ASK A MORMON ANYTHING

ASK A MORMON ANYTHING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CT_R29Ry8gA
cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf
youtu.be/_riamLAbuTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Magic Underwear. is it real?

Yep. At age 18 they give them to you. it is however a choice whether or not to wear them. We believe they are sacred.

Hail Satan you fuck! Fuxk off and go to bed you judgemental piece of shit! Nobody likes you mormons! Get off my Cred Forums!

Do u live in utah?

Jesus loves you but he doesn't appreciate the use of the word Fuck

Utah checking in

What were the names of the dudes who were supposed to stick around from Jesus' day and spread the Gospel to the Americas?

Yep. Stereotypical I know

Nephites

Does Jesus condemn pineapple on pizza?

Attention whoring Mormon alert!

Of course not. He put them together for a reason

Which city

Tits or gtfo cunt

Salt Lake CIty

How big was the boat Jesus sailed to the great salt lake?

SOrry my endowments cover my Breasts.

Stuck in ephraim but was at the red iguana few days ago. What happened to the dinosaurs?

Pretty damn.

Fuck you...

Cameron this is chad is that you??

>Nephites
Cool thank you. Do we know how many Nephites there are? I think they're supposed to be immortal, aren't they?

Do you know DIllon hennagir?

Can I have my own planet when I die?

No they are not immortal. Well not all of them WE believe there is 3 that are still on earth today though

You mean moron?

Actually if you live righteously, You can create multiple worlds.

No, but I have Chad tendencies time to time. WV is shit btw, Ogdenite all day.

That's the gayest thing I have ever heard... do you guys still touch dicks in the temple? I hear you have big secret gay orgys in there. Is that true or do you just cum all over each other's magic panties?

Haha Heard worse than that.
ASk about my horns next time :p

No, does he go here?

cool, i live in utah too (west valley) I have a few questions

1. did u know that mormons created their own alphabet?

2. Why do so many mormons devote their lives to a religion, but not take the time to learn about the history of it? You guys are like the only newer religion with your own ethnic identity but you dont seem to really care.

3. How do you feel about the influx of entitled "swag-fag" mexicans in the past 10 years, or do you live in a rich city?

West valley is garbage

No orgys. Just mariages baptisms for the dead and many other sacred activities.

In these worlds can my wife wash my feet with her hair?

we heard you the first time

Oh boy, hey, my Mormon friend, as one who has been on this site for a while, and is living in the salt lake valley, trust me, RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! -a utahan atheist.

You don't get 'em at 18 nigger. That's just when you're allowed to get your endowments in the temple.

Most people either don't get them until they go on a mission or get married (for women).

>WE believe there is 3 that are still on earth today

By WE, I assume you mean LDS?

So there are 3 Nephites alive to this day. Do we know their names, or are they (for lack of a better term) undercover?

Forgive my ignorance. I heard about this once and never followed up on it.

How's the sexual repression, suicides and anti-gay marriage going? The church supports all this.

Good

Mormons this jokes gonna sting. Next time a goldenplatefalls from the heavens, go ahead and put it in your spam file. Lets not base your entire life on a religion that’s old enough for my dad to be like, “oh yea, that’s not true. That didn’t happen. I don’t know why the! y’re wearing their pajamas under their clothes. I assume tha! t their god wants them to be comfy.” The Mormon Church spent twenty million dollars in the state of California, making sure that queers didn’t legally get married. Successfully I might add. So I guess we’re not all as liberal as we thought. And this is what I say to the most conservative person, that’s so terrified of gay marriage becoming legal, just because the state says its legal, its not like gods gonna let them into heaven. So you can still sleep sound every night knowing that goal line defense is up at the pearly gates just going “you’re not getting in here faggots.”

I did. Well the Nephites did. And Joseph Smith translated it. ANd it's a bunch of complicated crap that I honestly don't know tons about.

Mormons are very faithful as we typically put it. But they mainly avoid learning the history because most MOrmons simply don't care. For some reason.

Rich city. Mommy handed me everything

You fuck the dead? Did you at least ask for consent before you sit al over somebody's family and last wishes? Fuckoff and stop attention whoring you prick. Do some actual research on your "deathcult" before posting... salamander letter bitch

Absolutely. YOur choice man.

why do you walk around with an exact replica of yourself, why the pair.

Hey man I know this ebsite. I'm actually inactive. I'm just breaking stigmas and asnswering questions I know and stuff. Fun experiment.

Yes I mean the LDS religion. I do not know there names. I'm sure the General authorities and many other mormons do though :)

Joseph smith is a lie he's just harambe in disguise

Checked
The truth hurts

Well... They are discouraged by the church.
But the church also believes in agency meaning you can do whatever you want. You just have to face the consequences of your action. WE are a lot more lax than most think

You spelled moron wrong

How does it feel believing in a fantasy with 80 pages of faults?
Examples include: no archeological evidence of the estimated 2 million dead in the Nephites versus the Lamanites; many stories being oddly familiar, some verses even being verbatim, with The stories of Stephen Buroughs and Captain Kidd; plus 80 more pages
>CES Letter
>read it

wow, better answers than I was expecting haha

youre not like the typical mormons around here

Baptisms for the dead aren't what you think. WE just represent people who passed away so they have a chance in spiritual "Paradise" to learn the gospel and repent. We believe there is multiple oppurtunities in both life and the after life to become exalted.

That would be missionaries. People from age 18-21 typically. They follow a very specific dress code. THe rest of us typically dress like everybody else. Grow our hair out, stuff like that.

Weeeeaakkkkk Make fun of my underwear man.

Attention Whoring cunt get off Cred Forums!

Well I'm not a typical Mormon. I'm actually not practicing. I still believe a lot of it. I just want to explore, but I know a lot of people think they know about mormons when they don't know really anything.

>Dick rate threads

Ok. That was where I got hung up with Mormonism. And I think I'm just missing something.

[1] Jesus comes to the Americas.
[2] Jesus leaves but commissions some immortal Nephites behind to spread the gospel forever and ever in His absense.
[3] Then the Angel comes and reveals all this new/secret stuff to Joseph Smith. Book of Mormon, etc, etc...
[4] But NOBODY on Earth knows anything about any of this until Joseph Smith writes it all down and reveals it to them.
[5] So what were the Nephites doing throughout the centuries?

If they were literal eye witnesses of Jesus himself... If they were commissioned by Him... And if they were supposed to be spreading the gospel for centuries... Why was it brand new and unheard of until Joseph Smith exalted himself up to be the king of this new religion?

Can you help me with that user?

following your general authorities decision and pleading the fifth? Good call.

I honestly can't answer that sadly. Like most mormons, I don't actually have an answer for that. I struggle with the same thing to be totall honest.

I smoked weed with/made out with a gay mormon kid one time

probably the weirdest shit ive ever done lol

Why do you guys keep coming around to my place? I've let you guys in, talked a bit, shoo'ed you off and you bring people you think I like. I told some young mormons that I work on systems administration, they didn't understand it, so they brought around the biggest fucking computer game nerd who only knows League of Legends. Then they found out I used to be a high school football player, so you bring in your has-been high school QB religious freak guy trying to talk tactics when in reality I got kicked off the team for showing up drunk to much. Then I tell them that I'm really not interested and they show up at my door every thursday for like a month and I ignore them.

These kids are so judgemental it hurts. My girl came out wearing high wasted shorts and was rocking the midriff and they wouldn't stop staring until one said she needs to cover up.

Help me man. The mormons around me are very fake and come from privelaged families. How do I get along with them? They want me to go to the singles ward with my girlfriend. Shit's awkward and I'm not mormon.

Bountiful checking in.

Kaysville here

Where are some fun places to meet people?

I read your statement as "ask a moron anything" but was I right about that regardless?

Ok so that would be missionaries. Keep in mind they are 18-21 year old kids who typically are trying to prove stuff to their mission president. A lot of times just be as polite as possible and tell them you're not interested. they typically will leave you alone after that. If they are persistent. that is usually the mission president telling them to go back. Ask to talk to him and tell him you're not interested. THey will typically leave you alone after that.

Lagoon man.

Sure. Whatever you want. Doesn't have to be relevant, but I probably won't answer.

If I had that answer I wouldnt be lurking on my night off.

youtube.com/watch?v=CT_R29Ry8gA

IIIII I I I IIIIIIIIII I IIIIIIIIII

>Utah
>Fun places

HA

Alright legit answers.
Any starbucks in Utah. YOu always find weird people.
SUbzero in Provo. University mall
pretty much anywhere in Pleasant GRove

DUDE GOBLIN VALLEY THOUGH!

Well I respect your honesty, user.

Keep searching.

Jesus is real. But Mormonism is flawed on countless levels. I say that not to belittle you or put you down. It's just that every time I've studied it, it falls apart. Badly.

Christianity makes sense. All the way back to Genesis.

But every "new" religion - all those written after Revelation - they all fall apart.

Why?

Well I think it's because they're written by one or two guys. Islam, Jehovah's Witness, LDS... even though they're very different religions they fall apart in the same ways.

Anyway, keep searching. Jesus is real. It's just a matter of cutting out all the other bullshit that surrounds Him.

Thought it said moron, guess I wasn't to far off.

The thing is, my family is jack mormon. I was baptized and stuff, but my personality just isn't compatible with these kind of people. It makes me cringe when I talk to them. I can read the books, pray, help people in need, pay tithing, but in the end it's the people that are the deal breaker.

Is there like a cool mormon group that is more casual and is more jack mormon ish? Like even the non missionary mormons have this superiority complex thing going on with them.

Indians

Weren't the nephites killed off by the laminators or something? Maybe the remnants of the nephites are pow wow indians.

Amen man! WHere did you say you were from??

I can actually relate man. I'm not a practicing mormon. Sadly. YOu are right the people suck and the closer to Utah you get the worse it is. NEw ENgland however I have noticed the mormons are really relaxed there.

Park city fag here (yes i know im not a true Utahn)

tell me what aspects you do believe?

i find it utterly baffling, but i respect their economic/land grab stranglehold. A strong clan indeed.

As i understand the high ups are actually atheist and are businessmen, its just in their interest to cultivate a flock of idiots. Can you speak to this topic? any truth?

A friend of mine has a thoery that Joseph Smith was a brilliant patsy sent by the US government to help establish infrastructure in the west. What better way than a little dogma and zealots?

it can be fun if you already have friends

Are you aware that when you perform the endowment ceremony you make allusions to a masonic blood oath?

are you aware that when you make the sign where you make a fist with your thumb sticking out this is to represent a knife cutting you across your body and the supped hand is to catch your entrails if you tell anyone about what happens in the temple?

they used to explain this before 1991.

Because its a hilarious con and her pandered to illiterate pioneer fucks who really had no better options than to follow the wagon train west and drink the Kool aid.

I didn't say. But I'm in Colorado.

yeah the wilderness is the only redeeming factor of utah imo

but thats a shitty place to meet people lol

I'm in california, and I tried to get along with their group but they all came from privileged wealthy families and their parents catered to their children's every need and shielded them from the real world. The church near me also had several businesses run out of it that were fairly shady.

Maybe when I get out of california it will get better.

Well HOnestly. I believe the General Authorities of the church are pretty genuine in there beliefs. Unlike a lot of churches, WE have a completely unpaid administration. so REally it's not obligation, it's all voluntary. THeories may be true. I'm not going to try to disprove it. But I personally do not believe that. IT's the attendees who are typically the most zealous in reality.

Bullshit, Mormonism is lax.

Well HOnestly. I believe the General Authorities of the church are pretty genuine in there beliefs. Unlike a lot of churches, WE have a completely unpaid administration. so REally it's not obligation, it's all voluntary. THeories may be true. I'm not going to try to disprove it. But I personally do not believe that. IT's the attendees who are typically the most zealous in reality. Also Park city is kickass, I have a couple friends up there.

I've never been to starbucks. hell, I've never had coffee. so many years of Mormonism. Plus that sounds a lot like a normal restraunt where you get food and leave. very little social interaction
But if I ever travel an hour+ south I'll check those places out. Thanks user

They'll do your dishes and stuff too, the elders tell them to help with chores, whatever it takes to get more followers.

take advantage! that said Mormons are largely unskilled and the most they can do is clean stuff. Some know a little automotive but those are typically more farm boy types and less mission fags

Unless you are in or around Utah. CHurch sucks there

>As i understand the high ups are actually atheist...
>A friend of mine has a thoery that Joseph Smith was a brilliant patsy sent by the US government to help establish infrastructure in the west.

Sounds like a huge pile of pig shit to me.

this has to be the third time ive said this in a thread. You guys never have an answer. probably b/c you are too young to have been in the temple before 1991 and coulden't image that the ceremony has ever changed. But you parents have and they kept it a secret the whole time.

Ur in a fukkin cult, nigga.

Lots of Mormons are talented. Kaskade. The DJ he's MOrmon.

Nooo, SLC/ Park City is escapist hipster paradise.

Theres still something to be alternative to here unlike Austin, Brooklyn, LA, Portland etc. Those places hipsterdom is the norm. Theres a very real and strange music scene a brewing here

>god is the same forever and always
If he told people to right books thousands of years ago, why would He stop now?
Momos: 1
You: 0

All of the General Authorities sit as CEO's and heads of businesses that are owned by the church. Mormonism has a lockdown on everything that happens in Utah. They make money, dude.

You have good singers and philanderers.. literally about it.

some good engineers in the mix too but theyre just mormon for the grain hookup in case the infrastructure collapses.

Pardon me, that actually was sarcasm.

You know anything about that new one that's being built in the Farmington Connecticut?

They don't say what's in the Temple because it is Sacred.
Youtube Videos will actually have hidden cameras in stuff. Yeah seems sketchy as shit I know. But really it's pretty regular religious stuff just very very sacred.
But Yes Mormonism is a cult. SO is EVERY RELIGION. Cult is a pretty loose term really.

The ones out here don't know jack shit and are from even nicer areas than where I live. I live in a town with $400,000 is the median price for a house, and these kids come from the bay area where a condo starts at $400k, or from the nicer parts on San Diego and Los Angeles. I won't let them do any work around my place. I'm suspicious of outsiders. I also feel that it would not be right to take advantage of them that way.
Thanks for the idea though.

I feel that whatever our denomination of Christianity, in the end if we live properly and selflessly than we should have no problem as we tried to follow God's teachings.

The book of Mormon states the Native Americans came from the Middle East. DNA analysis discredited that misnomer since they actually came from Asia (not in small barges from the other side of the world)
Since 2006 The book of mormon was changed to align with this evidence
>I thought God directed this?

Is Travis in heaven even though he put it in Jodi's pooper?

I'm pretty sure THe book of Mormon is still saying that the originals were from Jerusalem. I'll re read my newer copy to double check that though.

I haven't watched Melrose Place and years

Yes. Mormons Do Not actually believe in Hell

>completely unpaid
Just "stipends and living expenses" actually
Just for the Mission President
the Church will offer full reimbursement for the following personal and familial living expenses of the Mission President and his family, while he serves this volunteer, unsalaried 3 year-stint:

1 Medical expenses, including dental and eye care, though not orthodontics (except in specific cases) and cosmetic surgery (unless covered by the insurance provider);

2 Rent (usually quite upscale);

3 Living expenses proper, including utilities, food, household supplies, dry cleaning, phones, internet, dry cleaning, etc.;

4 One official car, with maintenance and gas;

5 One second official car for the wife, with maintenance and gas;

6 Clothing for the mission president and his family;

7 “Family activities” (unspecified, possibly purposefully vague);

8 Long-distance personal phone calls;

9 One round trip for each unmarried child under 26 to visit the parents out in the mission field;

10 “Modest gifts (for example, Christmas, birthdays, or anniversary)”;

11 Support for children serving full-time missions;

12 Elementary and secondary school expenses (including tuition, usually in upscale private schools, including fees, books, and materials);

13 Extra-curricular activities for the children, such as music lessons, dance lessons, sports, etc.;

14 Undergraduate tuition at an accredited college or university (tuition cap at BYU’s rate, tuition waived at Church-owned schools);

15 Part-time housekeeper/cook (20 hours/week);

16 Gardener, if necessary;

17 Income Tax and Tithing exemptions.

It awaits

WEll they don't believe in traditional hell. It's pretty difficult to go to Mormonisms equivalent to hell

tfw when people address ANY aspect of the book of mormon as having any validity at all.

discussing the semantics of Josephs ridiculous claims misses the point completely. All of it is made up. You should all read 'under the banner of heaven'

I have also done some photography work in Colorado City and was threatened numerous times. Our helicopter pilot put down on a butte just inside Zion because he thought he heard the distinctive 'ting' of a deer rifle round.

Those people want their privacy because they fuck children, literally trading and marrying 13 year old girls.

Straight up feudal ages

Why do they only show Criminal Intent over and over again? I want to watch original Law & Order with Orbach

Well you could say that they gradually moved on from there over thousands of years. Pakistanis and India Indians are considered asians, then you have the Hmong, mongols, and south east asians that are more like the pakistanis and India people, then the more developed smarter Japanese, Koreans, and light skinned Chinese. The asians all originated from the middle east.

Technically the blood line could be from Jerusalem, it was just a long journey spanning multiple generations of people.

MOrmons like Crime what can I say?

Because John...
the guy who wrote Revelation...
the guy who was an eye witness of Jesus...
the guy who knealed at the Cross with Jesus' mother...
the guy whom Jesus asked to take care of hiw mother...
the guy who was the last living apostle of Jesus said (basically) that Revelation was the end.

Period.

>I'm edgy

Jerusalem is the western part of the Middle East

WOuld you like to wear diapers and receive my cleansing baby Mormon boy?

Not really talking about what they do now. Im talking about the fact that they used to explain atleast that what you were doing was making a blood oath. only now they say "That will do" when you make the hand signs instead of explaining it like a halfway descent honest person would.

They pull you into it without ever explaining whats going on. Same people have serious spiritual interviews about your faith in jesus christ and joseph smith at the age of 8. FUCKING 8 years old??

Testimony meeting every month how many of them kids you see just get infront of an entire congregation and say I KNOW THE CHURCH IS TRUE. JOSEPH SMITH WAS A PROFIT. I LOVE MY FAMILY. like a fucking parrot. Your looking at a brainwashed kid. They have no fucking clue what their saying or doing. They just do it because their parents say it and its what they grew up with and its what expected of them.

Ever meet a kid who grew up in a true blue mormon family that could have in any way said no to being baptized if they wanted to?
has that ever fucking happened in ever?

This is as manipulative as it gets before it gets illegal. Mormons always want to say what their doing is okay with the law and beyond reproach. That's why they push the polygamy and polyamory under the rug and get butthurt if anything negative is ever called out.

Are you here to convert us?

Book of Mormon takes place through the majority of BC times. IT's regarded as lost books to the Bible.

Joseph Smith didn't Write the Book of Mormon. Merely Translated it.

LEAVE THOSE SQUIRllES ALONE

why would they change a book written by god though?
Also:
Short version:
www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/3es171/shorthand_list_of_claims_from_the_ces_letter/

Explanation and long version: cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf

Nope I am not. Just answering questions. If you wanna look into it, YOur choice completely. DOn't give a flying fuck whether or not you join or not. :)

I'll put more belief into the TV Guide even though that's wrong most of the time also

Are there really a bunch of closet gay men or is that media bullshit?

We didn't change the Bible at all. We just have an expansion pack so to speak. THe book of mormon is Another Testiment of Jesus Christ as suggested on the front cover.

This is true. THere are a lot of closet Gays and Lesbians in Mormonism. Being gay however will not lead to your excommunication. Acting on homosexual tendencies will

Simply inaccurate. You need to read up on migratory history. Pakis and Indians are geographically Asian but largely do not share genetics.

Plus the Israelis are Devonian and Caucasoid...

fun fact, Utah has some of the lowest testing in the United States. A mostly white State and some of the worst education statistics... Thanks Mr. Smith. Your flock are dumb fucks

I was referring to the Book of Mormon.
But, yes you have changed the Bible too. See Joseph's Translation of the Bible.

Utah has AWFUL TEST SCORES. Shame to say I live here. HOwever that has more to do with the state not the Mormons. WE got Common Core early. Our education system here is bad.

Interesting. I didn't know that.

So the golden tablets that Smith translated pre-dated the New Testament? And therefore pre-dated Jesus birth in Bethlehem?

Is that what you're saying?

His interpretation. Not translation.

What's the deal with that little golden statue with the guy with the trumpet on top of all your temples?

Yep. More or less. At least that is what we belive.

did anyone else get referrals for saying racist/sexist/homophobic jokes in Utah? My principal was cool and understanding, but my parents got a shit ton of unhappy emails from teachers

translated it from his Imagination.

there is zero archaeological evidence to suggest any of it is remotely accurate. He pulled tidbits from the bible and Islam and Judaism and mashed them together assuming that people would never be able to actually verify it.

you cannot actually believe that he 'translated" it.

That's the Angel Moroni. He always faces east towards The Sacred grove inwhich Joseph Smith received revelation and saw Jesus CHrist and God. It's symbolic. However, I don't know much more than that.

Jason Christensen couldn't have said it better.
Braxton Taylor will burn in hell for his sins
www.newnownext.com/utah-jason-christensen-homophobic-braxton-taylor/09/2016/

Why haven't you killed yourself yet

Honestly. Not sure. Me personally I make Jokes like that all the time. THat's why I go on Cred Forums half the time.

I know it your bunch of f****** mudslides G payment towards Mecca

Interesting.

So the Jesus who appeared in the Americas was in a different body? Was He human? Or spirit only?

How long did he stay in the Americas?

It is literally called Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
Also, there's still 80 pages from the CES letter no one has even tried to disprove

I'm a Utahan that was raised Mormon, but left the church for a few key reasons. Mormonism teaches that Canaanites (described as ALL people of colored skin in the BoM) are cursed and cannot enter the highest kingdom of heaven, and most considered proselytites and condemned to "outer darkness" (The LDS version of hell isn't so much fire and brimstone as it is the reality of nothing happening when you die.) Blacks weren't allowed the priesthood (a religious hierarchy consisting of men exclusively) until nearly a decade after the civil rights movement in the 60's. Mormons believe that we aren't actually the physical creation of our parents and that we are indeed the offspring of Elohim of Kolob - a god and "creator" sprung for mortal men before him as we will create our own planets after. If that doesn't sound nuts enough, THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE that every man and woman is the product of an unending extra-terrestrial orgy.

Well, Geographical evidences are Vague. Not gonna deny that. Google evidence for yourself. Draw your own conclusions. THat's ultimately what it will have to boil down to.

ITT: what we want for Christmas this year

Church won't allow it :'(

Im seriously triggered by this line of questioning

Not praising the sun.

i think you mistyped "Moron"!

CES Letter pusher here and exmormon
Book of mormon ranges from 600 BC with Lehi to 400 AD with Moroni (the last nephite) the book was the goriest thing I ever read as a kid

Horses, sheep, and swine were mentioned in the BoM that have never been found natively or in fossils. ill throw in that we never found barely and wheat, silnk, iron steel and metals, chariots, cimeters, and systems of exchange using prescious metals aswell.

Explain how not one of these things are found on the American continent. fair doesent count. im talking about soemthing outside of your mormon thought bubble that could collaborate this massive fuckup in Joe's book.

do mormon girls go out with non mormons? christian here

, I feel better knowing you knowing that I'm going to rot to death and there's nothing afterwards if people that believe there's something after it's so ridiculous

I have, and what im telling you is that what you believe is utter nonsense. Correlates to reality 0% from any historical, archaeological or even theistic standpoint.

I hang out with fairly intelligent people so i always forget how fucking braindead most of the populous of our state is.

Wellll Kinda. Colored SKin could mean lots of stuff but the BoM says the only way to reach outer darkness is to have full knowledge of god and Deny his existence. The only unrepentable sin. I think You may have taken something out of context. Just like a lot of old General authorities. WHich newer ones have corrected. THe church is Flawed here on earth because we are not perfect beings. We are imperfect beings with interpretations of the truth.

I had one teacher recommend suspension after I made a joke about AR-15s

That's a convenient way of saying "church isn't racist anymore because racism isn't cool anymore" pretty fucking sad honestly.

Mormons are the Muslims of christions

Again. No answer from Mormonism for any of this. Nowhere from anyone. EVER. Easier to disown and excomunicate anyone that would think like this.

Turn off those thoughts like a light switch just go *flick* its your cool little mormon trick.

Pretty open minded person you are man. I'm not a practicing Mormon. I'm honestly answering questions of people who wanna know. SO I ask you, Have you read the Book of Mormon. Genuinely prayed about it, or do you say you have and In reality don't actually know. I have read the BoM, Believe a lot of it but not all. We aren't braindead we are hopeful for a future. Honestly you're just a pessimist.

The BoM D&C and PoGP all state in some form or another that the ONLY path to hell is to proselytize. Let's not try and say "knowing about God absolutely and saying he doesn't exist" because nobody fucking knows of God's absolute existence.

Dun fucked up Mormo. BTFO

You grew up in this shit so you have no idea how much it sticks for anyone else.

Well, Sadly, It kinda is. People are flawed. The Church isn't perfect. The GA's will say that. It's just like any other religion. Keep in mind the Baptists were the ones who started the KKK. Yet a whole lot of them condemn Racism now. SO really, WHo isn't at fault when it comes to christianity. Mormons are no exceptions to that, THey have the balls to admit they fucked up however.

The story says the Nephites felt his hands and feet which had holes from his Crucifixion
This implies he had a body

Do they though? Do they really?
How's about all the other nonsensical bullshit that your pretending isn't a problem.
youtu.be/_riamLAbuTQ

Yes.

They'll even fuck around with atheists if youre hip enough. Their dad will usually want to stare down/shake hands with the guy fucking around with their daughter though so be prepared to meet some weird dads.

I actually dated this mormon girl who would watch me smoke pot, fuck around with me and then repent afterwards in my bed on her book of mormon app. I would come down from the shower before work and she'd have my shirts ironed. submissive wife material if ever there was.

I miss her but i dont miss the absurdist weird shit she would say when we talked history.

Its like talking to someone about a movie but they didnt actually see the movie they just heard about it from their friend who saw a different movie but they insist theyre discussing the same movie. Their minds are in a different reality, so heavily conditioned theyre unable to snap out of it and say "wait. all written history and archaeological evidence from western white wash colonial perspective, to scientific approach to eastern interpretation contradicts my entire belief system, it is supported only by the writings of a known con artist... maybe i should reconsider"

instead their minds seize up and they say "well thats just OUR belief"

How can any General Authorities or Prophets be believed if they could be as wrong now as they have been in the past? What good is it listening to them if we have no reason to expect for them to still be wrong about gay marriage. Or if everyone but Mormons and the mentally handicapped are going to the celestial kingdom?

How am I to be sure they are right about anything? they claim to have unquestionable authority until the next ones are there to replace them, is that it?

Ok. Interesting. Thanks for that.

Now Mormonism makes even less sense than it did before I entered this thread.

The utterly ineffective Nephites was always the problem for me.

In the New Testement Jesus had 12 disciples + Paul. They were all martyred for their Faith (except John) within 20-40 years. And yet Christianity quickly spread to the entire Western world.

But these Nephites were immortal beings. They were supposedly spreading Mormonism for many centuries. Yet nobody ever heard of it until Smith showed up in the 1800s. Never added up to me.

That's kinda the point. THat's why it's incredibly hard to go to Outer Darkness. REally it's a very hopeful religion.

how do you find intelligent people IRL?

Then what good is the Restoration of the Gospel if we cant even agree between prophets?

>genuinely prayed about it

hehheehehe

Well here is where mormonism gets as convenient as everything else. It's honestly a Leap of Faith.

You're not going to find any here on Cred Forums. That's for damn sure.

yes, makes it especially easy if you act interested in the religion

Only thing is your climing that your church is not only the only possible true church on teh planet. but that all other churches are an abomination in god's eyes. The priesthood line your prophets hold is what makes you special and what gives you the ability to translate ancient documents. But ALL of the prophets can be wrong about something until the 1960's when publicly it just seems convenient...

Really? You honestly think you can call the leaders that came before wise and inspired by God?

Depends. In Utah. Probably not everywhere else. THey usually do.

I can't. It's based on faith. Sorting out the shit. They may be genuinely directed by God, however, Humans are flawed and therefore say things rather biased.Human nature does that. THe GA are just Human after all.

Mormon is going to BED Work and such. Have fun Cred Forumsros. Thanks for the differing opinions. Rather insightful Maybe I'll do a part 2 another time. That was great and You stumped me at many corners. I need to do some research and hopefully next time have better answers for ya. Hope you all learned some stuff!

Concerts, bars, the city..

I wont compare Utah to Baroque era Vienna but typically intellectuals flock to enjoy music, art, interesting food, and alternative sporting.

so anywhere from Urban lounge to REI

as far as outdoors locations, big/little cottonwood, guardsmans pass(blood lake), diamond fork hot springs. these are the most blown up and ove rrun outdoors locations in Utah, I typically avoid them but cant tell you how many times ive ended up in conversation with decent, smart or at least fun people at these very spots

the hard part is talking to strangers, which is why you must drink my friend. Hit on the witchy bitches who kick it on the back porch of urban lounge. Check out the avant garde jazz/inde band that plays Twilite on wednesdays, HELL even go to a Dungeons and Dragons night. Either way, get loose, have fun, be cool. Maybe you'll make a friend

Im From Kearns

I can't judge

Thanks for a good thread Mormon boy. I learned some stuff.

Even Hitler will get a better afterlife in the Telestial Kingdom than the life he had on earth.
they believe in 4 afterlife scenarios:
Celestial- Prophets
Terrestrial- Coffee doers and swearers
Telestial- Premarital sex, genocide
Sea of outer darkness- Denying God after seeing Him

Read that. When you come back for part 2 debunk it.

not on Cred Forums but /sci/ is very good with science and /biz/ as you can guess is very good with business

Faithful = ignorant
your faith is a scam and the higher up knows it, that is why they want you to stay faithful.

Mormons take pride in how difficult their religon is to follow. The whole thing is about redemption by works, not faith alone. From the 10% tithe to make them worthy to enter gods kindgom, to their church callings, to the word of wisdom and chastity they build an entire pshyche to curtail to. This is a Leap of faith into an entire change in your outlook on life and behavior. Nothing convenient about any of this.

for the love of god go to /his/ or read real history books. Specifically about early america, the fremonts and such.

/his/ is kinda a shit show but you'll quickly realize how bog the world is outside the small scope given to you by LDS resources.

no the church is not, learn about your own religion

imo, if there is a heaven Mormonism will get you there. However, it's like writing a 50 page paper when the professor asks for 1. There's still only a maximum of 100%

Hail Sateeeen

I used to have friends...

In order to get your temple recomend you have to say you believe Thomas S. Monson is God's Prophet. its a standard question. The only way he could be prophet is by a line of succsession. In order to have a temple recomend you have to believe that those men were inspired and directed by god. Or else what the fuck does it mean to be a GA or the Prophet?

These men act on behalf of him. What they do is his will. You cant put them on a pedestal and say they can possibly be wrong at the same time. If that's true then there's no reason to believe them any more than any other religious leader. The only thing that seperates Mormonism from everyone else in your eyes would be that this is God's restored church. How are we to know that maybe JOseph was real but since Joseph we need another restoration?
You've build your house on sand my friend.
You want to somehow say you have reason for us to believe you and then say you shouldent need a reason. its "just faith".

In short. You say your providing something we should look into with your church but really your providing less than any other major religon. This is why History will forget you.

You also have to be active in the church

Shut up daryl

In order to become an active member you have to say you have faith to begin with. If you didnt have faith then why else are you going to church and being active?

What kind of response is that even?

clarifying you can't just walk up to a bishop you've never seen before and not have any records and expect to get a recommend
suck a dickkkkkbitch

Im sorry. How does the fact they run you thru a checklist first to get your recommend make your line of reason any more defensible?

You've got to be a member for long enough you fucking neet

none of these is an actual responce.

I'm saying that by answering the questions in a way that gets you the recommend implies that you believe that those men were inspired by god. Obviously you wouldn't get the interview to begin with without having your membership verified and being active. You clearly don't know how to answer a question other than in short single sentences or break down a line of reasoning. This should have been obvious by now because your a Mormon but i just wanted to be sure.

You just don't get it
the church is true
don't think the church is true then you are a sinner
the church is true
starting to believe the church is not true? then hit your head against a hard object, this will put the truth back into your head.
the church is true.
don't look at facts because they are not facts
the church is true
drink more Kool-aid
the church is true

My childhood in a nutshell.

Only reason I would even care enough about this bullshit to keep commenting.

Do you have a necktie fetish?

I'm concise and really don't care

Only when it's strangling me

I once convinced a female missionary to have sex with me by telling her I was the reincarnation of Joseph Smith and that I had the ability to foretell prophecies. Am I going to hell?

So tie the knot real tight.

how do magnets work?

God made them

How much are they paying you to shitpost here?
Is this a new "I'm a Mormon" type thing?
Your doing a pretty shitty job but its okay.
You just wont be made District Leader if you cant get any of us to read your shitty 19th century bible fanfic.

Do you wear your protecting underpants?

5 shekels

24 7

As a satanist I really like how you guys idolize this false prophet you call Joseph smith.

Do they block out the wrath of god?

Youre already here buddy.

He had more game than you 666 fags ever will. 34 wives, some of them already married

Dummy they keep me safe from the boogeyman

why do you support the underdog

Your a mostly hairless monkey on a speck of dust in an amazingly complex and expanding universe that screams to you "WHY THE FUCK WOULD HUMAN BEINGS BE THE CENTER OF ANY OF THIS SHIT!! YOU FUCKING STATISTICAL ANOMALY" and all you can think about are some fucking gold plates and a lifestyle that tells you not to think about it all too hard just be sure you don't masterbate.

So I'm actually a former mormon, but as far as I understand it, these 3 nephites were more there to do service over centuries. The rest of the Nephites were genocided by the Lamanites, whose descendents became the American Indians. Amd then Joseph Smith finds the plates buried by one of the last Nephites before they were genocided. And boom lds religion

Really though tell me about satanism. Do you guys try to bring back the antichrist by aasraping raccoons or skunks

Why would I want to ask a moron anything?

You just did dumbass

*You're

shiiiiiiit.
Here i was thinking Satanism at the very least wouldn't be cringe.

It's always a shitpost from one kinda nazi or another.

I'm pretty sure this is from a Daniel Tosh special

It is.

Double confirmed

>what are run-on sentences?
>how do you link independent clauses with a conjunction?
Stay in school, kid.

hurry post pictures of yourself in your magic underware

Language is not something that is controlled. Go ahead and keep trying to make people write the way you want them to. This has been the endless mantra since the printing press knocked the monks off their literary high-horses. History has never been on your side.

How can you follow a con artist with a bunch record? I mean, all religions are ridiculous bullshit, but yours is recent enough to look up Joseph Smith's felony record. Are you retarded?

THE HECK YOU DOING ON THIS SITE?

Helps if your told every day since the start of your life that the whole world exists to test your faith. You are one of God's chosen. Believe and everything will be fine.