I recently played a show with Die Antwoord and was completely surprised by how completely inaccessible they were

I recently played a show with Die Antwoord and was completely surprised by how completely inaccessible they were.
It was disappointing...but, as performance artist, I assume they just didn't want anyone seeing them "out of character".
They made sure that noone was near them from the bus to the greenroom and stage. Actually had their management tell stagehands and staff to disappear before they stepped foot off the bus.

Anyone else experience something similar with them or another group?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_nCBIQnzNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you in crystal castle?

they don't just chill with any old gay faggots. It's really frustrating to put up with your constant shit

I heard on the set of chappie they were rude assholes and everyone hated them. I disliked them a little because of that and never saw the movie.

Went to go see Brand New, they didn't stay after the show to meet fans or do autographs. They just left immediately. Ugh.

On the other hand, I saw Bill Burr live and not only did he stay behind, he shock my hand and said thank you. I may not always agree with Ol Billy red face, but I sure do respect him.

Karen?

Movie sucked balls so doesn't matter

not really. But it makes sense because they rely so heavily on their enigma. I try to be as open minded as possible about music, but I think there's absolutely ZERO artistic merit to what they do. Very standard production + mediocre rap + garbage songwriting. But a lot of people seem to enjoy it, hell, even my dad listens to them! It's all about the brand and the aesthetic though, music is secondary

I think this is hilarious too. You like a mega-popular pop-punk band like Brand New and you expect them to stick around after the show to appease the fans? Be happy that they're still touring after all these years! I saw and shook hands with Billy Burr too, but his fans aren't as rabid as the brand new teeny bopper crowd

The beats are good.

I get what they're doing, but they are fucking terrible musically lol. I like them, but I do not listen to their music, even just for a laugh.

i noticed Otep's security team is ridiculous. That bitch acts like she is so badass expressing her extreme political opinions about trump and feminism and shit but shes protected but 15 men all the time. one big fat dude even stood on stage and glared at the ga pit the whole time, he stood there during the whole show. i had to stand in line and get glared at by her whole team just to get an autograph. shes a coward.

i saw their show about 3 months ago. it was okay, kinda soulless and bereft of production value, maybe they just don't have the budget for a cool visual show, but their style IS so visual, it was a weird disconnect.

I like many of their songs, but after that show, I wouldn't really go out of my way to see them again.

nope. it's outdated tech garbage. THESE beats are good.

youtube.com/watch?v=f_nCBIQnzNU

If standard and mediocre as you say, then list a few equivalents. Should be easy. Also define "artistic merit." as you see it.

MFA artfag, music teacherfag, professional performerfag here.

I can faceroll a metronome too.

At least the sounds are unique though. Die Antwoord sound like they're still using presets from the early naughts.

Fugazi has artistic merit.

j/k. fuck this discussion. it wont go anywhere. That's nice that you put yourself on a pedestal though. I dont need to list my resume to express my opinion

Retard, stupid, digital, cancer music, why should you give a fuck?

I can understand that normal plebs like cancerous shit like Beyonce and Kanye etc.

but die antwoord is real tacky and fucking trashy cancerous fake ugly sounding shit.

>imad.bmp

early 'aughts? You mean? Totally. And fuck that 1,4,5 bullshit and harmony and melody and cadence and rhythm. So fucking old fashioned right?

>eyeroll.jpg

"tacky" lol.