So it's confirmed. He is a system babby

So it's confirmed. He is a system babby

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/09/23/jacoby-brissett-was-good-but-the-patriots-win-thursday-is-bill-belichicks-triumph/#comments
boston.cbslocal.com/2016/09/23/tom-brady-system-qb-takes-continue-to-roll-in-be-embarrassingly-stupid/
si.com/nfl/2016/01/22/tom-brady-patriots-charlie-weis-option-routes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why doesn't everyone just copy the system then?

brissette has 98 yards with 9 completions

this game would be 42-0 if b rady was in

Why? What would be different under Brady that would warrant a huge point surplus?

It's not even debatable at this point

They don't have the other teams' playbooks?

You're telling me that if you plugged Winston in there, gave him an offseason to work with the team, that he would be comparable to Brady?

>BBQ has 98 yards
>Pats still win.
>Brady stat pads... still wins.
>somehow Brady putting up more numbers but still having the same result as BBQ makes Brady not a system babby.

Patriot logic everyone.

He's an elite QB on an elite system.

It's honestly like a knuckle ball pitcher who you've never seen before. Eventually they become like Dickey and they get their shit fucked up on a regular basis (see Rg3). Memezial)

Call me when Bellicheck can make the playoffs without Brady.

Hurr how many games with Brady did they score like 40 points last season? Like 1?

got em

By that logic, they would have won the SB with Cassel that season.

RING RING

By that logic, they would have won the Super Bowl last season with Brady.

Do you really think the Patriots shut out their opponent every week? If the Texans scored 14 points the first half and Brissett had to pass they'd be fucked.

only 11-5 team in history not to make the playoffs fuck off with that argument.

not to mention he had Brady in 2002 and still missed the playoffs but that's right most pats fans today were still in diapers.

What logic? By your reasoning, Brady shouldn't have gone like 10 years without a ring then.

They won 4 with Brady, 0 with any backup as a starter.

If you're going by results, as you implied. Any other QB would have won the SB with BB is a head coach, hasn't happened.

no no you're mistaken.

Brady's only won 1 superbowl that one against the Eagles.

Adam Vinitiari won super bowl 36 and super bowl 38,

Butler won superbowl 49.

with literally one of the easiest schedules in the history of the NFL

they easily go undefeated again that year with Brady

>Brady's only won 1 superbowl that one against the Eagles.

Campbell's chunky soup won that one.

Vinateiri was 1 for 3 in FGs against the Panthers, Brady set the SB record for completions in that game too.

By that logic, only Joe Flacco and Eli Manning have won SBs on the last decade.

Peyton retired with 0 SB wins.

oh look that meme.

yeah 1-3 the 1 that fucking won it. Put Brady in the Montana situation where he needed a TD to win it? yeah that's right he fucking choked. oh not only once but fucking twice to the lesser fucking Manning Brother.

That might mean something if they had a backup as a starter more than one season.

I'm okay with this, Peyton sucks in the postseason

>3 points at the end of the game count more than 2 missed chip shots earlier in the game

You don't actually believe that right?

Someone explain to me what a system babby is please

Oh yeah this bubble screen meme option bullshit is going to work against a team that isn't fucking retarded.

Why are people acting like this is a good thing? All it means is an even longer period of Patriot dominance.

Someone who succeeds based on the system, rather than individual talent.

well when the 3 points came as the clock ran out and won the game, yeah they count more than two missed one.

boy you are such a genius.

only QB to win a SB with two differen teams.
>ONLY

Brady trade, when?

I think he means that billechick is the real goat

If you're considering results, it matters. Considering Brady won his first ring as a backup, replacing an injured Bledsoe.

brady doesnt run option

Except you're forgetting if they had those extra 6 points they could kneel at the end of the game instead of having to drive into FG range in the last minute.

Thank you for the non bullshit answer Bruv

don't discount edleman he was the only one that could beat the ravens in 2014 not brady

It sure seems like fans are saying the end of the game means more when they give credit to Brady for driving his team down the field in three different Bowls after not doing shit for the other three quarters.

Why does Cred Forums love to suck Brady's cheating dick?

Let's be honest here, if it wasn't for Peyton, the Broncos could have been a modern dysnasty.

> that game against the Ravens
> that game against the Seahawks

This means we can't look forward to the Pats sucking in 3 years when Brady retires.

We're gonna be dealing with this bullshit for a looooooong time

Peyton was dragged kicking and screaming to the SB, especially with the clots

He was much more detrimental to the success than he ever was helpful

I am telling you he would have multiple super bowls

thank you for logic, it seems to be lacking these days.

>Because Brissett is doing something NO ONE has ever seen before.

Because he isn't the evil villain the media wants him to be. As far as QB attitude:

1. Joe Flacco
2. Alex Smith
3. Blaine "whoa there motherfucker" Gabbert
4. Eli Manning
5. Brady

9001. Kaep

>implying i give a shit as a bucs fan who doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning fucking anything ever

Only QB to win with two different teams.

you literally have no argument.

I got you senpai.

They're not used to a meme offense.

Brady > Michael Jordan in GOATness

jordan sux

>going by results
There has a been next to a zero window of opportunity for that to happen under a BB led Patriots team. To come to such a deduction is pure stupidity given how Brady went like a decade without a championship.

>it's brady's fault that he didn't get hurt for a year in the twilight of his career resulting in him being cut the year after

>a bucs fan

be honest, how many times have you thought about moving to new england and telling your neighbors you were born here?

Brady won as a backup, no other backup has done it under BB.

This confirms Brady is not the GOAT.

matt fucking cassell got 11 wins on that team

His numbers and overall resumè say otherwise

He didn't won the SB. Same scenario, different results. There's definetly a system, but Brady makes it work when it matters.

Alternatively...

>pats go 0-3

>that pats team is so garbage
>litterallay who's without brady
>bandwagoners btfo

I'll take all forms of criticism regarding my team, but first - take a look at the scoreboard.

All under a coach who could win with anyone.

Are you stupid? How does that add anything to your argument? Oh yeah, let's just add in even more playing time for Brady so we have even less samples! You're just going in circles now.

No it's more like at this point I'm wonder what kinds of fucking sacrifices Belichick made to devils in order to have such a consistently winning team.

He didn't win with Bledsoe or the Browns

>Brady went like a decade without a championship.

>WENT LIKE A DECADE

so 4 rings so far in a career that is not over means nothing?

stay mad.

It seems to be mutual. No SB without Brady and there has to be a reason why he hasn't traded Brady.

Are brady's and the black guy's stats the same for their first games?

Are patriots playing exactly the same as with Brady?

I really don't know

I had the "you are so fucking mad" pic with Eil but I can't seem to find it in my folder.

What do you mean when you say "the system"?

You don't really have an argument neither. As you said, if the samples aren't significant, no statement can be proven. All that remains is Brady's numbers and accolades.

brisset is 10/18
how is any discussion of a system qb even valid

>Joe "pls call me ELITE" Flacco
>good attitude

Pats are the Spurs of the NFL, yea Bill/Pop could plug anyone in and win a few a games w/o a legit star, but w no Brady/Duncan they literally have no chance at winning a championship

> a mix of Nammath and Eli
> not charming

Has there ever been a bigger fraud?

Keep him out of the Hall of Fame

>ITT

>85% texas fans pissed their team couldn't beat a 3rd string qb

>15% pats fans pissing themselves laughing

no, Pats are barely throwing the ball

John Elway
Jerome Bettis
Lynn Swann

There's a sample size, there just isn't one to make any sort of statements on their abilities to win a SB, yes. However I never argued anything of the sort, you did when you brought up Matt Cassell which all goes into the toilet because there's actually a much large sample size on Brady that tells us how hard it is to win one to begin with even with saint Brady, apparently.

Didn't Eli Manning cuck the Patriots out of TWO SB wins?

Every QB is a fucking system QB because it's a meaningless statement. QB on a team with retarded playcalling and the team doesn't do well? He's a good QB he's just doesn't have a good o-line, receivers, RBs, coaches, etc. Aka he's a product of the system he's in, as in, he's only as good as the TEAM he's on will allow him to be. I'm convinced "system" is just a redundant term that means team or franchise. Every team has their own "system". It's called a playbook and a roaster.

Unlike Bellicuck, other team coaches don't go around filming everyones defense to know how to make the system to beat them.

no, Brady was playing hurt in 07 and Pats team was garbage in 11

Yes they do. www.yourteamcheats.com

Your argument means nothing. He jumped ship from the colts to an elite team that honestly didn't need him to win.

I think you meant to post 'Yes, the Patriots were cucked twice by the Giants.'

>Pats win in a blowout
>fans still butt blasted because Brady wasn't playing/a negro was at QB

You literally could not make this shit up. Boston makes the South look progressive.

that site claims the ravens cheated in the 2012 superbowl because joe flacco said someone should tackle the returner if he broke it loose........

>18-1
JUST

Most teams wouldn't dominate with two backup qbs that never started before

Graps looked amazing; Brissett looks bretty good - it brings into question Brady's actual talent level.

With other team, a backup QB results in a significant drop. Here, not so much. That is what a system QB is.

No we really we weren't. There's legitimate reasons why it wasn't an even playing field and Eli got lucky he made some great passes to score some points at the end.

Has there ever been a team that won the SB without any violation (PED suspensions/salary cap violations/other shenanigans like glue or fake crowd noise).

Yes, they really were.
>b-but look at these excuses!!!!
18-1

EVERY COACH DOES. THERE ARE DESIGNATED FILMING AREAS TO DO SO.

"The System" is a method of play specifically designed to adhere to the mind and talent of the head coach and coordinators. The system revolves around exploiting the weaknesses of a team and outsmarting the sideline personnel. As stated before individual talent plays no/little role in this style of play.

Jimmy G is an understudy to Brady and he's had decent playtime over the last however long. Brisket isn't good in the slightest. Watch the mistakes he made tonight and realize he got fucking lucky often. Call it what it is; a good team, and don't use that to lessen the accomplishments of the individual players when they obviously stand out just because you're butthurt about how good they are as a team.

That's just not true. Ours is a subtler racism. Less burning crosses, more "I'm sorry, but we just can't approve your loan."

Belichick baby

The rest of the NFL must be a bunch of dumbasses if they haven't been able to copy the system after all these years.

Charlie Weiss, Romeo crunnell, and Josh all failed as head coaches. I wonder why....

>Eli got lucky
even as a pats fan that pisses me off, eli is a machine, has not missed a single game since he was named starter, plays thru injuries and was clutch in 2 superbowls.

the dude might be somewhat retarded and can't tie his own shoes never mind GOATS, but give him his due.

I remember the Steelers doing well with Batch and that black QB they had,same with the Vikings this season.

A coach job is to manage the game, like both Zimmer and BB have done so far, Brady makes it easy.

I don't know why it's hard to believe Brady is a great QB on a good system. Patriots never doubt to trade their backups, yet Brady remains.

That's literally what all teams strive for. That's as much football as the people making plays. That's why they line up in formations and run coordinated plays, dipshit.

> Brady is a system babby
Same as all Tom Landry's QBs
So he would be better if he played for the Browns and got them to 6 and 10?
Mad cuz he has a solid team, learns his plays, and has an excellent Head Coach?
Peyton Manning wishes he could've played for the Patriots.

non-retarded pats fan? i don't believe this isn't a troll

It is a good team. But when that team is good without Brady, then it's natural to wonder if Brady is even good.

Graps has never started. Again, when other teams do this, it results in a drop. If you're completely replaceable by a 2nd and 3rd string, neither of whom has ever started a regular season game before, then you might not be that good. I'm not saying he isn't, but it makes you wonder, unless you're a faggot sycophant

I'm not butthurt. You seemed to have misunderstood what a system qb is. I was just explaining. It means you're totally replaceable, and team doesn't miss a beat.

Charlie Batch is a veteran qb (that black qb might be Charlie Batch).

These dudes are some literally whos

SUPERBOWL

MVP

MVP
V
P

BEST PLAYOFF PERFORMANCES EVER

EVER
V
E
R

What if Jimmy is also good?

He might be, but for damn sure Matt Cassel isn't.

And he might not be.

same with Brady, it turns out

The team did miss a beat though. They won nailbiters against the Cards and Dolphins, largely because the offense disappeared. You can't have sustained decade long success by scraping out wins like that.

If you just gave their stats and record, I wouldn't even know Brady was gone desu if that other guy didn't break his arm, anyways. So like half their games already and the nigger is still putting up points too in the other half.

M8, the Cards were touted to be the best team in the league this season

And they won with a nobody. In fact, that nobody looked fucking brilliant

I think it was Leftwitch. Batch looks white sometimes.

There's still the Vikings example.

Matt Cassel was a perfectly fine QB to start his career before getting ruined by shit teams and injuries. He was statically better on the Chiefs than the Patriots which dispels the system myth

>completely replaceable
They barely won against the DOLPHINS.

Cassel did have a great season with the Chiefs.

posting in a troll thread

Sam Bradford has started a shitton of games. He was also a number 1 pick, hampered primarily through injures and that shitheel of a QB killer, Jeff Fisher, who sucks a nut

>Throws the ball less than 20 times
>Barely cracked 100 yards passing
>No significant drop off from the QB position

Are you high? That game was completely on the running game, special teams, and the defense looking down right elite. Did you even watch the game?

He's not a nobody, he's a 2nd round QB hand picked by Belichick and training in the offense for years. And he put up 250~ yards and 1 TD, that's serviceable, not brilliant.

That's because they were shutting them out. That's what you do. You manage the clock in that situation.

This

the pats could have literally taken knees the entire game and still won.

a Cred Forums autists could probably win this game at QB

>With other team, a backup QB results in a significant drop.

2015 Brady, First 3 games:
1,112 Yards, 9 TDs

2016 Garop/Brissett First 3 games
685 Yards, 4 TDs

That's a significant drop

Don't bother. Too many people buying into the ESPN Quarterback vs Quarterback hype.

>team won = quarterback carried them to victory
>team lost = quarterback stunk it up

It's very early in the season. If this was game 9 it wouldn't of went this way with J.B. They may have won with J.B. but not like this. Give credit where it's due great coaches make great QBs.

Brady has made way too many clutch GW drives in the playoffs, reg season and SB to not be a legend... Him and Bill are greatness and the GOAT QB and Coach duo, stop trying to deny facts and reality.

A 2nd round pick is hardly a nobody.

the patriots are overrated as fuck this year. they should be 0-3 right now but arizona's kicker choked and they got lucky turnovers against the dolphins and toxins

M8, those qbs NEVER STARTED A GAME BEFORE

And they weren't losing, so that's two reasons to keep their games to a minimum. Yet when they were needed, they were as good as Fraudy

Gr8b8m8

>it brings into question Brady's actual talent level.

i can't stop laughing at you, i almost pissed myself.

u wot m8? They were blowing them out before going full retard and letting them back in.

I can't wait until Fraudy comes back and they immediately lose

It
Will
Be
Glorious

Literally every team films opponents.

Their game plan did change tho, no way they kneel to end the second quarter with Brady driving. To that point it was still very much within the Toxins' range and Bellichick chose not to got for points because of who he had at QB.

So how much have they put you in the hole for you bitter little man?

>Tom Brady took over as QB of defending champs Michigan and was nothing special
>Tom Brady goes thru the vetting of the NFL Draft and was nothing special
>PATRIOTS SYSYTEM QB WHOOP! WHOOP!
>Brady goes to a team other than the Patriots, nothing special
>Brady went to Michigan over the weekend and they all were all mad that he wasn't great for Michigan or anyone else besides the Patriots

They weren't as good though. The team won the game but the offense definitely suffered significantly.

iktf mexibro. Serious question, how often do Mexicans eat tacos?

That's fair enough for Belichick to be cautious with a 3rd string qb.

That doesn't suggest that Brady is any good. It just means that Belichick is more comfortable with him, as is natural.

Why would he lose? The system will make him win every game

Because he's actually terrible

So is Brissett, it doesn't matter, the system makes them win every game.

On NFL Network they are interviewing players after the game and everyone is agreeing the Lombardi Trophy should be renamed the Belichick Trophy

We should also make a trophy for system QBs and call it the Brady Trophy

Eli Manning did his job. I remember watching the last regular season game between N.E. and NYG and hoping that N.E. wouldn't face them in the Super Bowl. Undefeated season was arrogant and stupid in my eyes and Eli played great that game. 2 non-retarded Patriots fans now.

what if they win the SB with Brady?

He's literally better than Brady in every way

>That doesn't suggest that Brady is any good

yeah, call it tango down.

i'm done with you fucking idiots for tonight.

Do you not understand that the Patriots alter their game plan to compensate for the new QB's? They've had months to prepare for having to play without Brady, and made sure they didn't put their guys in positions where they had to carry the game. Let's not pretend that Graps looked elite. He looked like a decent QB. But lets not forget that they only beat the Cards because of a shanked kick.

Also, there was a big drop off from the QB position. Look at Brissett's numbers. They aren't great. They just didn't need him to be great because everyone else did their job.

Of course they do. I literally said as much explicitly

They also alter their gameplan for shitty qbs, which is why Fraudy has had success

No, Lombardi didn't need to cheat for 100+ of his coach career wins

Honestly as a big Brady fan, I'm not sure he'd be even close to what he is without Belichick. It's like 90% Belichick - 10% Brady.

The stats don't back up that claim

Grops was looking like God against the phins before he got hurt

duh

>Peyton Manning wishes he could've played for the Patriots.
That would be awful, because he would have won half a dozen Bowls and Pats fans would suck him even harder than they do Brady.

Meant to say they could've won with J.G. but not like this. J.B. couldn't have done it in a week 9 scenario.

Right, the system. The system where Tom Brady is the second leading rusher on the team. I know the system you're talking about.

>That game was completely on the running game, special teams, and the defense looking down right elite.
That's been a formula most seasons with Brady at quarterback, as well.

>That's been a formula most seasons with Brady at quarterback, as well.
Like the year when they were 20th in rushing yards per game and 31st in yards allowed per game and made the Super Bowl?

Like Landry and his QBs? Danny White comes to mind.

Or the string of years when they were top 5 in rushing and had the best kicker in the league?

>If this was game 9 it wouldn't of went this way with J.B.

is the clock different in game 9 or different rule changes in game 9? i guess i'm just confused.

The system that has won zero legit Super Bowls and only one by cheating in the last 11 years.

>Or the string of years when they were top 5 in rushing and had the best kicker in the league?
What the fuck are you even talking about? Patriots have not been top 5 in rushing yards per game since Brady became a starter (and only had a couple top 10 ones).

Lombardi? If you put anything beyond that guy then he would've played your ass too. If you think Lombardi wouldn't have bought an opponents playbook you're naive. Pro Football got it's start by gangssters bankrolling team so people could gamble. Football has always been shady.

>salty as fuck fans
>hating Tom Terrific

Stay irrelevant.

Some one apparently didn't watch any Pats games for about 10 years.

i would buy you a beer.

I have, because I'm not a Pats fan that just started watching two years ago.

The O-line and defense wouldn't have been as fresh. A lot of players would be playing injured. WRs playing with cracked fingers. Linemen playing with 10 broken toes and cracked ribs. You've never played High School or College football obviously.

The other team would be playing with injuries, too.

Brady is the GOAT QB that plays under the GOAT Coach, just like how Michael Jordan is the GOAT NBA Player that played with the GOAT Coach.

But not with a 3rd string QB fresh out of college.

Except Jordan would have goat regardless while Brady would have been out the league in 2 years

Why can people accept that in Basketball but not football? 90% of QBs never call a play in their whole career. And would you trust a play that Terry Bradshaw called? He was a GOAT no doubt but he is also as dumb as blue mud. He's also nice with a firearm.

I'd suck Brady's cock easily 10 times a day every day because confident gay-seeming guys like Brady that dress Queer Eye and marry a girl that looks like a tranny turn me on. I masturbate to Brady like 10 times a week (both him topping me, me topping him, getting his gay friends and tranny-looking wife involved etc). Brady is the gay icon of our era as far as I'm concerned

As a QB, he's meh without Belichick (and no i don't fantasize about Belichick, he's basically the complete opposite of a gay icon like Tom...does turn me on that Tommy likes subbing to a big bear tho)

Lets look at the other story I guy picked like 600th overall went on t be the best QB? Ya right this aint Disney

He lucked into a Belichick system

Pretty sure blonde bomber called most of his own plays

Oh yeah, I forgot how dominant their run game was after Corey Dillion left, when they had Lawrence Maroney starting at RB. Sorry.

Holy shit is this the mindset of people outside of New England?

>never lost a championship series
>not GOAT

So that entire fourth quarter in SB49 just didn't happen.

Even if I were to take your bait, Edelman had a great impact too and could've won MVP. The game SHOULD have been over earlier but seattle got that ridiculous catch just two-three plays earlier

QBs who beat Matt Cassel 2008
>Favre
>Rivers
>Peyton
>Big Ben
>Pennington (with the division winning dolphins)
Not exactly a list of scrubs.

For Completions sake here are the records of the teams that beat them in the same order
>9-7
>8-8*
>12-4*
>12-4* won super bowl
>11-5* got in by one extra conference win
*=playoff team

>Browns
>And not winning year 1=never going to win

Browns front office was shit and too busy playing hardball with the city to build a team and year 1 was him trying to repair the damage that happened in the three years between Parcells and him going to the Jets to make them relevant and his return.

Wow American /ABP/s are so jealous

Is Messi a systembabby if Barcelona manage to win when he's out?

first start for Brady (3rd game played)
against the Colts and Peyton
13-23 168 0tds 0 picks Pats won by 30.
pretty comparable when you remember early Brady was just a game manager with an elite defense.

Better stats than Brady's first ever start.

Garoppolo Might have been, had he not gotten injured.

Brady's first ever starts replacing Bledsoe
618 2 tds.
They are actually doing better.

>Against Cleveland.
Please Hue, I want to watch the world burn

it was confirmed when he came into the league and won 3 super bowls solely because of his field goal kicker, lmao

>mfw the Pats go 19-0
>mfw Brady can't take full credits

maybe because brady has a huge hand in how his backups play the game?

>only 11-5 team in history not to make the playoffs fuck off with that argument.

user, the Denver Broncos in 85 had 11-5 record and didn't make post season. Learn your fucking football before you trip and post about football acting like you know shit.

Everyone does,you study the other team's D days before the game. They called.itnfilm day in HS.

I don't know who this is but why is he so perfect?

So are any other seemingly top skills positions on the Pats also system babbies?

What's the standard here? Must be other QBs that are really system babbies because they had an all time great coach

Don't bother. Belichek has broken about half the NFL posters on this board. They'll say anything to avoid admitting The Patriots put together some GOAT teams and that Brady has been a great QB.

Now you are saying he is so good that even when he isn't on the field they are only winning because of him?

Now you're starting to get it Lars. If a team wins a single game without a given player, they are replaceable by definition.

If you ignore the fact that passing stats have gone through the roof since Brady first started you still wouldn't have much of a point.

>Tom Brady took over as QB of defending champs Michigan and was nothing special
Didn't he set the Michigan passing records?
>Tom Brady goes thru the vetting of the NFL Draft and was nothing special
And we all know accurate and precise NFL evaluations are. Which is why all first round picks all pan out.
>Brady went to Michigan over the weekend and they all were all mad that he wasn't great for Michigan or anyone else besides the Patriots
Who the fuck else has he played for?

You obviously don't know how the Patriots manage the clock.

Japan, the stat comparison was to show that they are on par with Brady at the same point in his career. There is no reason to pull up stats from 2005 onward when he started throwing better when the comparison is more of an apples to apples vs what the other guy did which is compact year 16 Brady to these guys.

2008 you fucking idiot

1994 actually.

he made and won a playoff game....
WITH THE FUCKING BROWNS

If you think the Patriots were running the same offensive system last night as what they usually do with Brady, then you know literally NOTHING about football.

he hasn't traded him because he's willing to take pay cuts because he realizes he is easily replaceable and doesn't want his legacy**** to be exposed on another team

Peyton was the OC.

Know less about football, you guys.

It’s unfathomable as a football fan to know that so many people watched the Patriots dismantle the Texans 27-0 Thursday night and think it would have been the same thing if Brady were in there. It would not have been the same … it might have been 55-0.

Some facts from Thursday night … The Patriots had 282 total yards of offense. Ninety-seven net pass yards. Jacoby Brissett was 11-of-19 with 103 passing yards, ran the ball eight times, and scored his only touchdown on a quarterback keeper. Their first two touchdowns were on short fields thanks to fumble recoveries by the Patriots special teams unit. The Patriots generally ran more of a college-style offense and punted the ball seven times.

Yet people watch that and say it’s the same exact thing as Brady. Again, you couldn’t know less about the Patriots (or football, really) if that’s what you seriously believe. The Patriots would not have punted seven times with Brady on the field. The way Houston played last night, the Patriots would have had a shot to hang 50+ on them if they had Brady running the offense and a full-strength Rob Gronkowski.

washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/09/23/jacoby-brissett-was-good-but-the-patriots-win-thursday-is-bill-belichicks-triumph/#comments

woops, wrong link

This is the link I meant to post.

boston.cbslocal.com/2016/09/23/tom-brady-system-qb-takes-continue-to-roll-in-be-embarrassingly-stupid/

This thread is old as fuck but a few things need to be restated for football newfags trying to play the QB equivalency/system babby game.

Jimmy Garappolo is twice the athlete Matt Cassel ever was, so drawing comparisons on Jimmy's 1.5 games worth of performance to 2008 is fucking retarded. Cassel was adequate and nothing more. The 11-5 playoff-less 2008 season always gets brought up in favor of "Brady is a system babby" proponents but it's never mentioned how good the rest of that team was coming off of 18-1. Barring injury, Garappolo will have a much better career than Cassel ever did.

Also, Brissett was 11-19 for 108 yards with a nice TD run. Wow, a passer rating of 73. Sure looks like the same "system" that Brady runs. The fact that the Patriots beat the Texans while running a fucking high school tier offense speaks more to the ineptitude of the Houston coaching staff than anything else. If the Patriots played a real team last night they would have lost.

This.

>Every QB is a fucking system QB
After last SB this has been proven unironically true. If you can carry the corpse of a QB to an owl win, then the QB's impact is overrated.

yes

Brady is elite and if you don't think so then you are jealous.

Saved it for ya

Just gonna leave this here:
si.com/nfl/2016/01/22/tom-brady-patriots-charlie-weis-option-routes

tl;dr

The Patriots are the most adaptable team in the league. So yes, Brady is a system QB, but that system happens to be one of the most complicated and challenging systems in the league for quarterbacks and receivers alike, and Brady has a unique talent for making it work.

Garoppolo and Brissett have been running a massively simplified version of that system, but they're still winning mostly due to the incompetence of the opposing teams and the overall skill of the Patriots offense in general.

This isn't to say that Jimmy G or Brisket are bad, but they're nothing compared to Brady.

I called you in 2008 but you didn't pick up

> The 11-5 playoff-less 2008 season always gets brought up in favor of "Brady is a system babby" proponents but it's never mentioned how good the rest of that team was coming off of 18-1.
So what you're saying is, Brady is a good team system babby?

all the quarterbacks who have won 3+ superbowls are system babbies, you don't become a dynasty without being a part of a great system

peyton is the GOAT

he took 4 diff coaches with 3 diff systems to 4 owls. no qb in this league could do that today outside of maybe aaron rodgers. casslel went 11-5, pats are the ultimate system. belichick is the greatest coach ever but he also has the greatest system and bawwston fags are in denial

The '08 Patriots were not a playoff team despite being 11-5.

The rest of the team being elite doesn't preclude Brady individually from having one of the GOAT QB seasons.

>2007 with Brady - one of the most dominant team performances in NFL history until the 18-1 choke.
Brady's rating: 117.2
>2008 with Cassel - Going 7-5 in the AFC en route to missing the playoffs.
Cassel's rating: 89.4.

The difference between those two teams? Take a guess. Thanks for proving my point that he's not a system babby. An elite Patriots team with a mediocre QB couldn't even make the playoffs a year after setting almost every offensive record worth noting in '07.

> muh passer rating

nobody said casslel was better than brady, obviously brady is better. but the point is that the system is good enough to make up for any gaps in other positions, even quarterback. that's the point of the system. if you put in rodgers on the 08 pats team his stats would be in the stratosphere with based moss. but the point is they did go 11-5 and brady would've gotten the pats 2-3 more wins....

But in most years, going 11-5 is automatic playoffs and is negligible. AFC just had great teams that year. it was an outlier year no matter how much in denial you are, any other year they make the playoffs and are a top 3 seed at 11-5. if pats made the playoffs they probably would've coasted to the conference championship game with casslel

Actually Peyton has only run the no huddle offense, when Fox and Kubiak tried to put in their offensive systems, Peyton was terrible so they switched back to something he was more familiar with.

He's pretty much a textbook example of a system babby

that system IS peyton. that's the definition of anti-system babby. It's classic stubborn coaches trying to put square pegs into their round holes. Which is why coaches like Belichick are based because they recognize their players' strengths and weaknesses and adjust the system to it not forcing the player. peyton had jim caldwell as his coach and still took them to an owl

peyton ran no huddle offenses because he was so good at reading defenses and could audible a play on the fly with 5 seconds left on the play clock

every interview with DC's, coaches and defensive players all have them saying you can only prepare for peyton in so many ways because he knew what the defense was going to bring

that's not a system, that's pure football iq and talent in reading defenses

Probably not. People forget how deeply flawed that team was. They had one win outside their division of a team over .500, their wins were mostly against 2-14 teams, 4-12 teams, and an 5-11 team.

They weren't talented enough defensively or offensively to make it to the AFC Championship, that year was the start of their rebuilding phase from 2008-2012

>that system IS peyton.

No it isn't, it was designed by Colts offensive coordinator Tom Moore to make Peyton more comfortable transitioning from a college offense. He is literally incapable of playing without the system.

all their losses that year were playoff teams on the other side of the braket

they could've beat the ravens and titans. the dolphins certainly didn't put up a playoff worthy performance and the pats blew them out later in their second matchup

moore helped with peyton's transition but peyton still has to read the defense every snap and audible to the proper play. no quarterback has done what he does at the line with adjustments for so long and so consistent. that's not a system, that's talent. how many quarterbacks have audibled at the line only to throw a pick because they misread a disguised coverage, we've all seen it

Peyton's audibles are only to change protection and identify blitzers, or to switch to a pre-determined run play. Every great QB does it.

They were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. The team could have won if they went.

But does your mom, do it?

>but the point is that the system is good enough to make up for any gaps in other positions, even quarterback

They won three owls in the previous 7 years. You'd be a retard to say that their system wasn't good, Brady or not. The actual point that counters your stupid assertion that the system is "good enough to make up for any gaps in other positions" is completely false and an E!SPN tier oversimplification. The evidence to counter it is staring you in the face between 07 and 08. Claiming that Aaron Rodgers would have dominated with the 2008 Patriots is proving my point since he's also an elite QB. Matt Cassel in the supposedly legendary Patriots system that automatically makes their quarterback a system babby was not.

>peyton still has to read the defense every snap and audible to the proper play
gee, almost like every other quarterback in the NFL

you stupid fuck he's talking about the NFL as a whole having bloated passing stats since then

600 yards back then is 800ish yards today.

Aaron Rodgers who is throwing for 200 yards a game and has been to one (1) super bowl and needs hail marry's to beat the Lions at home?

jej, please just keep spouting off some commonly held nonsense opinions and don't actually watch the games being played

every QB in the league does that you semen-slurping retard

Yes Peyton was one of the best at it but so is Brady. Peyton probably should have read the defense a bit better in those super bowls instead of throwing pick-sixes.

> comparing 2016 rodgers with an expired milk coach and no receivers to 2008 rodgers who was throwing dragons everywhere
nice try patsfag

>meaningless regular season stats
Nice dude he really showed up against the Giants at home in the playoffs after going 15-1.
Or any of his other disgusting playoff losses.
Guy isn't that good and posting a bunch of meaningless regular season stats from 10 years ago doesn't change that as he currently is literally one of the worst starting QB in the NFL statwise

No one is arguing Brady isn't elite, no one that isn't delusional, anyway. Hell, most would probably agree that he is an all time great.

When TB is called a systembabby, it's in regards to the GOAT discussion. The fact is that he has GOAT tier stats and accolades, yet many people feel like that is partly due to coming into an excellent system that enabled him.

Guys what if

Now listen to me

Just what if

Both Garoppolo and Brissett are just good quarterbacks?

But what you said is rational and objectively true, the "system" of the New England Patriots is what enabled Brady to be as successful as he has been. Could he succeed in another "system" or team? By looking at the extremely varied offensive schemes and rosters over the years only a moron would say no.

>being elite
>being a system babby as Cred Forums defines it

Pick one.

>No one is arguing Brady isn't elite
The OP basically was implying he isn't because Brissett threw for 100 yards and won last night.

> Could he succeed in another "system" or team?

Of course, but the relevant question is "would he have been as successful"?

>no one that isn't delusional, anyway

Oh no, my team is too good.

>no one that isn't delusional, anyway
So, like, half of Cred Forums.

ok............

yfw Brady comes back at 4-0 and lose his first game

because other teams don't have Kraft and Bellycheck working every possible angle to game the system in their favor. It's incredible to watch them work Goobdell over like the fucking stooge that he is.

Most other teams are still playing 60's era GOOD OL' PIGSKIN ACT LIKE YA BEEN THERE SON football. Meanwhile the Pats are like the MIT crew that counted cards in Vegas and walked away with millions. Pats roster is hot garbage but they still kick the crap out of a more talented Texans team.

As much as I hate the Pats, there is no team in sports that takes winning as seriously as them.

Coaches have an effect on teams' performances.
Stop the presses.

Brady is good, but Belichick makes him look even better.

>Patsfags
>being able to talk shit about team's playoff loses to Eli
pick one.

Actually, considering the teams that drafted qbs in 2000 the only one that he would have failed with is the Chargers or maybe the Jeff Fisher Titans*.
>Browns were shit but they had enough talent that if Tom could stay upright they would win.
>Jets were good
>Steelers were winning with Kordell Stewart
>Ravens* were just about to win SB with Trent Dilfer
>Niners had TO and 1 more season of Jerry Rice.
>Saints* were okay
>Redskins were Okay
>Broncos* just needed a QB
>Bucs* were good with Brad Johnson
*2000 playoff team

Brady almost couldn't lose with that 2000 draft.

If he loses to the Browns, Cred Forums deserves the night of shitposting it will get

Good thread

post 2005 he became elite. He actually started his career as above average game manager with a great D.

Brady > Eli >>>>> Peyton

:^)

Playoff Eli>Brady>Peyton>regular season Eli>Playoff Peyton

FTFY

>

His autism makes up for his lack of skill, you know this.