Does Canelo really want it?

Does Canelo really want it?

Other urls found in this thread:

faceb00k.com/therealboxingv2/videos/622514004584935/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2wkG_BTTIZ8
totalsportek.com/boxing/golovkin-vs-brook-purse-payout/
boxinginsider.com/columns/business-of-boxing-how-does-the-pay-per-view-deal-work/
youtube.com/watch?v=W7qANCptCRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qSHV9wTsrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=jP8YHkag-qE
bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/12/11666248/report-canelo-vs-khan-does-approximately-460000-buys-boxing-news
boxingnewsresults.com/2016/09/canelo-inherits-new-problem-demetrius-andrade/
twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/779022002388504576
twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/779030613353304064
youtube.com/channel/UCEvnk5m_Zs-RpCc2YbFDewA
youtube.com/watch?v=K8PX8O7mHIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its a scare tactic.

who's he trying to scare?

No, he's a lying sack of shit and he got BTFO by Max Kellerman in that post fight interview.
>Yelling viva mexico and running away because you don't want anymore tough questions

Let's be real, everyone wants it. The only reason we're still waiting is because of money. Honestly casual sport fans still don't know who GGG is and they might know who canelo is. GGG is gonna run through bjs eubank jr and daniel Jacobs before he gets the canelo fight imo

Bu-bu-but Golden Boy offered Golovkin two to three times more money a month ago (while he was in training), Canela told me so

yap he offere'd it to him and the guy gennerdu galston gonumphreys said no way jose..

didn't know Mexicans were such pussies desu

just the red haired ones.

If they want more money why doesn't Alvarez just speak English?

that was hilarious. Golden Boy must have told Kellerman to not ask him about GGG because the first thing he did was say "Your going to be asked this every fight, until you fight him"

he looked pissed too when he heard "Triple G"

do you guys think that golden boy really offered them 8 figures

I believe so. but compared to what Canelo could possibly make in Pay Per View money, i think Ten million dollars is pretty low

lol no, why do people believe golden boy's lies when they've shown time and time again they're full of shit

GGG vs Canelo is going to be the next Gayweather vs. Poorquiao. Both will be out of their prime when they decide to fight each other.

no, canelo will still be in his prime and ggg will be out of his prime

it's fucked up, I want this fight to be made, I saw it in my fucking dreams last night and I'm not even lying

Yes. Him giving up the WBC middleweight title and fighting at 154lbs again proves that he wants to make the fight

they'll fight when he's 38/39

It's so frustrating to have both guys beating up bums in fairly uncontested fights when everyone just wants to see them fight eachother

I like the sport of boxing but it's annoying to be a fan the way fights are organized

GGG tries to get the big fights, its well known he was ducked by Martinez, Cotto, Canelo, Chavez Jr.

I dont think Billy Joe Saunders is ducking him, he's just waiting for the right offer to come his way so he can cash out. as for Eubank Jr, it was never his intention to fight Golovkin, no matter what the father and son say.

what the fuck is Chavez Jr even doing at the moment? hasn't fought since July 2015

Canelo will unironically beat Golovkin

Who won?

What happened with the Ward vs GGG fight?

Ward keeps claiming he had it set up and someone pulled out, then ward moved up a weight class?

just saw the press conference and then some stupid birds woke me up

Maybe to fight at 156 or some other bullshit weight. Canelo does not want a full middleweight fight.

he only sent an email offer to K2 promotions with a 50/50 split, which is ridiculous since at the time Ward wasnt even that big of a name. Golovkin was already training for the Lemieux fight when he sent that and I dont think Ward had fixed his promotional problems yet. now all the Ward fanboys claim Golovkin ducked Ward.

really he just did that to keep his name relevant. he's only fought like 4 times in the last three years and 2016 is his most active year since 2009

I don't believe anything Ward says, he's a diva no one pays to watch who takes forever to sign contracts. Ever now he fellates Canelo just to talk shit about GGG, he's buttbalsted as fuck and can't stop talking about him
Even went on a rant about how eastern Europeans were taking what belonged to "them", he's an entitled pillow fisted pussy

Even though he's likely a super middleweight come fight night kek

bump for pussy mexicans

Maybe but just a week or two Oscar said GGG was going to get a flat fee and that's it but now he says they were going to give him 8 figures plus ppv upside?
Which one is it?
Also sign a fight a year before it happens? So many things could happen since then no one signs a contract a year ahead of time, it's financially irresponsible, it's a fake offer if they did offer him that hoping they would turn it down like any smart businessman would.
They sent an offer that anyone would have turned down, just so they can stop all the insults thrown their way by saying "we sent them an offer and they declined".
Same shit Ward pulled, hours after it was publicly announced that GGG signed the fight with Lemeiux Ward comes out "offering" a contract and that they have the email to prove it but won't reveal anything about it, to fight a year from then 50/50 split.
No one does this, these fuckers know that, it's not done in that manner but they pull this shit as a ploy.

works for the fanboys who will forever say "LIL G DUCKED WARD"

Canelo should fight him Cinco de Mayo

isn't it obvious canelo doesn't?
>ducks him endlessly
he's scared man leave the poor kid alone

Funny that you guys mostly side with GGG and say that Canelo is ducking. Canelo isn't the one protecting a perfect record and KO streak by fighting a steady stream of slightly more skilled bums for years. He actually fought Mayweather, while Triple G's camp bullshitted for publicity about it claiming he would go down to fight him when it would never happen. He took low money high risk fights like with Lara, meanwhile Lara has been calling out Golovkin now for ages with no response. Let's face it, they've been milking Triple G for all he's worth, built up a pretty big fan base and reputation, and don't want the ride to stop now by potentially getting beat by Canelo.

literally a sitting duck for canelos counters.

Exactly. We saw in his fight against Brook how one dimensional he is. He shows no ability to adapt his style in the slightest. No doubt his style has been brutally effective (and also entertaining) against the opponents they've put in with him so far, but against a Canelo it would be a different story. There's no way he takes repeated punches to the face on purpose because he "doesn't feel them, " he will feel Canelo's punches that's for damn sure

the whole "he lets himself get hit" is a retarded excuse to defend the piss poor defensive skills.

The pay-per-view will probably break 1 million buys. The Canelo-Cotto one only did 900k.

A 80-20 split would be even more than DLH's offer of "8 figures", or $10 million,

He only lets himself get hit when he doesnt care about their power. just look at the Lemiuex fight, he has probably the second biggest punch at middleweight so Golovkin just let the jab wear him down

i just hope they fight so canela can get exposed again and tv azteca can stop shilling him all the fucking time

GGG would be a lot for Canelo to handle. It would come down to another slug fest and there is no way Canelo comes out of that the winner

I don't even like Golovkin all that much and I know he'd fucking delete Canelo's chin

We know it, they know it, that's why this fight will never happen, unless they wait until Golovkin gets old and loses to someone, then he swoops in and beats an over the hill triple G

GGG will make Canelo a certified good boy if it ever happens

Why is Eubank Jr. such a faggot?

First he drops a world title.

Now he drops a British title.

His opponent's promoter is suing him $25,000 for pulling out.

Sorry I'm not buying it, no fighter let's themself get punched in the face. Why would you risk getting a dangerous cut that could stop the fight? Any pro boxers punch hurts at that level, why the hell would anyone want to get punched in the face and give the other guy points if they could prevent it?

Sure it wouldn't be an easy fight for Canelo, but Canelo has been in slugfests before, Triple G hasnt. They are both big punchers with great chins, so if it's a slugfest, the guy with the better defense is going to come out on top, and there's no doubt Canelo has better defense

If Canelo wanted it, it would have already happened by now.

>boxing
>duckfests
>dead sport

pick all 3

Would you want to get knocked the fuck out by GGG?

he's injured bitch

i believe canelo wants it and the more its delayed, the more i think golden boy is doing the right thing. the hype for the fight increases each time you watch GGG or canelo destroy some bum fighter. they will fight at cinco de mayo next year and do 1million+ buys

If canelo wins the USA returns Mexico it's rightful clay.

If ggg wins we finally will recognize Kazakhstan as a real country.

Who says no?

Little off topic, but I love boxing and would love to watch it. What do you guys use to watch the fights online for free? Any good sites? Much appreciated

We go on reddit and find streams desu. And yes I'm speaking for all of us.

Bullshit. They offered GGG 10 million for the fight and his team turned it down because it wasn't enough. Basically they aren't happy Canelo will be making more money than him, which is dumb af because he is a much bigger draw and has been in way more big PPV fights than Golovkin has

I agree somewhat.

$10M is a lot of money.

At least 3 times what GGG has made in ANY fight.

But then considering the potential PPV buys, it's less than a 80-20 split.

Canelo-Cotto was a 60-40 split for Cotto.

>offer a guy 1 dollar for the fight
>doesn't accept
>GGG LE DUCKING

Lowballing to prevent the fight from happening is the same thing as ducking you delusional ignorant fuck. 10 million is chump change for that fight.

>trying to get rid of commiefornia

proxy off, burguer

50/50 or 60/40 split makes sense honestly, especially when GGG is holding all the belts ffs

Mayweather was never going to KO Canelo. Ever. That is the difference in why they took that fight.

this.
"letting" someone hit you doesn't mean you're some defensive genius because you're allowing it, it makes you an idiot.
someone with real defensive skill would be moving in an out of their opponents strike zones and blind spots.

I'd actually get upset if Golovkin doesn't accept at the very least 70/30.

If you're really that good, you'd have no fucking problem with Canelo and take the HUGE payday, steal his fans, and establish yourself as the next king of PPV.

>turned it down

they're still waiting on GGG to respond to the offer. the reality is, the canelo fight is GGGs last potential big pay day outside a rematch with canelo, so he wants to earn money.

Didn't Eubank snapchat himself partying in the club last night? Didn't look injured to me

Golovkin deserves just as much money in that fight but to make it happen he'd probably have to accept less

the fact of the matter is I think at the end of the day Golovkin needs the fight more which is why this has gone on as long as it has, mexicans are always going to be sucking Canelo's dick no matter if he fights some fringe super welterweight or calls out Chocolatito, Golovkin is no question better better but he's in a bad spot with Ward having moved up to fight a much more dangerous opponent and noone at middleweight even being able to touch Golovkin, it's funny how a fucking welterweight has been the one to frustrate him the most

Well Canelo is going to be the one getting the asses in the seats and the majority of PPV sales. Triple G isn't nearly as popular as what you might imagine him to be

Canelo vacated his belt man, instead of letting it go to purse bid. There is no defending that, he fucking ducked the fight.

GGG just made 9 million, I believe, against Brook, 10 million is not that much given how much money the fight is likely to make.
Second they offered a contract for a fight a year from now, no one would accept a contract like that, no one has and no one ever will because it's a bullshit offer they were supposed to turn down so Canelo and Golden Boy could save face.
You only send a contract for your current upcoming fight that's how it works, De La Hoya knows this, which is why he sent the offer in the first place and knew how unreasonbale the terms were, it was only sent to purposefully get shot down.
If they really wanted the fight, why did they vacate the belt instead of fighting GGG earlier this year? GGG was Canelo's mandatory for the WBC title.
You have to understand when someone is bullshitting you.

idk i doubt he is injured, his dad has a history of having him dodge guys, but then admit they did duck the guy, so who knows

The only reason ppv well sell more than his previous fights is because of who canelo is fighting. Or were you excited to pay to see him fight Liam Smith?

>GGG made $9M against Brook

Uhh... I don't think so. Joshua's last fight did 400k buys, and Hearn said GGG-Brook did slightly more.

Let's say it did 500k buys. At $20, it only made $10M in PPV sales.

>Junior has no business fighting him, junior is a savage. Chris is......special

faceb00k.com/therealboxingv2/videos/622514004584935/

lol

I just double checked, it wasn't 9 million, I could have sworn I read that somewhere leading up to the fight but 5 million for each.
His previous payday was 2 million, if he gets another UK fighter like Saunders or Degale it will be even bigger but that's how you make more and more money you fight big names with big fanbases.
Canelo doesn't want to be GGG's stepping stone to superstardom because it will be proportional to his falling off of it, he just likes to make excuses, they've already sparred and I'm certain that is part of why this fight has been delayed so much on their side.

I assume GGG got some HBO money as well?

Are people in this thread literally gay (nothing wrong with that) or girls who don't like football (nothing wrong with that)? Just had a GOAT NFL game-ending moment 1 min ago and the game thread speed over 500 and first thing i see when going to main page is The Thread Following Half Naked Men...and only girls and gay guys like that right? Who else likes watching bare-chested dudes?

He wants it about as much as Mayweather wanted a prime Pacquiao.

>the champ should take much less because beaners make a spic ducking faggot

Vipbox. Alotta pop up ads tho.

haha, nice

Smoking weed

What is it mexicans vs tv azteca vs televisa? No matter how much you guys hate them you still watch them.

>boxing

>i felt for the mma meme

Running his fathers legacy,pissing away talent and smoking out everyday

>mma a shit too

Canelo would do the fight but Oscar Del Hoya knows that by delaying Mayweather vs Pacquiao they made $250 million. If they do this September 2017 it will make more money than if they had done it this year.

The fight will be decent but Golovkin is winning. The only way Golovkin might get beat is if he steps up to 168 lbs and fights someone like James DeGale, anybody at a physical disadvantage won't be able to cope with his high pressure style and punching power.

Last I heard he was training with Freddie Roach. Still, it's too late for him to take boxing seriously. And both him and Sergio Martinez burned out wit their fight

They're doing the same shit that happened with Pacquiao-Mayweather. Why fight GGG when Canelo can fight nobodies and draw that kind of crowd?

Oscar will either never agree to the fight or wait til Canelo's stock drops and that will never happen since Mexican boxing fans are casual and nationalistic as fuck.

this desu

boxing needs to have a way of forcing fights before one or both of the boxers declines and it makes for a shit fight

it would be easier if the fighters were all taken advantage of by a cartel like UFC

if you ignore the mma fags and floyd haters you could say that /box/ threads are pretty much cancer free
something you don't see very often

Canelo vs GGG or Pacquiao vs Mayweather in their prime what is the better fight?

Yeah it's called getting rid of all these 'junior and super' weight classes. It was made so there was opportunities for super fights between champions but all that happens is athletes running away and jumping classes.

Also there's gotta be legitimacy with the belts, it's becoming more of a marketing tool now to hype fights - theres 6 billion belts circa. This is something boxing can go back to and learn from the MMA model for once.

By the time Canelo vs GGG happens Canelo will be in his prime he's only 26 now. If Pacquiao vs Mayweather had happened in 2009 or 2010 it would have been a closer fight but I would still strongly favour Mayweather because he's defensive and the greatest counter puncher ever.

Canelo vs GGG is the better fight because it's two attacking fighters. Mayweather beat Canelo with his elusive style and that's what gave Canelo problems against Lara. They've now said they won't fight Willie Monroe for the same reason because it's a boring fight where Monroe would make it difficult picking his shots. With Canelo vs GGG it will probably be a war and Golovkin will overwhelm him.

Honestly, the only real problem is that there is no central governing body for boxing. But I like it that way. Fighters can market themselves/be marketed by promoters and have themselves a really huge payday, and not get screwed over by UFC controlling cash flow.

Boxers at the end of the day are modern-day gladiators who want money and/or glory by proving to be the best in the ring. The difference is that they get to dictate their own terms and fight whoever they want.

So if they want to be pussies and fight bums for quick cash, they can. If they want to fight the best of the best for fat checks, then they can do that too.

The weight classes aren't that much different to MMA.

Boxing: 147 lbs, 154 lbs, 160 lbs, 168 lbs
MMA: 145 lbs, 155 lbs, 170 lbs

There's only 1 extra division in there and it is needed because there's a big difference between 6'3 Callum Smith and 5'9 Canelo Alvarez

Holy shit a boxing thread on Cred Forums

Anyone else here actually box? I'm trying to compete in the amateurs in a year been training for 2 months

Totally agree. A lot of these complaints boil down to boxing not being centralised like UFC but why should it be? Boxing is truly global unlike UFC and Boxers take immense risk and should get paid all they can.

There have been LOTS of good fights this year, anybody that missed it is a casual who only cares about what's on HBO.

List them.

Train more, or you're going to be eaten alive come fight night.

It's still far more than MMA also it's the complication of the belts

>"4 belts is the hard part of boxing. Football, Tennis etc have numerous titles which people follow. 17 weight classes x 4 belts x 4 interim/silver etc then throw in another 17 x 4 **** weight classes and god damn it there are probably 100 champs or so".

its going to happen next year

fans are needy fickle little faggots who have no patience

firstly the reasoning behind "truly building up to 160" instead of just beefing up for a few months like Brook did makes a lot of sense

second of all Golden Boy and Canelo respect Golovkin as a fierce opponent and want him to be absolutely ready for the fight.

Smh when idiotic fans call intelligence "running away"

>fans are needy fickle little faggots who have no patience
fans can demand whatever they want. Just as boxers are free to fight whoever they want, fans are free to criticize/support those decisions

>firstly the reasoning behind "truly building up to 160" instead of just beefing up for a few months like Brook did makes a lot of sense
In what world does that make sense? Canelo is a true MW who cuts 6 lbs to fight. He ways more than GGG on fight nights.

>Smh when idiotic fans call intelligence "running away"
>posts animu
Oh, it's b8. I fell for it.

the animu even have mexican attire and mustachios you braindead nonce

These fights were either entertaining or closely matched going into it:

Yunier Dorticos vs Youri Kalenga
Chris Eubank Jr vs Nick Blackwell
Errol Spence Jr vs Chris Algieri
Ramirez vs Arthur Abraham
Tony Bellew vs Ilunga Makabu
Anthony Crolla vs Ismael Barroso
Badou Jack vs Lucian Bute
James DeGale vs Rogelio Medina
Andre Berto vs Victor Ortiz
Ryan Walsh vs James Tennyson
Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter
George Groves vs Martin Murray
Leo Santa Cruz vs Carl Frampton
Terrance Crawford vs Viktor Postol
Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Breazeale
Roman Gonzalez vs Carlos Cuadras

And another one I forgot Giovanni De Carolis vs. Tyron Zeuge

Ty famm. I've seen most gunna check out the ones I've missed

No love for Vargas Salido?

And Vargas vs Salido, Thurman vs Porter.
My favorite would have to be Santa Cruz vs Frampton

Nevermind,I missed Thurman vs Porter on the list lol

who's going to watch this fight

>Dan Blackwell

JUST

in his defence, he has never been dropped

Crolla vs Linares is potentially one of the fights of the year expecting war, Crolla vs Barroso was my favourite fight this year although I'm biased

I'm not gay but I would turn gay for Nick Blackwell, fucking hell he's sexy

There's loads of guys out there who make a living fighting every 2 weeks and doing just enough to lose on points

They have to be good enough to avoid getting knocked out as they'd get suspended

add to that
Craig Kennedy vs Joel Tambwe Djeko
Kell Brook vs GGG
Steve Cunningham vs Krzysztof Głowacki
Shinsuke Yamanaka vs Anselmo Moreno

Yup. They're called Journeymen. And they make up 90% of boxers.

Anybody paying attention to all the boxers saying that GGG should move up two weight divisions?
And how it's only black boxers saying this? What's up with that?

it's the demographic, son

they want him to fight the best black boxer in the sport right now..... Andre Ward. no one really says it out loud, but American boxers are getting pissed that these Europeans are getting a lot of attention.

Not really fair to him to expect him to fight Ward as he's moved up to light heavyweight, Ward has Kovalev to get past. Golovkin still has Saunders, Eubank, Canelo, Jacobs he can fight at 160. I would like to see him fight at 168 before he retires though just so he's really challenged.

completely agree with you. Abel Sanchez says it might even be possible that GGG would someday fight at LHW

It's all these Dontaes who even hate black people who don't blindly fellate all black boxers, even shit on RJJ for praising Golovkin
>Pacquiao beats Alfieri
>Beating up cans
>Errol Spence beats Algieri
GOAT, Algieri is quite the opponent so impressive

i fucking hate that fat fuck Dontae. he hates Golovkin with a passion yet claims to come with the facts.

first he says he should fight Brook, when its announced "Why is Golovkin fighting a smaller guy?????" and claims that Brook "exposed" him.
now he's saying he should fight Errol Spence???

earlier this year They claimed Roy Jones jr was the best commentator on hbo, but when he defended the GGG/Brook fight they claim "he's just defending HBO fighters"

>Listening to YouTube casuals

You'd get better fight analysis on eastsideboxing.

>the demographic

Where do you post famm? I got banned for life at boxingforum24 for calling pimp c a pussy nigga.

Don't give him views, it's what he wants the race baiting nig
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2wkG_BTTIZ8
I don't mind this guy

Doug Fisher, a boxing analyst refers to blacks as "the demographic" too.

Any black person who doesn't suck black boxer's dick is an Uncle Tom as well.

Smug Pepe seems content that Golden Boy's golden boy will be safe from Golovkin

Him and Oscar have ruined their legacies promoting canelo.

Who gives a fuck about triple G and Canelo

The real fight of the century happens in two months. the only PPV im buying since last May

we'll never see GGG-Canelo til 2019. it will be all bullshit in the meantime

can't wait for this fight

Huge fight could go either way but favour Ward

another EASY, slow as fuck BUM that can't move his head?

yeah i cant wait to see ward get put to sleep
im pretty confident in Kovalev winning but if Ward wins I will personally suck dontaes dick

Everytime I see this I think of Kovalev saying "I must break you"

where's vargas miura?

ward could play a villian in a bond movie.

>dole music starts playing

So can Kovalev. As the muscle for the bad guy

That and he's and he's as Russian as it gets.

I'm surprised he hasn't played a villain already.

Canelo went runnin

Funny how in press conferences he always seems like a nice guy

If they really offered Golovkin $10m and 160 lbs, K2 should have taken it.

Let's say the fight does 800,000 PPV buys at $65 each. $65 x 800,000 = $52m. HBO takes 40-50% of that straight away - let's say 40% - so that leaves $31.2m. $1.2m doesn't sound far off what they would spend on the undercard so let's deduct that too. Canelo accepted 25% of the purse split against Cotto in order to make the fight happen, so as the clear A-side against Golovkin he probably, justifiably feels entitled to the lion's share here. $10m would be a 33% share for GGG, which is perfectly fair IMO. And, as a flat fee, it's actually protected in case the PPV underperforms and does less than the Canelo-Cotto PPV did - which is certainly possible, considering that Cotto is a bigger name than GGG.

Let's also say you're pulling numbers out of your ass because HBO is broadcasting the fight, not promoting it; that's a promoters job. They're not getting 40% of the the total earnings.

You also have to take into account the amount of sponsors that are going to sign on, which would balloon that total amount. With a sufficient amount of money on the table, GGG taking $10M is chump change. The broadcasters would make more than that (exaggeration)

Besides, GGG already made half that fighting Brook in England, with Brook possibly making more: totalsportek.com/boxing/golovkin-vs-brook-purse-payout/

If GGG wants a $15-20M guaranteed purse, he should be entitled to get it. Not some bullshit offer from Golden Boy sent to cover their asses for running away from the mandatory title challenge.

Can't wait for the ggg meme to die.

>Let's also say you're pulling numbers out of your ass because HBO is broadcasting the fight, not promoting it; that's a promoters job. They're not getting 40% of the the total earnings.

boxinginsider.com/columns/business-of-boxing-how-does-the-pay-per-view-deal-work/

So I was wrong in the details but correct about the promoter's split. The distributor gets 10%, the cable company gets 45% and the promoter gets 45%.

>If GGG wants a $15-20M guaranteed purse, he should be entitled to get it. Not some bullshit offer from Golden Boy sent to cover their asses for running away from the mandatory title challenge.

He deserves 25-35%. 40% would be generous considering how much better Canelo's PPV record is; K2 demanding 50% is outright delusional and could be considered a duck. ABC belts don't mean shit when it comes to purse splits.

Brook got more than GGG because he was the A-side in the UK, just Canelo would be in America. Golovkin's only PPV to date flopped with only 97k-150k buys depending who you believe. Meanwhile Canelo does a minimum of ~350,000 every time regardless of the opponent and has hit highs of 2.2m with Floyd and 900k with Cotto.

Golovkin needs to take short money and then, if he wins, he will command a bigger split in the future. It's an investment.

Say what you will about Canelo, but he made big concessions in both of his biggest fights to date. Against Mayweather he agreed to a catchweight - something GGG refuses to do for him - and against Cotto he accepted a palty 25% purse split despite arguably being the bigger draw - which is another area that GGG seems unwilling to budge on.

When is GGG going to make some concessions?

>He deserves 25-35%. 40% would be generous considering how much better Canelo's PPV record is; K2 demanding 50% is outright delusional and could be considered a duck. ABC belts don't mean shit when it comes to purse splits.

I'll agree on that, but $10M is outright insulting considering that's only double what GGG made int the Brook fight. This is the biggest fight of his life, and if he wants to get paid like it, he should. 65/35 split should be good enough.

>Golovkin's only PPV to date flopped with only 97k-150k buys depending who you believe.
He fought a non-threat; people weren't going to buy something when they outcome was pretty much confirmed when the fight was made. Then again, it's not a good way to get into the PPV scene.

>Golovkin needs to take short money and then, if he wins, he will command a bigger split in the future. It's an investment.
I think with Golovkin's age, it seems like K2 is trying to capitalize now, so if they can swindle Golden Boy, they will. It's the nature of the boxing world. It works vice versa as well. (see: May v Pac)

>When is GGG going to make some concessions?
He didn't need to when there was mandatory fight already set, but Canelo dropped the belt so he wouldn't have to fight. If GGG were to make a concession, it would have to be on money. I just don't see GGG dropping his guns on "True middleweight real box fight match"

>People genuinely believing golden boy ever offered Golovkin money
Canela as usual just taking shit and he ran off so fast from that interview
De La Queer was right there when he got ccalled out for not wanting the fight yet and said nothing
>Golden Boy is going to be for the fans unlike other promoters, I'll make the big fightsright away
>Mayweather should fight Golovkin and make fights people want to see
Slimy piece of shit

Loeffler didn't deny it.

Also, apart from this Canelo-GGG situation, Golden Boy is undoubtedly the lesser evil of the main American promoters. They generally do match their fighters tougher than Arum and Haymon, and they seem more willing to work with other promoters.

We're pretty much in agreement, I'm just not sure that Canelo-GGG will do as many buys as Canelo-Cotto did and also I think that K2 and GGG should accept 25% if that's what it comes down to

GGG should never fight below 159 lbs or he'll be drained - but Loeffler himself claimed that Canelo was willing to face GGG at the middleweight limit and the only remaining issue was money

anyone else not bothered by GGG vs Ginger ninja?

it's like Tottenham vs Arsenal, sure these are two good teams, but they're no-where near the best.

Bob Arum is the worst promoter, he only want Top Rank fighters that have value losing to other Top Rank fighters

>Golovkin not the best middleweight

190kg does it again

I'd say he's the best at his job (i.e. making money) but the worst for the fans of the sport

Can't wait till he dies, Todd Deboef seems a little more reasonable

i was referring more to Canelo getting spanked by Mayweather but ok.

Regardless, who exactly has Golvokin beat? Oh some halfrate Canadian?

I'd say Haymon but then again aren't his fighters generally well paid for those PBC cards?

Their styles would mesh beautifully. The fight would be classy and violent as fuck

Ward, Rigondeaux and Crawford may be more skilled but they don't put on a show like GGG and Canelo

I think the best fight that could possibly be made would be Lomachenko vs. Gamboa

>I think the best fight that could possibly be made would be Lomachenko vs. Gamboa

Also: Gonzalez vs. Inoue, Kovalev vs. Stevenson and Wilder vs. Joshua

>not kovalev vs ward

pls let that happen omfg

Well if Saunders fights him like he's claimed he will have all the belts, if not Jacobs is his mandatory. One of those surely will be made since both Saunders and Jacobs have claimed they're ready for Golovkin

I have a feeling that Ward is going to win a wide decision. It'll be impressive but not that entertaining

>Well if Saunders fights him like he's claimed he will have all the belts,

>implying Saunders won't gypsy fight him and be tricky as fuck

They're well paid because he's been spunking all the investor money. I don't understand PBC, they should of turned it into a $10 a month subscription service instead he's buying expensive airtime on NBC, over paying fighters, minimal advertising. It looks good and there has been some good cards (and loads of lopsided ones) but it's not making any money

it's a hard one to judge really, 50/50 either.

IMO depends if Kovalev hits as hard as people really say he does and the evidence suggests so.

the way he BTFO of Cleverly was eye opening considering Cleverly is hard as nails.

>this Is what gennady goduckin fanboys actually think

t. spic
>believing anything that whiny euros r taking r jobs hasn't been relevant in years vacates belt like a faggot nigger

In boxing, everyone ducks everyone. GTFO with these bullshit 30-0, 40-0 undefeated records.

ward WILL win. it's surpising how many people think kovalev has even a remote chance of beating ward. delusion.

kovalev isn't that technically gifted so yes, everyone sleeps on golovkin's great technique but sadly kovalev will be chasing and struggling

Nah, they're styles won't mesh if GGG decides to do with Canelo what he did with Lemeiux, which everybody seems to forget and say GGG can't box.
I'm sure De La Hoya after seeing that fight was scared shitless and decided that it was better to vacate the belt.
Canelo doesn't have a chance in hell against GGG, anyone that thinks he does after going 9 rounds with Liam Smith, a bean pole that can't move and was just a sitting target bough into the Canelo hypejob, who's arguably lost multiple of his step up fights.
Mayweather, Lara, Trout, I think he lost those fights, then he had the cherry picks, Angulo who had nothing left, Kirkland weakest chin in the division who had not fought at all the previous year and had many problems outside the ring, Khan another weakest chin in boxing whose best weight was at 140, Cotto who was way smaller than him but had close fight where he couldn't even really hurt the guy he probably outweighed by 15-20 pounds, then Liam Smith the weakest and greenest of the title holders at 154.

youtube.com/watch?v=W7qANCptCRQ

GGG is going to make great use of the jab, he will think defense and move his head and feet when necessary, which he didn't do against Brook but did for Lemeiux because he respected his punching power, he will keep distance with the jab because Canelo can't do anything in a boxing match, he needs you to stand still or be against the ropes in order to have any success, Canelo doesn't know how to cut off the ring, he won't be able to hurt GGG but GGG will be able to hurt him.
This fight is a gauranteed win for GGG, anyone that can't see that doesn't really know the two fighters nor boxing.

Agreed 100% motherfuckers keep forgetting how he won the lemeiux fight

I think Ward is going to get knocked out, he's fought nothing but bums for years and still managed to get caught if it was Kovalev in any of those fights he would have been knocked out.
Second, he's fighting someone his own size instead of smaller guys so he's unlikely to just be able to wrestle Kovalev like he did the smaller guys he's fought before.
Kovalev cuts off the ring well and can move his feet, Ward has become very flat footed in his last few fights though so I don't even know if it matters with current Ward.
He's technically sound with nice straight punches and big power, Ward slaps many of his punches and won't have the power to dissuade Kovalev from punishing him.
Ward's only chance to win this fight is he fights dirty like he has in the past when facing a tough guy, clinching like crazy, headbutting intentionally, low blows, throwing elbows and those type of tactics, hopefully they'll have a good referee and not one that's paid off to look the other way for Ward and punish Kovalev if he retaliates.
Let me ask you how do you think Ward is going to get the win?

yes yes yes, gonna be able to watch the Crolla fight legally, nice

Anyone hype for Pac v Vargas?

I'm not. But I'll end up watching it anyway.

don't know if I should stay awake for that.. who do you think will win?

>Let me ask you how do you think Ward is going to get the win?

He's going to simply win the game of jabs, whip in a counter left hook whenever Kovalev overreaches and use lateral movement to never allow him to set his feet. It'll be one-sided, trust me

I reckon Pac. Vargas has shown little to no glimpses that he's ready to take a fighter the caliber of Pac, even if Pac is washed up and old.

Don't get me wrong, Vargas looked impressive against Bradley (very debatable) and Ali, but this is Pacquiao we're talking here. I just can't see Vargas taking on Pac and not lose badly/get his shit pushed in

So no, no need to stay awake unless you're a diehard Mannyfag and/or boxingfag

Pacquiao will decimate him but the undercard might be good

Donaire vs. Magdelano, Oscar Valdez first title defence and Robson Conceicao's pro debut

Hoping Gvozdyk and/or Kavaliauskas might be added to the bill too. Oh and maybe Conlan's debut too

And that was the best of that year

Kovalev has already basically admitted that Golovkin is better than him. Ward knew this.

But Kovalev has a good jab, I don't think Ward has a better one at all definitely not the stronger one, also Kovalev doesn't over commit unless the guy is already hurt, Kovalev is technically sound, he's not sloppy like that, he also can move well on his feet.
Have you even seen any Kovalev's fights?

I've been following him since he came to the UK to face Cleverly. His jab is good but it's not better than Ward's and thus he will immediately lose one of his most important weapons and be reduced to diving in with his lead right, which will be easily countered. Also, he definitely can be sloppy. He overreaches, crosses his feet and loses balance all the time.

Ward wins easily it will be much the same as the Ward vs Froch fight.

If you want to see How Ward will beats Kovalev watch this

Kovalev is better than Froch and 2016 Ward is not the same as the Super Six version

really hope Kova does it as it would be great for boxing but I think Ward will run clinch and spoil for a UD

why everyone hyping canelo when ward - golovkin would be an 100x better fight

(and ward would actually have a chance of knocking GGG out)

GGG wanted Ward to come down to 160 yet he was chasing Ward. See the pattern here? He wants everyone to move to his weight class even though he is chasing them. GGG has no where near the stardom(PPVs and HBO ratings prove it) to make any demands yet he he won't move up or down on weight classes even though on his own he couldn't even fill up a 10,000 seat stadium. Sounds like a bitch move 2bh.

What about the Crusher? He offered to meet GGG at 168 yet Genady punked out like a bitch

GGG = reddit's champ

weak b8 but I'll bite.

Why would GGG move up to face guys that are 200 lbs out of training while he cant even crack 180 on a cheat day? You know how silly Ward looks by calling out a smaller boxer, then call him a chicken?

>implying either Ward or Kovalev can get to 168
They can barely make 175.

Canelo meanwhile kills himself to make 154 and is 180+ come fight night, yet can't fight at 160. He even gave up the belt to duck the mandatory fight against GGG.

The only concession GGG should make is money; 50-50 purse split is ludicrous. Dropping/gaining in weight? Fuck that. Canelo won't face him at 160, and you got a LHW in Ward who wants to fight someone 25 lbs. lighter.

>having at least a 20+ pound advantage on your opponent
>not to mention height and reach advantage

Yeah, I'd say so.

Completely ignorant fanboy spotted.
GGG's team offered Ward 50/50 at 164 they did not respond and Ward's trainer himself said he would need at least a few more tuneup fights before he takes on a Golovkin or Kovalev.
Sometime later after GGG just finished signing a fight with Lemiuex, immediately once it happened Ward claims that they just sent GGG an offer of 168 50/50 to fight some time in the future, at this time Ward was fighting nothing but bums couldn't sell out his home town, while GGG vs Lemieux sold out Madison Square Garden, and GGG was going to win another belt and become the mandatory to the winner of Cotto vs Canelo a major money fight.
Do you understand what's happening here? A bullshit offer where GGG just gives Ward a big payday he didn't deserve, if anything it would be giving away millions if they had taken the offer seriously, no one in the sport of boxing would accept that deal.
That's why they offered such ridiculous terms knowing it was going to be dismissed because that was the intent.
Now just recently about the time that if GGG's team would have taken the offer they'd be fighting, Ward says that it's too difficult to make 168 and that even 175 isn't easy.
Which lends to the argument that Ward was never intending to make a fight with GGG but wanted attention by mentioning him because he was fighting nothing but bums at the time and no one gave two shits about him, the kind if it were anyone else their legacy's would have been ruined and treated as a joke.
Why do you think he loves to call out GGG and before that Mayweather? Much smaller guys? How come he never calls out anyone in his own weightclass or near it? He could make good money if he fought Degale or Cleverly UK fighters bring in big bucks, if you are willing to fight in their back yard that is.
Ward is nothing but talk, empty, cowardly talk.

on the other hand ward is featherfisted and ggg has a titanium skull

Boone dropped Ward on a body shot before and Ward's been hurt loads of times.

I feel like GGG could really take the fight to Ward if he gets enough body shots in. We know GGG can work the body, since he KO'd a lot of his opponents with body shots.

But that weight/height/reach disparity... and GGG's not getting any younger.

164 would've been a great fight. 168 would be doable. 175 is just crazy, at least at this point.

But if you're naturally bigger than your opponent, chances are your feather punches would hurt a fighter in a lower weight class, even if the bigger fighter miraculously got down in weight.

>no heavyweights
When I watch boxing, I only watch heavyweights.
I hope Jarrell Miller gets a mandatory soon, he's trying to get a big fight unlike that Andy Ruiz who is only starting to take a step up after 29 fights.

>When I watch boxing, I only watch heavyweights

why the hell would you do that

if you want to see big guys follow cruiserweight, since they can at least throw a combo without gassing

>why the hell would you do that
Because those B level heavyweights that gas after a combo would destroy any of the current cruiserweight champion

October 29th: Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko, Lineal Heavyweight Championship

November 26th: Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev, IBF Heavyweight Championship

It's Pac vs Mayweather.

Pac in his prime was faster than Floyd and could have taken the fight to him in a way that no one really could.

It's really no question.

current heavyweights are so poor skillwise they probably couldn't

Usyk would beat any heavy except Fury and maybe AJ

Plenty of Cruisers have moved up and had great success.

No he wouldn't, he's very promising and could potentially move up but if he was that good he'd be fighting at heavyweight now. He'd lose to David Haye another cruiser who moved up.

Lern2readindNcomprehension

And why would it be 50/50 when ward averaged/still averaged more in ratings than Genady? Plus ward was the pound for pound after Mayweathers retirement. In boxing money talks and Genady doesn't bring much to the table

>>>/Reddit/

So he ran by facing Crusher over golovkin

I will be so happy when GGG losses and his dick riders cry in agony

>Lern2readindNcomprehension
>Doesn't even understand their own argument/refute another
You fucking dimwit kek.

>And why would it be 50/50 when ward averaged/still averaged more in ratings than Genady?
You remember when Ward didn't fight for almost 2 years? I do. He was nowhere to be found when GGG began his ascendance in the MW division. 50/50 is a gift from GGG's camp when Ward was close to irrelevancy. And besides, Ward looks like a moron calling out a smaller fighter

Btw, the 50/50 purse split was referring to the potential GGG-Canelo fight. But that probably flew over your head also, you fucking dimwit. kek.

>Plus ward was the pound for pound after Mayweathers retirement.
Partially right, mostly wrong. Ward was 4th. Pac was #1 after Mayweather's retirement, and when he left, it's been either Chocolatito, Kovalev, GGG, Canelo, or Ward, at the top spot

>In boxing money talks and Genady doesn't bring much to the table
This is probably the only thing you're right on for the time being. Keep in mind GGG made $5M while fighting Kell Brook in England. More casuals are starting to hear his name and watch his highlights, and maybe he gets a bigger following down the road.

Maybe you should try harder in arguing, otherwise you're doing a great job at throwing more b8.

>He'd lose to David Haye another cruiser who moved up.

I highly doubt that

I didn't say he ran you idiot, but that he used the fake attempt at GGG to get his name in the headlines.
Besides Ward is fighting Kovalev because HBO is sick of getting fucked over and losing money on Ward's cowardly ass fighting bums and getting paid too much to do it and can't sell out any of his recent fights even in smaller venues, Ward is a known difficult fighter to work with, with diva bitch demands, who backs out of his own words all the time.
Ward is a cowardly bitch that if given the choice will fight nobodies but will still expect credit as if he had fought top guys, the guy has to meet lowest bar in boxing possible and still gets maximum credit for it, for example he hasn't fought a single top 20 fighter at LHW but gets a shot at the champ off the Brand fight, fucking handout to Ward.
After two years of putting it off he is finally fighting Kovalev and people act as if he is so courageous for doing it, fighting the champ of the division is what nearly ever other fucking fighter on the planet pursues at all times, ridiculously low expectations people have when it comes to this guy.
Another thing you might not know, Kovalev and GGG have sparred before and GGG got the better of it and even put Kovalev on his ass, Kovalev's trainer even confirmed this, Krusher himself even has praised GGG in the past, so Kovalev if anything is the easier fight for Ward.

>Pac hasn't thrown 1000+ punches per fight since 7-8 years ago

Sad.

>And why would it be 50/50 when ward averaged/still averaged more in ratings than Genady?
I dont keep up with this, but my guess is that this year Golovkin's popularity has surpassed Ward's. didnt his fight with Wade have 1.4million viewers while Ward's fight with Sullivan Barerra only have 1mil? at the time the offer was made , i'm sure youre correct

no one cares about ward except niggers, vacating belt pandered pussy

not to say u 2 feel this way, just making a fact.

>mention Calzaghe as a GOAT
>arseblown yanks:FUCK OFF SLAPSAGGY HE WAS SHIT
>threw well over a 1000+ punches a fight well into his late 30s
>???

Mayweather is all over the place now hugging Canela and talking about Golovkin, so is Ward and many other fighters. Mayweather saying Golovkin will never be a superstar
If Golovkin was black all this wouldn't be happening, they want him out
I hate all of you Dontaes

Boxers such at real fighting

>Boxers such at real fighting
>such

The average UFC fan everybody

Ward is one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world, it's pretty sad that some Americans need to turn everything into a race war, especially when he has a white dad.

why is andre ward so obsessed with GGG?

Ward himself turned into a race thing months ago when people wanted him to step up and fight better opposition on how black fighters are held to a higher standard when the opposite is true black American fighters have the easiest path to stardom and don't even need to be exciting to get a big name and praise.
While Mexicans, Eastern Europeans and Asians have to go through the gauntlet, through the meat grinder and be exciting to even hope to make a fraction of the money Americans do, Canelo is the exception and the personal pet project of hype and Golden Goose for Golden Boy.

He's the fan favorite. Came to america and almost immediately started selling out arenas. meanwhile Lil Andre still cant sell out in his hometown

Ward is probably looking at the hype Canelo and Golovkin are getting and thinking I'm just as good. But yeah he is whining as he hasn't been active.

Other fighters do this though when they think they aren't being paid enough, Fury whines that the British public don't give him enough credit and is mad more people care about Anthony Joshua when it comes down to Joshua being a more exciting fighter to watch and having a better promoter.

Caressing someone's cheek 1000 times is not that impressive

Max Kellerman really does explain it best why the fight hasnt happened

youtube.com/watch?v=jP8YHkag-qE

While Canelo had been carefully managed I wouldnt go say he's had to completely easy now either.

I'm one of the few who would pick Ward to son GGG, but he was basically going to be handed the number #1 p4p crown after Mayweather retired or slowed down but his promotional and injury issues have really staple this career.

As for Canelo and GGG.... All I can say is a few months ago I tried making boxing threads. I would get like .....6 maybe 7 replies before it got archived. Now we're talking about CaneloGGG on a Tuesday. Say what you want but Oscar and them boys are doing something right. A year form now the hype will be unbelievable, especially if they are fighting Mexican Independence day weekend.
Hopefully this injury doesn't stall Canelos move to 160.

And clearing 168 when Ward did was no cakewalk whatsoever.

T. Never boxed before

Not him but Ward never ever cleared his division, surprising how many people believe that

But he didn't clear 168, the Direll brothers were there, Ward vacated the belt when Anthony Dirrell was his mandatory by the way, so was Bute who was really trying hard to make a fight with him and then a little bit more recently Degale who's been talking smack about Ward but Ward seems very hush hush when it comes to Degale.
All versatile boxers that Ward has yet to face, he's fought plenty of brawlers but he hasn't fought a single skilled, smooth boxer, don't you think that's odd? It's not a coincidence in my opinion, he's trying to be like Floyd picking what type of opposition he matches up well with.
Barrera a Cuban boxer but a lower ranked guy, gave Ward trouble in spots in their fight, I can only imagine if that was Direll or Degale and how much more successful they would be against Ward.
If Ward wins this upcoming fight, I'll give credit where credit is due but Ward's legacy has yet to be established as anything great but if he loses against Kovalev he'll likely just be a guy that could have been but never was.

He's a coddled fagot with a history of duckiing who has casuals deluded into thinking he's the best. He'll beat Kovalev because he's not good technically and everyone will continue with the farce

and the blind fanboys will continue with "WARD TOOK HIS ASS TO SCHOOL"

seriously if you're going to follow a great black boxer, why not follow Terrence Crawford

MEXICANS BTFO

imagine if Canelo one day decided to leave Golden Boy, that shit would sink quick. De La Hoya really needs to put more focus on more boxers. just look at Bob Aurm, he has Pacquiao but he's also been building Crawford, Lomachenko, Ramirez and just signed Olympic Medalists

Genady had never surpassed a million on a regular HBO programming slot and has less 200k buys fora paper view,i think the number was 140k, embarrassing and shameful.

Anyyone who thinks GGG should get more than 40% vs Ward or 15% vs Canelo is delusional. Sure he is exciting, but casuals won't pay a cent on a Slav. Hate it or love it Canelo is the biggest star in boxing followed by Ward with GGG being a distant 8th or ninth(going by viewership and PPVs) which really is a factor to judge

God damn casuals and their dick riding

How is he the fan favorite if he is not even in to top 10 of popularity in boxing?

>not even you want it

Bitch please you probably marathon UFC to watch two dudes trib for half an hour

Ward is not even a star, isn't the Kovalev fight his first pay per view and he can't even sell out moderately sized arenas in his own backyard unless he's fighting a guy like Froch.
If Ward and GGG were to fight right now it should be a 70/30 split favoring GGG.
If Ward wins against Kovalev and then wants to fight GGG that is a 50/50 split.
Canelo's biggest ppv buys were against Cotto and Mayweather, the Cotto ppv didn't sell as much as people expected, 900k when it should have cleared at least a million easy and that's with two stars.
PPV is not doing that well right now Khan vs Canelo was supposed to do a million but sold 460k and that's with a British star.
Canelo without a big name seems to average more along the 300k mark so don't believe the bullshit and the best way to build your won PPV numbers is to fight big stars like Mayweather and Cotto which Canelo got to do.
Lemeiux vs GGG sold 150k, all things considered given the fact that GGG is not an easy person to promote being from Kazakhstan, was his first PPV and yet to go against an established PPV star that's pretty damn good in this climate.
There are certain fights like GGG vs Canelo that would benefit both fighters immensely, fights that draw major attention specifically because of the opposition that is being faced just like this fight, Canelo is not making bigger money anywhere else, if he wants another huge payday he needs GGG.
Whereas GGG could end up against Degale and maybe coax Froch out of retirement for a huge fight, so if De La Hoya wants to low ball GGG fine, Canelo has no one else to make big money with and it's only a matter of time before he loses because Anrade is now his mandatory challenger, L M A O.

bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/12/11666248/report-canelo-vs-khan-does-approximately-460000-buys-boxing-news
boxingnewsresults.com/2016/09/canelo-inherits-new-problem-demetrius-andrade/

Thanks I miss wiziwig

This is why boxing is ruined rather than men wanting to find out if they're really as good they think they are they Jew out and milk the masses for all they can

You serious?

He's had a few go 1mil plus

Boy I can't wait for Ward to get put to sleep. You TMT fuccbois better not run away come fight night.

>The only reason we're still waiting is because of money
>this is what numale boxing "fans" actually believe

That's literally not it at all. If you knew anything about Golden Boy and what occured with the lawsuit, you would know exactly why Canelo, their flagship fighter, fighting GGG is bad.

Even without the lawsuit and aftermath, it would be against their best interest to fight GGG until atleast one more year, I 'd bank on that fight not happening for what's left of this year and all of next year. Canelo is a future great prospect, already a top tier fighter, and he's still young, why risk his career?

kek

CHI

It's one fight, there have been lots of good fights this year (been listed in the thread) and there are lots of good fights to come starting this Saturday with Crolla vs Linares. Boxing isn't ruined, it's alive and well and I would bet Canelo vs GGG happens next September

Jarrel Miller is possibly the slowest heavyweight of all time.

Boxing isn't dead but it isn't exactly at its most popular right now post Mayweather & Pacquiao era. The most popular fighter boxing has is Canelo, and he's been fighting washed up fighters for his last 4 fights.

There are a lot of good fighters but they haven't exactly captured the hearts/ire of the fans like the fighters did 5-10 years ago, with maybe the exception of Ward, GGG, and Kovalev.

Boxing is still going strong, but the dip in popularity is pretty noticeable after the Mayweather - Pacquiao era. There's bound to be a resurgence however, so I'm excited for that.

The Roy Jones era was the most exciting in my opinion. But he was kinda protected like canelo for a while, wasn't he?

>The Roy Jones era was the most exciting in my opinion.

I'll try to counter argue, but it might be in vain.

Pacquiao's rise coupled with the top Mexican fighters made for very exciting bouts. Add Mayweather and his bout with De La Hoya and the the whole world began to pay attention to Pac and May.

A lot of good fighters in that era had solid fanbases as well; Morales, JMM, Barrera, Hatton, Cotto, Margherito etc. It was a pretty good time to be a fan of boxing a couple of years ago

Jones highlighted what was a very exciting time for boxing. There were many fighters than fans got behind in De La Hoya, Whitaker, Mayorga, Hopkins, Holyfield, Tyson, (I'm missing plenty others). But I found that there were more good fights in the 2000's than the 90's

>But he was kinda protected like canelo for a while, wasn't he?

More like there was little to no competition in his weight class in that era, even with plenty of good fighters.

After Jones cleaned out the MW and Super MW divisions, along with beating James Toney and Bernard Hopkins, he went LHW and ended his prime years there. Then he got trashed in the HW division against Tarver because let's face it, Jones was just too small and too old.

It's just a shame that he refuses to retire.

Gennady Golovkin's situation is pretty good at the moment. He had plenty of opponents to choose from now. My hope is that he unifies the titles just to piss off bhop. In interviews he makes it seem like he doesn't want Golovkin's to beat his record for defenses

woah

I would say boxing is better now than it has been in a long time it's just not as American centric. In 2010 there was:

Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito
Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Shane Mosley
Juan Manuel Lopez vs Rafael Marquez
Carl Froch vs Arthur Abraham
David Haye vs Audley Harrison
Vitali Klitschko vs Albert Sosnowski
Wladimir Klitschko vs Eddie Chambers
Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins
Amir Khan vs Marcos Rene Maidana

This year has been good as that and there's 4 or 5 big fights to come and the heavyweight division is coming back.

Roy never fought Tarver at HW. He had 16 fights at LHW before getting trashed by Tarver.

seems he doens't want lara or jacobs.

No one wants Lara and no one will want Monroe after his last performance it's the same for Rigondeaux and it will be the same for Crawford.

so how can anyone complain that canelo is ducking GGG when golovkin won't fight lara?

Lara has to step up to 160 lbs first, why would Golovkin want to go down in weight to fight a no drawing Cuban?

If Crawford steps up to 147 lbs he will get fights because some will think they can over power him and Pacquiao fight might get made as they're both with Top Rank

we waited for Mayweather-Paquiao and it fucking sucked because they were past their prime, HURRY THE FUCK UP THE REAL HYPE FIGHT IS NOW

Tyrone Spong vs Derek Del Boy Chisora who wins?

>mayweather past his prime
this isn't even possible my friend

He seems to be ready to fight his mandatory, unless I missed any news on that

Lara should not even be in the conversation. If ggg fights any lighter guys they'll just be dismissed as money fights. Also he looked terrible his last fight

Because Lara is not in the same weight class, doesn't have anything GGG wants, sells poorly and has never actually made an offer to team GGG.
First of all learn what ducking actually is and second, no one that knows boxing thinks Lara has a chance against GGG, just look at what happened with Will Monroe that's what a GGG vs Lara fight would be.
Jacobs and GGG are mandated to fight next to unify the WBA, although Gennady already has the legitimate belt really, nothing has come out yet that indicates that it's not happening.
After this it should be Saunders and I hope he becomes unified and beats Hopkins record because he's being a little bitter the closer GGG is getting to his record.

>Tyrone Spong
who

All of this

Why isn't he fighting Saunders?
Saunders said he'd fight him on Golovkin's next available date and I'd rather see him win all the belts and then take on Jacobs

Jacobs is his mandatory defense for the wba. Either defend it or get the belt stripped

well his hands were shit. the speed and defense was still there, but that was it

I know that but Canela got around fighting Golovkin to fight Cotto with the help of that fat Mexican fuck Sulaiman, they should convince the WBA president for a tune up fight before Jacobs

other way around, isnt it? Cotto got around to fight Canelo. But he also had to pay Gennady step aside money, i believe it was like 1 million dollars

Fuck you're right, no way Gennady pays him that much. Maybe allure of a bigger payday if he has all the belts will sway Jacobs and the WBA

>GGG v. Jacobs might happen on December 10th

So Jacobs isn't looking for $5M+ anymore?

It'll be on regular HBO, not PPV.

> “If the fight isn’t made, it’s not going to be our side, I’ll tell you that. Danny isn’t going to fight for shekels; he’s been making a pretty good living and if he’s going to fight a significant bout like this on HBO, he wants to be paid for it, but he clearly wants this fight.”

I'm excited for this fight. then again, Jacobs doesnt have the best chin, so im expecting GGG to take advantage

Neither is a lesser boxer who happens to be Mexican so of course no PPV

>“I made a formal counterproposal to Golden Boy which would guarantee Canelo not only the A-side billing in the marketing of the fight but from a financial standpoint, it would be clearly his biggest purse possible for any fight out there,” Loeffler said. “Naturally, it would also be Gennady’s biggest but I think this offer was skewed the wrong way. It was pushed as so big to Gennady, but you have to remember, at the same time, it would be Canelo’s biggest also.”

>Loeffler said he was willing to concede many points. He’s not interested in battling over venue or things such as who walks out first and who is introduced last.

The supposed experts said Canelo was supposed to lose to Smith. Now after the fight it's a completely different story.

Lol I forgot about chisora

hahahaha , what experts? from what i saw, it was pretty much guaranteed Canelo would win.

I really want to be a fan of Canelo but its just the shit that goes on outside the ring, and his most recent fights he chose to make that really annoy me

No one thought he was supposed to lose the fight the HBO crew called the fight a showcase for Canelo right before the fight started, no one aboslutley no one thought Smith was going to win, some hoped he would win because of Canelo's bullshit but no, no one thought that, you just made that up.
Smith was specifically brought in to lose, his inexperience, his style, his size, it was all in Canelo's favor and why they went for that belt, they cherrypicked the easiest belt to get.
They had a choice between Lara, Jermall Charlo, Jarmall Charlo and Liam Smith.
Wouldn't it have been a good statement if he had a rematch with Lara and decisively win this time? To prove how much of a man he is and that he's the best fighter right now as Canelo claims? Nope.
Canelo and his team don't even think he's the best fighter at 154 nor 160, despite what they say, the walking on eggshells and cherrypicking says plenty, actions speak louder than words.
Now Demetrius Andrade, who many think is the best 154 pounder is his mandatory, watch them vacate another belt or pay step aside money again, you just wait.

What kinda """expert""" said Smith would lose? Hope they had a few thousand on Smith. The betting odds were lopsided as fuck.

Yep. Won bronze and silvers. Like the other guy said train more before fighting...I waited a year before my first fight. It's the hardest sport in the world cardio wise

>tfw hbo is pretty much confirmed to stop showing boxing
>tfw no qt roy jones, jim lampley and max kellerman commentary

>HBO's boxing budget has been going down for the last decade
>Pacquiao recently dropped

Guessed they'll just be down to half a dozen fighters next year. GGG, Kovalev, Ward, Canelo, etc.

They need to get Loma on deck too. future superstar

I like Loma. He literally does NOT give a fucking shit about how much he gets paid.

He doesn't duck and he'd fight literally anyone.

>Walters say he doesn't want to fight Loma because not enough money
>Loma offers him half his purse
>"uhh... no thanks"

I'd love to see him fight Salido for the rematch.

>I'd love to see him fight Salido for the rematch but this time with a competent referee
FTFY

Salido is always lowblowing and headbutting, just does a good job of making it seem accidental

>Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito
One of the worst beat ups I've seen. How was this alllowed to finish?

THE REAL QUESTION IS: Who on god's green Earth can give Terence Crawford a test?

Wasn't marge using loaded wraps in that fight too? How was Pacquiao so strong?

Marge's eye was never the same after that fight.

That was an earlier fight, I believe. And Pac was just a monster then. It's too bad he didn't get to fight Mayweather in his prime.

>Terence Crawford

Lomachenko is the name & the fight of our generation.

I legit pick 'em on this one.

It still hurts to think about it

I don't watch much boxing. I know that Money has godlike defense would GGG have any shot against him?

The best thing about this fight. They are both young enough to not play it off.

At 135?

If Loma moves up to 140, that'd be his 4th weight division.

And Crawford rehydrates like fuck.

Cunt. Money would get wrecked by Winky & he ducked hilariously. GGG too big.

SRR would have found him & made headlines.

It's going to happen.

Twenty years from now, but still.

The point being. Maybe GGG loses to Canelo on Golden Boy terms & he knows it.

Mayweather has no chance against GGG, he doesn't have the power to keep him off him, GGG has a great powerful jab which Mayweather is weak to, hell Maidana had good success with the jab against Mayweather in their first fight and GGG can cut off the ring like nobody else.
Also for once he wouldn't be fighting a smaller guy, Mayweather's second half of his career is full of guys smaller than him either in weight or in size, Canelo is the only exception who was heavier than him when they fought.

>Mayweather = 5'8"
>Canelo = 5'9"

lol

Gayweather has a freak reach.

Now that Ruiz pulled out, who should Hughie Fury fight?

Want to see Crawford ruin Danny Garcia's undefeated streak

the jab is mayweathers weakness

Ruiz needs to cut weight and fight at light heavyweight or cruiserweight

What's the longest a boxing thread has lasted?

Manny vs floyd but also anything to do with Canelo and GGG

Also GGG needs to take 10 mill and just sign the contract. He ain't no body. GGG didn't want to move up to 168 for a super fight(at the time) with Ward. He doesn't want to go down to 154 for canelo. Now he doesn't want 10 mil.

So much for I'll fight 154 to 168.

His marketing team is damn good at making him look like the good guy. Floyd called him out yesterday.

Has there ever been a more overrated boxer in Lomachenko? I can't think of one

How the fuck is Lomachenko overrated?

Tom Schwarz, Jarrell Miller or Izuagbe Ugonoh

I wouldn't take the fight being the actual champ knowing the cross dressing beaner dlh will be making six times the amount, saunders jacobs etc fuck it
fucking spics

Loeffler already sent a counter. Said Golovkin is willing to give up any negotiationson the venue and stuff like that, as long as he's fairly paid. Anyone who thinks 10 million is fair for this particular fight isn't thinking right. So what if it's Gennadys biggest pay day, it'll also be Canelo's even if it was 50/50, which it won't

Floyd needs to just shut up and count his own money. Of course he's gonna be on the Star's side

>so what if its gennadys biggest payday
GGG aint the A side tho. He aint a ppv draw. He needs to take deal and sign the contract like the fighters before him did. Canelo did it with Floyd and cotto. GGG always gets a pass for everything i guess there's a certain bias for him.

Mayweather will fight GGG before Canelo does. Book it for May 2017, it's gonna happen

How many PPV buys do you think it would get?

Bearing in mind that Cotto has a better ratings record than GGG and his fight with Canelo only sold 700k-900k

GGG gets a free pass because he's the top MW in his division. As far as I'm concerned, he should be compensated fairly, either 65/35 or 60/40 (GGG on B side)

Canelo does not even declare himself a MW, but a Jr. MW. If you think about it, it's pretty silly that a fighter who's never fought at MW can suddenly become the A side against the lineal MW champion. But it is what it is; money talks,

But don't think GGG deserves only $10M because of his one poor PPV and supposed little popularity. All boxing fans know his name and a lot of them like to watch GGG fight.

He'll have to KO him because there's a good chance he'll get robbed.

Yup, I'm pretty sure he can do it too.

Signing a contract a year ahead of time is stupid as hell no smart businessman would sign it.
You probably bought into the bullshit when Mayweather offered Pacquiao 40 million right, but then ended up making 150 million because he turned down the bullshit offer, only a fool would accept that kind of offer so far ahead of time and for so little when all signs point to it being a huge fight.
It's not about how much you have maid before but how much the fight itself will make and GGG is going to be the biggest fight Canelo can make right now short of a Mayweather rematch there is no other big payday for Canelo and it's only a matter of time before he loses again.
Wasn't it his trainer Sanchez that said that 154-168 thing? I know his promoter has said that 154 to 168 are possible for money fights, Ward can't make 168 anymore he said so himself.

Canelo still made a large amount given how little he had done and accomplished when he fought Mayweather, Cotto is difficult to work with but still got a 25-75 split given the fact that he was the one with the belts.
GGG is just short of unifying all the belts if he does it'll be the first time in a long time someone did that, so he has all the belts while Canelo only has one at JrMW don't know if he still has the lineal but he'll probably be stripped of it soon, GGG is also recognized as the king at 160 and recognized as a P4P fighter with all the buzz around him.
If you want someone that always gets a pass that's Ward the guy that ends up on P4P lists despite fighting 30th and 40th ranked guys and hasn't fought a top guy in years but still gets credit as if he had, that's the kind of thing that would ruin other people's careers and make them into laughing stocks.
Look what happened to Danny Garcia after the Salka fight, people started turning on him but Ward is still, five years after he fought good opposition is still the real deal somehow.

Oscar is fucking up Canelo's legacy. Win or lose, this is a fight for the history books

>COTTO - CANELO = 900K PPV
>CANELO - KHAN = 450K PPV
>CANELO - SMITH = 300K PPV

IT'S OVER!

300k for Smith is good senpai.

Yeah, it basically mean 300k retards will buy PPV featuring Canelo no matter who the fuck he's facing.

That's almost $20M in PPV revenue, no matter who he fights. Twice a year.

Would've been better if the numbers were lower, so he's forced to face GGG.

>300k damn Mexicans spending their gardening money on canela
smdh

Naw famm ydksab Lomachencko does some shit that not others can do.

Between Lomachencko and Usyk idk who is more talented. Both have made history already, both have gold and both are in divisions with nothing but chins and hitters.

the thing is even if Canelo loses in a war he'd gain a ton of respect and people would want a rematch

Oscar of all people should know this

who's the best fighter golovkin has faced? lemieux?

Toughest - Murray
Most Dangerous - Lemieux
Most Skilled - Brook

>Between Lomachencko and Usyk idk who is more talented

Loma. He is the prototype; his father, who also made Usyk into what he is, has been moulding Loma into the perfect boxer since he could first walk

Where did you get the Smith v Canelo numbers? I've been looking for them and haven't found and GoldenBoy is reluctant to release actual numbers because they all appear to be underperforming this past year so people have to dig to find them.
If Canelo's numbers keep dropping and dropping this gives GGG's team better negotiating power, I wonder if that's why De La Hoya is reluctant to release actual numbers and instead give vague misleading estimates that seem to round up by a shitload.
Like the Khan Canelo fight they said shy of 600k but all real numbers seems to point to 350-460k.

twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/779022002388504576

twitter.com/latimespugmire/status/779030613353304064

Update: Canelo - Smith might actually be 250k, and NOT 300k PPV buys.

HAHAHAHAHA

You know what that is? That's a star

>Most Skilled - Brook
>A 147 fighter
TOP KEK

No, it just means you have to go back

>GGG I want big fights great for boxing
>I'll fight anybody 154 to 168
>Move up and face ward
>Yes catch weight
>GGG Ward didn't want it
>GGG I want canelo
>No he has to come up 160 to fight me
>A 154 who has never fought at 160
>Canelo 160 it is
>GGG gets a career payday
>No I want more money
This fucking guy. Is see he going to stay at 160 all his life?

There would be an immediate rematch no matter who wins, which would probably be a bigger success, just like holyfield vs Tyson

Willie Monroe Jr

You realize that at the time Canelo was A middleweight champion, claiming he wasn't a middleweight?

And Ward, wanting to fight Golovkin for a 50/50 contract, when he can't even sell out in his own city?

Correct but why fight ward at a catch weight? Looks to me GGG is the diva.

Canelo moves up Ward moves down. This fucking guy is a fraud.

Canelo probably wants the fight, but Oscar doesn't..
I'd favour Golovkin in that fight. David Lemieux would also beat Canelo imo.

He really wouldn't Canelo has showed no signs of a weak chin but Lemieux has been knocked on his backside often.

Don't rag on Brook dude, he's in many people's opinions the best 147 pounder, guys like Thurman and Mayweather wanted nothing to do with him, who has fought at 154 before but was able to cut weight like crazy.
I expect him to do great things at 154, if he can get the big fights that is and other guys won't avoid him.
GGG wanted the fight then, 164 50/50 was a fair offer, Ward's team could have come up with a counter offer but nothing from them.
They were asked if they were ready to fight then and there GGG said yes, Ward said no but some time later they said 168 50/50 a year from then, same pussy bullshit Oscar's pulling right now and you bought like a fool.
He never said Canelo has to fight at 160 but that if it's a middleweight fight it should be fought under middleweight rules and none of that pussy shit Canelo wants to do where he brings up smaller guys to a weight that doesn't suit them or wants to drain 160 pounders to make them weak. Pussy shit, Canelo is a pussy with no faith in himself.
Canelo was the lineal and WBC title holder at MW, all GGG's team tried to do was that Canelo's punk ass should follow the rules of the sport instead of trying to be diva bitch that want's special treatment that goes against the rules.
You're an idiot if you think he should accept 10 million for that fight, thank god you're not in business because you would be the worst financial manager that would lose their clients rightful money.
As for the 160 thing, what's wrong with that? It's something that is rarely done and something that most fighters are incapable of doing, it's easier to pick and choose belts from weak titlists given how many belts there are in muliple divisions than it is to clear out a division and become unified undisputed champion beating all threats, after which they said they would move up to 168, time will tell.
You think that you have to move up in weight to prove you are great tells me that you are a fool that buys propaganda.

Canelo gets hit a lot though. Granted, his last 2 opponents haven't had the power to hurt him, but if Lemieux lands on him he will be in trouble.

>“When he fought me he came into the ring at 187lbs. I was only 158lbs. Canelo says he isn’t the same weight as Golovkin, but what is he talking about! He’s almost as big as a light heavyweight,” said Khan

Canelo re-hydrates to over 180 fucking pounds and refuses to fight GGG, who rehydrates to 168-170, because he says he isnt big enough.

Which is why Canela has avoided fighting Lemieux

And Lemieux would be in serious trouble if Canelo hits him. Watch the GGG fight and watch Rubio fight it's obvious he could not cope with Canelo

Canelo would be a Championship fight, what about Ward? that would be a regular fight, mostly for bragging rights.

Golovkin would be the A Side at that time, right now they're around the same level

and he's only 26, imagine how big he'll be in his 30s

anyone here actually do boxing?

Nah, you overestimate Canelo's power and underestimate Lemieux's chin.
Lemieux was able to take shots from Golovkin and was stopped by the referee not because he was KOed, Canelo went 12 rounds with Cotto a guy that was much smaller than him, never once dropped him and is not known for having an iron chin.
There's a reason why they stopped revealing Canelo's fight night weigh in years ago. The guy is huge for 154, fighting guys he outweighs by considerable margins one can only wonder how good he really is once he finally steps in to the ring with a guy his own weight.

Max Kellerman got a lot of respect from me for shitting on De La Hoya with him in the ring, Oscar's just there smiling like a bitch

>tfw reachlet
J
U
S
T

who

yep, 6'6" superheavyweight here

after watching both fights this week, GGG is way in over his head...its laughable anyone thinks he can KO Canelo...GGG didn't even KO Brooke, he was literally letting GGG punch him and GGG couldn't do shit. haha

hey there oscar

>Mayweather has a reach that is as long if not longer than 175lb fighters
>he used to fight at 126lb

Canela doesn't even want to fight Andrade, he's going to vacate his title again like a ginger pussy and move up while still ducking Golovkin
I'm going to laugh when he finds a reason to not fight Andrade

>this level of delusion

learn how to get inside and work the body like Hatton

So what if he does fight Andrade and wins? Are people still going to say he fought a smaller fight? Canelo hasn't prized himself out in any fight he has fought.

He ducked Andrade in the past when he was the WBO 154 champ, got stripped due to inactivity and that tin can Smith became the champ which made Canela suddenly want that title and now Andrade is his mandatory
I'd be surprised if he doesn't vacate under the guise he's moving up to 160 just so he can not fight Golovkin, probably look to fight BJS before Golovkin does

not arsed about the Jacobs fight, he's already shown he can't handle slav slickness

what I'd really want its GGG to pummel Saunders' face in at the O2 in front of thousands of crying gypsies

Canelo is a boring fuck like Juan Manuel Marquez. JMM needed an aggressive fighter like Pacquiao and Baby Bull Diaz to prove his worth. I don't think its an easy fight GGG but, by refusing to even take the fight Canelo denies himself that chance at greatness. At the moment he's just seen as a hype job by anyone that isn't a Mexican or chicano mark.

>refusing to even take the fight
He hasn't there negotiating

Pac really made him a Mexican legend

JMM was always exciting you bum.

marquez exposed pac

At least Mexico actually has other legends. Can you name any other famous filipino besides Pac?

>100 million population
>1 person of note

>he doesn't rate Nonito Donaire

over rated can crusher

pac fought incautious because of the bradley 8-4 fight. it needed corrupt us judges since they couldnt beat pac sportswise. jmm has to thank crooked US judges that he had the worst version pac in front of him in their 4th fight. pac whoops jmm ass 9 out of 10 times since he is the better fighter. that is why there is no 5th fight. jmm is a coward.

jmm improved his performance with each new fight. jmm got better, pac got worse each time and KTFO.

nah, he was getting killed in the last fight until pac jumped in face first like a retard and got put to sleep

>he was winning until he wasnt

Andrade is a easy win for Canelo why would he duck him?

>with each fight jmm got better
>not true for the last fight

This.

Fight 1. jmm barely makes it out of round one, suffering 3 knock downs.
Fight 2. JMM goes down once
Fight 3. JMM barely gets hit. outclassing pac with superior skills.
Fight 4. jmm wins by KO.
Sorry but jmm got better each time. jmm > pac and that can never change.

very true.

This

Didn't Andrade get knockdown by some bum?

I wouldn't say easy, not a difficult opponent either though. Oscar only wants Canelo to go thru easy opponents these days. The Mexican fans are still there so he doesn't care. Still the Smith ppv numbers are a bad look for golden boy

youtube.com/channel/UCEvnk5m_Zs-RpCc2YbFDewA

This channel is awesome. Shame he doesnt seem to be active anymore.

Anyone know any others like this?

LeeWylie?

And he was robbed from the 3rd fight

Flash Elorde and Pancho Villa

Who wins the fight if in their primes?

Prince Naseem v Manny Pacquiao
Roy Jones v Andre Ward
Fury v Iron Mike
GGG v James Toney
Canelo v Bernard Hopkins

>Prince Naseem v Manny Pacquiao
Pacquiao - love Naz but he was a bit of a can crusher
>Roy Jones v Andre Ward
RJJ, because he's fucking RJJ
>Fury v Iron Mike
Tyson - tempted to say Fury because of the size advantage and the fact that Mike really couldn't deal with guys who weren't intimidated by him, but I'm still not convinced Fury is good enough to hang with the greats. Would be a GOAT press conference though.
>GGG v James Toney
GGG - big believer in Golovkin and think from the eye test he's an ATG. If anyone can slip his jab and counterpunch him it's Toney but what is prime Toney? Guy was inconsistent as fuck
>Canelo v Bernard Hopkins
B-Hop - too skilled, too mean, too dirty. Canelo really wouldn't like getting roughed up like that

Be honest, to any of the oldfags here, were you happy when Iron Mike finally got knocked out?

ANTHONY MILLION DOLLAR CROLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>KLITSCHKO - FURY II CANCELLED

KEK

THIS FUCKING FAT GYPO

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT

Was a fan of him, but that was too much, fuck Fury
Hope he loses most of his fans. I wouldn't care if there wasn't all the hate from him against Haye for getting fuckin injured, but this...

Also: new thread!!

Should he relinquish the belt then for delaying a title defense? (If this is even a title fight)

If he's not fully healed then good, no reason giving that boring slav an easy fight

pancho villa.

It's been a year since the last fight.

First it was scheduled for July, then it was pushed to November.

Now it might be cancelled for good.

I can't wait for Kovalev - Ward to be cancelled.

Ward shoulder sprain? knees?

That's what I'm thinking. Ward's gonna pussy out

Kovalev isn't as technically sound as GGG so I think ward wins

>

pac wins by KO.
RJ runs and pot shots enough to get a clear win.
Tyson by 1st round KO.
Tony by brutal outclassing late round KO.
Hopkins by easy points win.

lol @ ggg beating prime toney
youtube.com/watch?v=K8PX8O7mHIE

NEW THREAD