New Metallica album thread

New Metallica album thread.
Opinions about it?

Hardwired is an alright song. But moth into flame has this nostalgic feeling to it. It reminds me of the black album so far. Which was a great album. How about yourself user?

love old metallica, but also like st anger, this song is all filler

i'm looking forward to it. hardwired was ok, except the solo just kinda happens than fucking vanishes without warning. but goddammit I watched moth into flame on fallon and it was fucking awesome.

The black album was shitty

Go to reeeeeee

Haven't heard it. Anyone know where I can download it for free?

it's not out yet dumbass, and death magnetic leaked, pretty sure they're gonna make sure that isn't going to be repeated

moth into flame was exactly what you wanna hear, DM was a step back into the right direction, so this is gonna be even better

It's okay. I downloaded it from Napster but you can also get it from Jewtube, although I can't guarantee that the sound quality will be good.

Absolute garbage

They always try to bring back the shit days of the black album but all they get is st-anger standard crap...metallica sucks, always have, always will

Ido why so many hate on the black album.

Why wasn't it Lars guys?

Hardwired wasn't great, Moth Into Flame I actually kinda like.

Metallica is a good example of how living too comfortably can ruin creativity.

Most of the stuff they've done in the last, what, 20 years (has it already been so fucking long since "Load"? christ...) has sounded very forced and lacking in inspiration. It's like they have no more stories to tell and no passion or emotion to put into their music.

I like that cover art...

When they were thrash, they kicked ass.
Black is 80% crap. Us metallica fans were like WTF is this when it came out and they've been crap ever since.

Better than the original.
In fact, is this the original? It makes so much sense. To self destruct and the destruct is covered by fast food stuff and it simbolizes how the fast food industry distracts us with their delicious products therefore we are hardwired.
Incredible piece.

agreed. And Justice For All, arguably, is their best album.

Probably doesn't have a single solo on it. The black album was the last one of theirs you could even pretend was good.

Their song fuel was on a fucking hot wheels game for fuck's sake!

How many albums have you released JoeSixpack?

How is that a fair argument? They aren't a professional musician. You can expect musicians to put out lots of good music, but it's asinine to expect some average Joe to do the same.

You have no argument. Kys.

Hardwired is an absolutely shit tier song, the album can wait

Black album is when it went to shit

1. Shitty artwork
2. Metallica are no longer capable of writing a song where the same boring riffs aren't milked for less than 5-6mins.
3. James' voice is so harshly compressed these days it sounds terrible.

I've listened to both and don't really care for either song. Though I think Moth is more metallica-ish than Hardwired, which sounds more like St. Anger in style.

Ive had a convo with a buddy of mine once(around the release of death magnetic) and he gave me his 2 cents saying he thinks DM is the album that seems more like a proper metallica transition (ie; black album => death magnetic) and that load through st. Anger are not true metallica albums (ie - they're shit) I can't say I agree or disagree either way as I lost my taste for Metallica after buying St. Anger and realizing it was shit.(but I actually kind of like Load/Reload)

I believe the problem with Metallica is Lars. Not because of him being a shit person, but literally because he has not grown as a musician. I feel like each track I listen to now all sound like they have the same drum track. I mean Hetfield had to adjust his voice due to injuries sustained, Newstead was removed and replaced, and Hammett has literally gone to school to be a classically trained guitarist while working with other bands.

But what has Lars done? Stagnate? I feel like if they swapped him out or if he worked on "gettin gud" then maybe they'd be alright.

>tl;dr - user doesn't like the drums.

Dude same! Moth Into Flame definately is one of those songs that sounds like their old shit!

Lars did sue Napster, so there's always that I guess. Even after the band encouraged bootlegs... Fuck Lars! Fuck Lars and his fucken gay Tama drum kit.

Truth

Lars has to be heard so thats why his snare is so overpowering and ruins everything. Ever since James thinks he Rockabilly he went to shit.

Megadeth Rules!

Megadeth fan detected.

Finally someone agrees.