Pc noob here, is this a decent build for a ~$600 budget? anything that i should replace?

pc noob here, is this a decent build for a ~$600 budget? anything that i should replace?

how good would the pc be as it is currently?

pcpartpicker.com/list/cnNtnn

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/DqLZcc
hwcompare.com/32188/geforce-gtx-950-vs-radeon-rx-470/
pcpartpicker.com/list/knQkf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eww dual core. Get an asus m5a97 mobo
And an amd fx-6300

OP i'd probably shoot for an i5 cpu. it doesn't seem like the rest of that config is total shit though

The i-3 is a duel core with hyperthreading, which means it acts as a quad core processor

interesting, thought the i3 didn't have H/T

Are you fat?

here is the best for that near $600 price range
pcpartpicker.com/list/DqLZcc

OP here, will it run Minecraft??

That's $4.07 over budget, are you fucking insane user?!

Depending on the game the gpu performance is doubled with this build, go for it.

This is good, OP

cool, is the sapphire radeon rx 470 better than the geforce gtx 950?

I built a medium-low budget skylake system last winter, similar to this. A couple recommendations:

Don't waste your time with any HDD, Win10 is too demanding for it. Samsung evo 850 is not so expensive, even an off brand SSD is better than a HDD.

i3-6100 - Yes. Good clock speed, for fast single threading for normal usage. I would not recommend an i5, either stick with an i3, or go straight to an i7.

I have had good results with the very inexpensive EVGA (good brand, well built, quiet) 430w psu. it still has connectors and wattage to drive a single graphics card.

I also got a GTX 950, although the EVGA ACX2.0 SSC version (EVGA ACX = 2 fans, super quiet)

Good luck user,

Can't check myself atm, but theres a site called GPUboss that compares GPUs. Try there.

even my r7 370 is better

hwcompare.com/32188/geforce-gtx-950-vs-radeon-rx-470/

Nice for some low-mid range gaming.

Get the gtx 970 everything else dose not matter all you need is the gtx 970, you dont even need a processor, mother board or case etc.

seems decent. ask on linustechtips for decent pc advice. id change that 950 for an amd 470

Nah, thats why the i3 is a good budget CPU for gaming. games don't utilise a lot of core and benefit from a faster, fewer cores. Good choice OP

Here OP.

Don't buy windows you fucking pleb. Pirate that shit and save yourself 100$

forgot link

pcpartpicker.com/list/knQkf8

Imo, try and get amd stuff. (even an athlon x4). You'll want to go quad core (or dual with ht). You might be able to squeeze an rx 470 which is a slightly better card as well after your savings with the athlon. Also, if you still have enough left, get 16 gb of ram instead of just 8. You'll thank me down the road but I think that might be pushing it with what I've said above.

DX12 and Vulkan would like t have a word with you.

For a gaming rig you don't need more than 8gb of ram.

Just pirate Windows 10 and get another 100 bucks for graphics

fx processors have the ipc of a fucking core 2, OP, please don't listen to these faggots and just get the 6100

logicalincrements.com

>r7 370 is better
>links something comparing 950 to 470