Some of you seemed interested in my great grandfather's shotgun

Some of you seemed interested in my great grandfather's shotgun.

Other urls found in this thread:

bluebookofgunvalues.com/Gun_Values/Gun_Manufacturer.aspx?id=PV_NELSON_GUNMAKERS_LTD
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

taste test it

tastes like metal

Here is the underside of the barrels.

Forgot the pic fuck

Parker Bros?

Not sure. But I figure out how to remove the barrels and found this.

yep. Glawk fohteh prollem solvent with a 30 clip.

I live in the US. Not sure why there are characters on it.

That's a beautiful shotgun. Nice bit of wood and metal detailing.

FfS!!!!

Thanks!

Found more on the barrels too.

Your welcome. That would be worth a small fortune here...Britfag :/ used to go shooting with a silver pigeon myself.

I couldn't tell you if it fired. Not really willing to test it out either.

Its a PV Nelson

They last a lifetime; also you want to keep and cherish such a beautiful gun. It's a thing of beauty and they don't make them like they used to. If it were me though; (imho) I'd take it to a gunsmith to check it out and give it a clean, grease and polish. Then it would take pride of place on my mantle. Thanks for sharing :D

Just googled it. Seems to check out! Thanks a million! Do you know when these were manufactured? My great grandfather was in Europe during WWII and it says that it was manufactured in Buck, England. I'm thinking maybe he picked it up on the way home.

I will! I had no idea what kind it was or what it's worth was until I asked you guys here. Thanks so much!!

Google Belgian and british proof marks. You can put it together from there.

Try this

bluebookofgunvalues.com/Gun_Values/Gun_Manufacturer.aspx?id=PV_NELSON_GUNMAKERS_LTD

Will do. thanks!

Don't listen to this guy, if you "give it a clean, grease and polish" the value will be gone

Fifty bucks is the best I can do

Only if he planned to sell it! As it was a heirloom I doubt he would.

Doing anything to that is not a smart move, the first and only thing would be to get it appraised, it could be worth something or it could be a couple hundred dollars depending on grade, model, condition or whatever. Heirloom or not, touching it as in "give it a clean, grease and polish' would simply be stupid. Besides, ever hear of Patina? it took loads of years to look the way it does, doing anything more than getting it appraised would be a bad move.