ITT: We share beautiful pictures of space or talk about space

ITT: We share beautiful pictures of space or talk about space.

I don't know much about space other then the basics I was taught in school. Would love to learn something new anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future
youtube.com/watch?v=1mWeYZhILFI
youtube.com/watch?v=hdNFo5eWf9g
youtube.com/watch?v=XgoumLpLz0o
youtube.com/watch?v=M8UZ1-AqNcg
youtube.com/watch?v=IAcp3BFBYw4
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Of5S2Wlpg
chandra.si.edu/photo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Space....

Bump

The final frontier

All planets in our solar system fit between the moon and earth.

Yeah but you can't do that because they're too heavy.

If you take two pieces of metal and touch them together in space they combine to create one piece. It's basically cold welding. No air, water, etc to separate the metal so they just combine

Dude...what

Didn't know this user. Thank

Neutron star, I can't remember its name. These stars are 20km in diameter and weigh 1.5 solar masses. Young neutron stars spin 7 times a second, and are mostly made out of what's known at neutronium.

The crab nebula has a neutron star in its center. Neutron stars exist due to electron degeneracy giving out, furthering collapse, but conditions are just right for neutron degeneracy, without it, the core would continue to collapse under its own gravity.

All the atoms of the human race (if compressed) would be about the size of a small sugar cube. Since atoms are 99℅ empty space. This is basically what happens with a neutron star

um i am naive about astronomical knowledge please i want to know something about the super massive black hole at the centre of this galaxy or some shit like that

Antimatter is just regular matter traveling backwards in time.

gravitational lensing

Bump

Is time two dimensional? Or is that just how we percieve it?

These are the voyages of the starship enterprise

The pillars of creation have been long gone. Provided humanity lives long enough to see it disappear, it will soon never be able to be seen again.

Black holes aren't black...they actually give off radiation and even light on the visible spectrum. This also means they eventually evaporate if they don't have any source of matter

i have over 500 pictures like the main picture of this post, i could just start dumping random ones if anyone's interested

no fucking way

What do you mean by " The Pillars of Creation?"

That's not the best way to look at time. Imagine time and space as interwoven threads on a large fabric or trampoline. The idea that time is directional is misleading

Yep, basically with nothing separating them, the two separate halves don't know that they are indeed "separate" and click together like Legos .

The galactic core is a supermassive blackhole, and well that's that. Its existence is rather incredible, and frankly, black holes are very challenging to explain because our understanding of them is so limited. The reason why light cannot escape a black hole is because it follows the curvature of gravity, and the curvature of a black hole is seemingly infinite, so it will travel forever in a straight line to nowhere.

It's just the abitrary name given to the nebula.

yep, me

What does it take for something to go back in time? I know time is relative, but how do these antimatter particles go (at least by our observations) backwards?

what if the devil is bound to be cast into the void of this black hole

Satan?

You can only go forwards. Never backwards.

Most of the fantastic colors you see in pictures are x-rays. This is RCW 103, a magnetar, without a composite imaging.

pic related is why Pluto got demoted

>706375341
op's anus

So then user's claim is bs?

Well, technically you can go backwards. This is one of the reasons why there is a cosmic time limit. As you approach the speed of light, time slows, and as you go faster than light, time begins to reverse its self so when you slow back down you'll arrive to your destination in the past.

trolling??? lol

it needs to be at absolute zero, where each object has no kinetic energy in the atoms and theoreticaly can fit together

does it aggravate anyone else that there are possibly civilizations out there way more advanced than us, probably look at us like monkeys.

Just like how we look at niggers..

Guys, we could possibly be the niggers of space.

Space is highly classified. The public is not to know!

time is all fucked up. time isnot real... thats what i think

Thoughts on afterlife anyone

in the book 2001: A Space Odyssey the monolith was located on Enceladus because the enormous difference between the two hemisphere's albedo was a deliberate beacon to any successful experiments with making animals sentient on Earth

>faster than light
from what we know it's impossible

But to go faster than light, wouldn't you need to have negative mass? I'm guessing here, and you seem knowledgable.

there is none

Nope, cold welding happens because there isn't an oxizidation layer in a vacuum.

whats that red thing on the right

thats bullshit.

The best way to think of time travel is as follows. Space and time are woven together like a trampoline. Put a bowling ball on said trampoline. The space and time bend to accommodate the bowling ball. Now mass is represented by the bowling ball. The more massive coming is the more it bends and warps space and time, giving you gravity. If you were to get right next to this bowling ball (or black hole if you will) the trampoline ( space and time) is super bent. That means time travels slower for you since it's stretched out. So when you eventually go back to earth from your little adventure, you'll notice you've aged 1 year and every one else on earth has aged 6 years.

some subatomic particles have been proven to travel faster then C

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future

What's going to happen 10 billion years from now?

ty for the reply thats awesome!

how does that work if we go back previous post, so does that mean those particles are going back in time?

Yep, this is why FTL travel is possible in the game Mass Effect with their element zero. The only way to go faster than light is to have a negative mass which isn't possible to have by our understanding of physics.
It is impossible, but this is the consequence if it were possible.

No it's not, it gets complicated. In terms of how to think about particals and what they mean/ how they behave, it's very useful to think of antimatter as matter going backwards in time.

I existed before the physical and my soul exists after the physical ........god is all there is, i am one with god , i affirm my good i give thanks i let go and let god

if SpaceX and other aerospace companies can keep up with their projected goals, I might just be able to see a view like this in person before I die. godspeed.
A shame the money is put into more trivial things. A view like that can change a man, shake them right down to their core. Like an existential crisis but one that makes you feel good.

can u tell me how they come up with all these weird colors is that what we think they look like or is it realphotos??

Ever heard of white holes OP?
opposite of black holes, so instead of sucking in matter, they emit matter into some where else into the universe/parallel

You can't go faster than light if you carry information. Some processes travel faster than light but they don't carry information.

not an expert in it
but from what I understand
bc quantum uncertainty the particles are where they began, and where they end, and all points between at all times that they were/are there

Actually, tachyons are simply hypothetical, and neutrinos moving FTL was just an anomaly.

This guy knows what he's talking about

It's true

False

See photo.
To explain a black hole, pretend that the blue mesh sinks extremely low, and to a fine point. What happens is the mesh becomes so stretched that it kind of rips. A bubble is made where the black hole is, almost 100% detatched.

There's an idea that the bubble itself can seperate from the fabric and float around in literally nothingness as literally a bubble of reality, or another universe.

It's an x-ray image. If humans could see x-rays as visible light, this is what it would look like through a regular telescope.

we move on

Correct. Its called vacuum welding. The caveat is that the mating surfaces have to pretty much be perfect or it doesn't bond super great.

OP here, love u all

Should i keep going..?

>ITT
we share CGI photos of the universe.
Real photo/videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=1mWeYZhILFI

youtube.com/watch?v=hdNFo5eWf9g

youtube search for nikon p900 for more.

I think on this everynight, but, my mind can't imagine another thing after life; i think everything just turn black...

Keep em cummin user

i cant handle rekt threads now i cant handle space threads officialy fucking scafed of space

ah I see, I just had a read about it, is it used in industrial works, is it practical?
it just seems like a pain for spacecrafts cx

KEK!!

It looks like a tiny dick with a huge scrotum!

Are you talking about quantum mechanics? You aren't moving at the speed of light, in fact you don't move at all, there is just an instant change in position. What's really cool is that provided that quantum theory is true, you could literally just teleport to the moon based on an astronomically low chance.

This is HL Tau - a flat disc of gas and dust that is almost face on to us (so we see the plate shape, not a thin edge-on disc). This recent observation by ALMA probes dust in the disc (small solids, rather than gas) and revealed these amazing concentric dark rings. There are many possible explanations for these, but the most favoured is that probably 1-2 planets are causing them. Note that its very unlikely that there is a planet in each gap.

>There's coffee in that nebula.

Also, this one is for you Cred Forums

Reminds me of

You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch.’

— Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell

I don't know, I just know how it works. Industrial production hasn't really interested me.

what do you mean by "curvature"

Shitty diagram I just drew in notes to try and visualize my trash explaining.

there are many nebulae that each have enough alcohol in them to keep every hominid that has ever existed and every human that is projected to live in the next 1000 years drunk for their entire lives

Alright, i have a question, if all elements were made via fusion of H atoms from supanovas etc..
how come it only got up to uranium, and us humans could make bigger atoms with Z>92?

Another really interesting thing coming soon is sentient artificial intelligence. OpenAI is considering making AI available to everyone through synergizing man and machine by making human-AI symbiotes. Would you sign up for this?

Guess it's time for a little 'voyage' of my own.

thread is lit

Glad I started it. Vv happy

Sonoluminescence = stars
youtube.com/watch?v=XgoumLpLz0o
youtube.com/watch?v=M8UZ1-AqNcg

don't fall for flat earth theory, there's also possibility of earth being convex glass tube.
Bible says there are waters above and below and makes sense why all religions REMEMBER about the great flood happening.
Also stars that move in mysterious ways are dubbed by NASA as "planets" that revolve when in fact little is really known about it because you cannot pass beyond the glass firmament (otherwise there will be another flood).
youtube.com/watch?v=IAcp3BFBYw4
hitting the firmament

Eye of God, uncolored.

if you like this type of discussion you should go /sci/

Is there a space vr experiment/program yet? Something I can look at my planet, or be God and explore other stars with?

Usually lurk on Cred Forums but will check it out

Nucleosynthesis gets more and more difficult to achieve which is why stars begin to collapse after it begins fusion of silicon to iron.

get stellarium for free.

There's something called Space Engineers my friends sometimes play.

That's the name of the formation in the pic he posted

There seriously needs to be.

Kerbal Space Program is a good 2-body gravity rocket game
there is one that lets you wander through the galaxy and investigate various stars, nebulae, etc
then there is No Man's Sky that lets you explore the same planet an infinite amount of times

Man, I still get fucking stoked about the quality of the recent Pluto images...

Not outter space but sharing anyway cause it's in my folder and looks neato

Oh cool! I live there! I can see my house!

Stability and energy required. Although some of these super heavy elements can be created naturally in supernovae, they are so unstable that they decay before we observe them. We can create and observe them in lab due to seeing them before they collapse. They could be created during the fusion process of the sun, but the precursive elements gain so much kinetic energy that they are ejected before being fused again.

I had a nice pick me up with this thread. Thanks for letting me talk about something not a lot of people share interest with. Stay curious.

Don't even get me started dude. Death doesn't scare but whatever the hell comes after freaks me the fuck out

sorry op don't know much but I do enjoy the fact that space is so big and seemingly infinite that we as humans will probably never find a way to see it all.
Also I enjoy trying think about what the end of the universe would look like. Is it a wall? Is it just more darkness? What is at the "end" of the universe?
Any anons with theories about last question?

Here is the Milky Way in different wavelengths.

Thanks to the different telescopes with sensors to capture images in different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum we are able to extract usefull information about our cosmos. Like the birth or death of stars.

I miss these threads. We used to have them regularly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Of5S2Wlpg

no it is not.

One of the more depressing things I find is that we will likely go extinct before wresting control over the stars beyond our system. We care more about Pepe the frog being a hate symbol than our future.

OP here. And this is random but I have finally learned how to lucid dream and lately I have been able to just float around in space. I love it and I am starting to get obsessed with falling asleep

But at the same time there are probably species aren't as advanced as us

You see a brief yet everlasting vision of all you would ever wish to see/do.
Then ya, nothing. So don't worry about it.

Cool knowledge drop tx guys

Threads like this make me wish I had majored STEM.

A pox on that recruiter. A pox on that academic adviser. A pox on those who mislead me during my early-college days.

How do ya do it? I've tried but can't seem to do it

Seriously.. yes. It's pretty much been what Hawking has said about "listening" and not trying to talk back.

He's basically saying we would look so stupid you might as well come and invade us.

Lmao baited.

don't want to crush your dreams, but there is no limit/end to the universe, although if you're intrested google/read about "The Big Crunch" i think it's called

I sometimes feel that humans are the only chance life can exist to observe and enjoy this beautiful universe. We can very well be alone in this galaxy, and if we die, life might just die with us.

Stop being a faggot.

Alrighty, thanks :)

Empty space isn't empty. It's filled with zero directional particles. This field, space, only can contain entropy.

>Want more I am a stoned quantum physicist

Chandra Observatory.
chandra.si.edu/photo/

You can learn up about space from this nigga.

Listen to binaural beats. Find one you prefer and that doesn't annoy you. Wear headphones. Dont have to but it helps. Lay flat on your back, arms to your side and tell yourself im awake. Took me almost a year to do it. Totally worth it. Also writing down any dreams you have always helps. Good luck user

Quantum mechanics is my current obsession, please do divulge.

The best I can do now is just read books about Astronomy and other sciences. Fucking humanities and non-STEM shit.

Devils quads

Yep, there is no end to the universe. The big crunch would've been evidenced by expansion slowing, but instead it's expanding. Absolutely wonderfuk, isn't it?

thank you for finally noticing

The way our dimensions works is this. There are 3 dimensions. So imagine an X&Y and remove the Y axis. The second dimension would be like adding the Y axis allowing things to have width and height. The third dimension is like adding a z axis allowing object to have depth. There is another dimension as well which is the dimension of time measuring when an object exist. NOW, if you were to somehow survive being sucked into a black hole and made it to the other side. Everything is swapped. Now you have 3 dimensions of time. And one physical dimension. :)

Good night, Anons. See you starside.

Heil Satan

fuck that, i let it come naturally or use drugs

I'm starting to get "a bad feeling" about all of this...I'm going to go on record as guessing that the further we attempt to go in space, the more we'll find our efforts are "frustrated."

Similar to how we looked at the small world more and more closely, through the microscope, to the electron microscope, and the ability to detect individual photons...and we seemingly hit a wall of understanding. The most prominent physicist of the golden age of quantum physics said "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics." ...This is is an open secret in physics, that even the top scientists can only describe what is happening, they don't actually "understand" it. And the quantum level is seemingly a veil of knowledge beyond which nothing can be seen.

I'm thinking we'll see the same thing in space. We'll get so far, and there will just be a figurative wall we can't cross.

Example: Our closest star is about 4 light years away. Super close right? In 100 years we might get there maybe...except wait, even at the top end of the speeds scientists believe is even possible right now, using ideal gravitational sling-shotting and everything...still will take us 17,000 years to get there...and this isn't even an important or interesting star! Just happens to be "right next door."

Ok, here is something I have been thinking about.

Time is a result of there being a limit to the rate entropic exchange and "empty space", which in my previous post explained it as zero directional(zero dimensional) particles/field.

This idea in mind special relativity happens when particles become single directional particles and no longer interact with each other.

Most of these pictures look almost nothing like what is shown in the picture. NASA has colorized them to look more epic and more prettier. FRAUD

i learned something new today

Will try, thanks :)

your mom

It's turtles all the way down user.

Well, no, you can use double the world's nuclear stockpile and use them to propel a spacecraft by exploding it behind the vessel which will get us to Alpha Centauri is seventy years (not counting slowing down.) Interstellar travel will take a combined effort.

They do change some pictures in order to study them, but mostly, the colors we see is because the images are interpreted from what a telescope see, in different wave lenght that we can't see

With the theory that the universe was birthed by the Big Bang and its energy is still traveling and creating our universe, the universe is ultimately infinite until the power of the Big Bang gives out. With an infinite universe comes infinite possibilities, it's really fucked the more you think about it. Every single event ever to happen on earth, chances are there is a planet where the exact same thing happened.

Here's a cool one, the currently known furthest galaxy from earth in the observable universe, GN-z11.

Formed something like 400 millions years after the big bang and located about 32 billion light years from earth.

Been uploading images about an hour now, fun times

bullshit.

not really. a neutron star is literally just neutrons and photons, no electrons, no protons.

neutron star mass/diameter and rotational period are highly variable. some rotate hundreds of times per second. theoretically it is possible for them not to rotate at all (not bloody likely though).

>but conditions are just right for neutron degeneracy
neutrons degeneracy is significant at higher densities than electron degeneracy simply because neutrons lack charge.
not saying your wrong just adding to what you said.

no

its two way in physics. one way to people.

black holes look like whatever is behind them due to gravitational lensing.
interesting fact: if you were to cross the event horizon and looked outward you would see the entire 360 view of space compressed into a little circle that got smaller and smaller and you decended toward the singularity.

some black holes are so large that you can cross the event horizon without being torn apart by rapidly shifting gravitation force.

>The reason why light cannot escape a black hole is because it follows the curvature of gravity
gravity doesn't curve, space does but that's still the wrong way to look at it.
light which is trapped in a black hole can still get out, it will just take an infinite amount of time.

all subatomic particles "time travel"

> time begins to reverse its self
nope. thats bullshit.

nope. thats bullshit

no you would need to go to another reality where things can go faster than light.

nope, thats bullshit.

>t's very useful to think of antimatter as matter going backwards in time.
nope. that doesn't make any sense at all.

A little more on space.

Most call the particles of empty space virtual particles. This is due to the zero directional particles still having energy and thus still a form of mass.
Also they gain energy through gravitational waves and such.

And virtual particles can become anything if it has enough energy and movement to do so.

Depressing.

no feasible way a white hole could be created or maintained in this reality however.

nope. thats bullshit. particles are
information.

no.

yes.

>becomes so stretched that it kind of rips.
nope. what you think of as "ripped" is simply acceleration at a rate of or grater than C toward the singularity.
>There's an idea that the bubble itself can seperate from the fabric and float around in literally nothingness as literally a bubble of reality, or another universe.
nice thought but no reason to believe it.

the correct way to think of it is not that things traveling at C are not moving but that they are not moving though time. photons do not age.

think of traveling through spacetime as traveling both through time and space. you can use most/all your spacetime speed going though time, like we do or spend it going though space like a photon which does not go though time.

gunna skip the rest of the posts im bored now.

Oh and because empty space has mass warp drive is impossible, so is wormholes(maybe).

Once the shockwave caused by the Big Bang peters out what happens? Does the universe stop forming? Does the universe collapse in on itself with no energy to keep it expanded?

Hundreds of times per second is when they are sucking the life out of another star.

PLUTO ISN'T A PLANET

dark energy spurs the universal expansion
galactic clusters break apart
then galaxies
then stellar systems
then astral bodies
then molecules
then atoms
then the heat will dissipate
and the universe will become uniform
which is a potential pre-big bang condition for the state of the universe

Three possibilities:
The big crunch, where everything comes together again.
The big freeze: energy death in the entire system, no more heat/energy
Big rip: keeps on going

Imagine if they made it a planet and all the other plutoids.
We could have had like 400+ planets!

not really. empty space is still space meaning it has multiple fields, EM,gravity,strong,weak,etc...
it is disturbances in these fields that cause particles to spontaneously come into existence. the energy that made them does have a source though, its not magic.

and virtual particle pairs are a hawking radiation thing, they have nothing to do with normal space. can get into that if you wish.

>shockwave
the shockwave is space itself. no one knows what happens. just guesses.

no the rotational period is inherited from the star that collapsed and modified by the nova event.

>located about 32 billion ly from earth

if it formed 400 million years ago there is NO WAY light has travelled 32 billion ly

Let alone that the Universe is aproximatedly 13.7 billion years old

Space Engineers is a survival game set in space.

Space Engine is a Universe exploration tool which is probably better suited.

>use double the world's nuclear stockpile and use them to propel a spacecraft by exploding it behind the vessel

First off, we currently don't have "double" the world's nuclear stockpile...we'd have to double what we have right now. Also most of what we have is long in the tooth, and no longer packs the originally advertised "punch." Next, this sounds like someone crunched some numbers and came up with a mathematical solution that would be wildly impractical or impossible to implement. It probably also calls for the entire energy from the blast to be focused on propelling the spacecraft...also very impractical. Also sounds like this would destroy a lot of our planet, unless we took it waaay waaay waaaay out. Minor problem: most countries aren't that willing to give up their nuclear stockpiles to help some combined global project...haahahahahaa

I wanted to call bullshit, then started to look up the diameters, assuming jupiter alone would be most, if not all of it. But all 4 gas giants add up to around 200k miles, leaving plenty of wiggle room. Earth being the largest of the others is at 7k. So without looking them all up and getting down the exact numbers, it makes sense.

solar system density is roughly equivalent to atomic density. mostly empty.

but if you stacked up all the dust asteroids and ort cloud shit i bet it wouldn't fit.

WRONG! It's apparent IMAGE is located 32 billion light years from earth. Where it actually IS is anybody's guess. I'd say devolved into a black hole by now, or just completely gone.

we are the universe looking out at itself, we are alive so that we can experience our self;

the universe itself

nah bro we are just a computer game for some spoiled demigod.
like the sims, but not shitty.

everything is light in space just push them

Azathoth anybody?

Antimatter is what you get with a positive electron field and a negative nucleus, hence the name antimatter. Has nothing to do with time.

In a couple billion years the sun is going to engulf the Earth as it dies. Everything we are, everything we do, and everything we've done is all going to be for nothing.

I have a set of notes that explains neutron degeneracy well enough for my head, it's difficult to explain it to others without just saying: "it happens after electron degeneracy cannot resist the growing pressure anymore." I have a issue with putting "stuff" I understand into words. Neutron stars are one of my favorite examples of extreme physics.

25% the shit you are saying is completely wrong
25% is kind of wrong
The rest is right good job
Source: physics major

>positive electron field and a negative nucleus
not really. antiprotons and positrons ARE antimatter and rarely last long enough to form complete atoms.

I agree they are fuckin nuts. in a lot of ways more interesting than black holes.

>Everything we are, everything we do, and everything we've done is all going to be for nothing.
yeah but itll be for nothing long before the sun goes red giant.

what did i get wrong?
>tfw physics masters

>if it formed 400 million years ago there is NO WAY light has travelled 32 billion ly
>Let alone that the Universe is aproximatedly 13.7 billion years old

the edge of the universe expands along with space, so the law against things traveling faster than light relative to us is out the window. It's inflation, why the observable universe is allowed to have a radius greater than 13.7 billion light years

Later mate

The guys who said they proved to move that shit FTL came out and said there was a malfunction or someting, causing a false reading. As nice as it would be, sorry, it didn't haopen. If Einstein is right, we will never go FTL.

>the law against things traveling faster than light relative to u
there is no such law.
things can travel faster than light RELATIVE to other things. this is not news.

>why the observable universe is allowed to have a radius greater than 13.7 billion light years
no its not. light has not had enough time to reach us past the age of the universe in light years.

it was actually a loose ethernet cable that caused the FTL reading, lol.

i should probably stop....

bunch of faked false-color pictures

NASA = Never A Straight Answer am I right guys?!

anyway that was done using neutrinos, nothing with mass will ever come close to the speed of light.

flat earth AMIRITE LOL NASA WUT A JOKE GET WOKE SHEEPLE

Gravity is the curvature of spacetime, and gravity is caused by mass. Blackholes have a lot.

The same could be said about every other distant intergalactic object. To us on earth anyway, the universe exists as we observe it from here.

And assuming it didn't dramatically change course over the last 13.4 billion years, it would be about that far away now.

Light has momentum, how crazy is that?

RIP thread

it was a good run

good for you user! finally something nice on /b

Well l think cold welding in space is real.
Also, super luminous speed is possible, as long as you're not in a vacuum right? You can move faster than light just not when light is moving its fastest.
Also you said time is 2-way in physics, but time in advanced physics is complex to my understanding so 2-way is a bit misleading (although not incorrect really)
Finally aren't event horizons nonexistent as Hawking radiation makes all black holes temporary, hence nothing is irreparably lost in a black hole, only completely lost while the black hole exists.

After trying to point out where you were wrong I realized I over exaggerated gj.
What type of physics are you pursuing/interested/experienced in and what's the best way to prepare for grad school as an undergrad?

On cold welding, in a space that is close to a vacuum there is no oxidation layer or any shit like that so the atoms in the two metals don't know the difference between the two materials. My understanding is it only works for identical materials.

>no its not. light has not had enough time to reach us past the age of the universe in light years.

true, I should have said the universe can and is larger than what is observable. We don't know if we're seeing 1/10th of it or 1 millionth...

Saw a documentary on Tibetan monks and reincarnation... someone passes away and then they find him reincarnated in a child who then is put under a series of tests and identifies all his "stuff" without missing a beat.

I truly believe nothing but that shit gets me thinking.

> super luminous speed is possible
no.
> as long as you're not in a vacuum right?
no. that doesn't make sense.
>(although not incorrect really)
sub atomic particles often interact with themselves in the past. basic QED.
> aren't event horizons nonexistent
no? just google the term, you clearly don't know what it means.
> as Hawking radiation makes all black holes temporary
makes some very tiny black holes temporary but most will outlive even protons when it comes to the heat death of the universe. hawking radiation is incredibly slow.
>hence nothing is irreparably lost in a black hole
all entropy is lost, so basically anything important. technically information is not due to hawking radiation but thats only interesting on a theoretical level.

>What type of physics
personally im into astrophysics but my degree is for chemical engineering. i like subatomic physics too. helps with chemistry.

>so the atoms in the two metals don't know the difference between
no that is fucking bullshit. learn what ionic and covailent bonds are. tell me how an iron atom in its crystal lattus is just supposed to give up an electron to "weld" to another iron atom!
not even close man.
creating ionic bonds takes energy. doesn't happen magically.

When I was going to school, the universe was 13 billion years old. About a decade ago the universe was 13.4 billion years old. Now I just read it is 13.799 years old...WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! Are we stuck on Fast Forward and the crooked NASA scientists are keeping it a secret?

never too late user. live your dream.

you are based user

just teach yourself. i only learned stupid esoteric math shit in college, all the neat shit you can learn on your own.

Thanks user, hope to see more threads like this so i can post more pictures!

Space is expanding at an accelerating rate, which is why even though the universe is only about 14 billion years old, things can be further away than 14 billion light years.

That galaxy I mentioned isn't moving faster than the speed of light away from us, there is literally more space being created between it and our own galaxy.

checked

dubs speaking troof

>When it looks like a grasping hand
The Universe is a funny place

Better data

Yes if you look through a high powered telescope, everything is in black and white