 years, then 6 months then every 1 month etc. Right now I'm about 10 months sober.. life still sucks. I hate myself. Can't socialize. Go to therapy, see a psychiatrist, see a physician for other issues, no progress. Don't feel like shit all the time but have no ambitions or friends. I gained back my family but what good is that if I don't have a desire to live. Would an hero if my brother hadn't just died. Have too many physical and mental problems to drink. So I'm stuck being alive for a while.

Well, it is kind of BS. I won't keep insulting you. It doesn't work on any medical/physical level. It's basically cognitive therapy before it was watered down and given a name. It will work to solve the escapism which makes up 99% of alkies. But it is not a disease and it is not out of your control. Its fine to be told that when you're disabled by guilt...but some people latch onto that and it becomes part of their issue. AA is more about being able to find people you can relate to and trust. The program is secondary. Its never too late

>Go to therapy, see a psychiatrist, see a physician for other issues
Keep paying out those shekels like a good goy!

Teenagers shouldn't exist.

Well aren't you the bright one. Who the hell would do any of that if it wasn't free? Most people have insurance. Guess you don't.

>most people with problems are well off

u wot?

Without teenagers, you wouldn't exist

protip - your mother was 16 when you were planned bud.

I drink a lot, probably too much

Occasionally ill quit for up to a month then it's back daily drinking. I say fuck it at this point. I have a good career and a good family. Hope I dont die too young

just because you and everyone around you drinks excessively - doesn't make it normal and healthy
i went to the uk a couple of times
everyone is at the pub every fucking day
all they do is drink and watch tv and talk about shit things
weekdays look like the average weekend in north america
weekends look like a mass of red faced bodies that happen to be conscious enough to order another round

Your mother was 16 when your smarter, planned self ran down her leg. Instead we got you.

Most people with problems have potential to do well. Individuals with psychological problems and addictions tend to have higher IQs on average than the general population. If it wasn't for obsessive nature, then I probably wouldn't be well off. So yes my problems contributed to my success.

thanks, fellowships always fun. Good people, but they're so goddamn dull.Gotta look for the similarities though.

Fuckin this

Seeing as how you sound ten years old, I'm going to share something with you:

Most people fall or succumb to vice due to a series of unfortunate events, the least of which is not financial issues.

The rich dorks who "decide" to be sick are just too stupid to use their money wisely.

(You are not a genius, or likely even above average...just diluted)

Go fuck yourself you cum guzzling nigger dick sucking faggot

Yeah they're dull, the fire is gone from their lives....literally. But they do end up being successful and respected. I guess you can't have both?

Solid advice on /b? wtf?
Shouldn't you be telling me to hang myself?

Thanks

I drink alone
You know why I drink alone?
I prefer to drink by myself

Not OP but I hope my drinking fuckin kills me.

OP ... I get you.

>hope

You're a moron

I know this

faggot

You mean you actually do it because you enjoy it and not because you think it makes you enjoyable? Adults on b???

btw

kys

My mistake, carry on sir.

I do "it"

to kill the pain

and???

That's rich coming from your busted ass. Tie another one on weakling.

Nothing. Jesus do you have wet brain? It's a compliment, if ever drinking could be complimented.

yeah,

you're right of course

bitch

Oh ...

my apologies

Fuck you

Does anyone here have experience with rehab? I'll be going for 14-30 days here pretty soon. I was averaging a little more then a fifth of vodka a day. Has it worked for you? Drinking is fun.. but alcoholism sucks

For drinkers you all are wound tighter than a piano. I don't think drinking exists as a lifestyle anymore.

yep

30 days in the hole

self commited

A drug of choice was cocaine

It doesn't "work for you". Everything rehab does stops the instant you leave if you don't want it. Why do you think it's mostly rich people and prison bargains that go?

your an idiot

js

wat

>you're

That's like, your opinion man.

thank you

Rehab doesn't "give" you anything you don't have. You won't receive a "no addiction" shot. It works for people who want it bad enough. It's a complete waste of time for everyone else.

you caught me

If you are wasting your life, say hi
If you are alone tonight, say hi
If you wish he should die, say hi, hi-hi, hi-hi
If you have a hole in your head, say hi
If you have a stitch in your wrist, say hi
If, when you look at the sky, it is black and shredded

A sliver of bone could get caught in your throat; well, silence is golden
A shot of bone sticking out of your arm; well, blood is beautiful
If your curtain is closed, and you are still standing behind it
If there is a rag in your mouth; broken glass will shine for with the moon
If your body has quit and you forgo residing in it
Rat feces litter the tongue; broken hearts will shine for with the moon

If you have eaten it all, say hi
If your bra is on fire, say hi
If your bed is a living hell, say hi, hi-hi, hi-hi
If you don't know what to say, say hi
If you have poked out your eyes, say hi
If, when you open your arms, Ferdinand gores you in the chest!

Have you seen your face as of late? The hippopotamus is beloved;
Half a crocodile hanging out of its mouth with the village rejoicing

If your curtain is closed, yet you are still standing behind it
If there is a bomb in your mouth; broken glass will shine for with the moon
If your body is wrong and you regret residing in it
Jack razor-bladed your throat; broken hearts will shine for with the moon

oh shit, Cred Forums doesn't show emojis anymore. I forgot.

and because I did this in 1988, I already know this you faggot

My mother never raised a quitter.
> Cheers user!

more times than I can count. been sober over a year now. 15 months. my DOC was heroin although I abused basically everything. i'm on probation until 2021 so thankfully I don't have to worry much about taking anything until then. the only thing that still tugs at me is marijuans. I haven't quite decided what to do on that yet because i've noticed it can take me right back to where I was since the threshold is lowered so to speak. So depending on where my mind is at when I get off probation i'll see what the score is. Ideally i'd only like to smoke every now and then. Maybe weekend nights. I've grown to like being sober and wouldn't like being a burnt out worthless faggot every day.

>babbys first euphemism

I stop for weeks at a time, run out of weed, get incredibly stressed out, then buy a handle and wig the fuck out for a couple of days.

Usually end up barhopping a fifth deep already and spend a least a hundo bullshitting, shitfaced, with a handful of strangers, until last.

Then I wake up and do it again and again 'til I'm out of money. Then I stop. Then I do the whole thing over again. I never seem to learn.

I agree with you.. I want the help.. but it's just so hard to fathom the thought of never drinking again. I'm 22 by the way. I love to drink occasionally, but i can't seem to do it without it turning into a several month long binge.. I guess some people just simply can't drink at all

tl,dr

Then why did you ASK cockmuncher? It isn't a wrong answer...you're just being pretentious now.

hi

Hi.

hi-hi, hi-hi

I didn't ask you anything

why be such s nigger?

Living in Oakland. Similar situation. Lemme know if you ever want to meet up for a drink.

barely even a paragraph you fucking mong

I made it 4 years, my life also didn't improve, well in the first year it did, but then went downhill.

For the first few months that I started up again all was well, but then the torture set in. The health problems, the withdrawals, anxiety and sickness all the time, and neurological problems.

Hopelessness and despair. Trapped in a machine that compulsively controls me. I've cried myself home from the liquor store multiple times.

>you're a normal 22 year old

If it wasn't drinking it would be something else. I know this isn't what you want to hear but if drinking makes your life bad enough, you'll stop.

AA sounds a lot better for you right now than rehab. Honest, me to you.

you're a fuckin genius

It sounds like you're projecting buddy. Are you qualified in the medical field? Do a little reading on pubmed and medscape where my claims are backed up. Nice trolling btw.
I'd assume your in your mid teens and extremely bitter. I see people like you on a regular basis, it puts money in my pocket. So when you decide to get psychological help, remember it's going to an "average", "diluted" individual. Also when you post in the threads that offer psychological help and it's not Alice, there's a 50/50 chance you're actually getting advice from me. Keep projecting and/or trolling, I'm sure it helps you sleep at night.

Then why respond to me answering a question for someone else? Are you legitimately retarded?

generally one needs to go to rehab then into AA. everyone is different, but I can get shit done without a few weeks of sobriety.

You copied this from 'Murphy Brown' episode 021 right?

Too late. You are kinda obviously a burnt out faggot.

can't*

yeh obviously kek LULZ bro lmao

Suck a dick queer

kys

17 year alcoholic here. It's not good. Just got out of the hospital, 5 day stay for pancreatitis. I'll never drink again.

Trust me, kids, it's not worth it. I've probably spent at least $70k on alcohol over the years. No friends, shit life, shit career. Overweight, diabetic, memory problems. Just don't.

am I not cool enough for you man?? I just wanna be accepted...I found this through reddit like eight months agoXXD

I would like to believe you.. knowing how many times i've said that myself I find it highly unlikely you'll stop. Maybe you will. Those people that can turn on a dime and stop are VERY few.

>generally

According to what? Alcoholism for idiots, first ed.? Can't go five minutes without remembering you don't know how to help yourself, while turning down good advice can ya?

I'd like to think I'm normal, but i look around and don't see many of my peers drinking vodka all day at work and alone at home, getting duis, and being generally irresponsible in most aspects of their lives. I know everyone has their problems, but addiction seems to be an especially significant one.. but thanks for your advice.. I've tried aa meetings and it was a bit hard to relate to the older people

I have to or I'll die. I have a family. Who will take care of them?

I'm better than the bottle.

I've just been alive awhile. Try it sometime kiddo.

>yes

no and wtf

If u can stop drinking water
U can quit drinking alcohol

>kids

Great way to get your message absorbed you cobby fart.

This

it's very unlikely someone is going to be able to be sober on their own. some can white knuckle it until they get some walking around sense but I don't find many who are able to do that. AA is a good first step, it just won't be enough.

I hope you can. I had to spend 6 months in county jail with multiple grand jury indictments and multiple years of probation before I managed to get straightened out. It's been a shitty seven years.

This thread is full of some pathetic motherfuckers. Go cry yourselves to sleep. I'll be over here drinking. Peace.

I've been drinking lately. Sometimes I manage a week or even a month without it. Last 2 weeks have been bad though. My stomach is a little fucked up from it, not like a full ulcer, but still irritated and feeling off.

I went to rehab and I'm right ther with you.

Peace back mofo

Years of relapse
5 years clean and sober.
Therapy plus NA ( can't stand AA personally ).

Is NA much different? Less religious?

Murphy brown keek. Some other niggers in the 40+ club

yep

lol

Everyone has a vice. Yours is just neon colored. You've identified that it has gone beyond enjoyment unto making you feel outcast. So you know you want to fix it. Yes AA is all kinds of screws, nails, and pegs. But if you want to change that's where the effective help is. I took a year in that program before I found someone who could relate to me. That whole year was a struggle...off and on, wanting and not wanting.

But that's everyone in AA. That's why it exists. They know you won't/can't stop right away. But if you keep going you can learn not to be broken by mistakes and carry on. It isn't much but it is shittons better than being alone.

So, aside from the issue that is Americans not drinking as much overall as most European countries, but binge drinking way more than any of them...

In America it is literally a crime to just be drunk, in public. If you are drunk, and you are not in your own home, the police can straight up walk over to you, throw you in a holding cell for the night, and slap you with a citation that can wind up somewhere around $3000. "Public Intoxication".

b but what if

alone

Personally disagree. I think the steps are pretty awesome. It gives me a method for dealing with everyday problems as well as resolving past ones.

Obviously it is just one tool but it has been a powerful one for me.

>rationalizing

I think I see your problem, dumbass.

>I won't try it because it won't work I know because I haven't tried it.

It's the exact same thing for people who are more flaky, hippie.

Less Christian. No our farther bullshit. The program does sort of require a higher power at some level, but I've met more Buddhists in 12 step programs than anyplace besides hippy raves. Plenty of atheists as well.

Yeah, I'm not really religious and never could be.

>I personally disagree that it's cognitive therapy I just get cognitive resolution skills

Fuck do any of you READ?

I said everyone is different you flaming faggot. I just said it didn't work for me and I see very few who manage it that way. It's incredibly difficult to sit through multiple meetings a day detoxing and jonesing your ass off. Christ you're a thick fuck

>it's hard to not do drugs

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

>I see very few
>nationally recognized program 60+ years old

Holy fuck kill yourself

They draw a distinction between religious and spiritual. It's isn't supposed to be religious but aa was started 50 years ago or whatever. Personally I think they should drop the religious aspects like Christian prayers but w/e

The God shit is mostly to help deal with humans inability to stop worrying. The ability to leave things upto a higher power at trust that everything will work out according to some greater plan. It's a brain hack. I look at God as a way of tricking myself not to worry about certain shit.

Good job figuring out the matrix there Neo. Weird you haven't discovered the answers to all your problems yet.