Does this browns team have a chance to be the worst of all time?

Does this browns team have a chance to be the worst of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/god-clarifies-he-still-hates-cleveland-fans-despit-53115
deadspin.com/report-the-browns-fired-a-bunch-of-scouts-who-liked-ca-1786816387
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yea

They would have to go 0-16 like the Lions a few years ago. That's tough to do.

>have to play brady his first game back

JUST

are we in for another perfect season lads?

maybe. They could have really improved their public perception if they had RG3 healthy.

Hopefully they can get a cock diesel rookie QB with their first round draft pick next year and pick up some other good talent. This is what football is about. Shitty teams that get good and good teams that get shitty.

America loves the underdog and that is exactly what the browns are.

I think the Loins have been made the playoffs twice since 08. Browns havent been since 02.

Browns.are worse

But only the Lions can claim to have had a season where they didn't get a SINGLE win.

they just beat the Ravens (before choking, but still) who are one of the better teams in the AFC

do you even follow the browns? they pick up a rookie qb every year and ruin his career

the browns are the epitome of bad management and impatience; they should really take a page out of the raiders

>they just beat the Ravens

wtf this teams logo is literally just helmet

Why do these idiots not try to build up their O-line first?

and their name is literally just a color

and its not the same color as the helmet picture

>just beat the ravens
>one of the better teams

Big 'ol dose of no to both accounts

Nah senpai

Yeah but with the plethora of picks they have a chance of putting a decent team around a rookie QB. Maybe not defensively for the next 2 years but they can put a rookie in a good offense especially since Jackson isn't like most coordinators that say they will adjust to the players strengths because he actually does it. I believe they should roll with McCown or RG next year and continue building the team until they have a QB that they love and move up for. Only problem is management and they already proved to be impatient with the last coaching staff but they were partially right cause they didn't show any growth. If they Give Jackson 3 full years they will become a competitive team

2-0 doesn't lie, ravens will win the div

At this point you gotta wonder how they'd do with Tom Brady. I mean damn, talk about a QB graveyard.

Tom Brady is a confirmed system babby.

>named the browns
>color is orange

JUST

that "orange" is what i like to call "charlie brown"

Not so fast

>le draft only receivers GM
>le riding on the fact that I was smart enough to take Andrew luck with the no. 1 pick man

As a Browns fan, can any of you guys come and shoot me?

I just want to die

The Eagles are also 2-0

It's called playing the Browns, Bills and Bears. Stillers just beat the shit out of two division champs (although I'd laugh my dick off if the Ravens sweep them again).

anyone who watched Sunday's game can see that the Ravens aren't that good and the Browns aren't that awful.

They are a decent kicker away from winning that game, and McCown had a good day.

If only they had a chance to draft a young franchise QB last year

i don't care who it is, i just want so badly to see another team go 0-16 before i die.

that shit is so fucking hilarious

They'll go 3-13 and miss out on the first pick in the draft.

Not true, faggot.

Bucs did it in the 70's when there was 14 games. That team also had the longest losing streak of all time (21 or something like that) while the Lions had 19.

SCREENCAPPED

I guarantee there will be at least one game this year where everyone will be blown away by how good the Browns are.

At the least the Bucs clawed their way to the NFCC after that

Just like the Browns to even fail at failing

When is the last time a team has started 3 different QBs in the first three games of the season?

>name is literally just a color
>he doesn't know why the Browns are called the Browns
>he doesn't know who Paul Brown was or what he did

You know the Bengals play at Paul Brown Stadium too, right? Brown is a name not a color.

I can only imagine how the old Bucs fans must have seethed when the Panthers and Jags got multiple wins in their expansion years and both made the championship games their second year...

>they just beat the Ravens
>before choking, but still
>who are one of the better teams in the AFC

nothing you said is true

its still fucking stupid their primary color is orange. just tells you what kind of franchise you're dealing with

>just tells you what kind of franchise you're dealing with

Franchise moves to Baltimore, changes names, wins Owl in 5th year.

New franchise granted, new franchise resumes tradition of sucking forever.

Essentially, what we learn from this is that God strongly dislikes Cleveland and wants the residents to be unhappy. If the current Browns moved to, say, St. Louis, they would win a Duper Bowl in 5 years, and a new Browns would be formed and suck forever.

The have only been above .500 three times in the past 25 years.

I don't think they have a "chance," because they already are the worst team of all time. I mean is there any team that is worse?

Bears vs Browns will be a fun battle for the #1 overall pick

The Bears are going to get it and trade it.

yeah buts its been 16 years

God I hope so. Ever since the Cubs got good, Browns fans have taken their place as the most annoying fanbase of a shit team in all of sports.

>2-0 doesn't lie

Yeah, and the Falcons started last year 6-1 and finished 8-8 missing the playoffs.

HOW HAS EVERYTHING HAS GONE WRONG ALREADY

IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO WEEKS. WHY GOD? WHY!!

You can join the Bears as the worst team in the existence of the world. Eat shit, Cleveland

>Bucs fans
You don't have to worry about that hombre.

That's always the case and they always fuck it up

The only thing I hope for, is that the entire Glazer family dies.

Jimmy Haslam I didn't think you were allowed to post on Cred Forums anymore after the court order

Patriots kinda did.

theonion.com/article/god-clarifies-he-still-hates-cleveland-fans-despit-53115

God really does hate Cleveland

I'm a Bears fan and I want the same, can we cry together? ;_;

Bucs
Saints
Colt iirc
Some other team

>teams name is browns
>unis are orange
>mascot is a dog

It's obvious that no one involved with this team knew what they were doing from the very beginning. Obviously this was meant to be a joke team.

Nah they will win 2 or 3 games. They got robbed in the Ravens game. McCown is decent. Reminder that the Browns have been so bad so long but have not had the overall worst team in any season since 1999.

>sucking forever.
The Browns unironically were the team with the highest winning percentage all-time entering the 90's. So it only seems like they sucked forever because they haven't been good for 25 years and most everyone here was either not born or too young to remember them being good. It is kinda like anyone born in the late 90's or later thinking the Raiders have always been bad.

The helmet is orange, the uni is shit brown.

>4 superbowls

>Bradyfags so insecure they come into a shit on the browns thread to defend themselves.

I'm not even a Patriots fan. But to deny 4 superbowls would be folly.

He really might be the GOAT.

There is no such thing as a GOAT when you cannot apples to apples compare. even count the rings is a skewed stat.

He isn't, but what he is is a consistently top ten qb that has the best system in the league to elevate him further. And that is even more dangerous.

I want everyone to know how bad they fucked up with manziel. Had they taken RG3 he would have gotten hurt. Our O line was god Tier and they probably would have stayed along with other talented players the got the hell out of dodge. The sickening thing is MOST browns fans were pumped about manziel and now they want to act like they never were

Luck will be another story of "what could have been" in about five years' time especially considering he inked that extension over the offseason.

Poor guy was doomed from the start. He's going to be ground into hamburger meat because your GM doesn't understand the importance of even an average-talent offensive line.

Literally worse to go 3-13 at least at 0-16 that's like kind of impressive and fans will get behind it

>Went to league championship game first six years in the NFL
>Won three championships
Yeah, nobody knew what they were doing from the beginning. Underage b&.

Browns play Miami, Washington, New England and Tennessee their next four games. So there's a reasonable chance that they can limp home at 1-15.

Hey I knew going in that this season was a write-off. As long as they show some improvement, I can endure it.

I know winning only hurts their draft stock, but I kind of want it to happen. I know for a fact that if Hue doesn't win a game, he will be forced out of Cleveland quicker than Pettine, because the front office is impatient as fuck.

kek

the team was literally elite until the 80s when they started their bad qb drafting tradition and even then they were known as the cardiac kids during that decade, and became contenders the next decade until it all fell to shit because of the big move.

If you combine the old Browns with the Ravens, since they were the same team, even given they were shit in the 90's they are the winningest team ever.

>tfw I want to see the Browns with the Super Bowl

I know I'll never see it.

>josh gordon has a warrant out for his arrest

nothing will ever top the 0-16 lions

i really do think the browns have a chance at solidifying themselves as the worst franchise of all time though

What would Browns fans do if they started consistently succeeding year after year (just playoff spots then wins)?

I ask this because I feel the only reason there are Browns fans (the non-meme fans) is because they like expecting a lack of success so that they are comfortable in what they can complain about.

There is a comfort in expecting something to fail because there is less hope invested in it ever succeeding, so even in loss you have a sense of security in your expectations.

>not taking paternity test

kek

You want to know the worst part? Grigson PLAYED offensive line, and he still doesn't understand it.

They can't ever be the worst franchise because there was a time when they were literally the best franchise. Unless you're only counting the new Browns.

Well, old Browns fans were like Bengals fans are now. Old New Browns fans, are bitter and cling to any shred of hope that things will go back. New New Browns fans are bitches content in the suckage but get cocky at any sign of success. That last group were the ones on Johnny Football's dick.

Unless there's a way they could go 0-17, no chance.

Browns had a good O line 2 years ago when they went 7-9, but the C Mack wanted to leave and did, and for some reason they didn't resign a serviceable, but not great, RT despite being 50 mill under the cap.

Cam Irving, a first round bust from the last regime, starts at center, and a 2nd yr 7th round pick starts at RT.

Hue Jackson looks rather foolish with his goal to reignite RG3's career with this season's garbage tier O Line

>Shitty teams that get good

except the browns are just consistently shitty year after year

Bradshaw is the GOAT as he's the first to win 4.

>Duper Bowl

kek

no

It's over

>corey coleman broke his hand at practice today

Keep in mind, even they are the worst of all time, next year they'll be worse.

I always joked that the NFL is going to have to have some sort of bailout for the browns, just to keep them afloat.

I dunno....I think now, that might very well be the only hope for them. Like, every team will be forced to ship one good player and one good coach to them.

That's seriously about the only way I can think that they'll ever recover.

They could do what the NBA did to the Sixers last year.

why don't they call up johnny football?

you think their FO is regretting trading Philly their first rounder to get Wentz?

naw seeing as how they fired all the scouts that wanted Wentz

deadspin.com/report-the-browns-fired-a-bunch-of-scouts-who-liked-ca-1786816387

I doubt they would or could sing a different tune now

O-Line doesn't help when he runs 50 feet away from them and barrels into a guy standing out of bounds

definitely

theyre both unlucky and terrible

afloat? the franchise is worth about 75% more than it was when Haslam bought it 8 years ago

Browns fans are masochists, they will come back for more and more every season.

I don't mean financially, even though attendance definitely is dropping and a LOT of browns fans have basically given up, but they'll be ok for a while.

I just mean in the sense that they even resemble a nfl football team, as right now they're basically no talent rookies and banged up 3rd stringers making up the whole team. I mean, as it is, we're basically a practice squad for other teams, and I see no sign of that improving, even with good drafting, in the next few years.

>mfw they trade the #1 pick to the Patriots for Garoppolo

I hope not, they would bury Garoppolo in a ton of shit, better get Manziel back

Nigga did you even watch that game? The O-line fell apart 9/10 times. You could watch rg3 getting rage mode. After the 7th time of 3rd down and long in their own 10 yard line he said fuck it, ran it himself and got fucked.

Also, the special teams was retarded the whole game and decided to let the eagles decide where the ball was going to be after every punt/kick off.

t. Browns fan.

He could have left, its a FA era he should have seen the writing on the wall especially when his team owner was a know druggie. Luck went to Standford for Pete's sake. If he left to any team he'd make it an instant competitor and was a fool to take that contract in Indy for the reasons we can all see. Indy is almost Cleveland tier at drafting

You know what's great? Baseball.

The Indians are going to the playoffs. Cleveland gets an extra month of baseball. We can coast into November when the Cavs come back.

Who cares about the Browns? Not me.

Vancouverite here. Is it true that Cleveland is this worse city in America? My friend keeps telling me that Baltimore is worse,but I don't believe him.

Anyone here like Ben Maller of Fox Sports Radio late night (he'll be on here in 2 hours [currently it's 11pm CST where I'm at])?

Anyway, he once said something that I've remembered forever.

"The Cleveland Browns are the Factory of Sadness, and the Detroit Lions are the Sweatshop of Despair."

Balitmore is worse although not by much. Cleveland is just outstandingly depressing while Baltimore is just 70 kinds of shit.

I have been to both so I am not just memeing

Dude I agree with you assessment of the city, Cleveland is outstandingly depressing. I once stayed there in a hotel for a couple days when I was a little kid, and I went with my senpai for a meal over at the Old Country Buffet when that thing was still around (no idea if it's still there or not) but I remember hearing a church group that was sitting a couple tables across from us, and they were all talking about how if they weren't able to do well on a fundraiser that they were going to lose the church.

Don't know if you're Christian or not (I'm certainly not), but hearing something like that is always just completely solemn.

>rolling for the week Cody Kessler gets injured and Charlie Whitehurst becomes the starter for Cleveland.

Titans fan here

Death comes eventually, even for millionaires.

>Bill's face when

Cleveland really isn't that bad.

Watch Jimmuh Hasbeen clear out office before anything gels

Luck should've held out or demanded a trade to the Cardinals and become the backup/successor to Palmer

yeah but his routine gets old. especially with the phone calls they are the worst. wish he would talk more actual sports and less grab ass

For some reason the old Brown's unis used to be one of my favorite. No idea why, but I loved that dark brown.

Does OP have a chance to be the biggest faggot of all time?

It's not even close to the worst city. Depends on how you're judging cities of course, but there's a lot of place that are just all around much worse than cleveland.

Detroit is a hell of a lot worse....but then again I don't know if you can seriously even call Detroit a city anymore.

you're a fuckin idiot

no you havent, memelord.. and you and i both know it

>1-15
>improvement

Nah son, you should be pissed if they go 1-15. That's not improvement. I feel bad for Hue Jackson, He should've stayed on as Bengals OC for another season or two and hoped for a HC job somewhere with a real team.

Yea