Applied at WalMart for extra cash during the holiday season

>Applied at WalMart for extra cash during the holiday season.
>Called back for an interview for a inventory position.
>Showed up to interview dressed professionally with a resume and references.
>Have 3 years of experience in retail doing customer service, sales and inventory.
>Actually worked for WalMart for a year previously.
>Clean background, drug free, high school diploma and have left all previous companies on good terms.
>Turns out it's a group interview with two other people.
>Guy #1 Shows up to the interview on time and has warehouse experience from when he was younger but just got out of a two year prison stint for armed fucking robbery and drug trafficking.
>Guy #2 shows up to the interview late dressed in t-shirt, basketball shorts and sneakers and smells like weed with no work experience or references.
>Go through the interview and we all get job offers.
>I sign off on the job offer and background check and the manager says that he will be contacting us within a week for orientation if the background checks clear.
>Week passes and I hear nothing so I do a follow up call and the H.R. person tells me my background check cleared they are waiting for everyone else's so they can set up orientation.
>Another week passes and I hear nothing so I drive to the store to talk to the H.R. people in person and they tell me they turned down my offer.
>On my way out I run into the other to guys who they put to work.
I'm pretty fucking pissed. Why the fuck would WalMart hire a felon and a pot head NEET over me?

hahahaha

you showed up dressed nicely to walmart

those jobs are hell on earth. you are lucky they didnt hire you. honestly, theres not many jobs worse than walmart. i once had a manager call me over the store microphone because i left to take a shit.

he was like "HEY, (NAME HERE) YOU ARE NEEDED IN ZONE BLAH BLAH BLAH. REPEAT, (NAME HERE) YOU ARE NEEDED IN ZONE BLAH

You're too much money to keep.
Walmart is for people trying to get a foot in the door, i.e. weedbro, or people who have ht THE dead end in life.

They're cheaper to pay.
Walmart Employee here.

You're smart enough to start changing things.
They don't want people. They want warm bodies that'll do basic functions without questioning anything

I didn't even try to negotiate pay though.

you cost more

really? was Cred Forums not enough?

No one replied, so I was like fuck it I'll post on Cred Forums.

Maybe they think you’re too good for Wal-mart? That it’s very likely you’ll quit as soon as a better job offer is available, which is soon.

>This

I assume the problem is that they weren't trying to fill a management position.

They mean like in legal terms, like i'm sure walmart has an incentive to hire the convict, like a government program or something along that line. I'm no expert in hiring practices or laws, i'm just adding one and one.

> manager at Wal-Mart. Have three guys interested.
> first guy has an arrested but did warehouse work, probably a hard worker and can't Fuck up probation so he's reliable
> second is a kid who smells like weed and is funny. He should be fun to work with.
> third guy comes in wearing a Fucking suit and acting professional.
> are you Fucking kidding me?
> probably the type of guy who would personally visit hr when i reject him
> get a call from Sarah in hr two weeks later
"Lol, he actually showed up. You called it"

Did were a full blown suit, even I'm not that fucking retarded.

*didn't

Point still stands. You didn't get hired because you sound like a dick. Probably 90% of your co workers at Wal-Mart probably smoke weed and you're going to criticize a pothead kid trying to get his first job?
Furthermore, you actually went to hr personally? That's not normal behavior. You sound like a social reject and you probably didn't get hired because you're a judgemental social reject

>Stoner fag gets chosen over OP because he is prolly a nigger and muh affirmative.
>Stoner fag makes fun of OP on Cred Forums.
>OP upset because he lost a job to a nigger just because he is a nigger.
>OP finds new job that pays more because he takes himself seriously.
>Nigger works for ShartMart for rest of career until he gets shot by a cop for resisting arrest because he used his ShartMart paychecks to buy dope.

you are supposed to follow up when you receive a job offer but you wouldn't know that being a neet. there is nothing wrong dressing professionally to a job interview no matter what job you are taking and the pot smoker should take the interview a little more seriously. I seriously doubt op was a dick to any of these people and he is just on here venting. however walmart is a shit job and you would be better off working somewhere else. walmart also hires by headcount so the interview probably didn't even come in to play their names just happened to be written down first.

Keep telling yourself that faggot. No one is going to hire someone who gets their feelings hurt so bad that they are going to complain directly to hr when they don't get hired for Wal-Mart for extra cash.
I mean, think about it, they don't have an hr department IN Wal-Mart. The Fuck actually found the local headquarters for Wal-Mart and went there just so he could PERSONALLY ask someone about his part time seasonal job.
This is autistic as fuck

what hell hole do you live in where you have to compete to get a walmart job?

this

No, I have a job and I'm in school. No one cares how nice you dress or how professional you act at a job like Wal-Mart. It's physical work, you're not applying for an administrative job at a hedge fund. You fucks buy into the koolaid baby boomers sell you so bad it hurts.
You know what a manager wants to see? If you're likeable and if you can do the job without acting like a cunt.
Op is unlikable and he would probably act like a cunt.

You would eventually. They want to hire workers with no future, who are without options. By your description of dress, manner, and ability to form coherent sentences, it sounds like you do have options.

Op here, didn't complain to H.R. once I don't know where the fuck you are getting that. I just called and said that I haven't heard anything from you how's the background check coming along? Also Walmart does have an H.R. department just about every retail store has an H.R. department this just proves the poster's point above you that you are a NEET and have never held a job.

Op let it go and move on. Maybe they knew people, maybe you fucked someones gf at WM?
There is many jobs that need season help go get one. What happened to you is BS but life is BS.
I once interviewed for a job most qualified person for the job. I was also the only person who had experience doing that job. Still lost out to some people's friend who they wanted in there. Its life go get an ice cream sandwich and move on.

Oh, you're just lying then. Because Wal-Mart doesn't have an HR department IN THE FUCKING STORE.
It's a retail chain, they don't put the buyers and hr and administrative staff in the Fucking retail stores.
What, do you think when you go to a shopping center, all those people just sit in backrooms? They have an office and hr departments at the offices and manage several stores at a time around the location.

If you got one person who is professional, has experience and a record of doing right vs. someone who doesn't respect themselves enough to take a shower and wash the pot smell of there clothes before coming to an interview the choice shouldn't be that hard to make. I never once acted like a cunt to the manager's or any of the interviewees. Hiring people based on who you want to hang out with vs. who can get the the freight moved, job done and bonuses made is fucking retarded. You sound like the type of asshole who doesn't work and sucks managers off to get his way.

no, talking to people in person is absolutely normal behaviour

are you a millienial faggot that's married to your phone?

I've worked with Walmart in the past, I had an interview in the H.R. office. Either you're fucking with me and trying to piss me off or you are just really really really fucking stupid.

You are not going to get the job done because you have a mentality of a by the book, annoying, entitled, pedantic little dickhead who thinks he is better then everyone else and should be the manager because he knows better. I would hire you even if I was wildly understaffed because you would just lower the quality of life of everyone around you and I don't know how long I could last seeing you everyday without wanting to punch you in the face

I think when he said he was in school he meant high school and I think when he said he had a job he meant his mom gave him an allowance for taking out the trash.

No, you call people on the Fucking phone like a normal person and you don't show up unexpectedly. Christ.

>I'm pretty fucking pissed. Why the fuck would WalMart hire a felon and a pot head NEET over me?

you really want to know?

because when there are inventory discrepancies, the last thing a manager needs is an honest employee

Honestly Cred Forumsro it seems like they realised you'd only be there for the holidays and will eventually leave, they probably want the others since, as the others have said they're pretty dead-end in terms of future prospects, and they'd probably be able to get years out of them. I've had the same situation in the UK when trying to get into the retail side of the tailoring industry, a uni degree and better fashion sense meant I didn't get the job (the interviewer basically told me in an aside), but don't feel too bad, there are other better paying jobs out there and those guys are at least tying to contribute and work instead of lounging around on benefits. Break a leg at your next interview, think outside the box, maybe a small boutique shop or a bar (I don't know how old you are or need to be to work in one, since drinking age is 18 here we don't even think about it).

>HR are normal people maymay

lying is harder in person. you do it to get honest answers.

It's pretty common practice when you don't get a job based on an interview to follow up and ask what exactly went wrong so that you can improve on future interviews. At least that's been my experience in the financial sector.

Been working for Walmart for 10 years as well as Managerfag. We can't change the rate of pay. The system won't let us so that's bullshit. Give the number to the Walmart and preferably the store number. If you want the job I can get you in.

You do it to get a weird look and have them explain the obvious when you socially inept retard couldn't take the hint when they
1. Didn't call you back.
2. Still didn't call you back.

So you literally drove out there unannounced only yo have them sit you down and explain to you that when someone doesn't call you back
You didn't get the job.

This is because Walmart double dips for their profits. They want to hire people they know are on welfare because they know they'll spend their welfare at walmart. This means they get to pay them near nothing, and take their welfare money. Walmart is well known for this. Walmart is exactly everything wrong with the Republican party politics .

>extra cash during the holiday season.

Did you let them know about this? because if you did you fucked up op.

They don't want to hire people, train them and see them leave

is honesty really so hard for you?

Never once brought up that I was better then anyone during the interview or gave management any idea that I was pissed off. I literally had an interview, called back to follow up and went in person to follow up. You're pretending like me venting here is how I acted towards management. And yes I deserve the job over the pothead. For starters I worked my ass off to accomplish everything that I put down on my resume. I worked to be number one in customer service, I unloaded trucks in 100 degree weather, mopped toilets, never called in sick, worked split shifts/overtime when need, etc all for shit pay. The pothead didn't even have the decency to half way make himself presentable. I could understand if it was a kid straight out of highschool but it wasn't he was in his late 20s (I'm only 23) and I don't know how the hell you don't have some sort of work experience of references by that age. And to have him get chosen over me kinda pisses me off. After reading all the other anons post I a lot feel better and kind understand why Walmart didn't pick me up. A lot of them were right it would be a quick stop before I found a better job just like I did in the past. BTW It's not entitlement when you work your ass off to earn something and have people to willing to back you up and give you a reference because they were happy with your work. It is entitlement however just to recieve a job just because you look like you would be fun to hang out with.

they want people with nothing to live for and nowhere else to go. they know as soon as you get a better job offer you'll be out the door while those two will probably work for state minimum wage until their next arrest or they die.

Op here, it was a seasonal position (I would have been let go in three months anyway), also I worked for Walmart previously and the training is non existent.

This

Typical cap they do

Blah blah blah blah, you sound like a dick who would make everyone else's life miserable because you are so Fucking full of yourself. I do not want to work with someones ego who is going to put that much effort into Wal-Mart. We don't need you to never call off, no one asked you to never call in sick. You did that to yourself and you expect everyone else to respect you for it.
No, you are not hirable not because you work hard or not. You are not hirable because you are going to work more then anyone asked or needed and then lord that over others.

501x932x8529

Shouldn't be doing this but i hate when people like you get fucked over like this. When i tell my Assistants to hire people i tell them to look for everything that you brought to the table at your interview. If you change your mind Cred Forumsrother and want the job text me my names Jim and I'll make it happen.

Former Fuck-Mart manager here who moved on to a much better company almost 10 years ago. I can tell you without a doubt, unless you went full sperg in your interview, that your previous experience working at Wal-Mart is the reason you were not re-hired. Even if you leave favorably, many stores will blacklist you from being re-hired in the system. Especially if there was a manager that didn't like you. Which I'm going to guess there were a few.

You didn't seem enough like a mindless work puppet. Walmart loves their mindless work puppets. They offer only shit jobs which require mindless work puppets to do for years at a time.

Thanks, /bro/ but that area code is far away. I'm not worried about the job. It's the principle of the matter. I previously worked at Best Buy as a Home Theater Rept. and left on really good terms. The manager there actually still tries to call me in and whenever they need help or when they have seasonal shit. I'll have a job by the end of this month without a problem. It just I got my jimmies rustled over losing an opportunity that shouldn't have been a competition.

That's what I figure but the manager I was interviewing with said that it just said I left for better opportunities and nothing bad.

You sound like a dickhead who calls in all the fucking time, doesn't work or works at a snail's pace and kiss manager's asses eveytime you want something.

Warehouse/Inventory at any big box store is a terrible job with high turnover. Hard work with crappy hours, not to mention boring.

The other candidates were more desperate, plain and simple. Easier to retain and cheaper to pay.

You need to find a job that respects the work you are putting into this.