Tfw money killed football

>Tfw money killed football
Nowadays it's all about spending 700 gorillion dollars a year to make sure you'll be in the CL quarter finals every season like PSG
Former big clubs like Arsenal, Inter, MU, Liverpool, Milan are dying. Fuck this shit

>former big clubs

>Arsenal

>Liverpool

>spending large sums of money gives you success

nice opinions

>Liverpool
>18 PL titles
>5 CL
>Not a big club

What I don't understand is why players are so willing to jump ship to another team. If I was associated with, and had success with, a club, or even if I'd helped it achieve more than it had in previous seasons, I would want to stay there and potentially win it all at some point in the future.

Why don't players stick around and do it for the team that molded them into who they are as a player? Surely, all of them can't be so enchanted with the prospect of a flashy celebrity-esque life with tons of cash. Money can only go so far, right?

damn those United and Liverpool squads are hitting me right in the feels thx user

>benayoun

Pretty sure Liverpool were Money F.C. in the 80s due to some takeover

new, surroundings can, bring, new, life into a, athlete

>18 PL titles

>PL

Kys

Yes, haha, I added a comma I didn't need
:^)

grammar is for faggots anyway

This.

>MU is one of the best teams in the world
>Let's totally join a piss poor Real Madrid side !
>Be considered a God in Anfield
>Let's betray the supporters and join Chelshit !

Didn't Brown play that season as RB for United?

Tough shit, break out that wallet

I don't remember exactly
If I recall correctly Neville was a starter and the captain but I may be wrong

Money ruins everything lad.

Inter, Milan and Liverpool were the money clubs in the 80s/early 90s.

Money has always been in football and it isn't ruining anything, you fucking retards. So keep masturbating to muh ebin 80s Milan team while forgetting it was only possible because a corrupt politician took over the club and went on a record spending spree.

Yeah lad
>Neville recovered from an injury suffered against Bolton Wanderers in March 2007 and in his first match back, a reserve game against Everton in January 2008, he scored a rare goal in the 21st minute of the game which helped Manchester United to a 2–2 draw.[18]
>On 9 April 2008, Neville made his long-awaited comeback against Roma in the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg at Old Trafford, coming on as an 81st-minute substitute for Anderson; Neville was welcomed back to the pitch with a standing ovation, and was promptly given the captain's armband.[19][20] It was Neville's 99th Champions League appearance. However, he was not selected for the European Cup final squad on 21 May, though he did join in with the post-match celebrations after United won on penalties following a 1–1 draw with Chelsea. Instead, Rio Ferdinand and Giggs lifted the trophy together having shared the captaincy during Neville's absence.
>Neville started his first game in 17 months when he captained Manchester United for the 2008 FA Community Shield against Portsmouth on 10 August 2008.
He never quite recovered.

At the end of the day, its getting another job.

I totally understand, and I myself would love to be a club legend instead of jumping clubs every 3 years. But if you're working as a stud player for Hull City. Max they can pay you is 100k a week. Here comes Manure. They offer 250k a week, private hotel rooms during travel, pay kids tuition, low interest rates for a home, 5 year deal. Hard to say no.

>playing for Liverslip

>le why aren't things the exact same as they were when I was 13, upvote if you remember these teams xD

kill yourself my man. dominant teams becoming irrelevant is nothing new, and it's certainly not a bad thing when it comes to cancer clubs like MU, Lavorpell or Milan.
Also Leicester literally just won the PL.

you don't understand because you're a 19 year old dipshit who doesn't understand any aspect of adult life. "LE THEY'RE JUST MONEY GRUBBING FAMEWHORES XDDD I'D BE LOYAL TO MY TEAM FOR SURE UNLIKE THESE NIGGERS". Jesus christ, get a grip.

this, ten times this
tired of americans and other foreigners going muh nostalgia for these teams when they were the original sugar daddies teams
they probably didn't even watch them

>Arsenal
>big club

>If I was associated with, and had success with, a club, or even if I'd helped it achieve more than it had in previous seasons, I would want to stay there and potentially win it all at some point in the future.

Really? Even if another team is offering to double your wages, your girlfriend/wife won't stop nagging you about moving to London/Paris/Madrid, and your career (which is pretty short anyway) could be ended at any moment by a part-time plumber breaking your leg?

>complains about PSG
>nostalgic for Milan

Milan were the original PSG/Chelsea, the reason they stopped being good is because their owner didn't feel like spending anymore and he didn't do a good enough job of building up the business side of things to keep the club going without him.

Are you implying manure is a poor club now ? They're the biggest case of "spending gorillons", and it's not exactly working out for them.
When you have a job, one day, you'll understand. It's unlikely yo happen to you but if another company shows up and offers you twice your current salary, you will forget your fairytale shit in a heartbeat.

>Former big clubs like Arsenal, Inter, MU, Liverpool, Milan are dying. Fuck this shit

Who gives a shit? By dying you mean they might finish 6th instead of being guaranteed top 2? You make it sound like they're going to be liquidated.