Should I take anti-depressants or will my brain just get toasted?

Should I take anti-depressants or will my brain just get toasted?

toasted
goodbye to being you

i personally went batshit insane due to antidepressants, but it may work on a small percentage of depressedfags

Being me is no fun at the moment.

Ssris dont "toast" your brain. Side effects yes, but if you find the right one it will help you.

Don't take them

Pretty sure any chemical changes will have an effect. Also...orgasms with no enjoyment.

pro-tip ketamine and certain SRA tryptamines work better than big pharma's toxic sugar pills. Exercise and nutrition play key role in the maintenance as well.

Don't forget forming healthy relationships, regular sex and not having assburgers too.

Yo, was on a series of different ones over the years. Depends what you take, and what your problem is.

I found a good combination that helped a bit without going too much is low dosage of Welbutrin and Fluoxitine, or Prozac as it is called normally.

Welbutrin on its own made me more honest and edgy, but wasn't helpful for being whatevr.

Definitely mellowed me out a lot, and got me through some rougher parts of growing up. Been off meds for like, 6 years now, but was useful while I was on it, and might be for you.

as a side note, DONT PLAN TO DO IT INDEFINITELY. Most of what the drugs are good for is getting you to a place where you can learn to be healthy and moderately not unhappy on your own. They're not good long term and will have bad effects.

Also, the second half of this; Exercise, eating right, and getting some hobbies/skills you're good at... it'll help you cultivate a sense of self and control over your life, and eventually lead to you not needing the drugs.

Well I'm fucked then. I can't see this helping me im the short term. I guess some of us just have to accept we are different. At least by not popping pills I'll have a clear mindset.

Took seroxat for about a year.... fucked me up by letting me have no fear for death, pretty bad for a suicidal user .... then again, one doctor tought I should go out drinking alcohol instead, wich again is not very smart to a suicidal user.

Just stop being depressed faggot you don't have real problems.

firstly are you depressed? Some doctors are too fast to give them out, if it is clinical depression then yes, they help for about thirty to fifty percent of people, but ...secondly, have you ever been manic - if so, watch out because they can flip you over into mania if you are actually bipolar not just clinical depression.

if never manic, then ok, but watch out for early changes in thinking - particularly sudden suicidal ideas which are very common in the first two weeks when you start any SSRI (not just Prozac) and when you go up in dosage (Particularly with Prozac).

i found that prozac made me paranoid, suicidal and break out in sweat (like drenched in two seconds on a cold day, and shaking) and it got worse as dose went up. then I flipped into psychotic break, and they realized I was Bi polar...

but I know many people who they worked for. Just make sure you have someone to talk to especially of you get suicidal. explain before time to them that it might happen, it is normal and part of the drug, and they can tell you that back when you are fantasizing about tall buildings and bread knives. it helps.

Not him but taking pills in the short term helped me, I was at a very low point a few years ago and taking antidepressants helped level me out, after about 6 months I felt more balanced and the sadness chipped away and I worked myself off the meds.

you might say things wont help but that might just be the sadness talking.

By short term I mean like, 2-4 years. It takes time to get your head straight. I still get depressed sometimes, but I now have mental tools to get out of it. I'd try it, honestly, if you're really never enjoying anything. It made me realize how much my depression was a series of bad perspectives that were inescapable without another option being realistic to my mind. The drugs made it real, and then I could self-perpetuate it.

I'm sure there are a lot of faggots out there who are just being whiney, but it's hard to "just stop" the legitimate chemical imbalances that can come about for any number of reasons, friend.

I hate that gif because its so fake and gay, this idiot doesnt know how bullets work.

guys there's this girl i'm dating actually 8/10 only she had lot of problems during high school I guess took a lot of antidepressants
She still take some these days even if on less dosage

I'd like to suggest that she gradually stop taking pills and works against harsh times with other means, maybe even with my support or the support of those around her

Would I only make things worse?
Do I have to trust the medical opinion on anti depressant and reject my idea of them not being essential?
I dont know where the line is, am I judging it from a wrong yet privileged point of view?

I want to do the right thing for those around me, can you help me with your experiences?

Thank you

It's really up to her, if she feels she's ready to get rid of the pills then she should, if she feels she still needs it to stay balanced then leave it be, don't be a pushy bitch about it or you could do harm

also using the word privilege like that makes you look like an asshole.

No leave the manic bitch the fuck alone.

I didn't find they stopped me being me, just made me not be such a gloomy and disinterested me. At 150mg i stopped having erections - which was really quite shocking for a young man, and I couldn't orgasm until they took me down to 50mg (at 125, 100 or 75 I could get hard but not come, which my girlfriend sort of liked for a bit, but it was really frustrating.) I had suicidal ideation before Istarted them, so i don't know if it got worse int he beginning or not - I was not in a good place, and they banged me onto high dose asap.

possible Bipolar? I wasn't diagnosed until my late thirties after many low mania followed by depression events - the mania wasn't picked up because it was fun, productive and not disruptive, but the depressions were because they were fucking awful. Only when I was put on sertraline did the mania flip over happen and i was utterly out of control - and they realized what had happened.

well I say privilege because sometimes I think it all comes to luck, how bad certain situations might or might not affect you
Maybe I put that wrong

I havent even brought up the subject with her nor I'm actually planning to do it soon

what are the benefits of keep on with antidepressants?

I didn't feel any different with mine. They weren't bad but they didnt help

Let me guess, your diet is shit, sleeping habits are shit and you never exercise. Life has become unmanageable, you can't control your thoughts, nothing seems to make sense anymore and life just doesn't seem worth living.
Well change those shitbhabits of yours and all that will change. If not see a Chinese medicine practitioner.

The best thing you could do is probably to read a lot of books which could help you

maybe some dietary changes, some small changes you feel ok to make. maybe a bit less jerkin off all day long maybe

This is true but all Chinese things are scams

Microdose shrooms or lsd

One of the longest standing systems of medicine in the world
>A scam
You're not even trying Cred Forumsreh
Watch videos of acupuncture assisted surgery
There are even some from the ninety's si they're racist enough for b

depends. some fucked me in the head. others worked fine

yep i suspect im type 2 bipolar. so i didnt go full mania mode but i was extremely fucked up for a while

Alright I get what you're saying, not everyone faces adversity the same way, this is true, I've seen way too many use the word "privilege" like it was a sledgehammer to beat their opinions into people.

The main benefit is if she isn't having any kind of side effect from them then the stability is its own benefit, don't be afraid of talking to her about it, make it clear that you care and don't push if she wont budge.