Is drinking alone that big a deal

Is drinking alone that big a deal...

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/323/
drunkard.com/the-zen-of-drinking-alone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only if you kill yourself. Otherwise, no, people only tell you to never drink alone because they're looking to trick you into free drinks.

Depends how often and how much.

every two nights, 1 bottle of wine

I drive buzzed to work most mornings
I may have a problem
I'm just so alone

I think one bottle is OK once a week. Or twice. I had a gf who used to drink that much every night and at the time it was totally normal, but when I look back at it and I remember her scraping together coppers in order to buy a £3 bottle of wine a day when her money had run out, it was clearly a problem. Esp since she became vindictive when drunk much of the time.

I would proceed as you are, but proceed with caution. Drink creeps up on you.

People working with art (poetry, painting, sculpting etc.) triple that on a daily basis. Such is the price of creativity. Having three bottles of wine is nothing in certain professions.

> Having three bottles of wine is nothing in certain professions.

AA, for instance.

On a more serious note, I would not encourage three bottles a day. Such is not necessary or required for artistic creativity.

Not for long period no. They still state amounts as such on their interviews. Usually calling the cycle as treatment/course style of drinking where they grab the swing. Wicked shit yeah, wouldn't recommend either. Way to ruin your system.

>AA
Anonymous alcoholics?

People who drink everyday to the point of tipsy or drunk have psychological issues.

The Russians have a saying, never drink alone. Everyone else has a saying, never trust a Russian. Sooooooo.....

Be a man and make up your own opinions. If you want to drink, then just fucking drink.

And you, user, are a total and complete faggot, if you believe in the pseudoscience that is psychology. On second thought, you are a complete and total faggot, regardless of what you believe, with a shit tier post like that...Congratulations, you have reached a level of sheer and utter faggotry.

Pussy. I kill 1.75l of vodka every 2-3 days

...congrats?

>ahem

CONGRATS YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC

as i was a few shots down, my gf in a long distance relationship called in a foul mood. feeling sad that i was the reason and happy we where able to sort it out kinda before she needed to go to bed. so i can say no :P

>Is drinking alone that big a deal...

No, I think it's another bullshit psycho-babble to help idiots "identify" alcoholism.

It's way more important how much you drink and for what reason.

drinking alone is no better or worse than drinking in public. it's all about quantity and frequency, and if you're letting it fuck your life up. but too much of any of these, and you're signing away increasingly significant portions of your life (but they're usually the shitty years anyway). hell, a lot of days, I'd rather drink alone; better company.

full disclosure: I'm at around a six pack and a half a fifth of hard liquor a day, and other than being fat and probably having a bad liver, it doesn't really bother me. I run in the mornings, have a steady 9-5 desk job, and passable social life.

you sir is the voice of reason. forever respect

Thanks, got a DUI ten years ago and had to go through programs.
Learned some useful stuff, but heard a lot of BS along the way.

Seek help bro, don't use alcohol to run from your problems.

Nah nothing wrong with drinking alone. But drinking problems creep up on you. My life was going great and I become a pretty functional alcoholic without realizing thats the road I headed down. Ended up fucking up my life pretty hard and a year later I'm still picking up the pieces.

>TLDR: Its not drinking alone thats bad, its frequency/amount/ also why you are drinking.

Some people like toking up and playing video games before bed, others like getting a buzz from alcohol, I don't think thats abuse. But drinking yourself into a stuper regularly is. It's okay to be an alcoholic if you dont give a shit about being successful or out of jail or anything. Evenn drinking yourself stupid in your own house regularly can turn dangerous. met a dude who was heavy alcoholic but fiigured he was safe cuz he always did it at home alone and didnt have friends or family. tried to cook some food and passed out, burned his hole place down. fireman dragged his ass out the house he was still comatose from the booze.

Did they offer Hesus Christo, Adolf Hitler or any other savior to battle your problem?

Did you or did you not read my post, dummy? Pseudoscience means bullshit... I don't need any help, and even if i did, no one cares anyways, so it would be totally fucking stupid to think one could get help from someone who is paid to give it... I have no real problems and if I did I wouldn't run from them. Wake up and get your head out of the pussy mindset. Fucking pussies everywhere...

This thread makes me feel better about my drinking. I'm not that bad yet.

Kill yourself Russophobic scum

Studies show you are moat creative at after your second drink

>I don't need any help

'Need' is a funny word.

People think of 'want' as subservient to 'need.' That's backwards. 'Need' is subservient to 'want' and it goes like this: "If I want _____, then I need ______."

If you don't want to stop drinking, if you're okay with dying young from kidney or liver failure or brain damage, then no, you don't need help. If you do on some level want to be healthy and happy and try to obtain all the typical life path shit, then maybe you might think about talking to a professional.

Your prerogative, of course. I'm not in the habit of forcing people to live if they don't wanna.

The Ballmer Peak

>xkcd.com/323/

Stop being a faggot. Only then might you be worthy of speaking to me, cyka.

Are you saying that everyone who drinks will die from kidney, liver or brain damage? Are you saying that it is not possible for one to be happy and healthy if they drink? Personally, I am a proponent of moderation.

The fact that you begin your post with a crappy explanation telling people what they think is enough to make anyone who is halfway able to think for themselves dismiss your post halfway through your first sentence. Semantics much?

I prefer excess in moderation

Sounds stupid. They should do more hallucinogenics instead.

simple people need simple explanations
and most people are simple

drunkard.com/the-zen-of-drinking-alone/

if you think you have a problem, you probably have a problem.

I feel ya user