Let's talk about Weasleys for a bit, specifically how they are a metaphor of how the English nobility viewed the Irish

Let's talk about Weasleys for a bit, specifically how they are a metaphor of how the English nobility viewed the Irish.

First clue is the hair color; everyone has ginger hair, a characteristic often associated with Ireland, the family is also rather poor, Ireland has always been poor compared to England (I wonder why...)

There's also the name: what's the Weasley dad's first name? Arthur Weasley, wait, what? That sounds familiar, almost like...Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington & member of a prominent Anglo-Irish family, the Wellesleys.

The Weasleys are a pure-blood family, but viewed as inferiors, almost like muggle-borns, by Malfoys, a family that is curiously similar to the stereotypical English nobles who are in love with their own noble birth & despise anyone who sympathises with those who they themselves view as inferior people (like the Irish), and as such they tend to treat Anglo-Irish as if they were 100% Irish.

Other connection to Ireland are also drawn, especially in the movies, and I am not even talking about Weasleys cheering for the Irish team during Quiddich World Cup.

Remember the falling-out Harry and Ron had later during the movie, who did Ron hang out with when ever Harry and Ron ran into each other? That guy who was always blowing things up (usually by accident)? Seamus Finnigan, a very clearly Irish bloke.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CT_R29Ry8gA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As an Irish man you've sparked my interest, continue

Irish subhumans pls go

Piss off you English Wanker

youtube.com/watch?v=CT_R29Ry8gA ieucjn

Calling all Irish master race

U WOT M8?

just being a drunkard doesn't make me Irish

You're a potato-nigger

Go eat your Queens crusty ol pussy

the UN called, your cooking has been declared a crime against humanity

Gladly, she's the hottest woman on earth, why do you think she's queen

the answer is Canada, that or vodka

She had straight teeth, a very rare trait among English cunts

Fuck all you funny talking britbongs english, irish, scottish, welsh, etc.... Go suck prince harry's cock some more. Soccer sucks, football is way better.

The Scots have red hair. The only Irish with red hair are those with Scottish ancestors.

>soccer
>calling a game where guys run around carrying an egg-shaped object "football"

Potato famine.....in the words of Alan Partridge, that's what you get for being a picky eater. Hope your ancestors suffered sub human irish

let's see: Malfoys and their kind are the English nobility, muggle-borns are the Irish, Wasleys are Anglo-Irish, Arthur Weasley's keen interest in anything muggle-related sounds like a metaphor for the Anglo-Irish taking interest in anything Irish in order to better blend in among the Irish population.

Out of curiosity are you Irish or English?

I would lick Ginny's sweet pink ginger butthole.

neither

>calling french fries chips

>calling a flashlight a torch

> calling a cigarette a fag

You wanna play this game britfuck? I can keep going...

I am not British

>thinking that chips and french fries are the same thing.

The other families in the Sacred Twenty-Eight disprove of and look down on the Weasley family because they don't share the pure blood prejudice against muggles,muggle-borns, mudbloods and the like.

I'll take the bait... whats the difference between chips and french fries?

But hey, that's just a theory
A FILM THEORY, thanks for watching!

chips are larger

I hate that line, but overall his channel is OK

flash
verb
shine in a bright but brief, sudden, or intermittent way.

Unless you're turning it on and off like at a fucking strobe, the term flashlight makes no sense.

Actually ginger hair is much more common in scotland as 40% of the population carry the gene.

so it seems, but red hair is still associated with Ireland more than any other place AFAIK

Doesn't that just depend on the size of the potato?

I mean that a fry's cross-section is more or less square while a chip is more like a random chunk sliced off a potato

Yer 'll talkin pish, go down the shitter ya lavvy heids.

shut yer mouth gobshite

Yeah, never knew the details but yeah. And the dark magic black kid? The Asian girl Harry loves? The Indian twins? Europe is a cluster-fuck of nationalities.

But as a metaphor for how the English nobility view the Irish? What is noble anyway? So on and so on m8e

stating the obvious/10

congrats, you would pass grade 9 english studies

I mean, yeah, sure. I'm sure there's a lot to learn behind each character and their meanings and the ties they share between modern culture.

Ireland is now quite a rich country. after the celtic tiger period it is now a strong economy.

there's a line, and you idiots are approaching it

Aw shit so jk rowlings an sjw? Cancer

>because J K Rowling isnt as dumb as a post

almost exactly what I meant

>damage control jessie

I said that chips are larger, the pic says chips are "chunkier than standard fries", wording is different but the meaning is more or less the same

It still pisses me off that one of the twins died in the last book.

>implying you can't find bullshit metaphors in anything

This. Rowling is a twat for that one.

Wtf? No Taytos? You gotta have some fucking taaayytos.

Good theory but probably untrue. Your idea of "what the English nobility think" doesn't really ring true when J K Rowling is Scottish and was on welfare payments when writing the books

OP here, notice that I used past tense, also note that in the sentence where I talked about English nobility in present tense I said "stereotypical English nobles" and then explained what I meant by "stereotypical", as for Rowling being Scottish, that doesn't really invalidate my theory, in fact as a Scotsman (or is the PC term nowadays "Scotswoman"? So difficult to keep track of these things...) she might be even more likely to have a negative opinion of the stereotypical English nobility than your average English person would.

>shit country
>rebel citizens fighting your own govt.
>drunkards
>ugly women
>weird traditions

you irish are the mexicans of the uk

OP here, in case you were referring to me, I am not Irish, nor am I British either (in fact English is only my second language, though it should technically be my third)

She's not Scottish tho.

Build the wall
Build the wall
Build the wall

screw building a wall, dig a moat!

Where is the Poutine? Best use of potatoes ever.

amercanhere. this thread is very entertaining. nothing like watching the Eu infighting over j.k. rofling's shite of a series.

did you guys forget that planes exist?

both of the stars end up with redhead feces at the end. it's just another example of pathetic garbage licking british sociology.

in the states, we lick niggers mostly.

This lol

i don't get how anyone in america can even get close to niggers. personally. they have a very nauseating odor. olny blacks have this smell and any non black whose been around them would know. it even permeates their entire home too. i know because i used to work as a repairman.

This

/thread

Go to bed or go to work, niggers.

Chill mike...its not all about us right now, bud.

What have you written and published lately?

You know what a shit swries is still better than? No series at all. Lets hear your taste

Inb4 you google top 10 lists to post nigger i dont want a book from a dead american over 50 years old

Write your own damn thesis

This.
Being up early in America is so great.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Sinn Féin much paddy?

What you fail to understand with your dead britbong vocabulary is that in U.S., potato(of any size) + hot oil bath = fries

okay calm down kiddo. no need to get all butthurt cause i don't like your precious series.

just a little fyi.i hate everything. i love to read. but you wont catch me reading some fantasy written by X

if anything i like movies. comedies. some horror. a couple of action ones too.

you like bad boys 2? we should get together and watch it sometime

nope, Vikings, got everywhere. also some pre Gael (back to bronze age before the iron age Celts invaded) had blond or red hair.

once again I am not British, I'm not even a native English-speaker

why? why would you go for an arsehole when her sweet cunt is an inch away?

mind you she is far too skinny now...

tell me. how come there were exactly 0 redheads in the movie braveheart? is mel gibson scared of souless gingers?

fun fact the red hair gene is the same mutation in all red haired animals - so yes, red heads do share genes in common with squirrels and Red Setter dogs. makes sense.

its called a football because it's a foot long

but it should still be called footegg

Can't we just agree that, even though they've "developed" the english language, english people tend to use rather unconventional terms to describe everyday objects. British English as a formal language is rather nice to listen too, even more soothing than American English (atleast that's my opinion) but street english in Britain is horrible to listen too. Not because of their accents, but because of examples that you mentioned. Germanfag here and our "chips" are "chips", not "crisps". Please britbongs, either stick to your nice Oxford English or shut up.

uhm actually the only time the foot touches the egg shaped ball is during kickoffs/fieldgoals. so it would be called HANDegg. since we carry the ball in our hands.

i know that, have you read the first sentence?

medieval Scotsmen didn't wear kilts either, nor was "Prima Nocta" a thing either, in fact I think the only Mel Gibson movie I know that wasn't pure BS was "We were soldiers"

NOPE. i really wanted to chime in and be all like "actually" while pushing up my imaginary glasses.

PICTLAND FOR THE PICTS! CELTS OUT NOW!

funny. "we were soldiers" is just about the only mel gibson movie i haven't/wont see. well that and "Passion of the christ"

So they're irish. So what.
The fact that you point out negativity in it or presumed negativity from other, fictional, characters shows more of your own opinion and anger.

>oh gimli was the comic relief in lotr movies omg elves are such elitists so we gots to kill everyone who's longer than 6 feet now. stand up for little people with beards

why won't you watch "We were soldiers"? It's a rather good movie, one of the few American war movies actually like

how come hogwarts was 95% white children? they literally metthe bare minimum token quota and have like. ONE or TWO of the other races. and they're barely in the series.

ehhh..american war movie is american war movie. there's too many to pick from. personal favorites include. apocalypse now. saving private. inglorious. that tank movie. the one with robin williams. i got my fix of merican war movies.

Because such a world is created by one person. You will never get a fictional world as rich as the real world because here everyone thinks of everything.

You just thought of that stupid reply to write, I'd never have written that in a book
>but muh privilege dis book has no stupid replies omg triggered
Diversity of billions isnt in the mind of one.

During the falling out Ron went to say with his brother Bill and his wife Fleur.

Ron's dad has a fucking elastic arm.

just saying. j.k. rofling could have had more diversity. im sure she defends it herself too. but she was all like. "nu-uh, not in my fantasy. gunna keep it nice and aryan."

either way. i don't care. i just like pointing out things that i notice.

but now we have a black hermione

It's actually good writing to not have it.
Admittedly for autism it's not.

When writing you want a 'clean' world. You don't want too much things to be noticed except for everything that matters. Fact of the matter is most white people socialize with white people. Most niggers are not in the UK either and people see Brits as the lads with a british accent drinking tea and being posh.

Generalization makes life much easier. We don't have time to process and identify every unique snowflake you want them to be the same so you can focus on your main characters whom should be easily identifiable as what they are and how the world sees them: british.

Only autismus and people nitpicking will find the problems.

different movie, I was talking about the Goblet of Fire (I mentioned the Quiddich World Cup in the post so I thought it would be obvious I was talking about GoF)

Northeastern? Nice trips but I'll have to respectfully disagree in favour of the master race potato product, the hash brown

Mashed. Potatoes.

There is no superior comfort food.

I don't trust them. I've worked in kitchens basically my whole working life and I gotta tell ya, there are some retarded fucks out there who can't make decent mashed potatoes if they have instructions right there with them. They're either too dry and bland or they're basically cream and melted butter puree with too much salt and pepper. Done right though they're delicious

bump

im not upset about it or anything. im not complaining about it either. all i wanted to do was point out that it's not that ethnic. the whole black hermiony thing is just pandering btw.