The NFL will die in your lifetime

>the NFL will die in your lifetime

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/sports/2016/09/21/nfl-ratings-drop-faster-than-colin-kaepernick-hearing-the-national-anthem/
google.ca/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/brandonkatz/2016/09/20/nfls-monday-night-football-continues-to-fall-in-ratings/amp/?client=ms-android-rogers-ca
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ipR5XkbeAK4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what will replace it?

Honestly feels good, m8, football is sort of a snore

"Football"

You underestimate how stupid americans are.

CFL. The Cowboy fans will become Argonaut fans.

I hope so. I used to laugh at it but CTE is serious shit man.

And they dont even get paid well.

CHI

soccer probably

you really think people are going to switch from the most injurious sport in the world to a bunch of manlet fairies throwing themselves into the air after getting brushed on the shoulder?

The niggers will go back to playing baseball.

Yes. Much in the same way that, excluding shit-holes like Louisiana, etc, it's generally frowned upon to be blatantly homophobic, where 20 years ago it was the norm

>The average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

>In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials, there's barely enough time to prepare a hard-boiled egg. In fact, the average telecast devotes 56% more time to showing replays.

>So what do the networks do with the other 174 minutes in a typical broadcast? Not surprisingly, commercials take up about an hour. As many as 75 minutes, or about 60% of the total air time, excluding commercials, is spent on shots of players huddling, standing at the line of scrimmage or just generally milling about between snaps.

Over the course of 20-30 years (a generation), sure

Parents won't want their kids playing Football when soccer, lacrosse, etc are other options

not gonna happen

Why would we watch soccer when we have Hockey? Lel

>lacrosse

why not just fuck each other in the ass, its equally gay

Literally this. Most will probably wind up going to the NBA, buy some will see the light and come over to basedball

It builds suspense. I'd rather have 11 minutes that mean a lot than 90 minutes of metrosexuals kicking a ball around

>Parents won't want their kids playing Football when soccer, lacrosse, etc are other options
Please. That's just what the media reports. In reality, parents will continue to yet young men be physical. Especially in the lower classes where most of the players come from anyway.

The only (and by only I mean, literally, the ONLY) problem is that 20 minute periods actually mean 1 hour of game, commercials, fights and such.

but you see soccer is already another option but most american school kids choose football. how many high school students died on the field last year? seven? and yet the sport is still going strong. in a town not far from mine, a kid died after a helmet to helmet hit, and what happened next? his team went on to win the championship and go undefeated the next season. it has literally no effect on the game.

Yeah thats why there been a net % drop in football signups across the country ?

desu, I don't really notice commercials as prevalently while watching hockey. A lot of the filler is commentary between periods, and the breaks in between plays are usually very short.

Soccer is obviously the IDEAL, though

I'm sure amongst white middle class and up kids.

But they're not the demographic who are going to play in the NFL in the first place.

Football is tradition in the south (where most NFL players are born). Parents down south don't give a shit if their kid can't walk at the age of 40 if they have a chance to become a multi-millionare.

>3rd (third) best team in north america

>soccer
>ideal
Have a (You)

So you think I'm completely wrong, or you think I'm right, I'm confused

45 minutes of play + stoppage, in one continuous block, is obviously the best option

>35 minutes of pointless passing, ball out of play
>games unironically end 0-0

>every season these threads pop up
>every season there's doomsayers
>still the most popular US sport

Yeah I'm sure it will dude!!

m8, it's similar for a lot of sports. Watch the highlights if you have such a short attention span. Half of the appreciation is seeing a play build up from seemingly nothing. All it takes is one imaginative display of skill or a subtle touch, and someone can be sent on their way, and that's part of what makes soccer a fantastic spectator sport.

No one asked for your opinion syrupnigger

People get old. The next generation are already on the soccer bandwagon.

no they're not, football is still the most popular sport overall and basketball has the youngest viewing demographic.

>implying it's not a long, gradual process

we're not saying it will die next year you dolt, more like 10-20

the younger generation will have kids and those kids will learn to love basketball and soccer instead

people have been saying that shit since darryl stingley got paralyzed. it's never, ever, ever gonna happen. stay mad chicanoshit.

Hi nu male.

the last 5 years the NFL has had more scandals than the previous 50 combined, and the ratings have ALWAYS went up until the last couple seasons.

it's fucking over man, none of my friends watch NFL, fucking more of them watch tennis than that dead sport

It's called pacing.

Football is by far the most cinematic of the sports.

>muh cinematic and paced 174 minutes of nothing
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AYY AYYY

Your friends are gay?

You're friends sound gay tbqh

you're a fucking moron. I'll clue you in: the media has an agenda. Don't believe everything they say

Competitive shitposting.

>Gridiron Football
>dying

nah son we have the sport on lockdown as an Olympic sport for Tokyo 2020

>Soccer

Spoiler alert, soccer is most kids first sport here in America. Guess what? People still don't give a fuck about it

I thought it was a girl's game.

It's hilarious to me that you believe in some grand conspiracy when you aren't important enough for it to affect you in any way, assuming it were true.

>thinking a multibillion dollar business that keeps the goyim dumb and numb is going to die.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

nice b8 m8

It depends on the state you're in.

yeah you're right. wonder why NFL's revenue keeps going up.

TV is dying, not the NFL. Don't be a dope.

>there are retards who actually believe this

looks like whitey doesn't like all those [chimp noises]

>NFL Ratings Drop Faster Than Colin Kaepernick Hearing ‘The Star Spangled Banner’

The elephant in the room—actually three Dolphins, a Bronco, and two 49ers—continue to be the competitors in America’s Game insulting America’s song. Fans do not watch because of a quarterback who does not play. No one likes uninvited guests coming into their living room to insult them.

Talking heads and NFL spin doctors do not care to own up to this. But Colin Kaepernick becoming the face of the NFL actually does more to harm the league’s bottom line than Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, or Aaron Hernandez did by dominating news cycles. The criminal behavior of a small percentage of football players occurs away from the stadium. Colin Kaepernick’s perfectly legal protest happens on an NFL field in an NFL uniform on NFL broadcasts.

America is a free country. A multimillionaire remains free to kneel during the national anthem. Joe Six Pack remains free to turn off the television.

breitbart.com/sports/2016/09/21/nfl-ratings-drop-faster-than-colin-kaepernick-hearing-the-national-anthem/

Why do people think the NFL is dying

It is a girls game, young girls play it and young boys play it as well. After a certain age you either transition into baseball or football or basketball if you're tall already

colin kaepernick

What is wrong with white people?

>breitbart

goddamn evil crackers

?

it's one of the top 10 news sources in america

>people actually believe this

look at the rankings

>implying a new business won't set up tiered-leagues with Promotion and Relegation

And it will be #based

Baseball as its second most popular and is consistantly so. Alternatively a meme sport like Lacrosse could replace it due to high contact, not needing a very specific environment like hockey, and being fast paced.

>American "news" media

Whoa I'm sure they're pulitzer prize winning journalists

breitbart's ceo lmao

Its not dying idiot, like the MLB traditional TV is just dying. The MLB is having the same problem where it isn't actually dying but looks like it but exacerbated because it has 162 match ups per regular season and most people don't watch every game

>no one mentioning rugby
Wew lads

nobody watches rugby in america, i'm not even sure if they have a professional league here. as far as i know it's only played in colleges.

You guys have PRO Rugby now.

It has the chance to become big IF the NFL dies.

google.ca/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/brandonkatz/2016/09/20/nfls-monday-night-football-continues-to-fall-in-ratings/amp/?client=ms-android-rogers-ca

Ratings dropping like bombs in syria

kek

americans are dumb

NBA

for one thing the NFL isn't going to die and another thing is that if the NFL dies rugby has no chance to play it because it would fail for the presumable same reason the NFL would die

It's cord-cutting. People are getting rid of their TV packages and switching to Netflix for their shows and streaming the games.

I got It guys, listen, look, listen

>We let the blacks be the only ones eligible to play football

>We let It be a way for the blacks to stay out of the streets and off drugs, ie. less crime, less murder, less rape

>They play and kill each other on the field, less the blacks in the world

>?????????

>Profit

Bulletball

MUH POINT

CRICKET

>he doesn't watch football and soccer

I just feel bad for people who exclude one, they are both enjoyable as hell

>Nothing happens
>"Pacing"

Jesus christ, and then Americans say that "nothing happens" in actual football because they don't understand anything apart from goals. Kill yourself.

Why are Brazilian proxies so popular with the claps?

>he knows nothing about the sport so he doesn't analyze the playcalls presnap
>he's just as bad as an american who doesn't understand buildup play

if you can't appreciate this video you have no business being a fan of any sport

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ipR5XkbeAK4

Rugby seems to be a lot safer considering you can't spear someone in mid air with a modern helmet.

Plus in Rugby you can't tackle high anyway and wouldn't want to, you're a lot more cautious when your head is swinging around unprotected.

Another thing is that the defense is usually always behind you. You can't get blindsided like a QB or Wide Reciever does.

I went to an NFL game and most of the "pacing" looked like players standing around literally doing nothing waiting for a ref to signal the end of commercials.

The actual tactics before a snap only add like 20 seconds to a 5 second play.

I know the answer, but did you play football growing up or in high school?

I did for a semester in 9th grade. Our games weren't on TV so we never had to wait for a ref to signal that the TV timeout had ended.

e sports

competitive father-son assfucking

kek

wow a whole minute of continuous action, truely breath taking.

A form of NRL that incorporates some kind of forward pass. I unironically think and hope it happens to be honest family

>Americans stuck in the past
Embrace the future, friends. Time to move on from commercialwatch

>baseball still popular
>and they call soccer "boring"

Explain yourself, John

>soccer is not boring

you just KNOW that this was written by a numale, and euros eat it up like semen.

> In fact, the average telecast devotes 56% more time to showing replays.

so 56% more time of 11 minutes? why does this report keep going from gross time to percentage?

its a numale who doesnt know how to think but has thousands of followers on tumblr. cringe

They are both boring. Most baseball fans I know in the US are 40+

NFL is by far the best sport to watch on TV, and I would say hockey is the best sport live.

Soccer is so annoying to watch. Everyone flopping and bitching. You are forced to stare at the screen the whole time because you never know if something is going to happen. Which it barely ever does, and when it does happen it's when you got up to piss.

It's obviously a shitty option when the action is actually an extremely boring game of keep away.

Okay so for 30 seconds you see players set up their failed attempt after they tried to get the ball in their side for 20 minutes. Wow, so exciting.

Remind me of coming to kick you in the ankles with soccer cleats, you'll see if that doesn't hurt

You enjoy watching that?

I don't enjoy players get injured, but pls stahp with the divefairies meme. Taking hits in the legs with cleats hurt, that's why soccer players sometimes cry on the pitch

plus your getting tackled my 220 pound guys in rugby not 270.

>You are forced to stare at the screen the whole time because you never know if something is going to happen
that's the magic actually

in a good match the tension builds up with every play until that special orgasmic moment: the goal

that's why it's shit watching a game when you aren't rooting for anyone

I mean, it can be fun to watch uefalona demolish whatever crappy team is thrown their way, but nothing compares to rooting for your beloved team.

You're absolutely right, getting kicked by cleats hurts. However, when someone goes from writhing on the ground in agony for 3 minutes to getting up and sprinting after the ball we have an issue. And that's not even touching all the gifs we could throw at you of people getting flicked in the ear or simpky faking their injuries

>NFL is by far the best sport to watch on TV
>oh boy the footbawl game is starting!
>Welcome to the Sprite™ Arena for this Mustards vs Bullets clash!
>Hi, I'm Chuck Stevens alongside DeAndre LaBarnes and welcome to the ESPN™ pre-game discussion brought to you by Burger King™ - eat it your way - and T-Mobile™ - keeping you in touch
>So DeAndre what do you think about the Mustards this year?
>See here whiteboi, I tink the Mussards finna...
>ok that's all the time we have, let's go to Becky Coalburner for the on-field report
>Hi Chuck, so I was in the Bullets dressing room earlier, and let me tell ya - I'll have a hard time walking in the next few days. Anyways, I spoke to the Bullets coach and he told me "we want to score a lot and keep them from scoring"
>thanks Becky, now it's time for a short 15 minute commercial break and we'll be ready for kickoff
>Nice Mustards kickoff, got a good distance on that and it looks like a timeout called for the Bullets
>boy, that was an early one. The Bullets coach better be careful, he only has 9 more timeouts this quarter
>ok time for the Samsung™ Instant Replay™ on that kickoff
>and we'll be back after another commercial break