Why cant NFL players tackle for shit? I see this too often. This a fucking piss poor attempt at a tackle...

Why cant NFL players tackle for shit? I see this too often. This a fucking piss poor attempt at a tackle. This is the sort of tackle attempt you'd see in an under 13's rugby team.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBrTFPzzcrE
espn.co.uk/american-fb/story/_/id/17588418/seattle-seahawks-fined-lose-pick-practice-violation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is all the proof you need to see that its all Belichick and Brady is average at best.

god, you're an idiot.

you can't prove brady isn't good just because belicik is. You need to show that brady is bad elsewhere.

You fags are so try-hard on this. Just watch the fucking sport.

Googles are more in it for style points than actual tackles.

Nah youre wrong townie. Cant believe you white trash are celebrating when all this has done is expose your star QB.

this

Not even a patriots fan but how the fuck does a guy throwing for 100 yards (mostly YAC) and great special teams play prove Brady is average?

Becaused they are paid to allow teams to score points.

The NFL is objectively the most obviously rigged sports league in the world, Thursday being the least sophisticated rigging so far this season. It was lazy and apparent probably because the creative team has been working to make a good Monday night game to drive ratings back up.

Inb4 shills

Ah Millennials. Dumb as fuck.

Millenials are the strongest race on earth.

Is there anything more cringe than when Cred Forums does stuff like this?

I've been wondering the same thing. It happens a lot in college which is understandable I suppose, since only a very small number of all-star college players will ever sniff the NFL, but some of the tackles you see on Sunday are just shit tier at best.

Is it coaching?

It's practically illegal for a defender to so much as sneeze on a quarterback nowadays

>Is it coaching?
Maybe. Im sure theyre told the correct way to tackle but these guys are naturally bigger and stronger as kids so they dont necessarily need to have good technique early on. When everyone is the same size and speed as you those arm tackles arent going to be as effective.

Have you ever played football?

It's a lot harder to tackle someone in open field that it is to tackle someone in the backfield.

Watch how many tackles get broken behind the line of scrimmage vs 20 yards downfield.

Also, fuck the patriots.

>more cringy
yeah, your life so far

Moron
>Googles
What did he mwan by this
>all this butthurt
And youre still a moron
Wew boi, have an evidence to back your idiotic claim?

Butthurt white trash who's Star QB is nothing but a farce. Put Cutler in that system and he would shine lmfao. E X P O S E D

Dude just got mad juked, not much a guy can do if his momentum is taking him that way and he didn't breakdown to actually stop him so a bit of bad technique

It's just laziness on most of these guys parts.

>MUH proofs

Is the NFL Online Defence Force now taking lessons from Putin's Online Army?

Yeah, let me just leak the most closely guarded documents in sports, since clearly the visible evidence from the results isn't good enough for "unbiased" "seekers of the truth" like you

Yeah no point in arguing with retards who shout "muh whitetrash". Try not to choke on the kids toy with your mini meal.

>I have no argument so Ill ignore you
E X P O S E D
X
P
O
S
E
D

"our" future ladies and gentlemen

*tips fedora*

Have you seen this election? The U.S. has no future.

please formulate a grammatically correct sentence next time

Sorry, I had your dads dick in my mouth. I couldn't formulate correctly given the situation.

if that was the Broncos, TJ Ward would've killed the qb.

Suck my cock next time.

texans fan here

trust me, thursday wasn't rigged. i was worried sick all day before the game because i knew 1.) our offense is clown shoes retarded 2.) it was a game on short rest and 3.) the record of home wins at Gillette stadium for the Pats is just plain dumb.

granted, i think the Texans are a way better team than what was shown last night, but turnovers+bill belichek=Terry Schaivo could have played qb and won

Gang tackling is only extremely common on the line. Secondary players are on an island, forced to cover and tackle one on one or two on one at most.

Once a runner with momentum breaks into the secondary with an open field, the stop becomes that much harder. The difficulty of making a tackle in this situation shouldn't be underestimated by fans..

Glorification of "big hitz" in football means a lot of players eschew proper tackling technique in favor of the highlight reel play.

So a lot of secondary players have the reputation of being piss poor tacklers.

Not to mention when a tackler simply takes a bad angle, such as here.

It's also often assumed QBs on the sideline will simply trot out of bounds, but he juked the defender, instead.

NFL players who are poor tacklers generally suffer from the same problems which plague any pro athlete who is bad at fundamentals.

A lot of players who make the NFL, especially those in the secondary, are so physically gifted that they are significantly faster and stronger than 95% of their competition from peewee to college. Compared to other high school or college athletes most NFL caliber talents are so fast and strong that they can just lay out most of the people they're trying to tackle instead of wrapping up and making an effort to take a good angle every play.

Fast forward to the NFL where almost everyone playing was once the best player on their high school team and one of the top 5 players on their college team and the disparity between athleticism is much less pronounced. Fundamentals now matter to guys who have been coddled and had excuses made for their poor fundamentals because their talent made up for it for all their years prior. It's the same basic reason that a lot of big men in basketball who make millions every season are excused when they're bad at free throws.

1. tackling is a skill, and the nfl being 95% black means there is little skill and more simply reliance on speed/strength
2. you're only allowed a 4 square inch window to tackle without a flag these days

>is it coaching
yes.

recent 49ers are prime example
>pre fangio
shit tackling
>fangio era
consistent single defender open field tackles so beautiful they bring a tear to the eye
>post fangio
back to shit tackling (except based bowman)

it was really weird to see all these players lose a fundamental technique over one offseason, but the difference in form was very jarring.

It's because rugby players are far more athletically gifted than football players.

See: Hayne, Jerryd

what a horrible example. post pretty much any colts game for true example of amateur tier tackling.

Remember that rugby player who made it in the NFL?

Me neither.

Your excuse is literally >muh athletism

>shitty meme player
>came from the shitty meme sport that is rugby league
>can't even get a game in a shitty SEAgoogle team

How will /nrl/ ever recover?

Face it, Shitstrailian. You live in an irrelevant shithole and all of the athletes on your meme continent are shit.

Awful technique. Break down and use the sideline as an extra defender.

Cucks like you

There are good tacklers in the league, but good tackling rarely makes the highlight reel

Proper tackling form doesn't have enough swag so niggers ignore it in favor of trying to blow someone up to get on the highlight reel.

youtube.com/watch?v=FBrTFPzzcrE
Proper tackling is gonna make a comeback because the league is marketing to nu males and trannies who abhor violence

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't making an excuse for anyone. Poor tackling is made up for by extreme athleticism at most amateur levels of the sports. Pro football exposes this weakness in athletes who have been coddled by coaches because everyone in the NFL is very fast and strong. Poor tacklers are a liability in the NFL and I was never trying to claim otherwise., just explaining how a lot of players end up with poor fundamentals in this area. And like some anons have mentioned some teams and coaches drill tackling form better than others.

You know what's funny, is that teams still even allow bad tackling to exist.

The fucking Seahawks (Best scoring defense in the NFL last 4 years, and their 2013 squad is sitting with the members of the all time list) literally LITERALLY publicly post a video of their tackling technique EVERY SINGLE YEAR to try and educate younger players in the benefits of leverage tackling.

No Belicheat illegal filming required, it's on the team website.

this

This guy has it

And it leads to big egos which leads to wanting to make big hits to get on the highlight reel

CBA rules limit contact during training camps and practices

so they don't keep the skill honed

also you won't show up on E!SPN highlight reel with a solid tackle, so you gotta make yourself a nig missile

funny thing is by doing that, they end up on ahighlight reel for the ball carrier

I did not think anyone on Cred Forums was still capable of posts like these.

Don't forget 6-17 in prime time. Texans just can't get it done when the world is watching

You don't simply "tackle" Jacoby Brissett.

Yes you do you fucking retard. He would have got him if he run in full belt like a retard trying to get on the highlight reel

That's Jacoby Brissett, man. Imagine tackling Jonah Lomu (may he RIP) if Lomu was twice as fast and powerful.

I can't believe there were this many replies before someone posted something that every football fan ought to know.

Majority of tackles in rugby are nothing like this. Usually just a guy running straight at you from 5 yards. NFL guys can make these tackles too with ease.

You see missed tackles like this one all the time in rugby too when it's a similar situation. A guy running for the corner and the defender sprinting across to make the tackle.

this

but OPs webm was mostly the result of the Texans not preparing for Brissett being a mobile QB

Seahawks do get more practices than the 31 other teams though

>Texans not preparing for Brissett being a mobile QB
it must have comes as a complete shock to them

What?

espn.co.uk/american-fb/story/_/id/17588418/seattle-seahawks-fined-lose-pick-practice-violation

>actually hitting people during practice is bad in the No Fun League

One thing I don't get which I saw a few times last week.

4th down, Quarterback throws it downfield and corner back chooses to intercept the ball instead of batting it down and getting a turnover upfield. Also saw someone return a ball for a intercept td with about 30secs on the clock when if he had taken a knee, the game would have finished.

Do they just care about stats above winning games?

people make mistakes. even americans.

>football
>can only use your feet at 2 specific points in the game

Lol every time

Yes, sometimes their contracts are based on specific stats to get bonuses

Yeah that's why all the rugby players who have attempted the switch have been so successful

toxins fan, you missed the other 6 or 7 horrible mistackles from the game

That probably wasn't going through his head at the moment

Yeah I'm sure it has nothing to do with the memorising of thousands of plays and years of experience required to play at the top level in a game that is largely different :")

What about the guy at the patriots who grew up playing Rugby and walked onto his college team?

Because so much of the NFL is about athleticism and physical gifts.

A lot of these players are so much more athletic than all of the players on the field when they're in high school and sometimes even college. Because of that, a lot of them don't learn fundamentals because they don't need to.

Why does a star 17 year old defensive linemen need to learn proper technique when he's taller, faster and more powerful than every OL he encounters and can just blast through them on every play?

In ALL sports lots of players get through to the highest level on pure athleticism, even though their work ethic and technique is shit.

>football
>uses both feet
>Its not called feetball
>Ball is checkered
>Not called checkerball

You limey dickheads slay me