Wayne Rooney: overrated player or most overrated player?

Wayne Rooney: overrated player or most overrated player?

Literally who?

his game yesterday was hilarious

The thing is, the weird deference to him despite mediocre form would almost be understandable if he was ever truly great (C. Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Henry, Ronaldo etc) but he never was. You've got this odd situation where someone who was never that good has slowly been allowed to become a complete fucking liability in both club and international football.

implying rooney isint the most average of the "top" players in the world

Rppney has been dead ever since Moyes came along. I have no idea why Manure are insistent in paying him Cronaldo/Messi tier wages to be a fucking liability in every game he starts.

he was great from 2003-2011

Is he even rated anymore? Even on big big Man U forum they all hate him (they all still respect how good he used to be they just want him gone now that he's washed up)

He's become the Gerrard of United, will stay there being shit and stealing millions from the club until his contract runs out

he's always lacked finesse so once his physical attributes start diminishing he can't compensate with technical ability. If someone told me he was drunk during yesterday's game I would believe him

I'm actually surprised he lasted this long, he has been playing regular premier league football since the age of 16 and doesn't take care of his body, smokes and drinks a lot

He was good, but he was never good enough to justify the carte blanche role he has been given by club and country over the last few years.

He was the best English player during that time, maybe that isn't saying much but that's how it was

Gerrard was never that bad

he was pretty gash in his latter years as a holding midfielder, couldn't break up play or protect the back four properly, even Lucas and Henderson were better

Gerrard and Lampard were also pretty good in their time.

>who is Lampard

Fuck off

overplayed rater

>rating Lampoo

I miss making fun of fat frank.

>le lots of penalties makes him world class man
Kys guv'nor

deflectpard was never the best english player at any time ever

>english press
>not overrating any player
>ever

you guys produce good footballers, it's a shame you have to ruin them yourselves.

rooney isn't even the most overrated player in united's midfield

are you talking about lampard or rppney?

he was actually elite for moyes and the only manure player other than de gay to have a decent season. without rooney and de gay moyes probably would have got manure relegated, cementing his place as the greatest meme to walk the earth

that's actually true

>you guys produce good footballers

I think you meant >you guys overpay for good footballers

This is a meme

Playing 30 games a year from 17 never did Giggs or Barry any harn

This man knows what's up

Yes.

Pic related..

Has literally scored more goals than pogba this season

Rooney just seems to have lost fundamental skills. He is only 30, and age shouldn't prevent your ability to make decent passes. Gerrard/Lampard could do that way past 30. Just got lazy and regressed rather than developed.

As long as he is in the English NT English fans will suffer.