How did Cred Forums get into football? For me...

How did Cred Forums get into football? For me, it started with my dad buying me a copy of Madden 2000 so we could do something together.

I don't have a specific memory of getting into it.

I was born in 93 and remember playing NFL QB Club 98 on PC and playing Madden's occasionally in the early to mid 2000's on top of going to the occasional Lions game with my dad. I also remember watching the Rams/Pats super bowl at a watch party with my dad and cousin and for some reason REALLY wanting the Rams to win. I also remember liking the Titans for some reason and my dad even taking me to a Titans game in Nashville in '03. I was also a waterboy for the local high school powerhouse team that my uncle was the Defensive Coordinator on.

But up until 2007 I didn't really watch much, if any football on TV unless I was somewhere with it on and didn't really follow or care. I remember 2007 because the Lions started 6-2 and I had actually started watching weekly and have since been to at least 1 Lions game a year. They promptly shit the bed that year, giving me my introduction to Lions football and I did my best to follow all the 2008 and 2009 games even though they were mostly blacked out. Just kinda became a diehard ever since.

same except it was madden 96, for some reason I was always the buccs and my dad would always whoop me with the vikings. I'd never cry about losing, but he'd always just laugh and say "better practice more", whenever he beat me

Funny. We're Patriots fans, and it was kind of amazing seeing a decent team suddenly go elite with B&B. My dad never taught how to change the oil on my car or use a table saw, but we watched football together, and that was nice.

I remember my uncle buying that game when I was only 8 and never heard of american football.

Needless to say, I was unable to play since i didn't know how american football worked and I vowed myself to never touch it anymore.

I know my uncle meant well, but what the hell did he thought when I saw that vidya and thought YES THIS IS GOOD FOR MY GOODFORNOTHING NEPHEW

Raiders vs Pats, tuck rule game. It was the first game I ever watched. My dad and uncle being raiders fans, I followed suit

I didn't know anything about it either, and had even played soccer up to that point. Learning playing with my dad is one of my most cherished memories.

Born into it. My whole family played the game. We're all big >jest fans too

lucky you, around that time my dad and mom were getting divorced. definetely not some good memories

Fucking no fault divorce

Late 80's when I was old enough to understand sports and play Tecmo Bowl.

Yes I'm old. Yes I should probably get off Cred Forums. Yes it's pathetic I have to entertain the opinions of people on here who have only been into sports for less than a decade.

don't worry m8 i'm on a coffee-powered studying streak and any story can get me interested

>be me in 1997, 6 years old
>Dallas had just won three super bowls
>my entire family (aunts, uncles sisters, brothers, etc) was a Cowboys fan
>had no choice but to learn about the sport of football
>fast forward to 2005
>barely becoming a Texas Longhorn fan
>Seeing Texas win every game despite the point difference was magical
>watch them come back to win their 2005 national title
Been a Cowboy and Longhorns fan ever since.

Born in dallas and a third generation cowboys fan. Born in 90. team has mostly been shit most of my life. i only remember the 96 superbowl when i was 5

I was born and raised in Nebraska during the 90s.

Watching Nebraska completely assblast Florida in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl in the most lopsided natty ever probably did it.

All my family played football and a few of my cousins were All-State. I started playing at 7 and played until I broke my leg in 10th grade. I guess Footballs always been in my blood or something. I grew up a Michigan and MSU fan because my Dad's side was UofM and my Moms was MSU as alot of them attended there as well. I have a 6 year old nephew who currently had taken an interest im football. So I plan on taking him to a Michigan game soon. Also diehard loins fan here.

We are close to the same age (I'm guessing) and yet I can't stop coming here either.

texans fan here.

grew up playing football and was doopin mental about Barry Sanders.

didn't start really backing a team until the oilers left and i realized i didn't like not having a hometown team to root for. Boy im glad the Texans came around and i don't have to be a Titans fan

>2003 Blitz.
>MIKE VICK ALL DAY
>Kinda like dirty birds because of it.

I'm a Houston fan, now. I'll root for Falcons as long as they're not playing Houston.

My family is a sports family. Dad and his family came from New York to SoCal in the 70's, my grandma was the sports fan, not my Grandpa. This tiny Puerto rican lady talking shit to Angels fans when the Yankees came by was always hilarious to me. My dad got into sports and passed it down to me.

I grew up in a shitstain of a small town in rural Nebraska

It's a fucking religion out there

>play NFL QB club 99
>become puckers fan because of BRETT FAVRE

Saw some people talking about on a forum, so I checked it out

Watched 2 SBs, XLV and XLVI, didn't understand shit

Than I watched the 2013 playoffs, that Broncos x Ravens game was sick af so started following the regular season and enjoyed it a lot

NHL lockout in 2004, had to start watching another sport

Parents got free tickets to a Jets game so I went with my dad

They beat the Lions, I forgot the year, I think it was 06 or 07. Just been following them ever since. I got madden after that game as well, definitely helped me get hooked.

watched super bowl one morning with my dad, have followed bearz ever since...

Was a big favre fan even though I was born in west PA. Of course I became a steelers fan, but I was mad hype for that superbowl.

does anyone have a blitz mod with current roster?

Blitz 99 my dad also bought me Madden 2000 and I bodied him every time on N64

>How did Cred Forums get into football?
Year was 2014, media hyped the fuck outta the world cup, so i started watching It.

Besides watching every Superb Owl, I was more of an NBA fan (since the Oilers got taken away from us and we had actual success with the Rockets) so when we got the Texans, I was stoked. I didn't know shit about any other team for a long time until about 5 to 7 years ago when I started actually paying attention to the rest of the league.

Joe Cool leading the game winning drive in SB23

Tecmo Super Bowl for the SNES. Because of that game, I liked the Cowboys for a while. Then I grew up and learned better.

NFL 2K on the Sega Dreamcast.

I'm a white American with a non gay father. I grew up with football

>'look at how clever I am!'

Kill yourself

This 2bh

>be mexican
>live in bay area
>root raiders cause silver n black holmes

>this thread

>Not playing NFL Blitz

My boy right here

My dad took me to a CFL game and it game me an excuse to hate the rest of Canada

Rustled jimmies?

My father hated both himself and his future children so he moved to Philadelphia from Boston and married into a family of Eagles season ticket holders and raised me accordingly.
Luckily he was never a Pats fan so I've never seen an Owl but it could be worse.

He's right. It wasn't clever at all. You responded as though OP was writing in a foreign dialect because you're smug.

My dad forcing me to wear Cowboys gear until I was old enough to realize they are the greatest franchise in history. We could be 3-9 and I will still think we have a chance at the playoffs. Also, it doesn't hurt that my senior year of college at UH, we went on to beat FSU in the Peach Bowl. So fucking satisfying.

somebody bought me a chad pennington jersey for christmas in 2002. i think it was my uncle, and then we watched the jets lose in the divisional round together.

Started getting big here about five years ago. I unironically got caught up in Tebow-mania. Feels kinda bandwagon but I also have two friends who were Broncos fans before that so I'm giving myself a pass.

I had John Montana Football on the Sega Game Gear.

Well, my dad and grandmother always watched Ohio State football when I was growing up, so that was really my first exposure to it. I waanna say around 2005, when I was 8 was the first season of football that I actually watched. Around that time, I also played youth football up until I was in eighth grade. It was sometime after I started playing that I understood the game enough to seriously watch it. Around then, I also purchased NCAA 2006 for the Playstation 2, which became my first football game. That really helped me understand the core concepts and strategies of football, which furthered my interest. I tried getting one of the madden games, but since I didn't really have an NFL that I liked, I stuck with college football, and got every NCAA game until they stopped making it. I sort of hit a minor stopping point around my sophomore year in HS, due to freinds changing and different interests, but managed to get back into it my senior year of High School, when I started browsing Cred Forums. I was still mainly following college, but would watch NFL from time to time (mainly towards the end of the season to the playoffs, in the time period where there isn't much college football). It wasn't until my freshman year of college that I really got into NFL, when my roommates started a fantasy league. Since then, I have been able to follow NFL almost as much as I follow college.

Two years ago when I studied abroad actually. The other Americans I was with were all xecucks and having been from Wisconsin had support my boy Rodgers.

Also happened to get good at Madden playing with them since it was the only other game there besides FIFA which was completely dominated by yurocucks

Fellow old guy here. Why leave? What else am I going to do at work during my down time?

SHAKE AND BLAKE BABY

I really got into the NFL after the Seahawks won the Superbowl (and no I'm not a Seahawks fan). Not knowing a lot about the sport and getting told that the Seahawks have no chance by our german "experts" it was awesome to see them getting BTFO by supposed underdogs.

After that I watched more and more NFL and practically the entire next season but the Seahawks were too boring for me, I didnt like the defense heavy playstyle and the heavy focus on the running game. So eventually I was rooting for the Cowboys although they suck atm their games are always interesting and I just liked watching them. Also rooting for the Pats because I like Brady, Gronk and they have one (acutally with Kuhn now 2) of the few german players.

So yeah that's how I became one of the most cancerous faggots in the eyes of Cred Forums - a Cowboys/Pats fan

Eh, for me it was playing NFL Quarterback Club '96. But I did enjoy playing Blitz at the arcade. Also my family always hosted Owl parties.

My comfiest memory was by middle school I was living with my dad and we stopped going to church as a family so we could just watch football and eat sandwiches instead.

Tecmo Super Bowl. Taught me the basics, the game taught me the rest. My brother and I used to play all the time, and fuck me, I STILL remember the main two players of the Chargers team I used (Stan Humphries and Marion Butts).

The only problem is that Tecmo killed all of my interest for the Madden games (too slow and technical for me).

I was 10 and bought madden 2004

Watched the Superbowl in 04

Thought hey I like this

Started following the lions

Got a game pass now and quite a few mates who follow it too (mostly saints and pats)

Played since I was 5.

From the age of 6 until my early teens I was abused my next door neighbour. There was never any penetration but he made me suck his dick and he would put his finger in my bum. I started to like the sensation. From there it was a natural progression to watching NFL

My mom was one of the hookers on the vikings love boat

Not doing something with your life instead
My man

By being American

Lived in Cincinnati from age 3, until 2010. Picked up the team sometime in elementary school I guess. One of my first memories is the playoff game 05 vs Steelers where they broke Palmer

I casually got into it through video games and SBs. Then I really got into football after going to college football games with my dad. High school football made me become diehard to the point that I'd start following autistic tier stats.
I've scaled back after the the Bears decade long dumpster fire and the shady shit the NFL does, but thankfully NFL Redzone and ffb has kept me interested

I'm not into football

Grew up in Milwaukee WI. First football memory was watching the Packers win the 97' Superbowl

Not really until my early 20's. I am 32 now.

fingering is penetration, he took your virginity brah.

>born in 93
>live in Houston
>Oilers left and didn't want to root for the Titans
>had no team as a kid and didn't know much about football except for how plays worked like runs and passes
>learn most about football from playing Madden, NFL 2K1-5, NCAA Football and NFL Blitz
>Texans start existing in 2002 and was fully on that bandwagon for years and still is.

Although I was a Michigan fan until my older brother went to Texas and my whole family just went for the Burnt Orange

kinect sports
unironically
i played it on kinect sports, then i started watching some A&M games on yt

Same here. Though I was a bit older.

My dad was always a fan, my first football memory was watching the 1998 wildcard game. But I didn't really get into football until middle school. I fell in with a group of kids who were really into it, so I got into it too. It's been my passion ever since.

I kek'd

NFL Sports Talk Football '93 Starring Joe Montana

Really got into the rules, intricacies, tangibles and the league system. Then I tried watching the sport itself but there were so many adverts that it became a chore to watch.

Shame really.

Dad used to take me to Redskins games at RFK in the late 80's. 5 year old me was terrified when I would see the bleachers bouncing up and down because I thought the stadium was going implode

Born in '89 so when i was in my adolescents the Eagles were truly trash, first QB i remember was Bobby Hoying. But my Dad used to take me and the radio set to the field near our house to play catch while listening to Merill Reese when the games were blacked out, and i remember thinking "this Reese guy is pure class." Die Hard Eagles fan to this fay

My dad has season tickets for the Chiefs and we've been going to games for as long as I can remember. He really instilled a love for both the game and that shit team in me. Go Chefs.

During the commercials is when you go to the kitchen and fry wings and chips.

Texansbro!
I still remember their first game like it was yesterday. My dad rooted for the cowboys before that but was instantly a Texans fan. I was young, and remember asking him why in the world we were rooting against the cowboys now.
I've been a Texans fan ever since.

There are twenty commercial breaks during the average game. No wonder you guys are so fat.

We only eat burgers when tailgating.

Madden 04 and NCAA 05, Played as Michael Vick and Reggie Ball respectively