Why did it only have one season?

Also Tv series thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aFj8eFZx-TA
youtu.be/UPuNhe2m8uM?t=42
youtube.com/watch?v=dh1RkW1of6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because nobody watched it and it got cancelled

Can't go wrong with a good Space Western, it's a staple genre. (Trigun, desert punk, etc)

We arent allowed nice things.

Didn't the station that aired it show the episodes out of order?

B5 was better

it was pretty much just a wild west show set in space. Where's the audience? They're watching wild west shows, that's where they are.

Fox fucked it up

- bad airtime
- No promotions
- Aired the episode's random

B5 was shit

yes, they screwed up big time

because you touch yourself at night

You mean other than the fact that it sucked?

How do you even manage to be that retarded?

(You)
B5 was shit

I want to hear your arguments

Uber old fag, or uber new fag. Hard to tell

fuck you, you no-taste-having, cocksucking turbofaggot

How do reavers clean their spears guys?

Because it sucked ass.

You probably like things with a lot of fart jokes so it can keep up with your short attention span.

Your wrong. Now leave.

>9.1/10 on IMDb
>sucked

choose one

They put it through.... The Wash

Here are my arguments
Characters were shit, except for that egg head guy
Acting was shit
Music was shit
Chekhov was shit
Effects were shit
DS9 did it so much better

>cancelled

That's a fancy word for sucked. And the follow up movie feltched donkey ass.

because fox sucks

true. I never even heard of it until well after it had been cancelled. I was skimming channels late one night and landed on Serenity on HBO or Cinemax. Loved the movie, looked it up on imdb and found out about the series. Bought the dvd's at Target the next day.

Serious question though, any sci-fi shows you recommend?

Your wrong
Your wrong
Your wrong
Your wrong
Your wrong

Sorry man, your wrong.

>fancy word for sucked
Futurama got cancelled like 5 times right? So did a bunch of other really popular and highly rated shows. Your damage control is showing.

Dark Matter on Netflix is a decent Firefly wannabe show

>Fancy word for sucked

Holy mother of god no way your that stupid.

That's OK, we're all entitled to our opinions.
Mine is that B5 was crap.
Perhaps it got better, I couldn't stomach more than the first season.
Hey, at least it was better than Space Precinct.

see

If I were to review Dark Matter I would say it was "OK"

The music part irked me something fierce.

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE SKY FROM ME DAMMIT.

Because Futurama was worth bringing back. Firefly is the most mary sue scifi garbage ever regurgitated into a television.

The Expanse is one of the best things of any genre to come out this year. Its amaze-balls.

Futurama really is bad though. It's at best mildly funny, but not enough to actually laugh at.

Oh you fucking asshole.

Firefly song is the worst fucking theme song. i fucking hate it.

Keep meaning to watch that.
Worth it then?

The only show that matters right now is Peaky Blinders. Unless, of course, you're re-watching Deadwood or the Wire or Rome

Troll detected.
Also, :3

none of them are on netflix, fuck i hate Sweden

YOU
CANT
TAKE
THE
SKY
FROM
ME
FAGGOT

Star Trek Enterprise challenges your assertion

Here are my arguments
Characters were shit, except for that egg head guy
What about Londo Mollari and G'kar?
Acting was shit
It was cheesy but it had it moments like Londo G'kar Delenn and Garibaldi
Music was shit
Chekhov was shit
Yes he was
Effects were shit
Remember they we're made with Amiga software
DS9 did it so much better
Ds9 was good but different show.

Dont want to argue you opinion just want have converisition.

That's because both are current and not in Netflix anywhere as far as I'm aware

>Troll detected.
not even trolling. Futurama is boring.

It was boring and shit, and a poor live-action copy of Cowboy Bebop

Because FOX is watched by normies and if it had been picked up by the Sci-Fi Channel (before it's gay renaming) they wouldn't have been able to afford to pay Joss Whedon.

It's a bummer though. It was a fun show. I haven't had a good sci-fi show to watch since Battlestar Galactica ended. Am I missing anything?

seriously. i get embarrassed for everyone involved when the song starts.

oh, just took it for granted that it was just us getting fucked in the ass again

On par with pic related. Shit was gay as fuck. LGBT Star Trek.

>That last line though
Me Tarzan. You Jane

sad thing is, Fox gave Whedon another fucking TV show (Dollhouse) and killed that too.

>Summer pls

I keep meaning to go back and give it another chance.
I could not stand that guy with the hair and his retarded nephew. At least his interactions with the egg head guy (G'kar) were entertaining.
Watch the first episode again and cringe at the amount of blatant exposition. Such bad writing.
That opening scene "The name of the place is Babylon 5" is awful. Nobody speaks like that.
Yes the effects were done on the equivalent of an Amiga but maybe they shouldn't have been, because they were quite clearly shit.
My understanding is that DS9 actually used since of B5's rejected scripts early on.

Babylon 5

;_;

It's no Firefly, but I'm enjoying it so far. On season 1, episode 11. I suspect I'd like it even more if I'd never seen Firefly. I find myself making comparisons often.

Seasons 1 and 2 of Dark Matter are on Netflix here in the US. Up until this thread I thought it was a Netflix original.

Because Whedon is a giant fucking spineless faggot.

People who liked Firefly also liked:

>trap threads
>cuck threads
>bad dragon dildoes
>severe anal trauma

Some show should do a gag where the characters go into an alternate universe and find Season 2 Firefly DVDs.

NO! WE HAVE TO BRING THEM BACK!!

Would be lulz.

no
no
no
and no, but people who like Dragon Ball Z like all of those things

We've recently started season 2 of DM. It's enjoyable enough but almost all the actors were in Continuum or Stargate. It's like watching an Australian soap opera.
I didn't know it was on Netflix, I believe it's a SyFy original.

back in the early days of Castle they had Nathan Fillion dress up in his Firefly outfit for a Halloween costume

youtube.com/watch?v=aFj8eFZx-TA

Joke's on you, buttplug. I like King of the Hill. Now go sit on your rainbow dash cock, and think about what a faggot you are.

Firefly was the best. No stupid aliens, just humans in space. BSG was second best for the same reason. For aliens, Farscape was the best.

Mmmm, Morena Baccarin

>tfw I liked Firefly and I like Archer
Checkmate, Atheists.

Honestly, it was a fantastic show. For real.

God damned idiots at Fox....

inorite?

I guarantee I'm old enough to be your daddy
son

I doubt that, "daddy". You'd think taste would come with age, but here we are.

Same. I mean why would one not?

Not that guy but
>aren't you fucking happy you're older
If there's something worse than little brats disrespecting elders it's elders using that as a "oh I'm better, know more and can be condescending" to people.

Adria is best Morena Baccarin

I'd recommend Blake's 7 to anyone who has not seen it. While the special effects are rather lousy, it is probably one of the best written and acted sci fi series ever.

Because it was shite . Cowboys in space wtf!.
Film was ok though

here is my beef about firefly

it feels like writers were told to write story about
life after usa civil war for a losing side

so they did, interesting characters, great episodes, a lot of work done

then directors come in and told them - ehh, it was just metaphorical you coke addicted fucks we wanted story based in future with those themes

and then writers went fuck it

train became space train, gun - a space gun

contraband - a space contraband

actually tried to watch this shit yesterday. Couldn't even get through the first half of episode one. And i'm into nerdy stuff. This feels xena the warrior princess-tier. (i e shit tier)

Let's be honest, none of us are going to watch Blake's 7 when there's too much current TV to watch

She was hot in V .

Not as good as dark matter

100% incorrect at least try

D'oh! I just checked and it's only season 1 on Netflix.

Even if it's opinion based (which it is), nobody can argue that those special effects were good. If we disagree on everything else those are indefensible.

Nah...

By the way, Firefly was the only show that depicted the true effect of engine noise in outerspace - none. Noise can't travel in vacuum. Take this sci-fi.

Definetly

It. Wasn't. Good.

Oh wow...that's what I told your mother a few days ago. Wow..

Fuck you, man. My mom died from watching Firefly...

>By the way, Firefly was the only show that depicted the true effect of engine noise in outerspace - none. Noise can't travel in vacuum. Take this sci-fi.

This is a fine detail and all, but don't kid yourself into thinking that it in any way, shape, or form makes for good TV.

Ok Mr. Shapeform, name 3 shows that are better than Firefly, and why?

>3 shows that are better than Firefly,
>Big Bang Theory because hilarious nerds
>Friends because hilarious friends
>Two and a Half Men because hilarious guy stuff

No, Fuck you, mom. My Firefly died from watching man.

Let me refrain.

3 SCI-FI shows

fucking moron

BSG - It had more than one season, and people watched it.

Star Trek - It had more than one season, and people watched it.

Earth: Final Conflict - It had more than one season, and people watched it.

Is someone else. Points are still valid though even though they don't follow the rules you made up after.

it's not a refrain if it's a different request

>No counter argument

Oh man, Earth: FInal Conflict was a piece of work! This was one of those that so bad, it was actually good. Felt...comfy watching it. Like Babylon 5.

Fuck you, you piece of shit.

what

>what
you meant to say "rephrase," imbecile.

It was Gene Roddenberry's most human vision of the future.

>More seasons means it's better
>omg new companies suck cause they dont start with a crapload of products in their product line
>omg others dont have my product it must suck
You're talking about marketing, sheeple. Marketing is there to sell you a product, not to give you the best product.

Please bring valid reasons.

What are you talking about?

The product is the show, which didn't sell, so it got cancelled.

There's nothing more to it.

>Please bring valid reasons.
ur a fgt

checkm8

That doesn't make it good at all.
You're kind of proving the point that you can, indeed, sell shit to people. And here we have someone defending shit.

exclusiveshit.jpeg

The point I'm making is that it's better because it didn't suck so bad that they didn't suck so bad that they got cancelled.

You're just arbitrarily saying that not sucking so bad that they got cancelled isn't a valid reason.

I love this show. It kinda has a teenagers are empowering bullshit theme behind it but the story is pretty good. If Fallout had a tv show it would be this.

Shit characters
That 26yo woman passing for a traumatized spastic teenager is cringe-worthy.

I had the biggest crush on Morena on Firefly. I really wish she was my Companion

Autism does speak

What film is that?

I was a browncoat.
Bet most of you fags are to young to know what one was.......

That show is raped-by-a-brown-bear bad.

It means you have IBD.

Dear god yes.

because it was overrated garbage

>amaze-balls
Please stop using this, user.

saying you liked Firefly is like saying "I'm nerdy""i'm a gamer" "i'm a gamergurl lolxnerd"

People will vote anything a 10 to fit in

Space Above and Beyond was better. Why? because i say so

Because it actually fucking sucks.

Firefly wasn't good. Get off joss whedon's dick

Because it wasn't that good so nobody watched it and it couldn't sell enough ads to justify its existence.

Because it's fanbase's cock thirst is rivaled only by undertale fans.

Wow , so witty 1/10 faggot

Even Enterprise was better than Firefly. Farscape

Even non space shows like First Wave or Seven Days

About as witty as identifying as a made up faction in a mary sue sci-fi show. Stay cringey, my friend.

It was okay but River was useless and a waste of space. River, not Summer Glau who did the best she could with the terrible character she had. Serenity (the movie) should have focused on Shepherd Books back story which would have been more interesting than the physic thing which has been done to death.

>Autism: The Post

That's how your mother won this award!

What was shepherds back story?

Gentlemen, I would call your attention to the following:
youtu.be/UPuNhe2m8uM?t=42
And while you listen, imagine the nigga on the bass playing his heart out.

check mate.

there was a comic explaining it. he was an operative, if i recall correctly.

youtube.com/watch?v=dh1RkW1of6E

I'll have to have a google

>implying it's wrong

"This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

this on popcorntime, yes?

Shepard was a brown coat who infiltrated the highest ranks in the Alliance. He had the single greatest victory against the alliance and was was left for dead on a moon. That is how he found God and became a shepherd.

Joss whedon is a great man in many ways, but listening to his songwriting is painful.

Any tard watched this?????

"Hundreds of years in the future, things are different than what we are used to after humans have colonized the solar system and Mars has become an independent military power. Rising tensions between Earth and Mars have put them on the brink of war."

Throw in some mecha and we'd have Gundam or Aldnoah Zero

Only watched b5 from the second season. Just got better and better. Went back and watched season 1.
>YouGottaBeShittinMe.png
Tell any friends skip s1

same for every star trek

I never watched Babylon 5 for real and I just realized that when I tried, the show was brand new so I guess I saw the shitty ones. With that in mind maybe I need to check it out again, although I wouldn't actually skip a season. But yes even my beloved TNG was goddamn atrocious in its first season. It can't be denied.

Wasn't babylon 5 a ds9 rip off?

From the little bit that I remember, I could see that, except didn't those two shows come out at right about the same time?

As an addendum, I loved DS9, even though, again, shit first season. It's my second favorite Star Trek.

DS9 came out first but people say DS9 was ripped off from B5 idea that was pitched to the studio. Studio then declined B5 only to make DS9