Are there still cities when I can safely live on a $50k salary?(in the US)

Are there still cities when I can safely live on a $50k salary?(in the US)

Tucson, Arizona!!!!!

None. Well, maybe in Alaska. You have to get away from black people. If you see black people, you'll be robbed and/or shot.

Anywhere in Missouri

D.C.

Surprisingly made it work on $30K, and $50K made it comfortable.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind living in those mid size cities in the SW(Tucson, Albuquerque, ElPaso). Rent in Venice is going up

Plenty.

In upper central MN you can rent a place with all utilities for as little as 400 USD and it's surprisingly not a shit hole.

but then you have to live around mexicans

Venice beach?

Yes

Im in LA

assuming you have no strings attached like long term relationships or kids, basically anywhere

Being from MN I can confirm it's full of somalis though due to the cuck liberals

Dude no way I live in Venice too

>MN
>Not a shit hole
Pick one

Butte montana

Can live in Georgia. Cost of living is pretty cheap here. Just don't live in downtown Atlanta or some shit.

Oklahoma and Texas are inbred cesspools but the cost of living is so low that 50k would be plenty to live comfortably

Austin Texas is really nice just don't tell anyone you're from cali. and it's waaay survivable on 50k

Stay away from the cities and you have nothing to worry about except the drunk natives. Just stay away from the reservations and that doesn't even become a problem.

North central is like 95% white and is where 'Minnesota Nice' comes from.

If you want to live in poverty. But 50k would be a nice salary for a small town under 100k anywhere in the US. disregard the racist morons, but if you are whitey and disklike brown skin go north.

Tucson checking in. Easy to live cheap and well here

What's your living situation? Just broke with my gf who paid half the rent

I've visited Austin, it gets bad in the nuggerhood

I need a city where companies have HQ s

50k, poor you. go fuck urself

I was about to say El Paso. I live here, and everything is cheap, but there are a lot of hispanics, and me being one of them doesn't help. Just don't expect any jobs that pay 50k, so if you're out of your job, you'll be climbing down the latter looking for work here. I could go on.

I imagine Austin is a giant leap up from living in El Paso.

Honestly you can live pretty much anywhere on 50k a year.

Sure there are some places you'll have to get a shitty apartment and pinch pennies a bit more, but even San Francisco can be lived in for that much.

I second Austin. I'm from Maine, but I've visited my brother who built a house in Pflugerville, and it's not bad.

you can live nicely anywhere except exclusive rich towns on 50k. easily.

Tucson also...just try and avoid the south side and it's pretty cake here

nigger shithole

50K in a major city is poor though, when rent is $1000+, $1600 for an area not totally ghetto

>I was about to say El Paso. I live here, and everything is cheap, but there are a lot of hispanics

I dont mind texas hispanics, theyre very different from california hispanics

I lived in East Hollywood, California for 2 years making 15 bucks an hour. Rent was 650 a month plus another hundred for net and utilities. Apartment was only 180 sq feet though. Wasn't horrible, but I literally didn't do anything aside from go to work and come home and play xbox though.

ohio has a super low cost of living. stay in the burbs of either cleveland or columbus and you'll be ok.

matthews/south charlotte, nc

San Antonio is cheaper too

Yeah, I noticed that too. Some hispanics have ties here to others in "cali", particularly LA. And back in the late 80's and early 90's, the LA police got tough on crime, so they came here increasing crime rates. It wasn't until the late 90's that the police dramatically got tough here, and they went back to LA. And despite living in a border city, crime is very low. I feel very safe where I live and other places of Texas, hispanics are much different than the ones in california. I think they're even shorter too, so that might explain their napoleonic complex to act more hardcore.

If someone told me they were from "cali", I'd be very distrustful about them and their intentions. Dressing like cholo's is a safe way to assume they're from there.

I live in MO on 50kish a year and I do good. Long as you don't mind stupid fucking drivers and dumbass hicks, the coloreds aren't bad either unless you're around StL.

Ive thought about SA but Ive been told it floods easily over there

Stockton CA. You can rent an apartment in Brookside

you mean niggers.

itt crime equals skin color

>50K in a major city is poor though, when rent is $1000+

you're poor because $12k out of 50 goes to rent? lol

OP don't listen to anyone in this thread they're little kids, 50k is fucking excessive in so many nice areas like where i live

Rapid City South Dakota as long as you don't mind Indians.

>Dressing like cholo's is a safe way to assume they're from there.

yeah, I lived in Houston before moving to LA, my perception of Hispanics did a complete change, actually my perception of society as a whole change after several years in LA.

stats dont lie

>OP don't listen to anyone in this thread they're little kids, 50k is fucking excessive in so many nice areas like where i live

that was me, I dont think you read this>Just broke with my gf who paid half the rent

K trump.

i live in ballantyne i cant decipher what you ar etrying to say in your post

Probably Portland or Seattle. Honestly Pacific North West is godtier.

>Seattle/Portland
>cheap

pick one

I live a few minutes outside of Portland. It can be done.

Fayetteville AR

Almost anywhere in the Pacific Northwest... Avoid major metropolitan areas and its even better

Indianapolis is underrated af.

not far from chicago
big city amenities
small town feel
unlikely to be nuked

i live in north jersey
shits expensive here :(

Yes. The US has had many cities when you could safely live on $50k. Most of the nineteenth century, for instance.

Flint Michigan...where all you need to do if you want to become smarter is drink water!

Salt lake city, utah

Hell, if you don't mind endless flat plains $50,000 a year would get you a nice home here in northern Texas.

Alabama.

Pretty dirt cheap

If you live under a bridge yes.

Salt Lake City

You can live on 50k in literally any city in the US. Anyone who says you can't is just really bad at money management.

I live near Portland. People are moving into RV's and parking along the highways to sleep at night because the cost of living has gotten ridiculous. I make $135k a year and I have to drive an hour and a half to work, one way.

why not NY&

Well if you don't mind living in the ghetto , then yes, 50k is liveable in NYC, Miami, SD,

Anywhere in the south that isnt atlanta, memphis, or miami.

Are people really this retarded with money? You can comfortable live anywhere in the world on 135k a year.

I'm buying a good place just west of Salt Lake for 217k, 50k a year would be fine

Oh and there's hardly any roodie poos out here either trololo

Chicago, just stay out of shit holes on the news

Not in my state.

Florida is hell on the wallet. shithole bedroom apartment is like 300-500 a month in just rent, then electric(Because AC is needed when it's a hundred degrees+ half the year with humidity making it feel 115)

Moved to Minneapolis last year from Nothern MN, can confirm its all white. My friends sister once said to a black guy when she was four or five "look mom a cosby!" because it was the first black person she'd seen in person

How much do you pay a month?

Shithole 1 bedroom apartment*

Me? About 550 in rent, 200 in electric, then 100 a month in internet.

And it's a college town, so taxes and shit are through the roof.

columbia SC

my rent here is $795 for a 3 bedroom

Anything in downtown Atlanta is expensive as fuck

Lol complaining about $300-$500 rent

$1,400 for my studio in downtown Seattle.

Is that for a 1 bedroom, super small one in the below average part of town?

50k would be a solid middle class income for an individual in upstate new york, basically anywhere.

For a 2-3 bedroom studio it's about 2,050 here

El Paso. There hardly any niggers here

No bedrooms, just a studio 425 sq ft in an older building. I'm right in downtown so the area is good - looking at skyscrapers outside my window right now.

Where at?