Tfw my football team from my childhood is irrelevant on Cred Forums

>tfw my football team from my childhood is irrelevant on Cred Forums

The Terry Bowden years were amazing.

Its suffering. Once a decade we're good but then its just years of getting shit on.

Serious question: would you trade your ability to occasionally compete for national titles at the cost of sometimes enduring horrendous seasons for being a the second fiddle team who consistently "almost" goes all the way? Because this ride I've found myself on has been nothing but heartbreaking. This year will be no different. They're building the fans up with miracle wins so the fall will be from more staggering heights later on.

>would you trade your ability to occasionally compete for national titles at the cost of sometimes enduring horrendous seasons for being a the second fiddle team who consistently "almost" goes all the way?

do we get to dominate our rivals?
i would totally take a perpetual 9-4 or 10-3 if we beat alabama and georgia 75% of the time

Badger fan here. It's not that bad, pretty nice knowing we'll always be in the ncaa tourney and a decent\good bowl game every year.

No. You can never beat both in the same season. You will alwaysat least lose to either Alabama or Georgia. Sometimes you'll go 10-2, but the 2 losses will be to both Georgia and Alabama, making your other 10 wins seem hollow.

Follwup: Just checked, 2012 is the only time in my lifetime that Georgia has beaten both Auburn and Florida in the same season. The last time before that was 1981, during the Herschel Walker years.

our top 3 rivals are alabama, georgia, and lsu in that order, i'd say
georgia's top 3 are (i'm guessing on the order) florida, auburn, and georgia tech

so if we're trading with richt era georgia we absolutely dominate lsu, beat georgia 2/3 of the time, and beat alabama 1/3 of the time

i'd almost take that
if we could beat alabama half the time i'd take it without a second thought

>from my childhood
>a fucking college
I bet you actually went to UAB or some shit, if you were that lucky

None of you know what it is to truly suffer.

at least you can go watch highlights of two of the greatest teams of all time when you're feeling sad about the current state of your program

We've already been to two natties this decade that's only half over.
No. I can think of nothing more depressing than being a jawja fan.

>I can think of nothing more depressing than being a jawja fan.
I stand corrected.

>2012 is the only time in my lifetime that Georgia has beaten both Auburn and Florida in the same season. The last time before that was 1981

90% of the depression a jawja fan experiences is due to have unrealistic expectations in the first place

>I can think of nothing more depressing than being a jawja fan.
i have family at jawja
it absolutely sucks that they've dominated us in my lifetime

>tfw no losing seasons since 1941

Not their fault people expect a team made of nothing but top tier recruits not to somehow become less than the sum of its parts.
Just laugh. They've beaten us 8 out of the last 10 times. Those two times we won we played for national titles. The fuck were they doing the eight times they won? Couldn't even win the conference.

what the fuck are you

>tfw my childhood team might be relevant again for the first time since I was in freshman in high school

>supporting this team is true suffering

>childhood team
That's pretty cuckworthy supporting a team for a school you never attended.

I want that for you. Richt's a good guy. It's good to see some passion in him again. Bulldog fans weren't kind to him for the past 7 years, and I saw him losing his passion for the game.

You always have the Kick Six to look back on, OP.

best birthday ever

>having your birthday on the same day as a rivalry game

Yeah but other birthdays must have sucked. My brother's birthday is frequently on the same day as the Georgia-Georgia Tech game and both times he received tickets to go as a present a Georgia Tech upset Georgia in Sanford Stadium in the rain.

regular season games don't happen on november 30th that much

only relevant when they use half of their university funding on cam's family, and when they are in the midst of a 4-8 season and upset alabama
first option is gone forever, and the second seems to have been usurped by one of those mississippis

Gold games are GT wins. His birthday is November 29.

Only team with two perfect seasons in a power 5 conference this century.
Two national title games this decade.
Have not beat bama during a losing season that I can remember (have only had two of those this century).

ROLL TIDE ROLL

post student ID/diploma or gtfo

>all of these people whose teams won a BCS bowl at some point in the last 20 years crying

Oh boo hoo. You faggots don't know what suffering is. We lost to western Michigan by 24 today. 6-6 is success here.

>auburn

>be me
>UAB student
>bama fan

1v1 me

>bama fan
>too dumb to get into bama
shocker

no complaints here

Is that even possible?

Every SEC school not named Vanderbilt is piss easy to get into. I remember slightly above average students from my high school in Bumfuck, Indiana would get full rides to ole miss.

It finnaly looks like Bielema has the pieces in place to start making runs.

But I know they will lose in the most soul crushing way possible.

>are bama fans that dumb
fuck you think

Chris Davis Jr. was your last relevant player.

>arkansas winning
>first half of the season
what is this madness

It must suck knowing you're little brother and it will never change. You can't catch up to Bama in head to head, conference titles, or natties. Hell, Bama is one away from Auburn in Heismans now after not having a single one in over 100 years.

>the best Arkansas player is this century is Darren McFadden

Lol

Not really. It was just cheaper for me to live at home and go to UAB than it was to live on campus. Plus I had a part time job that paid pretty well that I wouldn't have been able to work at as much if I lived in Tuscaloosa.

I might transfer there for grad school but who knows.

Will just have to cry over these extra $19,000 I suppose

>15 years after graduation

Jesus Christ SEC, my shitty d2 school averages $75k upon graduation and about $110k after 10 years

What is everybody other than Vanderbilt and A&M doing? Feminist dance therapy? Creative writing? Or even worse, business undergrad?

hurr durr i guess your school is better than vandy then

Good. I hope your shit school stays irrelevant.

they're even in national titles counting other sports, and football national titles aren't even counted by the ncaa

In pay evidently, certainly not in prestige. But that's no hate to vandy; it makes sense because my school is all-STEM, so we don't have libarts retards dragging us down like vandy does. I have no doubt vandy' STEM grads make more than us.

But 70k 15 years after graduation is just sad.

Arkansas will win the SEC within the next two years.
I'm cheering for you senpai. I like the offense you guys run

I hope you realize how pathetic your post sounds, user.

okay kid

that's because most coug fans are inbred goat fuckers. tbqh i couldn't imagine a worse hell.

Not a UW or WSU fan, but I'd rather be an inbred than be from or near Seattle

No problem man.

>Not a WSU fan
Sure, goat fucker.

see

gus is honestly the stupidest college/pro coach ive ever seen. i thought he was among the best play callers in the country a few years back. ive seen dumber stuff in high school ball, fitting thats where he comes from

I'm a purdue fan m8, not even the same conference or side of the country