In a couple hours, I have to show up at court for a speeding ticket of 100 mph in a 65 zone. Live in CA...

In a couple hours, I have to show up at court for a speeding ticket of 100 mph in a 65 zone. Live in CA, what's my punishments? First time offense.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_car_speed_record
youtube.com/watch?v=947fP6QTmBo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't show up "in court" in front of a judge.

You go and enter a plea with the County Recorder (or city), and pay your fine whatever it may be.

If you choose not-guilty, then you will be assigned a court date, where you can gather "evidence" of you not speeding...

LMFAO

Plead no-contest or guilty and pay the fine.

So no jail time? It is reckless after all

I live in cali and got a ticket , I was going 55 in 35 and my ticket was $580 , sucks ass . You can set up a payment plan with the court and pay online

OP stated:
>speeding ticket
Not reckless driving.

If reckless driving, your license would already be suspended pending trial (99% sure, but not positive).

Come to Germany, dude, and you can race as fast you like, on most Autobahnen is no speed limit. I like to drive with a 280 mph

You're looking at about a $850 dollar ticket... possibly a suspended license , 6 months suspension first offense.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_car_speed_record

Well you better call Guinness because you're going almost 35 over the current world record for production cars.

Eurofag's lie almost as much as crooked hilary.

Hahaha you are so fucked, hahaha.

>In a couple of hours
Posts at midnight

100 in a 65? death penalty if you are white, a medal and meeting with mayor if not

Going 100mph or 30 over a particular limit can be considered a felony depending on a few factors. Either way you will have a hefty fine over $500, mandatory classes, possibly suspended license, and lastly (but not likely because it was your first offense) up to a year in jail.

Also as a felon you wouldn't be able to vote, own guns, and you'd probably get turned down for most jobs.

In short, you fucked up pretty big

OP here. Great inputs. Big fine, whatever, just don't wanna lose license or jail. I'm a military fag so have job, nbd. If say I lose driving privileges, do I just leave car there at courthouse for then to tow? I live 2 hours away, kinda sketch IMO.

Why the fuck did you not get a lawyer? traffic lawyers are awesome, you pay like $300 and they go to court for you, you dont even have to go. im 6/6 using traffic lawyers.

Loook at my car. That's it.

if its first offense see if you can use a deferral but yeah listen to

Is it too late to get a lawyer? Can I request an extension and hire one in the meantime? But better question, do they actually work?

kek just tell them you're a military fag and they'll basically worship you, especially if you've been deployed

its way too late for that lol. but yes, they actually work. like i said, 100% success rate for me in washington getting speeding tickets on motorcycles.

I was reading up on deferrals. Tldr; I don't get punished if I'm a good cookie for a year?

>do lawyers work

nah, thats why you never see anybody on judge judy with a lawyer, because in reality you can totally just defend yourself with no real grasp of civil procedure and be fine

different in some states but yeah basically

I feel there's no reason to do anything but a deferral then. Why does everyone say just pay it?

you only get one every seven years or so. only idiots fucking pay it. get a lawyer or learn how to actually fight it. way too late for you.

irrelevant but heres wikileaks livestream

youtube.com/watch?v=947fP6QTmBo

get rekt faggot you posted a link and everything kek