- Polygraphy and graphology
- Chemtrails
- Intelligent design, or any short of creationism
- Everything is toxic/cancerous/bad in general
- Homeopathy and water memory
- The earth is flat
- Any kind of quantic bullshit
- Paranormal and parapsychology study
- UFOs and aliens in general (including area 51)
- Faith based medicine

Please Cred Forums, as a scientist, I really, really don't understand why people believe this things. I can understand some poeple do it, but it's so prevalent that it's unbelievable.

I'm a doc, today a girl with 15 yo died because of some parents who believed this bullshit, was agonizing with her illness for almost 3 years. I felt so powerless that I just needed to tell anyone.

Science isn't pretty, I get it, I just don't know why is it so difficult for people to understand that, sometimes, they are wrong (as much as I do, I just don't kill anyone because of my pride)

>Vaccination doesn't cause autism, and in fact, is very effective in almost all cases. There are some very ocasional problemas, and it's true, some vaccines aren't refined enough and are dangerous, but the ones used usually are pratically 100% safe, and are effective against pathology

>I won't even comment about the existence of soul or anything like that. One thing is the world we all live in, another thing is the believe some people have because they are afraid of death

>Polygraphy isn't useful because from a scientific point of view it isn't strong enough, there is a good base there, and with time and research can lead to a good result, but right now it's not trustable, and the fact that was used by some goverments as a trial method makes me shiver

>Chemtrails is just ridiculous, condensation is just a natural process, besides, as a natural process in substance state, it isn't exclusive of planes. It happened before planes even existed

---I'll continue (1/2)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3vKJMFta6vI
theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/17/british-teeth-us-dentistry-oral-health
nasw.org/users/mslong/2009/2009_10/Epigenetics.htm
nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2015/06/marijuana-science-drug-research-legality/
youtube.com/watch?v=QZb11PA5H20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree, except for area 51.

You can see it from a hilltop in Nevada with binoculars. It's really there. I saw it myself.

>Evolution is one of the most solid theories of science, next with the atomic theory and the standart model of physics. Theory isn't a sinonim of "no proof", theories in sicnece need a lot of proof, and as I said, those two ones are so proven that entire fields have them as foundations. In fact, evolution isn't a theory anymore, as there are two verified species that evolved in one human generation (one bacteria that eats plastic, which isn't found in nature; and the tasmania devil, who developed in 4-6 generations cancer immunity)

>Toxicity is real, but everything isn't toxic, just because toxicity only has 2 things in common, a substance and how it affects our body. Based on that, and assuming infinite values, everything is indeed toxic, but with reasonable limits, we can limit a lot the list. A lot of people believe cannabis (weed) is toxic, and a lot of people too will agree that water isn't toxic. But as science proves, weed is very hardly toxic, and water can poentially be very opisonous (and people have died of... drinking too much water)

>To explain why homeopathy isn't true, and why water can't have "memory" (and in fact, if molecules have memory, something hardly true, water is one of the least inclined to do so, by far) is very difficult, because water is very complex to understand, specially when it's in a liquid state. I'll just say that there's a certain number of atoms a solution can have, and homeopathy dilutes way too much the sample, meaning that those pills are, literally, water. We call that in medicine placebo. Again, it is very difficult to understand why water can't have "memory", it's all based on the molecular structure water has while liquid, and it also explains it's density. Anyone interested can learn more in google with "flickering clusters water"

>the earth isn't flat, and it's so easy to disprove this one, that anyone who travels in a straight line, eventually, will realize it. Gravity and the moon prove it also

op here, area 51 exists, but it isn't an "alien base" or anything

I've spoken with an engineer there myself, they just work on military planes, and something related to speed (I don't know a lot of physics myself, but I believe it might be something related to camouflage in planes, as detection methods are deceived by shape and speed of a plane)

I have found almost undeniable arguments against the homeopatic crazies: Simply offer them their drug of choice in homeopatic form (usually ganja) and watch those minds going to work.

>Quantic theories and quantic physics isn't anything mystical or magic. It's just a field that studies how very very small particles interact with each other. I have to admit that they do some weird things, but nothing that can't be explained. However, people use the "quantic" tag everytime to give credibility to anything with "magic" properties. Please, quantum mechanics isn't anything esoterical, stop doing it

>I can't say much about paranormal and parapsychology experiences. I can explain most of them with my own medical knowledge and neuroscience/psychology, but it's a very open and broad subject, and I don't know much about it. I've met a real parapsychologist in real life, and all he did the 80% of the time was hypnosis, sugestion and sometimes some cognitive techniques. he was very prestigious in my country (France) so... I don't believe those kind of experiences exist at all

>Ufo and alines. Oh well. Please people, if we'd discovered ANYTHING like beyond earth life, the scientific community would go absolutely mad! Science is doing some serious research about that, and there are entire fields created for the sole purpose of that (like, for example, xenobiology). We believe there is life beyond earth, and we are so sure that we believe is as fact, it's just that we haven't found it yet. But when we find it, it will probably we bacteria or something like that. It will be a breakthrough, but there isn't alien conspirations to take over the world, just because a scientifically advanced species would have so. much. advantage. so much that we could do nothing, literally.
I mean they just came to our planet! who knows from where! we can barely get around our OWN solar system with a lot of effort, and no crew!

>I won't comment on faith based medicine, I'm just too hurt today because of it. Please people, I accept your believes, but for humanity and anything that is good, don't let your children suffer and die because of your believes. Please

Of course you're correct OP but your methodology is flawed. You cannot appeal to the stupid, illogical and unreasonable with facts, logic and reason. Only emotions and prejudice will work with these folks. Like Trump you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Your intelligence and education are working against you.

op here, the Duning-Kruger effect...

I don't know, I'm just trying to make them have that "spark", at least for a second, that can make them think a bit

>I'm just trying to make them have that "spark", at least for a second, that can make them think a bit
On Cred Forums? Maybe you're not as bright as you first sounded.

I just don't believe "ignoring the troll" works. Ignorance can be solved

I love this. One problem though - in homeopathy "like cures like" (e.g. caffeine is used to treat insomnia, not that there's any left in the solution) so they'd expect it not to work anyway.

>Past lifes or any form of "spiritual memory"

The information your load carries onto your offspring changes based on your life experiences over the course of as little as a year.

you = blown the fuck out

OP here, I know epigenetics, I'm relating to "soul transference", "memory regression" or anything lke that

OP:
>x doesn’t exist

You:
>this vaguely similar but totally unrelated thing does btfo lololol

You're an idiot.

>Ignorance can be solved
But you're not dealing with just ignorance. You're also dealing with stupidity. You can't fix stupid.

op here, he is, in fact, right, genetics isn't as firm an solid as thought, and it can vary with ease with, for example, emotions and circumstances

In my experience USA has a polarized society, with a very stupid half, religious and traditionalist; and a very scientific half that leadds scientific advance in the world, specially in biomedical science

flat earthers are as bad as chemtrail fags

This is very true. It's why we have a two party system although I think they both suck.

Relative of mine believes in that, Buddhist or something, and may have buried their daughter alive. After funeral rumors went around that she was in a coma because she never went to hospital, etc. fucking horrible

The reason people think "UFOs 'n' Shit" is because they tested some hella high tech shit there. at night, shit would seem like a ufo with how it flies and sounds

Couldn't vaccinations be considered homeopathic style medical treatment?

long time lurker here but this really grinds my gears. "Vaccinations cause autism" is preposterous. The study was delivered to the United states in the 70's or 80's by a conglomerate of doctors that were found guilty of fabricating the statistics in the study. Later, all doctors of the study lost their licensing and have since apologized to the medical community, stating that their study was a huge hoax. People are ignorant and want to believe whatever comes into their email from a distant relative stating that "so and so phony doctor claims to be able to cure aids" with no proof, methods or statistics.

Ben Goldacre said it best.

"If I flipped a coin 100 times and refused to disclose results from 50 of the flips, I could convince you I have a two-sided coin."

"As a scientist"
Shit, if you actually cared about science, you'd understand the fundamental flaw with asking this question.
Quick summary: The THEORY of Gravity. Well, we're not floating off into space, so I'll hope we can all accept this.
However, the problem comes in proving it. True proof (i.e. the state of becoming a fact) can only exist if any and all alternate hypotheses are completely disproven.
As such, can you 100%, within all of space, time, and existence, prove to me that the reason we're experiencing "gravity" isn't actually just aliens with psychic powers holding us down? No. Ergo, since you can't disprove the alternate, gravity is not a fact.
BUT, it has the preponderance of proof (i.e. we can most easily observe it), and so we accept it as a theory rather than a hypothesis.

Tldr; within science, you acknowledge nothing can be proven nor disproven, so you accept the one you can most easily observe.

These faggots cannot prove scientists wrong because they simply do not have the brain capacity to do such a thing. Let them condemn and eradicate themselves from the gene pool like the retarded shits they are. If they let their offspring die due to their incompetence and dumb beliefs, they should be locked up for life for SEVERE neglect.

Faith Based medicine can only work if the patient believes, which is why I go into a sperg-grade rage whenever people subject their children to faith medicine, because oftentimes the children don't truly believe it.

Before you say I'm wrong about Faith Based medicine, I never said it was effective, just that it can work. If you psych yourself up into believing you will get better, odds are your body will heal a little better because positive emotions releases chemicals and hormones that calm the body and allow it to function a bit more efficiently

op here, no because vaccines are based on a solution with an active principle (which varies, and is most of the times that same virus in a weak version, or that virus from an animal, which is innocuous to a human). Homeopathy just don't have an active principle, it's all water

op here, this is true. the scientists invented the results. quite literally
they acknowledged it later

- Vaccination causes autism
ITS THE FUCKING DOSE!! 20+ different vaccines in a short period of time for a baby is going to make them prone to brain complications. Vaccines don't cause autism but it increases the likelyhood.

Its like smoking. Smoking does not cause cancer but increases your likelyhood of it appearing.

OP here, well, there is then gravitational waves. but in fact it's true, in science we don't claim to "know it", we just have an "adecuate explanation for the moment", which of course can change with further research (this is known as falsability)

OP here, never said it didn't work, because it DOES WORK, but only because of placebo effect. But modern scientific medicine doesn't trust placebo effect, and is always effect, despite believe or not

false, children with autism are born with it. intern with a pediatrician for years and believe me you can tell when a child has autism way before they receive any vaccines, even if hep is refused at the hospital. you're a fucking moron. post articles showing me the dose of vaccines leads to increase a chance of autism? there are none out there. it's either inoculated virus or protein products that are injected systemically through an oil solvent into the muscle or given orally (in the case of rotavirus. you are a fucking moron and should read before you believe. not saying the medical community is omniscient or always truthful but if you have half a brain and actually care you can tell a good article/statistics for a poorly written fabrication.

glad you know the phonys, keep on keepin on op

Thank you for acknowledging it. As a college student, you'd be appalled at how many "scientists" I've met who don't accept this notion.
So, with this in mind, a few of your statements begin to fall a little flat, in my eyes.
Most of them undoubtedly have a preponderance of proof, but they could be proven wrong in any of a thousand different ways (most notably, if we redefine autism in the future (as we've done many times in the past) it could become apparent that vaccinations cause a more true form of autism, rather than what we currently know it as)

OP what is your job title/training

Are epigenetic changes really passed on? DNA unwinds for crossing over and I assume methylation/acetylation are not conserved during that extensive unfuckulation/refuckulation.

I make ass of u and me?

> as a scientist

OP here, yes, they can, i'm not telling that science has the truth. the whole point of this discussion is that non scientific methods of knowledge (included pseudoscience) are less true than those of science, and the argument that that kind of ignorance can do harm

but I'll give it to you, scientific method is not perfect, and can lead to error (and does lead to error), propper use of it and honesty can minimize that error, but it will still be there. it's a flawed tool, but the best tool i know of

almost neurology doc, finishing my training (in 2 months I'll have my own place)

Well OP, it's quite simple; The research is there for you, you're just too lazy to find it.
Well, more like you're flat out trolling and your horrible spelling/grammer proves it.

-There are 100+ studies proving Vaccines to in fact cause Autism, even immunologists are saying it.
-Past liVes (life is singular, present-tense. Obvious troll is obvious) have resulted in mysteries being answered and crimes being solved. Only criticism was some bullshit claim abuot parents' 'coaching' (As if that's even possible, they hadn't been solved in 40+ years, the parents are even literally too young to know any secrets about these mysteries/crimes that would end in them being solved).
-Polygraphs are court admissable evidence, clearly experts know better than some quack who steals credit for natural enzymes and chemicals by calling it 'pharmacy medicine'.
-Chemtrails are obvious to the naked eye, this literally can't get any simpler and you're a fucking moron if you can't understand it.
-Intelligent design was just proven by Michio Kaku, the most respected theoretical physicist of our time. Our generations' equivelant of Einstein.
-Everything is toxic, our pineal gland creates small amounts of Cannabinoids which cure cancer. You should know this if you're a legit doc. ALso that fluoride calcifies the pineal gland.
-Homeopathy and flat earth are fair digs. That's some flat out crazy shit right there.
-Quanic? Did you mean QuantUM? Are you smart enough to even get your damn terminology right?
-Paranormal occurances once again are actually proven. Just because you're too weak willed to look at the evidence, doesn't negate it.
-UFO's too. See above.
-Faith based medicine relies on self healing, it does actually work (sometimes).

Now stop calling yourself a scientist, scientists look at the evidence and assess reality.
You're just an opinionated man-child.
I wouldn't trust you to treat any of my family either - pets included!

OP here, they do pass, and in fact, not only affect us, but also our offspring, and in case of mothers, their 2nd offspring too (grandchild)

Op here, i'll try to respond the best as I can, but please have an open mind

what do you want me to explain? please give your sources and hipotesis

I know my man, and trust me, I have every intention of vaccinating my kids and giving them real medicine rather than some voodoo spirit restoration potion.
Just felt like adding my two cents on why I'm sceptical to immediately trust someone based on the idea of "science proves I'm right and you're wrong, so deal with it"

Ignoring the troll does work, if it's actually a troll. Ignorance in some cases can be solved, unless they're too prideful to admit that they're wrong.

And yet you fail to follow your own advice and do research. If you'd like to start arguing about bullshit that has been repeatedly proven with ACTUAL studies (not the kind of crappy studies you believe), please show your citation. Otherwise, kindly fuck off.

Do you happen to know where to buy a Voodoo Spirit Restoration potion? I'm not very skilled at potioncraft and am in need of some for my family. It's that time of year again.

same person as talking about vaccines, (OP), applying to med school now, age 23. nervous AF any words of wisdom

You are correct. Here, have some tits and pussy.

I think people are a little mislead by the word "potion", it's actually more of a powder.
Just go to the shadiest neighborhood in your city and ask for some white powder, it'll put some pep in your step for a few hours.
Protip: You'll know it's authentic if you see musicians, homeless people, or college kids nearby. They need spirit restoration potions the most.

What part of "I don't need an explanation, I actually do research" are you too stupid to understand? YOU are the one who needs an explanation, since you clearly do zero research.

You can just go fuck yourself. Go fuck right off. Demanding/believing only in studies is the troll response to everything. Reality determines the truth you dumb fuck, not biased paid-off staff in a fucking lab doing studies.

lol dimwit

A art.

I'm really thankful, I've studied medicine because it crushes my soul to see people suffering. I've made an oath and it's important for me

i never was at a doctor, never in my life.
i didnt take any medicamentes or vaccination.
it makes u sick, just think about it ....

u do trust in nanotechnic, but homöopathy doesnt work ?

u dont think there are aliens, why ? why u didnt even think for the possibility.

and to "watermemory" doesnt hear of it. but do a bottle with water of ur water tap , and one bottel with water out of a water source. the bottel with watter from source shows beautiful "ice flowers"

Thank you, sir. I'll make sure to bring plenty of gold and gems to please the powder craftsman so he'll be more inclined to provide me with enough Spirit Restoration Potions to keep my family safe. Again, thank you.

Without studies, you have nothing to base your reason upon beyond your imagination and coincidences which you mistake for evidence. Now fuck off.

OP I am also a doctor and all of the above (and more) make me want to rage quit life. It makes me genuinely sad that these people get to vote. People accept whatever drivel is spoon fed to them and then they turn around and spread it to others as if it's fact. No ability to ask their own questions or deduce an answer.

Antivaccers, non-GMOers, fad dieters, anti-pharmacueticals, vegans, anti-stemcells, bipartisans, broscientists, anyone who cares about pop culture, people who think western medicine is bad for you and refuse to take pills

^^INTO THE TRASH YOU GO

Let's be friends OP we can start a revolution. We probably have to start from scratch by killing nearly everyone...

This.

>UFOs and aliens in general (including area 51)
/thread

This is very interesting to me, do u have sources? I want to read more. U can just give me author/name of paper please?

just try to learn a lot. they will give you some hard work the first year and second, deal with it because it's where you'll learn the most. depending on what you specialize you'll have to study more or less, neurology is hard as fuck, but doable. Once you complete training, stay tunned with some good journals (NEJM my favorite). And believe in yourself, you will be a good clinic, trust me. Treat patients as human beings, not numbers, or I'll go there and beat the fuck out of your ass personally

give a man a homöopathical medicament, dont say him what it is. he has to notice himself and says what symptoms he feels. u will see it works, cause every homöophatical medicament has his own specific symptoms creating. and that homöopathie is safe ond dont can make u sick is wrong , it can.

youtube.com/watch?v=3vKJMFta6vI

try this

OP here, I do think there's aliens, it's just that conspiracies are false statements. But aliens are 100% existing, it's just that we haven't found them yet, but it's a matter of time

You may be right, but you're also a faggot.

I actually have a question.
Marijuana.
My brother was the type of dude who suffered from panic attacks nearly daily, tried to kill himself more times than I care to remember, etc.
He was put on shit like Xanax (not sure if that's how it's spelled, typing this as I'm walking to class) and it never helped, even made him more suicidal by the looks of it.
Then Colorado made weed legal, and now he's one of the least anxious people I know.
Any explanation? Would it actually be a semi-acceptable medication for things of this nature, or is he just slowly killing his brain, or is it just the placebo effect?

OP here, I can give you any source you need, because it's in fact a growing field in biology and genetics in general. What are you interested in?

Slob my knob! You clearly are an entitled 12vie who needs everything handed to him on a silver platter. You can literally get your own sources quicker than arguing over it, just by googling the topics ala "studies proving vaccines cause autism" immediately gives you a Scribd result with 108+

You're just fucking lazy. Proving me 100% right.

Yes, i do. I have fucking reality itself, you intellectual cripple. Einstein studied shit all.
Get rekt.

OP here, are you talking about cannabinoid usement?
Scientists are divided here, and a LOT of research needs to be done here, because there seems to be results showing good tendencies, bad tendencies, results that make us believe the past studies are wrong...
It's a mess to be honest, right now the only thing I know is that marijuana can be used therapeutically, and that it's not as bad as many people think (in fact, it can be a very beneficious substance), but it should be aproached with care and knowing what is being done

OP again, just getting it clear, cannabinoid use for chronic pain is very helpful (I suffer from chronic enchephalopathy, which marijuana is very very useful, but I don't smoke it because I'm that stuborn). It can be useful too in other pathology, but shows some damage in neural pathology, specially in anxiety, psychosis and depression (but again, needs further research)

It's not placebo, cannabis has a tendency to actually heal the brain. Most anxiety/adhd/autism/downes "Sydnromes" or "Disorders" are actually just a side effect of sustained long term chemical brain damage (J Pickering PhD ADHD, USA).

So when he takes cannabis, even smoking it results in a small repairing effect via the cannabinoids.

Our brains would already do this if we weren't fluoridated in the USA and Aus.

Which reminds me, OP forgot the fluoride 'conspiracy'. theguardian.com/society/2015/dec/17/british-teeth-us-dentistry-oral-health

>No Fluoride
>Better dental health nationally than USA

There are zero credible studies showing bad tendencies of cannabis. Either for healing or schizophrenia.

In fact, it seems the 'professionals' diagnosing cannabis users with schizophrenia are doing so just to milk a repeat client from false treatment.

OP here, I'm grateful to see a good reference, and it's in fact very good. Research I've consulted on the matter of neural effect of cannabis is both against it and with it, so I don't know actually what to pick. But as I said, when further study is done about the substance everything will be clarified, and of course, cannabis has the potential to be very benefitial (as it is already in some pathologies)

Its actually just a good medication for things like that for some people.

to an extent it could be the placebo effect but it always could be. The placebo effect can take place in effective drugs as well as fakes. If you really strongly believe the chemo will work it might work better for example.

He is not killing his brain. there in no evidence that marijuana would hurt some like that. Most all the damage from smoking pot is to your lungs and even then its drastically less than smoking cigarettes and isn't carcinogenic.

Op here, I'm aware of that, I'm just trying to be as skeptical as posible for the best m¡of my (future) patients. But I'm almost convinced that cannabis can be used, and of course, isn't the drug some people see in it

my bachelors is in biochemistry, 8 years ago i didnt really learn much about epigenetics at all. Just some basic post translational modification stuff

I am interested to see how the post-translational modifications are conserved through reproduction. It makes sense that it would be beneficial for life forms for epigenetics to be ineducable and heritable

nasw.org/users/mslong/2009/2009_10/Epigenetics.htm

hope it helps? I don't know exacty what you are asking, but on the matter of epigenetics there's plenty of stuff out there (Alberts - Molecular Biology of the Cell) or (Cold Spring Harvor Press - Epigenetics)...

Please let me know if I can help

There was a long list of Israeli doctors and mention of some 20,000+ test subjects for Cannabis in the National Geographic, think it was Oct 2015. (Found it)
nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2015/06/marijuana-science-drug-research-legality/

Rick Simpson calls a Sativa and Indica strain combination "Phoenix Tears", he's apparantly cured over 5,000 people of cancer with it in the USA alone.

There's real promise for cannabis, just gotta take it as an OIL, not smoking it.

Smoking it simply burns bronchi, which then die. The surrounding bronchi are damaged when it rots and become cancerous, there's your total explanation for lung cancer and emphysema and why i don't advocate smoking it.

But taking it as an oil and just those 2 stains, should totally be legal everywhere. Health before profits.

I'm almost entirely with you here, however inhaling combustive organic material will never be good for your lungs and I believe excessive smoking of marijuana is carcinogenic. Well, lets change the dosage form to oral and eat it in food...no fuck that people don't need to be pounding various cannabis confectionaries on a daily basis either. So we change dosage form again - well what's easily massed produced, pure, has infrastructure, and is appealing to rich investors and convenient for consumers?

Marijuana pills man it's already a thing

you smoke the oil too though. To ingest it with out smoking it you make an edible not an oil.

Testosterone causes autism

No, you make it a freakin' oil and inject it straight under the tongue, where it's absorbed into the blood stream rapidly.

tried looking it up on YT?
Here's one of my favs, 37 seconds to stop chronic seizures.
youtube.com/watch?v=QZb11PA5H20

autism causes autism

Sorry for derailing your conversation here OP, just an English major fag who was curious if my brother was an exception or not

nothing derailed, please be welcomed