Absinthe thread

Absinthe thread.

Basically, Im going to order a botte of St George Absinthe here shortly, and I would like to know if any of you Cred Forumsros have ever had the shit, experiences, favorite brands, etc.

Absinthe is a Fedora of liquers.

My girlfriend & I decided itd be fun to try. Sounded pretty chill to us

>the fedora of liqueors
Also checkd

its nothing great.......if u want to start seeing shit and freaking out. Down a bottle of bush mills Irish whiskey straight...first shot is like fire...the rest is all ice cream

Not trying to see shit. Took acid, it was chill but not what Im looking for right now. To my understanding, Absinthe is just a potent alcohol that makes you very happy drunk. Was just interested in other people's experiences, while I wait for shipping.

For best flavouring put a sugar cube on a fork, or if your fancy one of the specially made utensils and let water drop over it until the sugar is disolved.

Thats what Ive seen, why not just normal sugar? Have you tried?

I've never tried with sugar. But the cube is so that it all doesn't poor into the absinthe so you get the right amount of water to sugar ratio.

Ahh, and how was the drunk? Seems like its just a pleasant tasting get happy fucked up drink.

Trips of truth.

I've tried it a few times. There's a french restaurant near my friend's house that has a few different bottle s of absinthe. St Georges is good, Mansinthe ain't bad either, (Yes, it Marilyn Manson's brand. It's still good).

It won't make you see shit, but it's a good, clear-headed buzz if you have a few.

do not even think of burning sugar on it.
it is just the wrong way to drink it.
You can mix to make some nice cocktails, but never ever use fire, that's just wrong in many ways

i usually drink absinthe at a bar where dali used to go in barcelona, they make their own absinthe and its pretty good.

also burning the sugar is retarded.

I dunno much about absinthe but I have this one and it's pretty good very very herbal and floral.

It tastes like liquorice and even the "real" stuff wont get you anything other than drunk.
It's just alcohol lmao.

Also ill add that the only way I have ever drank this is with a spoon of plain regular sugar that i slowly pour ice water over and then stir it until its mixed. Im sure its not right but its decent

Slammed a bottle of it, ended up constipated for some reason. 10/10 would fuck up my gastrointestinal system again

It tastes nothing like liquorice but it wont make you see anythying. Its just potent alcohol

Also it does not make you hallucinate, its just a really strong alcohol that makes you very lightheaded fast .

Did you have the clear kind or the dark kind.
Not sure about clear but the dark one does taste like black liquorice.

Clear I posted the photot of the one i have in the thread

Op isn't trying to see anything. You retards.

Maybe the dark one does my apologies I dont know, but the one i have the clear one is extremely floral like flowers almost.

The absinthe I drink tastes like black liquorice

I get pretty drunk when I'm feeling fancy

Pretty sure that's not absinthe, but a high proof alcohol branded as absinthe

its not a drug OP its just high proof alcohol that's usually flavoured with black licorice which makes it even more disgusting

not even worth it at all, just get 151

151 is fucking rank

yeah because 80% alcohol is fucking disgusting big surpise

my point is that absinthe is usually around ~70% and black licorice flavour so you might as well just get 80% with the 151 and no added shitty licorice taste

This thread inspired me to pour some this is what I do just pour cold water on the sugar and then stir.

No it's absinthe

>implying everyone dislikes licorice

If someone likes the flavor, why not get the high proof and a nice taste

Meanwhile no matter what 151 is just rank

Okay .. confessing my ignorance here.. my understanding was that the original 1800's absinthe had opioids in it but the modern brands had nothing but alcohol.. am i wrong?

Had some years ago. The proper stuff. Friend at uni had smuggled in back from somewhere in Eastern Europe whilst on a football tour. Went out on a bender, came back, had a few joints then two absinthe. Walked back to my halls as the sun was coming up. Everything was pixelated, like shit PS1 graphics. Weed+Absinthe+No sleep probably isn't the best mix.

I'm not implying that everyone dislikes licorice I'm just implying that if you like black licorice then you're either 90 years old or the devil

pretty sure that was just rumors. There were alot of smear campaigns against absinthe in the bohemian crowd because people were getting hammered and acted stupid, Therefore it has a reputation of making you mad, When really people were just really drunk and stupid

Well there you go. I assume the clear one has less anise in it.
I really like absinthe though it's fun to drink.
Very chuggable.

Oops

151 + pineapple juice & malibu rum

You won't be able to taste a single drop of rankness if you use a lot of pineapple juice

Thank me later

caribou lou is disgusting and for 15 year old girls

Sorry I'm retarded if you wanna read it this kind of helps but I'm being retarded drunk and posting too much

Liqueurs* have added sugar you uncultured fuck.

Absinthe is a spirit.

Yeah not sure why its clear or what the difference is, its extremely floral and herbal though. Im curious now to try the darker one. I also noticed mine is only 60 percent alcohol.

15 year old girls can't handle 151 they'd die

>Slammed a bottle of it

Unless it was a 50ml bottle you'd have to have had your stomach pumped.

it was wormwood that fucked people up, it's not in many brands now.

No, the quantity of wormwood is not enough to feel anything. Its in the one I have and it does not do shit, its just such potent alcohol that it gets people drunk quickly.

Also couple that with the fact that its made with wormwood which in higher quantities can fuck you up that myth started

nah drank one to myself in a night

this, another misconception. Wormwood can have effects but is also very low quantity.

Wormwood is also in vermouth, which is very common and not the same reputation

Not true at all, they'd just get drunk fast

I think what you meant to say is that it's best when paired with 15 year old girls

drink responsibly

151 is GROTY

kek

Keked and checked

100% Ethanol or GTFO you pussy

HAHAHAHAHA KEKEKEKEKEKEKE SHREKT

Stream it

Just drink shots of it without any water or sugar or some other bullshit

My sister went to Europe and came back and gave me a bottle of absinthe. I went out to friends place and finished the bottle. Don't remember anything. Apparently I was talking to a demon in the corner of the room for 5 hours. While playing PlayStation 3 with the controller in my feet.

How many dicks were in your ass that night?

I bet when you passed out all your friends fucked you in the ass

>Has wormwood and alcohol
>Not a drug
Thujone was thought to be hallucinogenic, but you'll convulse before you see shit. Both thujone and alcohol are drugs

Used to drink it. Nothing too special the wormwood adds a different drunk feeling and it gets you their quick. I also used to love the preperation of it sugar cube, fire, etc. But I'd just as soon pop a beer these days

Sugar cube, absinthe over sugar cube in drops, refines your tolerance to it. Light sugar cube on fire

Can you tell your little sister to stop texting me, I already told her I dont want anything long-term that one night was enough for me. Its getting awkward now.

It's a nice drink that certainly grows on you.
Don't expect anything crazy, if you drink til drunk the drunk is only slightly tinted with 'something else'.
Just drink it to enjoy for what it is.

You're an idiot.

The ingredient that caused the hallucinations was wormwood. That has been removed, and replaced with a similar flavouring.

Its just like any other liqueur now.

Nah, m8.
They just limit the thug one content.
I made a heavy absinthe with my own wormwood and it didn't make that much difference anyway.
Just more bitter.

>thug one
Lol, thujone.

You are the biggest moron read the thread and read the ingredients on the bottle i posted.

Wormwood is still in it, the drug in wormwood "thujone" doesn't cause hallucinations anyway, it will cause convulsions before hallucinations