Why do you think the NFL ratings the first few weeks have been significantly down?

Why do you think the NFL ratings the first few weeks have been significantly down?

Vote: strawpoll.me/11285995

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11285995
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>strawpoll.me/11285995
no they're fine for a dying sport.

brady put a hex on them

Baseball and soccer are just better sports. There's no break in the flows of the game that aren't unnatural. (Yes there are commericals in baseball, but they are usually 2 minute intervals between an inning and they work with the relatively slow pace of the game) And there are rarely games that are 'over' until very late in the game because of the scoring systems.

White people get ahead in life by being good at cheating. If you ban your whitest of white guys for cheating what kind of statement does that make to your mainly white fans?

NFL jews fucked up big this time.

>ratings down
more people finding streams probably

>Baseball

I can't vote because it's none of these. It's a combination of things. In the past 15 years we have had some damn good Superbowls but in the past 5 there have been some not-as-good Superbowls or "shit" owls to casuals. And speaking of casuals those former owls in addition to Fantasy Football and DFS has brought a huuuge influx of casuals in the last 10 years increasing year-by-year. These casuals are sensational and meme-y. The Internet and the current state of sports journalism has been a proponent of sensationalizing the more meme type stuff like, beast-mode skittles, Richard Sherman, dabbin, Peyton manning commercials. Those all kinda peaked ~3-4 years ago, but have been dying down or become more removed from the sport itself. And with this happening around the few recent shitty owls and people not understanding how to actually find entertainment from fantasy and it getting boring because they suck/don't understand the game. Casuals are just losing interest. The sports media still tries to pander to the most accessible stories. Turn on the tv and they are over hyping OBJ/Norman like those aren't two over rated players, but hey those names are recognizable so let's fucking cover that and national anthems all day.

All this is to say that NFL somewhere in the last 10 years has been trending and the trend is passing and the state of the sport is returning to composition of mostly sports/football focuses fans.

Have for MNF have been going down becouse of cord cutting ESPN's trash production values, and shit matchups.

Havnt seen a source saying the other time slot ratings have been going down

Interesting angle, sounds like hogwash though

>Italy
>white

>other

i just dont give a fuck about this sport anymore

Why though, unless it's just general depression where you start disliking everything you used to love

ESPN lost over 5M subs this year so ofc the monday numbers will be lower the rest of the games are the same as last year only the opening had less viewers but thats because last year was a record with Steelers v Patriots.

I didnt say Italy was white or anything like that, why so defensive?

-commercials
-constant rule changing: no endzone celbrations, no hard tackles, no taunting, special team reduction
-sport marketed at casuals
-if team doesnt have a qb there is zero chance at contention
-all money goes to owners
-all star game
-russtled by flag rebels

list keeps growing. bottomline its a stupid sport once you realize whats actually going on

i lost interest thats all and the variables i listed at contributing factors

>-if team doesnt have a qb there is zero chance at contention

Missed last year then, peyton was a bottom 10 QB for most of the season

>no TD celebration
thats college m8
>no qb, 0 chance
See: First 4 weeks Patriots, Last years Broncos
>Pro Bowl
I dont see your point here? Sure the Pro Bowl sucks but what does that have to with the season product?

Actualy CBS just said last nights game was up 5% compared to last year.

I'm just saying I've talked to a lot of people who have said they are going to stop following football and I was a little disheartened at first and then I realized they hadn't been watching it for more than 8 or so years any way. Yes there will be a decline and it may even seem like the sport is dying. But it won't die. It will just return to something similar to what it was before, albeit slightly altered. Look at the other sports. They aren't hyped as the main American electric sport but they exist in a mostly healthy state.

If there is anything to be concerned about it's the league being high on the recent success it has had and flailing in every awkward way to keep its fair-weathered easily offended and distracted fans in the form of more rule changes or more highlighting of the lesser non-sport related content.

NFL has been fucking fans in the ass for every last cent they can get out of these games to the point where the games aren't fun to watch. Maybe people are sick of it.

I think that's why it feels like there is a notion of general consensus that the sport is in a decline. It's on a downward trend and yet it's becoming what it never was before the upswing. So casuals don't care as much and long term or recent sport-enthusiasts feel disregarded.

Because Tom Brady is a saint and there has be a grave injustice done to him and America's true team. The Patriots

they dont have any big hits like they still do in hockey

I read on another forum that the NFL will be like NASCAR within 20 years, completely irrelevant.

Nascar is relevant to the auto racing world and they have a fuck ton of fans that sell out massive raceways

Combination of star players missing, bad match ups, boycotting and people just losing interest in nfl