Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18772050
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you got diagnosed after 12 years old you might as well kill yourself now

29 years old
just started some medication;feels like it helps

bump

Meds only work so long tbh weed helps best

weed makes me unproductive... though i like having it at night to help with my appetite

I'm 29 yo, and I dont wanna go to the doctor xD. fuck drugs. I only want marihuana.

See I'm opposite got diagnosed at 4 tried meds for a year at 12 didn't help much been smoking weed everyday since then only thing that worked for me tbh

ADD.

Pushing up EVERYTHING until i forget it or it's happening next day and I havent prepared.
Forgetting meetings and shit.

Concerta, didnt take away the mushy feel in my head but made me slightly less tired all the time.

Buy a whiteboard and write shit you need to remember on it. Have it on a wall you walk by all the time.

I'm 27 now

i smoke weed every single day and have been for the last 10 years

my life on paper is great but i feel an internal restlessness

>>I've been chewing on everything from Ritalin to dexedrine to adderall since I was 9. I have a horrible case of ADHD that left me non-functional for a large part of my life, but then got my shit together and got a science degree from a nice university and work making good pay in medical sales currently. So there is hope for people struggling if you have difficulty managing your symptoms.

-That cliche advice about food dyes and preservatives are legit. Get the processed garbage ouf of your diet.

-Get 8 hours of sleep minimum, we have overactive minds and need more time to sleep. Being tired exacerbates ADHD symptoms twofold.

-Make sure to exercise a few times per week to keep your dopamine production up. We produce less dopamine naturally compared to neurotypicals and need the edge.

-Drink plenty of water when you're on your amphetamines. You get only limited benefit from taking speed and let yourself get dehydrated. Being dry negates the effects.

That's all I have for now.

i take concerta right now
i mix and match but usually

1 full 36mg concerta or teva-methylphenidate er
&
broken in half 36mg teva-methylphenidate

i feel like i might even need 72mg... thinking of trying to ramp up

I think the worst part about being 27 and having ADD is the boredom, the under-stimulation of most things.

Like i cant convince myself to sit down and play a video game, or read a book, play my guitar or even draw and paint like i used to.

I find myself mostly just drinking vodka after the sun goes down and watching space documentaries or George Carlin stand up shows.

When I get drunk then i am in bliss and nothing bothers me.

When im sober its just a constant stream of thoughts and me walking around in circles in the house just stuck in my own head.

welp, im off for another vodka shot.

i feel the boredom...
i don't drink often though. i'm impulsive so in my earlier years i'd do a shit ton of drinking but only when partying

never did enjoy being drunk alone too much

though weed is my guilty pleasure - i smoke about a gram or two a day

>Like i cant convince myself to sit down and play a video game, or read a book, play my guitar or even draw and paint like i used to.
I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME

but i cant even fucking drink it away because i hate the taste of alcohol. and i'm too fucking poor to do drugs...

I just end up mindlessly browsing Cred Forums for hours on end.

Saying that as well as weed I have tripped on lsd and its analogues that helped me personally as well as weed but I only trip few times a year

>some shithead who knows nothing about ADD or ADHD

Weed will cuck you.

I found chewing gum helps me focus.

Yea, I even collect video games, a have all the old consoles and games most of the new shit.

It all collects dust.

I dont know what happened, it happed to me around 25 years old, something switched.

I would think " lets sit down and start a new game on Final Fantasy 9 "

Then, I just decide against it for some reason.

Like I give myself dumb reason why i could be doing something that matters,

But then i dont even end up doing ANYTHING

I just stand around thinking about it the whole time.

weed does fucking nothing with the chemicals that matters when it comes to AD(H)D

Whatever man if you knew anything about adhd you would know it varies person to person also how intelligent you are is tied with how well you will cope with it if you don't believe me check the research yourself google it plus just cos you get negative effects from weed font mean everyone reacts to it the same

I've never smoked, but I find that chewing nicorette gum for the nicotene really helps me concentrate when I need to study.

I have to transition between study material and something else every ten minutes or so, but it gets shit done.

I have a 3.7 GPA in med school.
Life is possible with ADHD.

Newfangled spotted.

Started at 5
Started snorting at 12
Cut off after i went thru an entire month in a week
>Just cocaine and weed
>Meth has no high effect other than keeping me awake

i was 13-14 when it switched for me. i cant remember waking up feeling rested ever since then, and since i was 15 i've had this mushy feel in my head every day.

only time i woke up RESTED was after taking benzo one time.

I barely passed school, was not an intelligence issue, i just didnt study, but still passed.
Didnt continue studying because no motivation, not even cash incentives from parents.
Took me over a year to get my drivers license, again because i just didnt fucking study for like 8 months between my first batch of actually starting and then finishing the written and practical tests.
Same with taxi driver license, i could make 2,500/mo easy working for my dad but i just cant study. i read thru the text once for 2/3 parts and did the theory test and passed but failed the 3rd part and the actual driving test, that was years ago and havent finished yet.

didn't we just have this thread?

ask your fucking doctor

I'm from the UK and i have a masters degree in biomedical science

Talking about Ritalin btw

Like many others in this thread I smoke weed but it really calms me down and I can do work while high and all the shit I need to do but I'm just calmer

Serotonin

oh well, i'll bite

how can any of you actually study and blaze at the same time? that's insane. weed does not help.

Because it actually slows my thoughts down enough to allow me to maintain my focus

unless you smoke all the time and have a high tolerance, there's no way in hell weed would help

Its existentialism.

We cant find reason and motivation to do something trivial.

Like how most normal people have a normal drive to fucking slave their lives away for money they will never keep.

My parents say that their is no hope for me with that type of mind set.

The say im a slacker because i would rather spend my time doing something that stimulates me in a logical way.

Like learning about space and galaxies, or grown tomatoe and other garden plants, or even spend my time searching for new little patches of forest in my region, just so i can walk throught it and see all the different types of plants.

But with all that said, I still manage to find money, and I still manage to sex the females.

So, its like im still alpha no matter what everyone tells me.

I think they secretly hate me for enjoying simple things and life just working out for me in the long run with out me having to spend time worrying about it.

I don't have lots of money all the time so I go like whole months without smoking and I can still properly function on it

I have literally smoked weed every day for at least fifteen years so yes I have a huge tolerance

that does not answer my question

bruh are you me?! except i have major depression preventing me from socializing and relationships... and my mom understands more than my dad.

i wish we could ju go full star trek and explore space and shit without worrying about petty shit like money and human conflicts.

fuuug this is triggering my feels...

ADHD doesn't exist. Your parents just failed to raise a normal kid

fuck, i'm barely even literate when i smoke...

some strains dont make you retarded when high.
people react differently to weed.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Your parents just failed to raise an intelligent kid.

I might not even have add and im kinda addicted to meds. I gotta start smoking that 420 dank kush again

shut the fucc up cunt

Nice job being able to maintain your self-esteem. I'm 31 years old, have a decent job, my own place, nice car and good body from powerlifting and dieting. But I had my confidence destroyed by teachers, counselors and the cool kids when I was younger. At some point I quit trying to involve myself with women and now here I am with progress in every area of my life except for friends and women. Still a virgin..... Feelsbadman.

excuse my faggotry: everyone's different. whatever you want to call it, people have different wiring. if you can get by without adhd meds, fine, good for you. some benefit greatly from medication. cool?

Anybody in here actually found therapy any use ? Was pretty much a null point for me

This is depression, not an attention deficit

26 and still dealing with ADHD
Cant watch shows and enjoy them, Cant pay attention to video games mostly.
Forgetting everything and losing everything is really the hardest struggle.

Im not sure if I had way to strong of a perscription, But when I was a child the medication made me feel like a fucking zombie. Feel Like it made my grades even worse.

> 'add doesn't exist'
> 'dank nugs for add brah'

thread is now cancer

Yes man,

I sit up late and think about how I wont be around when we actually go to another star system.

Like I was born to soon to explore the galaxy.

Instead I have to live out the next 50 years with shitty earth problems like..money..and society's downfall...

People dont even care anymore.

We keep pumping out new iphones when we should really be harnessing the suns energy to save the future.

>ADHD doesn't exist

I was so fucked in Elementary school teachers would drive me fucking home to get my pills if I forgot them.

Get high and study. Get high before test, remember everything you studied while high. Works 100%

I take 25 mg of aderall daily.

Pretty much my experience summed up for me

I take 25 mg of aderall daily when I wake up and then 5 mg at around 3:00.

Diagnosed with mild ADD, get prescription, abuse it since im depressed even though I actually need it for work.

I have both.

So true, i feel the same way. I just try to forget everything by watching series, movies and playing games I dont actually enjoy.
Last time I tried doing something about society people ended up in jail, and everyone just seems too fucking oblivious to what's going on and when you talk to them you are just labeled a tinfoil hatter.

I have a tolerance cause i take more each day i needa quit lol

go get em

same

also chek'd

ADHD isn't existing imo either.

Jsut a made up term for people with concentration issues and a lot of energy.
If you would find something which is NOT medication but rather sports (gym included) or something different a long you get your balance you should obviously be fine.

People want pills for the easy life without confronting themselves and just pure out of laziness.

I wouldn't know where to begin, I never built up those skills and have no idea how to act with women as an adult now.

b-but muh dopamine deficiency

i take vivance. anybody know if theres any street value in this shit. ive got several full bottles lying around.

why tho. parents like to pass things off as stupid bullshit reasons instead of real ones. example im realizxing i may have add and possibly depression at 22. yet all those years ive had other shit that everyone thought was just bothering me.

That's where sport kicks in.

Honesty, people being unhappy should be doing some sports once in a while to feel the difference.

The human body isn't meant to sit around allday for 8 hrs and more.

take all the bottles, OP

>it doesnt exist because my retarded opinions says so and all the scientifically proven evidence is wrong

If you would link me to creditable sources I would be more than happy. And I mean creditable sources.

Not just spouting some terms like 'scientifically' and 'proven'.

literally hundreds of credible sources if you just fucking google it but here's one to get your started

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18772050

Had a friend with really bad ADHD, guy struggled and begged and pleaded with his family for years to put him on meds. His education went down the shitter with how bad it got. And he was smart. He told us all "You'll all regret ever thinking I'm just making excuses. one of these days you'll hear about how I killed myself or some shit and you'll wonder"

>tfw he committed suicide 1 year after high school

Damn dude.

you don't seem stupid just shy
just go for it you'll do fine it's easy

>I wouldn't know where to begin, I never built up those skills and have no idea how to act with women as an adult now.
if you want to have sex don't smile but take an interest in them and talk to them like a mysterious but a relatable guy
you already got the body of a god yo

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18772050
>implying Pharmindustry isn't paying big bucks to get such paper published and pay the doctors to prescribe this shit

>Dopamine-serotonin deficiency
>in ADHS

The only real thing is dopamine/serotine deficiency here. But ADHS on the other hand? Just the term for people getting some word on track to excuse their miserbale attention span and miserable life.

>implying Pharmindustry isn't paying big bucks to get such paper published and pay the doctors to prescribe this shit
nice evidence while that guy gave you scientific journals lmao

Captain ego, tell us how it got so big.

Well, with that attitude no study/paper is going to be able to prove it to you.

made me giggle

But guys. He got a point there.
You guys are just finding excuses.

>This disorder named after these symptoms doesn't exist. The symptoms exist tho, just not the name used to describe them.
wot

>tfw samefagging

only sativa helps with add, indica makes it worse

this

>how can any of you actually study and blaze at the same time? that's insane. weed does not help.

because sativa strains, that's why

stop smoking the stoner indica and start smoking some high sativa

yeah and climate change isnt real either because even tho 9/10 scientists say it's real they are all paid by someone.

it's not like it's the 1/10 saying it's fake (which also happen to work for oil companies or an industry that uses lots of oil) are the ones you should be complaining about.

and all the scientists saying big bang theory is the most likely explanation are lying because the govt is funding parts of their research, yeah?

Wouldn't both work? I'd imagine that since they bind to serotonin receptors (correct me if I'm wrong), and that a low dose without getting too high would have positive affects. Kind of like having a small glass of wine a day to help your blood.

You don't need to come up with silly examples.

You're blaming your failure in society which is caused by chemical inbalances in your brain. And instead solving the problem right at the root, people like you are up to fucking eating a few pills a day to make the symptoms disappear. That's no healing, that's just living in false colours.

>people like you are up to fucking eating a few pills a day to make the symptoms disappear

isn't that literally the point of medication?

No. Atleast traditional medication or proper controlled new-usage medication isn't.

see and your opinion is irrelevant.

This, i was diagnosed at 5 with ADHD. Took meds until about 14, they killed my appetite and made me feel like i was extra baked and tired. stopped with that shit and started self medicating with small amounts of weed to stay productive. It makes my brain run slower like everyone else.